Sechung Part 2

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Chungha POV
“Hey beautiful.” David said, plopping himself next to me.

“Hey.” I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

He the TV and I closed my book and watched the TV with him. This was a typical after work day for us. We both would just relax in the comforts of our home.

I met David when I was in Texas during my internship. My English wasn’t that great and luckily David spoke Korean so he helped me out a lot. Both of us were new to the internship so we pretty much stuck by together. We’ve been pretty good friends. It’s just lately that we became more than friends.

It’s been three years since I parted from Sejeong. Those three years went by fast. I missed her everyday. I tried dating a couple of times, but it just didn’t work out. After working about two and a half year at the internship, they hired me and I was given the chance to transfer back to Korea. They were debating between David or this other person to come with in, and thankfully they chose David.

“Did you check out those pictures we took yet?” David asked.

“Oh not yet, let’s look.” I smiled.

David and I went to The Square the other day. Christmas was coming up so we decided to go see the lights at The Square. They always have such a pretty christmas tree and the lights were always beautiful.

“Oh cute.” David smiled, point to the picture of us in front of the tree.

I continued swiping through the pictures and admiring the beautiful scenery.

“Wow this is really beautiful.” I said pointing to the lights.

“It is!” David smiled.

Then he zoomed in on my phone and looked at the lights individually. Some were in the shape of an elf, others were reindeers. As he was looking at the light, a picture of a stranger in the background caught my attention.

“Wait.” I said stopping David.

Then I zoomed in onto the person and realized that the figure looks a lot like Sejeong. That can’t be. Last I heard, she was still at the island doing her research. I swipe to the next picture and there was a clearer picture of the stranger, and it really was Sejeong.  

“Do you know that person?” David asked.

“Uhh,” I tried to think of what to say, but nothing came out. I just couldn’t believe it.

“Y-yea...she’s an old friend of mine that I haven’t seen in years.” I finally managed out.

“Oh wow what a small world.” David said.

“Yeah...small world…” I said, still can’t process my thoughts.

Sejeong is back in Korea? How long has she been back? Why didn’t she try to find me? Or did she? All of my feelings for her came rushing back. God I missed her like crazy. I shouldn’t...I’m with David. I’ve only been with David for a month...and I was with Sejeong for two years. Those feelings can’t just go away that easily.

“I’m gonna go see Doyeon and Yoojung for a bit. Don’t wait up.” I said and grabbed my purse and rushed out the door.

If anyone has an answer, it has to be those two especially Doyeon. I quickly got into my car and drove to their house. They don’t live too far, which I was thankful for. They both graduated college and have a career now. They got engaged a couple months ago so they’re being extra lovey dovey to each other.

I got to their house and parked on the sidewalk and ran to their door and started banging on it, hoping they’re home.

“Yah open up!” I said.

“Coming!” I heard Yoojung yelled.

Then the door swung open and I saw Yoojung buttoning up her shirt.

“Really? Now?” I rolled my eyes.

“I was in the middle of changing! Don’t think wrong!” Yoojung said defending herself.

“Oh hey unnie, didn’t expect you.” Doyeon said coming out of the kitchen.

“You. Why didn’t you tell me?!” I said walking towards Doyeon scarily, which made her back away looking scared.

“W-what are you talking about? Yah Choi Yoojung, your unnie is being scary right now.” Doyeon asked, then she grabbed Yoojung and used her as a shield.

“Unnie what’s wrong?” Yoojung asked, putting her hands forward to stop me from killing her fiance.

“Why didn’t you tell me Sejeong was back in Korea?!”
“She’s not back.” Doyeon said with a confused look.

“Then how do you explain this?!” I said showing her the picture from my phone.

Doyeon took the phone and then her eyes went wide and her jaws dropped.

“That’s Sejeong unnie!” Yoojung shouted.

“I know.” I said.

“N-no. She can’t be back. She would have told me.” Doyeon said, nearly dropping my phone but Yoojung caught it.

“So you didn’t know that she’s back.” I said, going to the couch because i couldn’t feel my legs.

“I gotta go! I have to find Sejeong unnie.” Doyeon said, trying to find her keys.

“Yah Seoul is a big place, you won’t be able to find her.” Yoojung said stopping her.

“I can’t just sit around when Sejeong unnie is out there…” Doyeon said.

“Tell me about it.” I sighed.

Sejeong-ah...where are you? Why didn’t you tell any of us that you were back? I was thinking about what it would have been like if she came back to me. Would I leave David for her? In a heartbeat. It’s not like I don’t like David, but I’m still so in love with Sejeong. I can’t imagine myself being with anyone else except for her.


Sejeong POV

Today will be the day I go visit Doyeon and Yoodaeng. Yes...I will...I should. I have to. I have to stop being scared.

It feels really weird to be back in Seoul after three years. The first thing I did when I got back, was get a haircut. My hair grew really long. It feels nice to see buildings and people. On the island, it felt really secluded. I only had about 10 other people with me, which was kind of boring. I spent the three years missing Chungha unnie so much. I kept wondering how she’s doing. I had no way of outside communications, so I couldn’t keep updates on anyone at all. Once I was back in Seoul, I was provided a house and everything.

