Epilogue

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

Kyungsoo's eyes watched the scene carefully. He was currently inside a huge supermarket in Shinjuku, and Japan was certainly populated.

Among the busy populace, he saw the reason why he paused to look in the first place. A loud cry. 

It was a child, a female child of about five or six years? He couldn't make out. She was crying in the middle of the crowd,yet no one paid mind to her.

Such was the busy population of Japan. Kyungsoo sighed. He didn't have something urgent to take care of, so he reckoned he might aswell intervene. 

Kyungsoo had definitely grown more humane in the past few years, he had grown humane since the minute he let her go.

He approached the kid,and crouched down. 

"Namae wa nan desuka?"  

Ofcourse, the extremely intelligent young man was quite familiar with Japanese. That's why he was sent on a mission here in the first place. 

The girl looked up at him,she had huge doe eyes,and the tears wouldn't stop flowing. She hesitated for a bit, but gave in rather quickly.

"H-Hyeri desu." 

'A Korean name?' Kyungsoo wondered,but immediately shook off his thoughts.

"Hyeri-chan,where are your parents?" He asked, tilting his head a bit. Kyungsoo certainly looked harmless. And for some reason, children really liked him.

He wasn't sure if he could say the same though.

The girl shook her head,and he deduced that she must've gotten lost. He didn't have the whole day to waste, so he decided the easiest way to deal with the situation would be to take her to the department store authorities and have them make an announcement. Yes,that was the most logical way to go about it.

With little difficulty,he managed to persuade her into coming with him.

Kids shouldn't be easy to trust,he mused. What would this little girl feel like when she gets to know that he killed for a living? Would she still oblige to easily?

'Who's gonna tell her anyway.'

Luckily for her,she wasn't a target for him. In fact, he was the least bit interested in the child, he just did something a normal,upstanding citizen would do. Except he wasn't exactly an upstanding citizen himself.

Along the way,they happened to pass the toys section. And then something he really didn't like happened. 

"I want it! I want that doll!" Hyeri cried, just as loudly as before.

The noise of her shrieks gave him a head ache. Her parents had certainly not raised her to be a polite individual.

"Fine! I'll get it for you!" Kyungsoo snapped,this time his voice wasn't as friendly,and that made Hyeri quiten a little.

Her choice in dolls certainly intrigued him though. It wasn't a blonde and blue eyed barbie like what most girls her age would pick up. Instead it was a girl dressed in dark gothic clothes, with a knife in her hand.

'Kids these days have odd tastes.' Hen concluded.

"That would be 7000 yen,sir." 

Kyungsoo nodded and took out his wallet, the girl beamed brightly at him.

For some reason,he really liked that smile.

He then proceeded to inform the authorities,who were quick to take the details from her. 

"Could the parents of Byun Hyeri please come up to the command room. I repeat, the parents of Byun Hyeri." 

Byun?

The last name made Kyungsoo's stomach lurch a little. It reminded him of a certain friend he had ceased contact with years ago. 

Not that he disliked him, he never turned him in. But he already had a faint idea of what he had been upto all that time. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter