Dodaeng Part 2

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Doyeon POV

Oh god I feel like someone hit me with a hammer on my head or something. I slowly opened my eyes to try to process everything. The room was dark, with a lightly dimmed lamp. This wasn’t my room though. Where am I? What happened? The last thing I remember was going to Chungha unnie’s house, then...and then...oh. I got hit by a car. Oh wow, I got hit by a car. I mean I always hear about car accidents and stuff, but I never thought it would happen to me because well...what are the chances? I guess I’m okay since I’m still alive and stuff. I tried moving my arm, but my left arm was in a sling. I tried moving my right arm, but it was being held by something. I looked over to my right side and saw a figure holding my right hand and resting her head on the bed. I would know that figure anywhere. Yoojungie. I tilted my head a bit so I can see her full face. Even though the lights were dimmed I can see the puffiness of her eyes. She kind of looked like a zombie. A wave of guilt hit me since she’s probably been worrying. Then I thought of my parents and my other friends. I must have worried them a lot.

I gently pulled my hand out of Yoojung’s grasp and then gently her cheeks. I really missed this girl. I wonder if she finally came back to her senses and is putting me first again instead of that douche.

“Yoojung-ah.” I said softly, shaking her a bit.

Yoojung slowly opened her eyes, looking around cutely. Then her eyes landed on me and they widened.
“Are you awake? Are you really awake? I’m not dreaming, right?” Yoojung asked frantically.

“Yah be quiet, it’s late at night.” I smiled.

“Do you know how long you’ve been sleeping?!”

“I don’t want to know yet, I’m still sleepy. Come up here and sleep with me. It looks uncomfortable sleeping like that.” I said pulling her hand.

“I don’t think this bed fits two.”
“Well you’re small, so I’m sure the bed fits one and a half.” I smirked, only to earn a glare from Yoojung.

Yoojung climbed onto bed as careful as she can, then she laid beside me as I hugged her tightly.

“Are you sure this isn’t hurting you at all?” Yoojung asked worriedly.

“I feel better already.” I smiled

Yoojung rest her head on my chest as I kissed the top of her head.

“I missed you, Dodojjyu.” Yoojung whispered.

“I missed you too, Yoojungjjyu.”

Then I felt myself going back to sleep feeling happy, I have Yoojung in my arms again.


“I gotta take a picture of this.” I heard a voice say, which sounded like Chungha unnie’s.

I peeked one eye open to see Chungha unnie, Sejeong unnie, and Sohye standing at the end of my bed.

“Yah! She’s awake!” Sohye said pointing to me.

“No I’m not.” I said.

The others gasped and came running to me.

“When in the world did you wake up?” Chungha unnie asked.

“Yeah we’ve been worried like crazy!” Sejeong unnie said.

“Shhh, the baby is still sleeping.” I said pointing to Yoojung.

“We don’t care! We’re more curious about when you woke up!” Sejeong unnie said.

“Yes we do care!” Chungha unnie nudged Sejeong unnie in the ribs, “Yoojung hasn’t been sleeping well so it’s good that she’s sleeping now.”
“She hasn’t been sleeping well?” I asked feeling bad.

“We all haven’t Doyeon-ah, I’m just glad you’re awake and is okay now.” Chungha unnie said patting my head.

“Yeah, we’ve been worried like crazy! Do you know how long you’ve been out?” Sohye asked.

I shook my head.

“A week and a half.” Sejeong unnie answered.

“A week and a half?!” I nearly shouted. I couldn’t have been asleep for that long...it didn’t feel like it.

“I’m gonna go call your parents.” Sohye said stepping out.

Yoojung started shifting around a bit, and then her eyes fluttered open.

“Morning.” I smiled looking down at her.

“Good morning.” Yoojung rubbed her eyes.

“Good morning.” Chungha unnie and Sejeong unnie said in unison.

Yoojung eyes widened and she quickly got off of me, “didn’t know you guys were here.”
“I can’t believe you Yoojung, Doyeon woke up and you didn’t bother calling any of us!” Chungha unnie shook her head.

“Not my fault, she told me to go back to sleep.”
“Hey unnie, let’s leave these two alone for a bit.” Sejeong unie said pulling Chungha unnie out the door.

The two of them left and then silence filled the room. I started remembering all the words that Yoojung said to me before and the way she acted. It got me mad all over again. I felt like I couldn’t look at Yoojung.

“You took off your bracelet.” Yoojung commented, as she grabbed my hand.

I jerked my hand away, feeling the resentment. I should be mad at her. She chose a guy over me. She was blinded by love though...but then again still! She should always put her best friend first.

“You must really hate me… I’m sorry. I should have been there for you. If we didn’t fight then we would have gotten ready for the dance together and then...and then” Yoojung was crying softly, “and then you wouldn’t be here right now.”
“Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be with your boyfriend?”

“Doyeon-ah...I know you’re mad...I’m really sorry.”

“I’m not mad, I’m just in disbelief, you chose him over me. Do I not mean that much to you? Have I been wrong to consider you my best friend? My one and only?”

Yoojung started crying and I felt my heart hurting. I wanted to grab a hold of her hand and comfort, but I couldn’t. Not yet. I know I’m gonna forgive her, I just don’t want to forgive her too easily.

“You have no idea how hard it was for me to see you laying on the hospital bed lifelessly. I kept praying everyday to let whoever up there to let me take the pain for you.”
. I know where this is going. Yoojung is gonna say how much I mean to her and stuff and then for sure I won’t be able to stay mad at her. Dammit, I hate that she knows me too well. As she was talking I just kept staring at her. Watching as the tears roll down her cheeks, I was really tempted to wipe them away.

“I was so afraid that I would lose you. I was so scared that you were gonna leave this world thinking that I was mad at you or that we weren’t friends anymore...I’m stupid Doyeon-ah. I really am.”
“You are.” I said.

“Doyeon-ah, I was so afraid that you were gonna leave the world without knowing my tr-”
“DOYEON!” My mom shouted as she burst through the door and hugged me tightly.

“Oh god, I thought we lost you!” My dad said placing a hand on me.

“I’m fine!” I smiled, feeling loved.

“Yeah right! Look at all those bruises and scratches!” My mom scolded me.

“I’m gonna leave you guys to your family time.” Yoojung spoke up and then walked out.

“Wow I think that was the first time this whole week that she left this room.” My dad commented.

Yoojung stayed by my side the whole time? I can’t believe it… Well actually I can. I’d do the same for her if the role was reversed. I felt touched, but at the time I still felt mad. I want her to know how mad at I am. I will forgive her, but I won’t forgive her so easily.

“I don’t want her back in here…” I said softly.

“What?!” My mom asked, clearly shocked. I didn’t tell them about how Yoojung and I fought.

“Yoojung and I fought before I got stuck here and I’m not ready to forgive her yet.” I explained.

“Stupid.” My dad said lightly hitting me on my head, “I don’t know what you guys fought about, but that girl has been here by your side ever since you came in here. She barely ate and sleep too. Your friends had to shove food down just so she wouldn’t collapse.”
I was feeling really bad hearing my dad say all those things. Has Yoojung suffered enough? Should she be forgiven already? A part of me is telling me yes, but another part is saying to just be mad a bit longer. I decided to listen to the other part. To stay mad at her, until every part of me wants to forgive her.

“I understand, but I’m just not ready to forgive her.” I said.

“We understand, just don’t take too much time, okay?” My mom said gently.

My parents stayed with me the whole time helping me eat and telling me what’s going on. We just started our winter break, so I didn’t miss much of school. My friends wanted to come in, but my mom explained to them that right now it’s family time and they can come visit the next day. My mom also gently explained to Yoojung how I’m still mad and it’s better to have some time apart. My mom told me that Yoojung said she’s going to stay out there until I forgive her, which makes me worried.

“Get some rest alright? We’ll visit you again tomorrow.” My dad said.

I nodded my head and laid back onto my bed. As my parents opened the door, I caught a glimpse of Yoojung sitting outside. She was asleep though, since her head was tilted back. A wave of guilt hit me. Am I being too far with this? Then again she basically told me that she didn’t want to be friends until I apologize to that douche. Speaking of which, I wonder if she’s still with him… As long as she’s with him, I don’t know if I’ll be able to forgive her.


Yoojung POV

God she must really hate me. She doesn’t even want to see me. I’m such an idiot. It’s been three days since Doyeon’s mom told me that Doyeon is still mad. Understandable. I did hurt her a lot. I don’t care how long I have to sit out here, I’m going to wait until Doyeon forgives me. It seeing my friends go into the room and talk happily with her. I wonder if she’s truly happy talking to them, does she think about me at all? I keep thinking about how she acted when she first woke up. How we joked around a bit and then she asked me to sleep on top of the bed with her. At that moment was a second, I forgot about everything that was bad in our friendship. Then we woke up and had to face the reality of our situation.

“Eat something.” Chungha unnie said, as she sat beside me.

“I’m not hungry.” I said.

“Please eat, the last time you ate was last night and now it’s almost nighttime again.” Chungha unnie pleaded, making me feel guilty.

“I’ll try.” I sighed.

I grabbed the burger out of her hand and took small bites. I barely took a big bite and handed it back to her.

“Yoojung-ah…”

Just then Jieqiong unnie came out, and Sohye was behind her pushing Doyeon in a wheelchair. I felt my heart beating fast, I was just staring at Doyeon waiting for her to look my way...but she didn’t. She just focused on Chungha unnie and smiled, then Sohye wheeled her into the elevator.

“Where is she going?” Chungha unnie asked.
“She wanted to get some fresh air, it was feeling too stuffy in the room.” Jieqiong unnie said.

“You should get some fresh air too, Yoojung-ah.”
“Maybe you and Doyeon can talk.” Jieqiong unnie suggested.

I just shook my head, “I’ll wait for her to talk to me.”

“I’m gonna go catch up with them, then I'm gonna go home. Hang in there Yoojung-ah, she’ll talk to you soon. She can’t stay mad forever.” Jieqiong unnie said, giving me a hug, then she left.

“Come home with me tonight, please?” Chungha unnie asked.
“No, I’m just gonna stay here.”
“Yoojung...your back must be hurting you. No offense, but you look like you aged 10 years. The dark circles are getting darker and it’s visible that you’re losing weights. Your parents are worried about you too.”
“My parents understand...and as for my health, I’ll be fine. Don’t worry so much.” I said giving a small smile.

“My head is gonna be full of white hair because of you.”
“I’m sorry Chungha unnie.” I wrapped my arms around her neck tightly and pulled her in for a hug. Chungha unnie wrapped her arms around my back and hugged me tightly too. Chungha unnie kept rubbing my back, making me feel at peace for a bit. We stayed like that for a while because I couldn’t find myself wanting to let go.

After a bit, I finally let go. Chungha unnie patted my head.

“I have to go now, Sejeong is waiting. Please eat and get a lot of rest, okay? Call me if anything.” Chungha unnie kissed my forehead and left.

I just nodded my head and waved goodness bye. When the elevator dinged, Sohye was pushing out Doyeon. Chungha unnie said goodbye to them and went into the elevator. I didn’t know what to do, so I just stared at them as they were coming near the room. Doyeon looked towards me for a second, but right when we made eye contacts she looked away. I felt a glimpse of hope though, because Doyeon was wearing our friendship bracelet again. That bracelet may seem childish, but it means a lot to the both of us. It symbolizes our friendship...and I was the biggest idiot in the world for taking it off in a fit of anger.

