Dodaeng Part 1

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Doyeon POV

“What you staring at?” Somi asked looking at where I’m staring.

“Nothing.” I said looking back down.

“Oh I see.” Somi smirked.

“What?” Sohye asked.

“The girl behind the counter.” Somi teased.

“Shut up.” I said, trying my best not to look at the really cute girl behind the counter.

She was cute because she was small. She had kind of a round face, but not really. Her cheeks looked really pinchable too. Her voice, well from what I heard when I was ordering, sounded so baby-like.

“Go ask her out.” Somi nudged me.

“No way!”

“Why not?”
“My parents would never approve.”

My parents definitely would never approve. She works at a cafe. My parents always wants me to date someone that’s my “level”. Someone who is successful and rich. Someone who is already the CEO of a company already. It really because most of them are so cocky and arrogant.

“I’m not telling you to marry her, geeze unnie.” Somi rolled her eyes.

“Yeah Doyeon-ah, it’s been a while since you dated someone.” Sohye agreed.

“I’m good, thanks.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Suit yourself. Are you gonna stay here?” Somi asked.

“Yeah I’m gonna do some studying, you guys can leave first.” I said.

“Alright, we’ll see you tomorrow.”

Then Sohye and Somi left while I continued my studying. I usually can only study at a cafe, it’s weird. I can’t study in a library or at home, I get distracted so easily. Right now it felt really nice doing my work and studying. The cafe was near closing time so there weren’t that much people. Also because it was raining pretty hard so not much people came out. I usually love the rain, but this time I was hating it because I was going to walk home. I do have drivers, but I prefer not to use them. I like walking by myself. Sometimes I don’t like being rich because I like living a normal life. I hate going to private schools and having such high expectations. My parents are always out with their business trips, but somehow they’re always up to date on my life. One time I got an A- and they yelled at me and were telling how disappointed they were. Another time, I was dating someone from a regular school who comes from an average family and my parents told me to break up with them right away because we’re on different levels.

“Unnie, don’t worry! I will remember to lock the doors this time!” I heard the cute girl say in her cute baby voice.

“Okay, I trust you. Text me when you’re home.” The person said and waved goodbye.

I looked around and realized that I was the only one in the cafe. I checked what time they were closing and I realized that they were going to close in 5 minutes. Oh crap I should leave. I wanted to leave, but then the rain was still pouring pretty hard and I didn’t have an umbrella.

I looked over towards the cute worker and I saw her cleaning up everything. Must to clean up everything by herself. I never really had to do work ever in my life so I don’t really know how it feels.

I decided to go back to my studying before I had to actually leave. I was really praying that the rain will stop. I put my headphones back into my ears and started reading.

I guess time went by faster than I thought because I felt someone tapping on me, which scared me.

“Hi, sorry, but we’re actually closed.” The cute girl said. I took this chance to look at her name tag and saw that it says Yoojung. Cute name for a cute face.

“Oh shoot, I’m sorry.” I said gathering my stuff.

I saw her going back to the counter and got her stuff. Then we kind of walked out together. She locked the doors and I kind of just stood at the entrance. It had a roof over, so I wanted to stay there not wanting to get wet from the rain. Yoojung walked past me, but then she stopped and turned to me.

“Are you getting picked up?” She asked.

“I’m walking home, I’m just going to wait for the rain to stop.” I said.

“Oh.” She said, then she looked at the sky, “I don’t think it’s going to stop any time soon. Here take this.” She handed me her umbrella.

“Don’t you need it?”

“It’s fine. My house isn’t that far.”

“How will I give it back to you?”

“Well I work here a lot, you can just drop it off here or you can keep it.” she shrugged, “whatever float your boat.”

“Have a safe trip home!” She said then ran into the rain.

I was surprised at how nice she was. She would give an umbrella to a stranger and walk in the rain herself. I guess I was surprised because I wasn’t used to people being kind to me without a reason. I looked at the umbrella and saw on the handle it said “Choi Yoojung” with a cute duck next to it.

I smiled to myself as I opened the umbrella and started walking in the rain.


I felt myself coming to the cafe. I didn’t know that she was going to be here, but here she was. She was working behind the counter again. I had her umbrella in my backpack, but I didn’t know how to approach her. I’m pretty sure she would remember me since it was just yesterday that she gave it to me, still I felt pretty nervous.

