63: A Disaster

SHINee : Family Version

“Give that back!”

“No! It’s mine!”

“You broke mine!”

“It was not me!”

“Shut up!”

“You shut up!”

 

“Shut up!”

Little Taemin screamed, startling both the older brothers arguing over their something on their hold, which is still unknown.

“Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!” Taemin keeps on chanting these giddily, not even caring that it had meant for an expression of an anger, not for something that he could use all around.

Jinki and Jonghyun gaped before turning to exchange glances with each other, their eyes filled with worry.

“Oh no…”

They make their way to the youngest, stopping him from chanting those words like singing to a Christmas carol, panning him down with their hands.

“Taemin-ah, you should not repeat what hyung said,” Jonghyun started. Yet Taemin flickered his gaze between both of his brothers, pouting slightly. It’s not the first that his brothers protested against what they were doing, but he should know better than to disobey his elders.

“But hyungs did it so often. I thought that it was fun!”

Jonghyun stood up straight, sliding his hair to the back of his forehead, thinking on how to give a valid reason instead of making up some like they used to. Now that their brother is growing up every single day, he was bound to listen to some weird , pardon for their choice of words.

Jinki, noticing that Jonghyun is at his ‘thinking’ zone, decided to just clear it up.

“Taemin-ah, we said it because we are angry at each other. If you said that words to your friends, that would be bad. You don’t want your friends to be angry at you again, right?”

Taemin, having to understand it slightly, nodding, pouting. He didn’t really want for his friends to be mad at him.

“Can I say it when I’m angry?”

Jinki and Jonghyun both shake their heads at this, telling him to not repeat those words, ever.

 

“Pass me the book, idiot.” Kibum grumbled, tapping his pencil on his calculus book, motioning to Minho about his textbook that was far away from his reach because Minho had stolen them for a reference. It’s not like Minho didn’t have his own, but it was somehow ‘magically’ lost somewhere in his piles of workload on his study table. Too messy to push his way through to work on his homework, Minho and Kibum opted to take the floor instead.

“Could’ve asked nicely though,” Minho says, tossing him the book, after he had finished reviewing the answers needed for his own calculus homework. Kibum muttered a thank you and an apology before moving to work on his homework.

Just when they are finally investing their time in their homework, a small shriek burst through the silence of the room, crashing their concentration completely.

Kibum and Minho looked up furiously, but also worriedly because the small apparent shriek belongs to their youngest brother. And being the one that share the same sentiment to the youngest, they stood up and head to the door simultaneously, trying to gauge the situation outside.

“They should be entertaining him. What the hell did they do?” Minho asked, with Kibum shrugging to himself, also not knowing the answer to his own dilemma.

But since the dilemma could not be solved without the answers, they head to the over to the source of the sound, being in Jinki’s room.

At first, they did not expect much, maybe their eldest was entertaining him by playing tickle or telling interesting stories about journey to the wonderland or something, but a gasp left the twins’ mouth, seeing the condition inside Jinki’s room.

“What in the world happened here?!!” Kibum started, glaring at his older brothers, being Jinki and Jonghyun could possible be the reason to why the floor in Jinki’s room is soaked with bubbles.

More like a foam.

Jinki and Jonghyun stood infront of a small fog machine, to where they hailed from the unknown, smiling sheepishly. The machine, that is currently vomiting the foam, is whirring soundly, the exhaust and a click clang can be heard indicating that either the machine will break down, or blow up. They hoped for the before.

“Oh hey! We’re just testing the science of fog machine!” Jonghyun speaks up, grinning at the twins.

“With foam?” Minho stared at his older brother, unimpressed. But Jonghyun keep on grinning, not even phased by the twin’s growing frustration over their behavior.

“Yeah! We decided to replace the water with soap water, and see how long can it splurge the foam until it ran out!”

“And you couldn’t even do it outside?!!” Kibum argued, pointing to the wet floor of the room. The older ones spun around, but that action just made them bump into each other and fall flat to the floor, them laughing over nothing.

“Hyung! This is serious! What if one of you knocked into a table or something with your head and had to be admitted to the hospital? This is dangerous! You could get a current shock even!”

Minho’s worries fall into a deaf ear. Jinki and Jonghyun accumulate a handful of foams and decided to attack each other with it, with giggling Taemin by their side, already making his own foam man.

Kibum rub the temple of his head with his fingers, having too much to deal today. Usually they would join in and clean up together, but they have calculus, school project and a presentation that all that they could ask is for a moment of peace for the twins to work on it.

Not when Taemin is dangerously close to the machine, any kind of contact could mean danger. Minho decided to act upon himself to pull the youngest away when he slipped, his left ankle smacked into Jinki’s study table, producing a horrible crack sound.

“Minho!”

Kibum’s cries snapped the older brothers’ out from their world, staring at the horrible sight of Minho crying in agony, covered in foam but also holding his left ankle, too much in pain.


A/N: Sorry for dropping some angst on this chapter, I'm not feeling quite well recently so I decided to make one of the brothers having the same thing too. I promise that It's not a bad thing, but it's boring to have it all sunshine and flowers all the time. Let's make it like it's real, and I'm experimenting with alot of genres, so please bear with me.

Although, If you have any sort of ideas, comment down below. All ideas are accepted, as long as it's appropriate and PG, lol XD

xoxo