Till this day I can’t believe I didn’t take Doyeon’s side. I still haven’t seen Eric acting like how Doyeon described him, but Doyeon wouldn’t lie to me. If she says something, then it must be that. I was a fool not to believe her. I haven’t spoken to Eric since the dance, well we did speak a little bit, but it was mainly me “ending” things, telling him how right now is not the time for me to date someone or be with someone.

“Yoojungie, you’re not going home?” Sohye asked, as she came out of the room.

“I’m gonna stay here. How’s Doyeon doing?” I asked.

“She’s getting better, she still has trouble walking a bit, but she’s slowly healing. You should remember to take care of yourself.”

“I will, thanks. I’ll see you tomorrow?”
“Yeah for sure.” Sohye smiled and gave me a hug.

Since it’s nighttime now there was no one in the hallways, most of the lights were off. I always hated this part, sometimes the smallest noise would make me jump.

Doyeon POV
Another sleepless night. Mainly because Yoojung is still out there. I haven’t been sleeping well because I’m always worried about Yoojung. The others were saying how she’s barely eating and sleeping. I think she has suffered enough.

“Yoojung-ah.” I said loudly then waited a bit for a response.

“YOOJUNG-AH!” I said louder, only to get no response again.

I groaned. . How am I going to get Yoojung? I reached over, barely able to touch my wheelchair, and pulled it towards me. Oh crap. I always had someone helping me to get on this thing. Well here goes nothing. I tried my best to maneuver myself from my bed to the chair. I felt pain in my arm and my legs, but I didn’t care. I was close to sitting down on it and getting to Yoojung. Once I got on it, I rolled to the door and opened it. The hallway was really dark and had an eerie feeling. How does Yoojung sleep in this kind of place? I rolled over to Yoojung and saw her sleeping, but it was in a really uncomfortable position.

“Choi Yoojung, wake up.” I said shaking her.

She woke up with a startled.
“Come inside, it’s too cold and scary out here.” I said pulling her arm.

Yoojugn was still in a daze so she just nodded and followed along. She helped me push my wheelchair. Then when we got to the bed, she helped me up. It felt weird feeling her touches again. I miss them.

“Aren’t you gonna get up here too?” I asked, noticing Yoojung going to sit on the side.
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah, it must be uncomfortable sleeping out there. I don’t want you getting sick.”

Yoojung walked over and climbed onto the bed. While doing so her hand hit me a bit on my stomach and I let out a yelp in pain.

“I’m so sorry!” Yoojung quickly apologized, “are you alright?!”
“I’m fine, don’t worry.”

I laid down, and Yoojung looked a bit hesitant because there was little room, so she would have to lay on me like how she did last time. I guess she was scared that I was still mad. So I opened my arms wide, then her gaze softened a bit and she laid on me while I wrapped my arms around her tightly. Yoojung snuggled closer into me and she let herself relax.

“I heard that you haven’t been getting enough rest or eating right.” I said.

“That’s not true…” Yoojung said softly.

“Really?” I asked, then i pinched her cheeks, “I remembered this used to be chubbier.”
“It’s your fault.” She mumbled to herself.

“Say that again.” I said pinching her cheeks a bit harder.

“Ahhhh.” Yoojung whined like a baby.

I let go and then gently rubbed her cheek so the small pain would go away.

“Are you still mad at me?” Yoojung asked.

“No.”

“Really?”
“Really.”

“I’m sorry.” Yoojung apologized again.

“It’s okay.”
“I’m really sorry.”

“I told you, it’s okay.”
“I’m really really really sorry.”
“Yah Choi Yoojung, stop apologizing and go to sleep.”

“I’m super duper sorry.”

“Be quiet and sleep.
“Make me.” Yoojung said.

This girl getting her confident back the moment I forgive her.

“I’m really sorry though, Doyeon-ah.” Yoojung said drawing circles on my stomach with her finger.