I took a deep breath and grabbed the umbrella then I started walking towards the counter. She was finishing up with a customer, then once the customer left she looked up and smiled.

“Oh hi.” She said.

“Here you go.” I said handing her the umbrella.

“Thanks!” She said taking it into her hand, “did you wanted to order anything?”
“Maybe later.” I smiled.

Then I walked back to my table and started studying again. I felt like that’s all I did in my life. I was either studying, going to club activities, or learning about my parents business. It was a really boring life.

After a bit while I looked up from my book and saw Yoojung sitting a couple of tables away. I guess she was on her break. She was also studying, she looked really cute with that concentrated and serious look of hers.

“Ugggggh.” She groaned loudly then put her head down on the table, making me smile at her cuteness.

I decided to be brave and walked up to her table.

“School work’s too hard?” I asked.

“History is so boring.” She groaned.

“History is easy. I like history.” I said.

“Then you must be a boring person.” She said, making my jaw dropped a bit, “kidding!”

“Guess you don’t need help then.” I said turning away.

“Wait! I do need help.” She said.

I smirked and then I took a seat beside her and looked at her textbook. Everything about her is seriously so cute, even her writing.

“I need help with this question.” She said pointing to the middle of the question.

I looked over and started reading the question. It was actually a pretty easy question, I was a bit surprised that she didn’t know it. Then I remembered that I go to an elite school.

“Ah the answer is here in the caption, it’s a bit tricky.” I said pointing to the textbook.

“How did you find it so fast? Wow you’re awesome! Thanks.” She smiled.

“No problem.”
“I’m Yoojung, your name?” She asked.

“Doyeon. What school do you go to?”

“I go to Fantagio, what about you?”
I knew it. Fantagio is just a regular high school. My parents always look down on that school.

“I uhhh homeschooled.” I lied. I don’t know what I lied. I feel a bit self-conscious whenever I reveal the school that I go to. They feel intimidate or they start using me.

“Oh that’s cool. No wonder I never really see you around.” She said.

“Are you on your break?”

“I’m off, but I have to go to my other job soon. Just trying to work on some homework before I go.”

“You have two jobs?”

“Yeah.” She sighed, “do you work?”
“Nope.” I answered.

It felt nice talking to her and getting to know her. Maybe we can be friends, good friends. I didn’t want to think any farther than that because I know it’s impossible for us to be together.

“Ahh I see. Well it was really nice meeting you, I gotta go to work now.” She said gathering her stuff.

“It was nice meeting you.” I smiled.

“Here’s my number, text me anytime.” Yoojung said handing me a piece of paper. Then she gathered her stuff and waved goodbye and left. I smiled looking at the piece of paper and added her to my contact. It was my first time making friends like this. Usually the way that I become friends with people is by my parents. They introduce me to their friends children and sometimes we get along, sometimes we don’t. It’s rare for me to make my own friends because sometimes my parents don't approve of them, or sometimes they end up just using me so I have a bit of a trust issue.

I guess it’s a good thing that Yoojung doesn’t know that I’m rich, I can see if she’ll like me for me or not.


Yoojung POV

“Oh look your girlfriend is here.” Chungha unnie nudged me as Doyeon walked in.

“She’s not my girlfriend!”

Doyeon looked over my way and waved, while I waved back smiling. I just feel so happy seeing her or talking to her. We’ve been getting along pretty well. Last time when I met her and gave her my number she texted me and we just really hit it off. We talked about the stuff we like and what goes on at school, well mostly me telling her since she’s homeschooled. She seems to be really interested about the school, but I guess I would be too if I were homeschooled.

We texted nearly everyday, and she would always come by when I work at the cafe, but she usually come during closing time because she said that’s the only time she’s available.

“Hey short stuff.” Doyeon greeted.

She isn’t that same shy girl I met a week ago. Now she teases me more than I teases her.

“I’m fun sized okay.” I rolled my eyes, “do you want anything?”

“Just a regular latte.”
As she was taking out her money, her credit card fell out too. I grabbed it off the counter for her and she quickly grabbed it away from me.

“Thanks.” She said quickly.

I thought it was a bit strange, also I noticed that her credit card was the platnium kind. The kind that only wealthy people would use. Maybe I just saw it wrong.

“Here you go.” She said handing me the bill, then she walked back to her table.

I stared at her as she walked back to her table and started studying. She studies a lot. I can tell from how she helps me with my homework that she’s a really smart person. I wonder why she’s homeschooled. I asked her and she said her parents just thought it’d be best.

After Doyeon’s latte was done, I decided to take my last break and bring her the latte.

“Here you go princess.” I said setting the latte down on the table.

“Thanks.” She smiled with that beautiful smile of hers. I think everything about Doyeon is beautiful. It’s not like I have a crush on her or anything. She’s just really beautiful.

“What are you studying?” I said peeking over her textbooks, “wait aren’t these college stuff?”

“Yeah my parents wants me to get ahead.” Doyeon sighed.

“Doyeon unnie!”

We both looked up and saw two figures walking towards us, must be her friends.

“Oh hey guys.” Doyeon greeted and then they grabbed some chair and sat beside her.

“Hi I'm Somi.” The girl that greeted early said put out her hand.

“Yoojung.” I said shaking her hand.

“Sohye.” The other girl greeted.

I smiled and shook her hand.

“We missed you at the meeting today.” Sohye said.

“Oh sorry my parents wanted to go do something else.” Doyeon answered.

I felt a bit awkward because they were just immersed in their conversation and I was just sitting there awkwardly.

“Sorry I didn’t know my friends were coming.” Doyeon whispered to me while Sohye and Somi talked to each other.

“It’s okay.” I said.

“What are you guys whispering about over there?” Somi asked.

“None of your business.” Doyeon said.

“Probably asking her out on a date.” Sohye teased, which made me blush a bit.

“Yah get out of here. Don’t you guys have other things to do?”
“We do, but this is more fun.” Somi laughed.

“Alright alright, we’ll go. We just came by to say hi. We’ll see you at school tomorrow. Bye Yoojung, it was nice meeting you.” Sohye smiled.

Then she pulled Somi along, while Somi groaned and complained about wanting to stay a bit longer. It took me a minute to process what Sohye said. “See you at school tomorrow”? I didn’t feel like questioning her so I kind of brushed it off.

“I should get back to work. Study hard.” I said pinching her cheeks.

“Ahhh.” Doyeon whined cutely, then rubbed her cheeks.

I walked back to the counter and put my apron back on again. Since it was a slow day I had my textbook under the counter and I was studying a bit. It’s really hard to find time to study. I come from a semi-poor ish family, so I have to work to help support my family. On top of that I go to school too. Since I’m probably not gonna have enough money to go to college I’m hoping that I can get really good grades and maybe get a scholarship. Honestly I’m really grateful I met Doyeon, because she’s really smart and she always helps me with my schoolwork and makes me understand it more than the teacher.

I looked over to Doyeon and I see her concentrating hard again and I thought she looked super cute.

“You’ve been staring that way a lot.” Chungha unnise said in an amused tone.

“Just...staring to see if customers will come.” I said.

“Oh? I see. For a second there I thought you were staring at your girlfriend.” Chungha unnie teased.

“Not my girlfriend!”

“Not yet.” Chungha unnie said.

“Go away!”
“I love messing with you.” Chungha unnie ruffled my hair, “it’s pretty slow right now you can go and get some actual studying done.”

“Really? You’ll be okay alone?” I asked.

“Yeah don’t worry. Sejeong is coming by later to keep me company during closing anyways, so you can go.”
“Remember unnie, we have cameras.” I said eyeing her.

Last time Sejeong unnie came to help Chungha unnie close, well...let’s just say they did a lot more than just closing.

“Shut up.” Chungha unnie blushed.

I went to the back and clocked out. Then I gathered my stuff and started leaving. I was glad Doyeon was still there, I can finally hang out with her a bit. We’ve known each other for a week now, but we never really get to spend more than 10 minutes together in person, which really . She either has to go somewhere, or I have my other job.

“You’re off?” Doyeon asked as I put my stuff on the table.

“It’s really slow so Chungha unnie let me out early. Wanna do something together?” I asked.

Doyeon POV

“I have to study….” I said feeling bad. I really want to hangout with her, but then I might fall behind if I don’t keep up with my studying.

“All you do is study study study. Take a break! Have some fun!” Yoojung said.

“I don’t know…”

“Come on!” Yoojung said grabbing my hand and shaking it as she pouted. Oh god. It’s really hard to say no to that face. Maybe a break wouldn’t hurt…

“Okay fine.” I said giving in.

