53: Dinner and News

SHINee : Family Version

“Okay, what the heck is going on? Why are both of your parents here?” Kibum was not impressed. His mind was already in a riot, and now he discovered that the grandfathers and the grandmothers are here, and this just stirs up bad thoughts inside his head.

Jinki nudged Kibum, giving him a warning look to be polite before turning to the parents and the guests.

“What he meant is, what brings you here? Is this the surprise guests you were talking about?”

Minho and Jonghyun raised their eyebrows at the eldest’s sudden statement, suddenly understood, but not saying anything in case Kibum decides to interfere again. Who knows Kibum could be this moody when he couldn’t get things that he wanted? It seems like Jinki was right, not only him, but the rest didn’t actually know each other after all.

And everyday was full of surprises.

Luckily, their parents understood Kibum’s sudden tantrum.

“Yes, and no.” their mother stated, looking at the youngest all smiley and playing with the grandfathers, telling them about his journey today and what he had accomplished at school, which is adorable to them, the grandmothers included.

“The grandparents are the guests, but they didn’t know about the matter that we would be discussing over dinner,” their father continued, hoping to not confuse them further.

But the brothers are the opposite of that. They are still confused.

“Okay…?”

“Let’s order food instead, it’s taking to long to cook, and everyone must be tired and hungry from their journeys,” their mother stood up, heading over to the tv stand, where the pamphlets filled with food delivery was seated nicely in one of their racks. It was handy when they are feeling take outs or the mother are too lazy to cook on some days.

“Now, any options?”

 

“Okay, just tell us, we’re dying here!” Kibum grit his teeth, clutching his utensils tightly in his grip. The others would just laugh at his motions, while the grandparents and the parents watched, amused.

“You should have patience, young man. It’s not everyday that we get to gather here together as one big family instead of having your parents to give excuses about work again,” Grandpa Park remarked, eyeing his son who smiled sheepishly at his words, knowing the meaning behind it.

“And don’t say stuff about dying when the old people here are almost to one,” Grandpa Cho added, fake coughing to his hand before his wife slapped his hand away, muttering about them being healthy and not dead yet.

“Mama and Appa are not going to tell us anything, so it gives us jitters, and weird feeling…” Jonghyun shrugged, poking his abalone pasta. Tonight, they were having Italian food, because Chinese or Korean food are too simple and not special, as per said by the parents.

Luckily, the grandparents did not have any objections over that, and they could order freely without any restriction. Except for their mother, as she couldn’t have some types of seafood because of allergies.

“It’s not something bad, it’s something happy. And it’s a good reason to have a family gathering now than rather to wait during holiday seasons,”

Jinki and Minho nodded at what their father said, and without further ado, munching on their food. While Taemin was already digging into his creamy pasta, his lips every single time the sauce stuck to his mouth, claiming it was tasty every single time.

“Maybe during dessert. I don’t think it’s appropriate for your parents to say it during the meal,” Grandma Cho proposed, didn’t want something bad happen during the times when they are eating. Anything could happen, and Grandma Cho was not going to let that happen.

“Okay!” Taemin answered, having to half understand of what his grandma said, but if it’s something important, then they should of wait and eat. He proceeds to eat, not acknowledging the adoring gazes coming from the rest of the family.

“I swear to God, he’s getting cuter, I have this Christmas jumper that would fit him, it’s almost done, just need a few stitches and fixing,” Grandma Park cooed, giving a piece of white chicken to the youngest.

Leetuk groaned. “Eomma, Christmas was months away, we’re not getting to that kind of discussion yet.”

“Can we ignore the fact that they just changed the topic?” Kibum whispered under his breath, for only to his two brothers next to him which is Minho and Jinki.

“Be nice.” Jinki reprimands, twirling his pasta with his fork before lifting it to his mouth, savoring the good taste of food.

“Can we also ignore the fact that Jinki hyung wasn’t able to tell the things that he told us today?” Minho continue, smiling at Grandpa Park for saying something about a tow truck with a stick on top. Weird topic, but Minho can blame him for being old.

Jinki sighed before continue with his meal. He couldn’t say anything, and he doubt he would be able to for a few months, well, if he could last that long.

“I can’t stand it for long, let’s just tell them!” their mother spoke so sudden, bearing a nervous laugh while clutching to their father’s hand, hoping that it will subsides. Their father whispered something to the former, hoping to calm her down.

The brothers were peeved but also curious.

“Seriously, just tell us.” Kibum began to get very impatient. He could hulk out and flip the table if he wants to.

“It’s not going to dampen our mood or anything, just do it,” Jonghyun supported his brother’s idea. It was wise to tell. And all that stuff captured everyone’s attention, hoping to be revealed soon.

The father and mother smiled, looking at each other for a brief second before turning to everyone on the table.

“We’re pregnant.”


A/N: Sorry for the late update but here it goes! with a twist of something something hehe, hope you enjoyed it!

xoxo