47: Sleepover?

SHINee : Family Version

“Hello friends!” Taemin prance around, putting his bag down next to his seat and sit down on his seat. His seatmate, Sungwoon, has already sat down next to him, hugging his lanky body.

“Hello!”

“Why are you late?” Jongin muttered, putting down his book on his desk. While Sungwoon and Taemin are desk mates, Jongin and Jimin are seated behind them, also seatmates. That’s where their friendship started. Jimin smiled, greeting his friend, his chubby cheeks puffing up every second. It’s so cute too.

“Mama cook a good pancake,” Taemin replied, rubbing his tummy. Ever since his trip to Japan, he discovered that his stomach could handle so much more than just tasty porridge. Ever since the trip, he ate so much varieties of breakfast delicacies, and he of course loves his porridge too.

“You eat pancakes? You didn’t eat porridge?” Sungwoon questioned, releasing him from his hold. Taemin nodded.

“I love all. Pancakes is sweet, uncles made it for me and it was good!”

“I want good pancakes too!”

“Me too!”

“I’m jealous,” his friends expressed, making Taemin giggled at his friends’ funny behavior.

“I’ll ask mama to make one for all of us. When are you going to come to my house and do a sleepover?”

“I don’t know. You didn’t tell us when!” Jimin answered, scrunching his nose and make a clucking noise, almost like a chicken.

“Yeah, we did one at Jongin’s house and then Jimin’s house and then my house, when are yours?” Sungwoon stated, looking at his friend, pouting. Taemin scratch his chin, a familiar behavior of his older brother Minho used to do when thinking.

“I’ll ask mama when she comes back home.” Is all what Taemin said. His friends nodded.

“Do you need me to call you and ask your mama? Then we can know when!” Sungwoon grinned, already planning on cute little conversations that his small cute minds would do when talking to the parents. Sungwoon is the most charmer out of the friends.

“Nah, I can do it. I got candies, we can eat them during lunch!”

“yes!” all of them chorused.

 

“Hyung, will mama and appa allowed me to bring my friends over and do a sleepover?” Taemin says, walking in between his older twins’ brothers, Minho and Kibum who always picked him up after school.

After bidding goodbyes to his friends after school, he immediately opened up about his concern of the sleepover dilemma to his hyungs, knowing that his hyungs would give a good answer on it.

“Sleepover? For what?” Kibum mused, looking down at him confused. That got his other brother Minho interested in the conversation too, but still keeping his eyes on the road.

“I want to play with my friends. I already did that at Jimin and Jongin and Sungwoon’s house.”

“Oh.” Kibum answered. Thinking about it for the moment, while Taemin blinking up to his motherly brother, patiently waiting for his answers.

“I guess mama and appa will be okay with that? But do ask them first, just in case,”

That got his eyes sparkled. There is a chance on the sleepover.

“I’m hungry. Are you hungry?” Minho suddenly changes the topic, rubbing his stomach. “I feel like I can swallow the elephants right now,”

“We can stop by the snack shop and get something.” Kibum answered, as if already understands on his twins’ behavior. It’s the twins link after all.

But Taemin’s cute nose scrunched up, thinking of something. “Why would you eat an elephant, hyung? It’s not good.”

Kibum snorted and let out a small laugh while Minho cackled a bit, amused at their youngest’s innocent questions.

Looks like there are some things that Taemin still couldn’t get a grasp on.

 

“Mama!” Taemin comes running in, hugging his mother. His mother smiled and accepts his hug, pressing a kiss on top of his head, which Taemin absolutely adores.

“Mama? You’re home early?” Kibum look at his watch, it’s not even close to 4. Their mother smiled and sat down, sitting down while Taemin lay his chin on her lap, like a cute puppy.

“Just felt like going early. There’s not much of a schedule for SHINee this week.”

“Yet when you say that to appa’s schedule but then you still had to be there 5 minutes later.” Kibum raised an eyebrow at his mother, before plopping on the sofa to rest his body. Minho had already disappeared to their rooms, after bidding his greeting to their mother.

The mother rolled his eyes at Kibum’s bluntness, knowing that it came from her.

“I can sure you there was none, now, how is the school going?” she says as she Taemin’s head fondly, sometimes picking at some small white debris on his hair.

“Mine was okay, as usual, so does Minho. But Taemin here had something to ask you about,” Kibum nodded to Taemin, who realized his intention, back away quickly and clasped his hands together to their mother.

“Mama, can I bring my friends home for a sleepover this weekend?”

‘Yes, yes, yes, yes’ Taemin chanted in his mind.

Their mother smiled before sighing. “I’m sorry baby, but we have guests this weekend, so we can’t have your friends over this week. Maybe next week?”

Taemin’s smile vanished from his face, replacing with a small frown.

“Okay…” he got up, dragging his bag on the floor to his room, heads down thinking about what his friends would say about this. Maybe he should’ve let Sungwoon talked to his mother about this.

He couldn’t ask again since his mother had provide a valid reason for turning his request down. And as the obedient son, he shouldn’t throw a tantrum over this.

Kibum and their mother had frown on their faces, before turning to each other.

“Who’s the guests then?”


A/N: Sorry for the late update! just finished my exam papers, and it was nerve wrecking!

I apologised for the subbies who are tired of waiting for another chapters every week, and unsubscribe in the end. It's not that I won't update, it took a bit of time since I do have a life outside AFF, just like any of you do. I do keep to my promise, a chapter per week, the least, no matter what. It took so much for me to continue this story with your support, so thank you for that. I think I put the other stories or drabbles on hold because i enjoyed writing this as much as you do reading it.

oh well, until the next chapter, which is in this week!

xoxo