“Yay you’re awesome!” Yoojung said and hugged me, making me blush.

“So what are we doing?” I asked.

“Let’s go watch a movie!”

“Alright, sounds fun.”

I started gathering my stuff and then we walked out of the cafe. We headed to the bus stop and I felt a bit nervous. I never took the bus before. My parents always tells me to stay away from public transportation.

“Why do you look so nervous?” Yoojung asked.

“It’s my first time taking the bus.” I said truthfully.

“Really? How do you get to places then?”
“Uh….” ahh . “My parents drives me around.” I lied.

“Ahh I see. Well cool, I’m here to experience your first with you.” Yoojung smile.

The bus came and then we got on it, Yoojung paid the bus driver for the both of us and then we took our seat. The bus was pretty crowded, but luckily we were able to find some seats.

“When was the last time you relaxed and went out with friends?” Yoojung asked.

I was stumped. Mainly because I really couldn’t remember.

“I don’t remember.”

“Wow you really need to get out more then!”

At the next stop an elderly couple came onto the bus. Yoojung gestured for me to stand up, which I did. We both stood up and offered our seats to the elderly couple. They smiled and said thank you, which Yoojung gave her adorable puppy smile back. This girl is really something. The bus made a sudden stopped, which caused us to lunge forward. I was holding onto the bar on top, so I had my balance. Since Yoojung was short she couldn’t reach the bar, which made her nearly fall over, but I quickly caught her by the waist.

“Yah be careful.” I said.

“I can’t help it, I’m too short for the bar!” Yoojung pouted.

They had those standing bar, but there wasn’t one near us. I just laughed at Yoojung being cute.

“Hey don’t laugh.” Yoojung said hitting my shoulder.

“Guess I just gotta protect you then.” I said as I tightened my grip on her waist and pulled her close to me.

At the next stop there was a lot of people coming in. Yoojung wrapped her arms around me and well...we were basically hugging and holding onto each other tightly. I definitely didn’t mind. I felt like she fits me. She’s the perfect size. Yoojung rested her head on my chest, while I rested my chin on the top of her head.

“You two look like such a sweet couple.” the grandma that we gave up the seat for said.

“They remind me of us when we were younger.” The grandpa smiled.

The funny/weird thing was that Yoojung and I didn’t deny it. We both just smiled and said thank you.

After a while we got to our stop and we got off the bus. I really really didn’t want to let go of Yoojung. As we were walking through the parking lot to go to the theater, Yoojung reached over and interlocked our fingers together. I was seriously trying so hard not to blush.

“Two tickets please.” Yoojung said to the ticket booth person.

Yoojung was taking out her wallet, but then i quickly pulled her back, making her yelped in surprise.

“Here you go.” I said handing some money.

“No wait! Take mine.” Yoojung said pushing me away and handing the money to the person.

I covered with my hand and pulled her close to me and held my grip on her tightly so she couldn’t really move. Perks of being taller than her.

“Just use my money. Sorry for the trouble.” I apologized.

The ticket booth person just smiled at us and handed us the ticket.

“Eww!” I retracted my hand when I felt some wetness on my hand.

“Serves you right.” Yoojung stuck her tongue out.

“This is the thanks I get?”
“I should have been the one to pay, I asked you to hangout!” Yoojung said.

“Oh well...too late too bad.” This time it was my turn to stick my tongue out.

Yoojung just glared at me. Then I put my hands out, which she took it and interlocked our fingers. I couldn’t help but think...could this count as a date?

We went inside the theater and found a seat in the middle. The trailers were playing, so we both stayed quiet and watched the trailers. Yoojung put up the arm rest and then she scooted closer to me. I haven’t been on much dates or been in much relationships, but this has to be a date, right? The way that we’re acting...it’s how couples would act.

“Oh .” Yoojung said suddenly. Then she covered her ears and put her head on my shoulder to hide.

I looked up at the screen and noticed it was a scary movie trailer. What a baby being so scared of this.

“It’s done.” I whispered.

“Oh okay thanks.” Yoojung said lifting her head up and smiling.

“Cute.” I muttered.

“What did you say?” Yoojung whispered.

“Nothing.”
“I heard you.”
“Why’d you ask then?”

“Say it again.”

“No.” I said turning my attention back to the screen.

