57: What Happened At The Mall...

SHINee : Family Version

Their trip to the mall was just a start, to cover up of the fact that one of them is planning something, to think about their future…

And also, to spice up their life.

Jonghyun take a deep breath, before going inside a store, without his brothers to help. This time, it’s now or never.

And when he came out, he was all smiles and letting out the biggest sigh of relief that he held back before coming inside the store.

“I got the part time job!”

 

An hour later, Jinki graciously grinned when he walks out from the store, holding up peace sign to his brothers as a victory.

“Got my part time job!”

 

“I still couldn’t understand why you two would want to get a job, I mean, no offense, we’re not that poor to not be able to afford anything,” Kibum commented, looking through the snowball inside a gift shop. The others had followed the two to the mall mainly because they were curious, also bored from being at home on time. Plus, the parents were not going to be home on time, so they had plenty time to kill.

Minho shrugged, agreeing with his twin, but also decided not to question that much, since he didn’t want to pick sides this time.

Jinki pick up a small pacifier set, putting it up for his brothers to see before putting it down, reaching for another set that have a cute design of Mickey and Minnie Mouse on each set. He nor Jonghyun didn’t answer Kibum’s question for a moment before sending a silent message to each other through their brains and turn to face the twins (and the youngest that is nibbling on the jellies).

“Listen, we’re just trying to get a hands-on experience on working. Is it that bad?” Jonghyun started, trying to test the waters, just in case Kibum decided to put up another kind of questions that they could not answer.

Kibum pursued his lips, raising one of his eyebrows and eyeing his two eldest brothers silently. Minho did the same, just without the sassy attitude. And when both of them did that, albeit doing the same simultaneously, everyone knows that they are skeptical up to the roof.

But it is Minho who broke the silence.

“But… why? You can just work after college…”

He’s got a point, considering that SHINee brothers are a bit like chaebol-type of kids, rich to the point they don’t even need any help of money to survive, they probably would already have another bank account registered to their names just in case something happened and are heirs to multiple shares of what their parents owned over these years of living.

Ahem, too much K-Drama.

Jinki smiled, knowing that it is too complex for them to understand. They never had to work to earn money like what other people does, they just… have money. The only work that they got to earn extra pocket money was just doing work around the house, and it’s not even a real job, like what the eldest are doing right this moment.

“Guys, I wish I can tell you everything, but I think that’s up for another time to tell. Don’t you think that we’ve been depending too much on Appa and Mama over these years? The uncles? Our grandparents?”

“What do you mean? We are a family. Family do depend on each other,” Kibum spoke up, finally voicing his thoughts, okay, his brother is not making sense.

Jinki put the pacifier set down, mentally making a note to purchase them later before scratching his chin, thinking slightly.

“What Jinki-hyung meant is that since both of us are getting older each year, we should earn new experiences in life. And that is, by getting a part time job! It’s a new experience! We should be learning the roots of life, and knowing how to deal with… humans. Yeah, humans.”

Jonghyun let out a tiny laugh before looking at Jinki, who seems to be understanding his hidden meaning.

“And we can’t do that in school? We deal with people every single day, older and younger…” Kibum added, getting even more confused.

Jinki and Jonghyun stopped playing around before turning to look at the twins.

“boy, you don’t know the real world. It’s time for us to be stand up and grow up, be a man!” Jonghyun patted his chest, huffing every single time like a proud soldier. Minho, the closest to him, poked his chest with his finger, resulting in Jonghyun letting out a laugh, being ticklish.

Minho grinned. “Be a man?”

“Not funny.” Jonghyun huffed to him, moving away from the said twin.

“I knew it, it’s because of the baby, right? You’re trying to spend less time in the house because you wanted to avoid from this situation now, am I right?!!” If Kibum didn’t remember that they were in a public place, he would have screeched with his inhumanely high-pitched voice from the devil unknown.

Jinki and Jonghyun rolled his eyes, already expecting the outburst.

“Oh please, we’re in the gift shop, trying to get something for the baby. How is that relevant to us getting a part time job?”

“I don’t know, you’re trying to make up for this and then disappear like nothing ever happened!” Minho added, accusing them.

Both of the eldest sighed again, hoping this wouldn’t last.

“When can we do something without being judged for something else?” Jinki murmured.

“Tell me about it, it’s like having a second parents, instead they’re not even close to one,” Jonghyun replied, rolling his eyes.

Minho and Kibum let out a ‘tsk’ ed response, about to retort, when Taemin (the one who has been busy with his jellies and not even listening to the conversation) speaks up.

“Hyung… I’m hungry…”


A/N: Heyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! How are ya???? This chapter is up!! so enjoy!! sorry I'm stuck with school stuff, so I'm glad to be able to update it now!! so enjoy!!!

xoxo