30: 1st Crush (Minho & Taemin)

SHINee : Family Version

Minho’s crush happened during a football practice. The girl that he was crushing on was apparently an older sister to one of his younger team mates, with only a one year age difference. The appearance of her was not until one spring break, where Minho was diligently practicing with his team mates for an upcoming soccer match on the beginning of the fall.

She came in, unnoticed by him at first. Until it was a time out for the team, one of his team mates bouncing towards the bleachers so sudden it shocked Minho (no one suddenly sprinted somewhere out of a sudden after a tough practice)

Minho finally noticed how the younger male excitedly chatted up to an amused girl about something. The girl only nodded, pat his head before giving him his lunch. Eating the lunch that was prepared by his mother, he ate while keeping his eyes on the couple from time to time, wondering how amusing it is for a younger boy to have an older girl as his close friend.

Not like Minho couldn’t have one, he’s just normally very focused to his own thing. He does not need to see how important it is to have a female acquaintance at the moment.

That is of course, back tracked until that day.

When the practice started again, the girl did not leave at all, which just rose the judgement of her being the girlfriend of his team mate. Usually Minho would just let it go, but he was curious.

“ani, hyung. That’s my noona.”

Oh. Noona.

He didn’t think about that possibility.

How could he? All he have is 4 brothers. The closest female in the house that he was close to was apparently is his mother. Couldn’t just asked his mother to pop out a sister though, which would be impossible.

 Minho was opted to ask for more information to why his older sister was there, but he was in no place to ask that. That would make people think about why he cared, right?

Luckily, his team mate found it normal for people to be thinking about that same question. Minho was told that his sister was bored at home, thus coming down to the football practice to give some support for him and the team although football is not her thing.

When asked why, he would just answer “why go chasing around an unanimated object around the field as a form of entertainment and leisure while you can just get a puppy instead?”

That amused Minho, knowing how she didn’t detested the idea of football, just wondered the whole existence of it. That got him intrigued to know the person more.

But! 

Unlike his twin, Kibum who was so open to approaching people, Minho was particularly very shy in doing so. Same as Jinki, he would just stare from afar, admiring the girl. I mean, he could have just go to the girl and try to get to know her, because Minho is one of the most attractive guys in school, due to his good genes of being an idol’s son, and of course, his impressive height.

Minho had tried to appeal towards his crush by doing his best on practices, hoping to catch her eyes while doing so, hoping that his aura was well received by her in the end.

Unfortunately, she didn’t. And sadly, that just pass by within the time she was there visiting them. He didn’t have the courage to go up to introduce himself to her, although she does know Minho is the star of the football team, the ace among the aces, the best of them all (who doesn’t?), yet she didn’t even acknowledged his feelings.

It’s not her fault too though, Minho was just too shy to do anything. And so, until the fall comes, the match happened, they won, and he never met her again. And apparently hearing from his team mate, his crush went back to her school (she’s not going to the same school as him, which explained to why he had never seen her before)

And that, is the end to his story.

What did Minho do to let go of that feeling?

He ate 10 bowls of rice and bulgogi as a resentment. It’s a historical moments to the whole family as to why Minho ate so much that night but seeming as Minho would just state that football made him this way, they didn’t need to ask for more. Even Kibum was not even aware of his crush though, Minho is a very secretive person, he kept everything to himself all the time.

Seeing as this was just a crush, Minho was not too devastated like his brothers who had the same experience as he did.

Sooner or later, he will fall in love and build a life with that special someone anyway.

 

Little Park Taemin is the golden boy of all brothers. Young, free spirited, observant and innocent. Without anything that can stop his journey of childhood, he was living a good life as the youngest of the Park brothers.

Due to his innocent charm, many girls in his school always tried to get closer to him. And as his usual persona, Taemin is shy like his older brothers. He would only stick around his close friends, Sungwoon, Jongin and Jimin. Never once he would interact with girls unless it is necessary to do so.

That boy is shy, but he’s not afraid of cooties. His mother always give him kisses, so that was also cooties… right?

And how did this little boy get his first crush? He don’t.

Actually, he doesn’t even know that he was crushing on someone.

No joke, that kid can be oblivious and dense at the same time too.

All he know that at one moment, he was at the back of the class, getting a time out for slapping a kid’s face during free time.

That kid had a mosquito on his cheek, that’s why he got slapped by Taemin who was just trying to help getting rid of that pest.

Eventually, the kid cried, the teacher missed the whole ‘helping’ thing and Taemin sulked at the corner for an hour.

When everyone was playing or drawing or chatting with each other, one girl came up to Taemin, claiming herself to be the twin sister of the kid that he slapped before. Taemin pouted and apologized quietly, not in the mood for talking.

But that girl giggled, saying that her twin brother deserved it for being a sneaky boy. She promised Taemin that she would tell their mother about the real situation instead so that Taemin wouldn’t be blamed blindly just like that. Taemin smiled, thanking her, and that was it.

A few days later, Taemin would approach her during recess and hand her his cookies, saying that his mother did it as a thank you gift (it was a slightly white lie, his mother gave it to him to eat as a dessert, but it was a chocolate chip cookies with the shape of a bear, it was a waste for Taemin to eat it that easily. Also, he can always ask for more)

The girl gasped and thanked Taemin again, and they went their separate ways to their friends.

A few days after that, during music class, when the girl was bored out of her mind trying to sing along with some children songs, Taemin amused her with dancing to the children songs (he got caught but he was not punished, thankfully)

A week later, the girl gifted him a small keychain, saying that her older sister came back from a country of Toyland (it’s actually Thailand, but she misheard it) for Taemin to keep it as a token of appreciation for being friends with her. Taemin had it on his bag every single day.

It was a fine year for this two blossoming relationship.

But when another year passed by, they move up into another year, and sadly, they were placed in a different classes. Both of their classes are not even close to each other, which means that they could not even meet or bumped into each other even if they don’t want to. The blossoming friendship that they have formed before was forgotten just like that.

Taemin was sad, hoping that the girl felt the same thing too.

But as time passes by, Taemin forgot about her, and move along with his friends and his life.

Ah, young love.


A/N: you can comment on what scenarios that you wanted to see this brothers in next! i take requests too! 

happy reading!

xoxo