“Say it.” Yoojung said, using both her hands to grab my face and make me face her. Our face were inches away from each other. I was so happy for the dark, otherwise she would be able to see my red face.

“I said cute.” I gave in, wanting to get away from her intense eye stare.

“Thanks, I know I am.” Yoojung smiled, then she kissed my nose and let go of my face.

The movie started so Yoojung’s attention was on the screen, while I stared at the screen too, but was thinking about something else. No. No. I can’t fall for Yoojung.

The movie that we were watching was a comedy so both of us were laughing a lot. I would occasionally take a side glance at Yoojung and see her smiling wide and laughing, which made me happy.

Once the movie ended everyone clapped and then we started exiting. Now it was already becoming a habit for us to hold hands. Right when we got up from our seats, Yoojung grabbed a hold of my hand and we walked out the door together.

“Oh crap I didn’t realize that it’s getting late. I have still have some homework to do.” Yoojung said.

“We should go home now, we can continue hanging out another day.” I said.

Yoojung just continued pouting. We got onto the bus and took a seat next to each other.

“Where do you live?” Yoojung asked.

Crap. How do I answer that?

“Uhh not too far from here. We can just go straight to your house and I’ll ask my parents to come pick me up.” I said.

“Really? It won’t be too inconvenient?”

“It’s fine.” I smiled.

Then after about 20 minute of bus ride, we got off at a neighborhood. It was a nice quiet neighborhood. All the houses are normal sized, which was new to me. I guess being with Yoojung, everything is new to me.

“It’s sad that we didn’t get to hangout much.” Yoojung sighed.

“It’s okay, we’ll have other times.”

“We’re both too busy.”

“Yah stop being so sad. Today was fun, so be happy!”

I guess we got to the front of Yoojung’s house since we stopped.

“I work again tomorrow, you should come by!” Yoojung said.

“I’ll try.”
“Bye, text me when you get home.”
Yoojung hugged me tightly, which I happily returned. At first I loosened my grip cause I thought the hug was done, but Yoojung was still holding on a bit longer.

“Geeze, I didn’t know you like me this much.” I joked.

“I like you a lot.” Yoojung said, which made my heart pound faster, “I’m glad we became friends.”

Yoojung waved goodbye then went into her house. I put my hand to my face and felt it was pretty hot. I decided to walk a couple blocks away from Yoojung’s house then I called my driver to pick me up.


“So you guys are dating?” Somi asked.

“For two weeks now and you barely told us?!” Sohye punched my shoulder a bit.

“I didn’t know how to tell you guys.” I shrugged.

“What happened to not dating her?” Somi asked.

“Well...things can change within a month and a half.”

“What exactly happened?” Sohye asked.

“You know how the first time we hung out we went to the movies and we did couples stuff. For the next couple of weeks we started hanging out a lot together. Then one thing leads to another…”

“We wanna know how.” Somi said.

“Yeah who asked who?”

I slowly raised my hand.

“YOU were the one that confessed?” Sohye asked wide eyes.

“Yeah. I just really liked her a lot and wanted to make her mine. Then I found out that she likes me a lot too.”

“What are your parents going to say?” Somi asked.

“They don’t have to know.”

“Wow you’re so bad, but I’m happy for you though.” Sohye said patting me on the back.

“Yeah unnie, these days you seem happier, so we approve!” Somi said with her thumbs up.

“Thanks guys,” I smiled, “okay I gotta go meet her now.”

“Wow already ditching us for your girlfriend.” Somi rolled her eyes.

“You know I love you both.” I stuck my tongue out then waved goodbye to them as I got into the car.

I got into the car and asked my driver to drive me to Yoojung’s house, but drop me off a block away. I was feeling excited to see her. Ever since we started dating I’ve only seen her twice, which really . I love spending time with her so much. I feel really bad though...Yoojung still doesn’t know the truth about me. I keep telling myself to tell her soon but I just didn’t know how.

Once my driver dropped me off I started walking to Yoojung’s house. We finally found some time to hangout, well kinda hangout Yoojung needs help with her homework so I offered to help. This was my first time going to her house. I was feeling nervous because what if her parents were there? What if they don’t like me? Once I got to the front door, I rang the doorbell. I felt my smile forming on my face when Yoojung opened the door.
“Hey princess.” I greeted.

“Did you grow taller?” Yoojung asked.

“Shut up.” I rolled my eyes and pulled her in for a hug.

