Dodaeng Part 1

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Doyeon POV
“Is this what really what you want to do?” My dad asked.

“Yes.” I said, not hesitating at all.

“We will support you no matter what.” My mom smiled and held my hand, I returned the smile.

After talking to my parents, I called manager oppa to drive me. Throughout the drive I was thinking about everything, thinking whether my decision is right or not. Am I being too selfish for this? Is it wrong? It is my dream...I should do whatever it takes to achieve it, right? I should always put myself before others.

“Doyeon-ah, we’re here.” My manager oppa said.

“Oh...thanks.” I said quietly.

“Are you okay?” He asked worriedly.

“I’m fine, thanks. I’ll call you when I’m done.”
Manager oppa nodded his head and drove off. There I stood in front of the building feeling scared. Suddenly my phone beeped, I saw that I got a message.

Hey, where are you?

It was from Yoojung. Crap. Why did she have to text me at this moment? I ignored it and put my phone away and walked into the building. The receptionist greeted me and gestured towards the elevator, she probably knew I was coming. I got into the elevator and it took me to the 7th floor. I walked slowly, barely picking up my feet towards the meeting room.

I lifted my hand and stopped myself before knocking. This is it. I can’t go back now.

“Oh?” The man said when he opened the door even before I knocked, scaring the crap out of me.

“I’m h-here.” I stuttered due to my nervousness.

He gestured me to walk in and I saw Fantagio’s CEO sitting there. He had no expression. I can understand why. Beside him was his lawyer. Sitting across from him was Park JinYoung. He looked rather happy and please.

“Doyeon-ah, sit.” My CEO said.

I quickly obeyed and sat down. Right when I sat down he passed me some papers. I looked at it and see that it’s my contract.

“Are you sure this is what you want?” He asked giving me his sad eyes.

“Yes.” I said trying to sound confident.

“Good. Then let’s hurry and finish with the paperwork.” Park JinYoung said smiling.

“Okay.” My CEO sighed.

I was switching company. I was offered to go into JYP and I took it. I was surprised at first. I thought they would have asked Yoojung since she is so much better than me, but they didn’t. After IOI was over, they asked me. I was given a week to think about. I kept it a secret from everyone, even from Yoojung. I didn’t how to face her. I wanted her to help me decide, but at the same time if I were to talk to her about it I don’t think I would have the heart to leave.

“Sign here.” My CEO, ex-CEO, said.

I grabbed the pen and signed it without hesitation. Park JinYoung smiled and patted me on the back. The Fantagio CEO shook hands with me and Park JinYoung and that was it. We went our separate ways. I felt myself drained from the stress and the heavy burden. Once manager oppa dropped me off I fell onto my bed and lost all energy.


“KIM DOYEON!”
I heard a voice roared making me jolt awake from my sleep. Once I can process what was happening I realized that it was Yoojung’s voice.

“HOW DARE YOU?!” She yelled and burst through the door. I was still laying on my bed at this time and before I can get up, Yoojung jumped onto my bed and sat on me.

“Tell me it’s not true…” Yoojung lowered her voice.

“What are you talking about?” I asked not registering what she was saying.

“Don’t lie to me.” Yoojung grabbed me by the collar and clenched her fist.

“Yah! Would you calm down and tell me what’s going on?”

“THIS!” She took out her phone and showed me.

They were news articles. News articles about me leaving Fantagio and going to JYP. I didn’t think the news would be out this fast. Now I felt my heart pounding fast.

“Kim Doyeon, tell me they’re lies.”

“They’re not…” I said quietly.

I watched as Yoojung’s expression turned to a blank one. I normally can read her expression really well, but this time I couldn’t.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I don’t know…”
Yoojung sighed, and then she got off of me and laid beside me on my bed.

“I really hate you, you know that?” Yoojung said.

“No you don’t.” I said, ignoring the knife that was being stabbed into my heart.

“No I don’t,” Yoojung sighed, “I hate that you betrayed me.”
There was the stab again.

“I didn’t know how to tell you.”
“I thought we were best friends. I thought no matter what we tell each other everything. I guess I was wrong.” Yoojung said bitterly.

“No, you’re not wrong. You are my best friend, I was just afraid.”

“Bull.” Yoojung said getting up from my bed.

“Where are you going?”
“Why do I need to tell you when you don’t tell me ?” With that said Yoojung walked out of my bedroom door.

“Wait!” I yelled running after her. It was too late though, she had already ran outside.

I took out my phone to try to call her, but of course she didn’t pick up. Ugh what am I gonna do now?

As I was walking back to my bed, I looked through my messages. I actually got a lot. Mainly it was from our group chat. The former IOI members were talking about me being in JYP. They all congratulated me, but they were also hurt that I didn’t tell them. This was when the regrets were coming. Maybe I should have told them.


