6 : Brothers' Meeting!

SHINee : Family Version

“we can’t let mama go to Japan! It’s like appa’s concert all over again!” Jonghyun complained, trashing his arms everywhere like a maniac. While doing so, little Taemin copied his hyung’s actions, giggling to himself. Minho noticed this and put his arms down gently and told him not to copy the elder. Taemin obliged.

“I don’t know, mama is working as a manager though. Isn’t that what mama was supposed to do? But then again… I don’t want mama to go too…” Jinki sighed. As much as he love his mother for not going anywhere without all of them, he would also have to understand that his mother is a working woman, and he couldn’t be selfish all the time.

And this is coming from a high school boy...

“hyung, don’t you remember the times when we had to separate and go to our grandparents’ instead? Do you want that to happen again?” Kibum’s eye twitched, as the memory was still fresh like it was yesterday. Both four brother sighed, while the youngest looked at them and tilted his head.

“separate?” he asked. They turn to look at little Taemin and sighed again.

“oh yeah, he’s still inside mama’s belly at that time.” Jinki remembered. You had just announced your pregnancy to them weeks before that happened. They were thrilled of course.

“lucky kiddo. You got to be with mama. You’ve never know what separation feels like yet.” Jonghyun muttered. Little Taemin blinked, not understanding at all. Jinki sighed.

“it’s okay Tae. You don’t have to worry about that.” he says. Little Taemin nodded and sat down on the laundry basket that had been turned upside down by Minho because they are having their meeting inside a laundry room.

“so, what’s the plan? I don’t want mama to go. Who’s with me?” Jonghyun raised his hand. Kibum raised his without hesitating, then turn to look at the other two. Jinki was having an eye contact with Minho, silently asking him for his decisions.

Finally, Minho raised his hand up slowly, without hesitation. Jinki was surprised. Usually Minho would think about what’s the best for you before himself.

“i… agreed. I don’t want mama to go alone. Appa would be lonely without her, no doubt. And we heard what he said before right? They barely got time with each other because of work. I don’t want my parents to be apart because of this too, just like before.” Minho explained.

Again, this was coming from a middle school boy.

“so hyung, even if you protested, you still couldn’t argue with us.” Jonghyun says, pointing to the majority. Jinki pointed to little Taemin who was not even paying attention at all. Kibum turn to look at the youngest before rolling his eyes.

“he wouldn’t understand anyway. So it’s 3 against 1.” He smiled in triumph. Jinki sighed in defeat.

“fine. I’m with you guys. Let’s be selfish and don’t let mama go to Japan. Happy now?” he sarcastically says to his brothers. Little Taemin’s ears perked at the name of Japan and pouted.

“mama is not going, right?”

The 3 looked at him before to Jinki, and smirked.

Jinki groaned. “I’m with you already, stop bullying me!”

Jonghyun clapped his hands. “welcome, my dear brothers, to the biggest plan of the year, don’t let mama go to Japan. Any ideas?”

“since appa and mama is going on a date anyways, let’s make that happen.” Minho shrugged. Kibum patted his shoulder, agreeing with his idea.

“let our uncles babysit us for the day?” Jinki suggested. The rest nodded. They wouldn’t want to go to their grandparents, as they agreed on not coming out from the house during that time anyway.

“let’s hope that some of them agreed on taking care of us. It could be fun. And appa and mama should realize that they couldn’t be apart from each other at all after that.” Minho added. The rest nodded, agreeing well with the outcome that would happen. They are sure of that.

“of course, we couldn’t force them to be on a date every night. We need other plans.” Jinki interrupted, thinking ahead. The rest think, some even wandering around the room like the ideas would come out and greet them just like that.

“what if, we pretend to be sick?” Jonghyun suggested.

“we cannot fall sick at the same time together!” Jinki replied, rejecting his idea. Minho snapped his fingers, pointing to his hyung.

“that’s a great idea, hyung. What if we fall sick? Not all of us, some of us, accordingly.” He emphasized his idea. Jinki scrunched his eyebrows together, evaluating his idea.

“go on.”

“we need to know when is the trip, and we can plan so that some of us fall sick before that trip. But we couldn’t do it often. Just some fever and all so that mama would be worried about having to left us instead.” Minho says.

Kibum clap his hands giddily. “my twin is so smart! I’m so proud of you!” he wipe a non-existent fake tear from his eye. Minho push his head with his finger.

“yah, I just praised you!”

“yah, I’m your hyung!”

“only by 8 minutes!” Kibum stuck his tongue out to Minho, who scrunched his nose and push his head again. Jinki and Jonghyun turn to look at each other.

“why can’t we be twins?” Jonghyun asked, looking at the twins.

Jinki shrugged. “because we’re born separately?”

Meanwhile, Little Taemin was already nodding off, feeling bored that he had to be cramped inside the laundry room without his toys to entertain him. He leaned back slowly until he fell backwards to the floor, still dozing off without realizing that his head would probably hurts like hell when he woke up later.

The twins stopped bickering and turn to their youngest brother. Jinki and Jonghyun chuckled at the sight and Minho, being the responsible brother he is, walk over to pick up his brother in his embrace.

“I’ll put him on the couch first. You guys go ahead and plan.” He mumbles before walking out of the laundry room.

“you guys go ahead and plan” Kibum mimicked Minho. “always the best son ever.”

“you jealous bruh?” Jinki nudge him, wiggling his eyebrows at him. Kibum nudge back, muttering about how he was not jealous at all.

“we should make an annual competition of who’s the best son later.” Jonghyun nodded to himself, agreeing with the idea and made a mental note on it.


YASH. how are they going to commence the plan upon to make sure YOU (their beloved mama) to not go to Japan without fail? stay tuned! i'll try my best to update frequently, but if i didn't, i would've updated 2 chaps at once so that you're not dissapointed until i declared the story is completed.

P.S. - who's the best son among these SHINee's cuties to you?

PLEASE SUPPORT SHINEE AND TAEMIN ON MAMA 2016!!!