I just got back about 5 days ago and I’m still trying to settle in. I found out where Doyeon and Yoojung were staying once I was back in Seoul, but I felt like I wasn’t ready to see them yet. Instead I decided to spend the next couple of days fixing up my apartment and stuff.

I went to The Square the other day to enjoy the winter feeling. The whole time I was just thinking about Chungha unnie. How nice it would be to spend the holidays together. I figured that I was thinking too much about Chungha unnie, because everyone was starting to look like her to me.

I drove up to Doyeon and Yoojung’s house and braced myself. I don’t know why I was scared. Maybe I was afraid that they might have forgotten me. Maybe I was afraid that they will be mad at me because I was gone for three years, instead of two years. Is Doyeon going to hate me? I wasn’t there for her for three years…

I threw all those thoughts away and walked up to the front door. I breathed in and out. Okay. I’m ready. I raised my hand to knock on the door, but before I could even knock on it the door swung opened revealing Yoojung. Both of us got scared, except Yoojung was more scared, she ended up screaming.

“Aiish, you’re so loud.” I said covering my ears.

“S-Sejeong unnie?” Yoojung asked wide eyes.

“What are you screaming about?” Doyeon came running, then her eyes landed on me and I can see her clearly shocked.

“Doyeonie.” I said.

Doyeon didn’t say anything, but she just ran and hugged me tightly, making me stumble. Guess she doesn’t hate me.

“I missed you, unnie.” Doyeon whispered as she tighten her hold on me.

“I’ve missed you too.” I hugged her back, her hair.

We stayed like that for a bit. I didn’t want to let go. Doyeon has been like a little sister to me. Beside Chungha unnie, Doyeon is someone I cherish a lot. I cherish Yoojung a lot too, but I have a softer spot for Doyeon.

Doyeon let go and then I hugged Yoojung.

“Sorry unnie, I wish I can ditch work today, but I have a presentation to do. Please stay until I get back.” Yoojung said, then kissed Doyeon and left.

Doyeon pulled me onto the couch and made me sit down.

“When did you get back?” Doyeon asked.

“Uhh 6 days ago I think.”
“6 days ago?! And you’re barely visiting me now?!” Doyeon shouted hitting me.

“Ow! Geeze, I just...been busy.” I said.

“You know you can never lie to me.” Doyeon said.

“Okay fine. I was scared.” I said truthfully.

“Scared? Scared of what?”

“Scared that you might hate me for being gone for so long.”

“Unnie, that’s stupid. I missed you so much. Everyday I wait for you. Even if you didn’t come back yet, I would still be waiting for you.”

“Oh wow Doyeon, I didn’t know you were in love with me.” I teased.

“Nevermind. I didn’t miss you at all.” Doyeon said.

“Aww Doyeonie, my little baby.” I said ruffling her hair.

We spent the next couple of hours talking about what’s been going on for the past 3 years. Doyeon got a successful job as a lawyer, while Yoojung is in a high position for an engineering company. I was glad to see them being successful. They got engaged three months ago and didn’t start planning for a wedding yet. I love seeing the joy and happiness filling her eyes when she talked about her life.

I guess we talked longer than I thought because Yoojung came back.

“Did we really talked that long?” I asked, eyes widened.

“It’s only been three hours Sejeong unnie, I decided to leave work early.” Yoojung laughed.

“We should all go get something to eat.” Doyeon smiled.

“Sure. But wait...there’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you.” I said nervously.

“Took you this long to finally bring up Chungha unnie…” Doyeon said.

“So…” I said slowly.

“Chungha unnie came back to Seoul about 7 months ago. She’s doing really well.” Yoojung said.

“Is...Is she seeing someone?” I was afraid to ask.

I noticed Yoojung and Doyeon looking at each other warily.

“I see.” I chuckled bitterly, “I should have expected it.”
“Let’s go get some food.” Doyeon said, trying to change the topic.

“Sure.” I said trying to give a smile.

Doyeon went and changed, while I waited in the living room with Yoojung. Yoojung tried to console me, but she didn’t know what to do so she just patted my back and gave me a sad smile.

We heard the door knocking, so Yoojung went and looked at the peephole. I thought it was cute how she had to tippy toe.

“Sejeong unnie...it’s Chungha unnie.” Yoojung said turning to me.

Holy . No. I’m not ready to see her. I’ve been wanting to see her, but I’m not ready to see her yet. Plus I’m still a bit heartbroken that she has someone else already. Oh god no. Not yet.


Because I wanted to get my mind off of the election, which didn't work out so well.

Thank you for reading & subscribing & commenting! c: I really appreciate it. & I apologize for any mistakes or errors.

90% of my mind was thinking about the electionas I was typing this, so idk if it makes sense.

It's really hard to process that Donald Trump... well I'm not even going to say it.

Please continue voting for IOI for MAMA best new female artist! mama.mwave.me/vote