Weeks have past since I’ve been training in JYP. The training is very different from Fantagio, but they’re not too hard. I feel like i’m learning more. I’ve seen Somi a couple of times during the classes, but other than that I don’t really see her unless we hangout. I haven’t seen or spoken to Yoojung ever since she came barging into my room. She ignored all my calls and attempts to visit her house. I tried asking the others, but they just told me to give Yoojung some time. I gave up after about 2 weeks. I felt hurt...mad...but this was nothing compared to how Yoojung must have felt finding out the news through articles.

Yoojung POV

God. I miss Doyeon like crazy. Practice and classes doesn’t feel right without her. Fantagio seems so much emptier without her.

“How are you doing?” Chungha unnie asked.

Chungha unnie forced me to go out to get coffee with her. I guess that was good. I’ve been avoiding everyone and barely going out, only going out for school or practice.

“Not great.”
“I’m sorry…” Chungha unnie said grabbing a hold of my hand.

“I’m hurt that she left, but i’m more hurt that she didn’t tell me.”
“Maybe she just didn’t know how.”
“But unnie! We’re best friends, best friends tell each other everything.”

“Sometimes you just gotta deal with stuff yourself first then talk to your best friend about it.”
Chungha unnie had a point there. When I was about to respond, I heard my phone beep. I saw it was Doyeon’s name. She’s finally messaging me again after a while.

I know you still hate me, but let’s talk. There’s something I have to tell you. Come to my house as soon as you can. Please Yoojung-ah...I hope I see you.

After reading the message I felt my heart pound. I wonder what she wants to talk about.

“You okay?” Chungha unnie asked with her worried eyes.

“Yeah. Doyeon said she wants to talk right now so I’m gonna go see.” I said getting up from my chair.

“Alright, I hope you guys fix things!” Chungha unnie said and hugged me.

I made my way to Doyeon’s house, which wasn’t that far away. My mind kept thinking of what she needed to talk about. Is she going to apologize again? I actually forgave her already, but I still can’t face her. I don’t know why. Every time I’m in front of her or think of her I start feeling sad and tear up.

When I got to Doyeon’s house I just walked in. her parents were so used to me coming over almost everyday that it feels like I basically lived there. I usually just come unannounced. When I was inside I went straight into Doyeon’s room, I saw her sitting on her bed. Beside her was two luggages. She looked a bit startled when she finally saw me.

“Oh. hey, you got here fast.” Doyeon said.

“What’s up with the luggages?”

“Yoojung-ah…”

“What’s wrong?” I asked feeling nervous at how pained Doyeon’s expression is.

“JYP…”
“JYP what?” I asked.

“They’re re-locating me for training.” She said it really fast that I almost didn’t catch what she said.

“What?! To where?”
Doyeon sighed.

“Kim Doyeon, you better tell me where!”

“LA…”

“No. no. no.” I said.

Doyeon just sighed again.

“No you can’t, i’m not gonna let you.” I said.

“It can’t be helped Yoojung-ah.”
“NO! First you leave me in Fantagio, and now you’re leaving me in Korea?!”
“I’m sorry…”
“No you’re not! Do you not remember that YOU promised ME that we will always be together, going through thick and thin. You promised to always be by my side.”
“And I will! Just miles away.”
“See it’s different. Do you really have to go?”
Doyeon nodded her head weaklessly.

“When do you have to leave?”

“Tonight.”
“WHAT?!”
“I’m sorry.” Doyeon said again.

“I hate hearing sorry.”

“We will still keep in contact though…”
“I hate you.”
“Yoojung-ah, this is hard for me too. Can you just be my best friend and help me get through this instead of getting mad at me?”
Doyeon was right. I should be there for her. It hurts me, but it must hurt her even more. I tried to think of what to say or do to make her feel better, but I couldn’t think of anything. I stared at her and slowly leaned in. I can tell Doyeon was feeling nervous when she closed her eyes.

“Doyeon-ah! It’s time to go! Your flight is in 2 hrs!” Her mom shouted.

“I have to go.” Doyeon whispered, our face inches apart.

“No you don’t.” I said leaning in closer.

Before Doyeon could say anything, I captured her lips. Doyeon tensed up, but slowly let herself go and kissed me back. The kiss was filled with love, but at the same time it was filled with sadness.

“I-I have to go…” Doyeon said after we pulled back.

“Please don’t go. I love you Doyeon-ah.”
Doyeon gently placed both her hands on my cheeks and gave me a soft peck, “i’m sorry.”
She grabbed her luggages and looked back at me once more. I shook my head as tears ran down my cheeks. She gave me a sad smile, I can tell that she was holding back her tears too.

“Doyeon-ah…” I said letting the tears fall.

“I love you Yoojung-ah, I always will.”
With that sad Doyeon walked out, leaving me crying on her bed.


A quick Dodaeng. Thank you for reading & subscribing! c:

Ahhhh IOI Whatta Man is so amazing! Chungha, Nayoung, and Doyeon...My three top biases look so great. The others look great too, but I'm more biased towards those three haha.

Let's help get IOI their first win! ^____^ They must win before the their disbandment :c