I don’t where I was getting my confident, or what I was thinking. The next thing I knew, once the words came out of Yoojung’s mouth, I lifted up her chin, making her look at me. Oh god she really looked so tired and dead. I leaned down and kissed her on the lips, making her stop talking once and for all. Yoojung didn’t hesitate to kiss me back at all. Does this mean she might feel the same way as me? Or is it just a pity kiss? Or it’s just the spur of the moment kind of thing?

I really really really wanted to continue the kiss, but then as we were kissing, Yoojung got up a little so she can deepened the kiss, but as she was using her elbow as a rest it was jabbing my stomach. The pain was bearable for like a second, but then it started hurting a lot.

“Ow ow ow ow ow.” I winced in pain as I pulled away, gripping my stomach.

“Oh my god!” Yoojung gasped and quickly got off the bed, “are you alright?”
“I’m fine. It just hurts a bit.” I said still wincing.

“I’m really sorry!” Yoojung apologized again.

“Yah didn’t I say to stop apologizing? Do you want me to make you be quiet again?”
“If that’s your way of making me shut up, then I don’t mind.” Yoojung shrugged, making me blush.

“Come back up here.” I said patting to the empty spot next to me.

“What if I hurt you again?”
“Then you can just kiss the pain away.” Now it was Yoojung’s turn to blush.

Yoojung climbed onto the bed again and laid on me as I wrapped my arms around her.

“Is it true?” Yoojung asked.

“Is what true?”

“That you love me more than a best friend?”
I felt my eyes widened. I knew that things were going to change the moment I kissed her, but I didn’t expect for her to say that. Do I just deny it? Do I tell her the truth and risk our friendship? Then again we just made out for a bit, so I’m pretty sure our friendship is already at risk though. She’s so calm about it...she even kissed me back, so does that mean she feels the same way?
“Where did you hear that?” I asked.

“You don’t need to know.”
“Then I won’t answer you.”
“Is that why you got jealous and was stalking me when I first dated Eric?” Yoojung asked, now she’s trying to get on my nerve.

“I think I’m gonna unforgive you.” I said gently pushing her away, well kind of. The bed is small so even if I pushed her, she’s going nowhere.

“I guess now you know how I feel whenever someone comes and confess to you.”

“Hey I didn’t date any of them though, did I?”
“True…”
“You get jealous?” I asked, I never noticed Yoojung getting jealous. She’s either lying to make me feel better or she was really good at hiding it.

“Of course I do! So many pretty people confessed to you, I was always afraid you would say yes.” Yoojung explained, “I guess none of them were better than me though.” She said smugly.

“Getting confident now, are we?”
“Who wouldn’t be? I just kissed goddess Kim Doyeon.”

“Alright alright, shut it. It’s time to sleep now.” I said, not wanting to blush anymore.

“You didn’t answer my question though, is it true?”
“I...I don’t want to risk our friendship, it’s okay if you don’t feel the same way. I’m fine just being your best friend.”
“I’m not fine with that though.”
Yoojung tilted her head up and kissed my chin, then she reached to my lips and planted a soft kiss.

“How...how long?” I asked.

“I fell for you a couple years back, I’ve always just been denying it.”
“A couple years back?! Man we could have been together this whole time.” I sighed.

“It’s not too late to start.” Yoojung smiled.

I just hummed in response, not knowing what to say. Yoojung didn’t mind that answer though. She hugged me tighter and snuggled into me. I guess we’re officially together now? We never said it, but by what we just talked about I’m pretty sure we’re together. I couldn’t be happier. All those years of doubts and fear of losing my best friend, they’re all gone. Now it’s just replaced with happy feeling. The feeling that my girlfriend is also my best friend. It’s a relationship that everyone dreams of.

“Goodnight, I love you Doyeon-ah.” Yoojung said softly.

“I love you too.” I kissed the top of her head and then closed my eyes to sleep.


Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with school and work T___T

Thank you for reading & subscribing & commenting!

I'm sorry I haven't been writing Sechung ff. Tbh the whole point of me writing Sechung was for my friend, but now she likes Dodaeng more than Sechung so I've been writing them haha. I promise the next chapter will be Sechung!