Then we parted and Yoojung invited me in.

“Are your parents or siblings home?” I asked.

“Nope, but they’ll be back later.”
“Ahh I see.”
Yoojung grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled me along. We went into what I assumed was her bedroom.

“Sorry for the mess, my little sister is messy.”

I looked around and saw two beds, I guess she shares a room. Again, this was new to me. I have always had my own room. So did my friends.

“Your room looks nice.” I commented.

“Thanks.” Yoojung said.

Yoojung walked over towards me and wrapped her arms around my waist.

“I miss seeing you in person.”
“I miss you too.”

“Why do you have to be homeschooled? You should transfer to Fantagio and then we can see each other everyday.”

I didn’t know what to say, so I just leaned down and kissed Yoojung on the lips.

“Okay let’s finish up our homework and we can continue this.” Yoojung said.

Yoojung took her backpack and started taking out some of her notebooks and textbooks and placed them onto the bed. Then she climbed on the bed and patted to the space next to her for me to sit.

“You have a table…”
“I like doing my homework on my bed better.”

Yoojung opened her textbook and started reading it. I was just here to keep her company or help her when she needs help, so right now I was a bit bored. I decided to take out my phone and started texting my friends.

“I get jealous easily, you know.” Yoojung said, making me look away from my phone.

“Good to know.” I said, then turned my attention back to my phone.

“You .” Yoojung said.

I smiled, then I leaned in and kissed Yoojung on the cheeks.

“Can you help me with this?”  Yoojung asked pointing to some of the questions.

I looked over and then I started reading a passage from the book and started looking for the answers. Once I figured it out I explained it to Yoojung.

“I like having you as a teacher, you know how to explain for me to understand it.” Yoojung smiled.

I was about to say something, but then we heard the front door opening.

“Oh guess my parents are home. Let’s go say hi.” Yoojung said pulling me.

“Uhhh…”
“Don’t be nervous, they’re really nice!”

We walked out and I felt like I was following behind Yoojung like a puppy.

“Mom dad, this is Doyeon.” Yoojung said introducing me to them.

“Hello.” I said bowing my head.

“Ahh this is the Doyeon we hear a lot about.” Her mom said.

“Hmm you look very familiar.” Her dad said.

“Now that you mention it, she kind of does.” Her mom said.

I was feeling a bit nervous. There’s no way they would know who I am, right?
“Is your last name Kim?” Her mom asked.

“Yes.” I said.

“Ahhhh!” Her dad clapped his hand, “you’re the Kims daughter, aren’t you? From Kim Enterprise?”

Yup. they knew who I was. I am so screwed.

“Yes.” I said quietly.

“You know her parents?” Yoojung asked.

“Unfortunately we do. They’re the reasons why our business is doing so poorly.” Yoojung’s mom said.

Oh god. This is the most awkward situation I have ever been in.

“What do you mean?” Yoojung asked.

“Her parents are slowly overrunning the small businesses and making them go out of business. We’ll talk about this later.” Yoojung’s dad said.

“Umm I think I should go home now.” I said.
“No you should stay, we’re sorry for talking about your parents like that.” Her mom apologized.

“It’s fine. I should go home anyways, I have to get up early.” I said.

Then I started walking and Yoojung was following behind.

“Doyeon-ah.” Yoojung said once we were out of the door, “why didn’t you tell me?”
“Tell you what?”

“That you’re mega rich.”
“Does that matter? Do you like me more now?” I asked feeling bitter.

“What? That doesn’t make me like you any more or any less. I like you base on your personality.” Yoojung said.

“I just...I don’t know why I didn’t tell you.”
“What else are you hiding?”
“uhhh...I’m not really homeschooled.” I confessed.

“Yeah I suspected that.”

“Oh...sorry.”
“Anything else?” Yoojung asked.

“No that’s all.”

“I hope you don’t hide anything from me in the future, promise to always be truthful with me?” Yoojung asked with those puppy eyes of hers.

“I promise.” I said then I leaned and pecked her on the lips.

“Are you still gonna join us for dinner?”

“No, I think I’m gonna go home. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said.

“Bye.” Yoojung said hugging me tightly, squeezing the life out of me in the process.


“Holy, this place is huge.” Yoojung said looking around.

After about a month and a half of dating I finally brought her over to my house. I was feeling a bit shy because Yoojung was just so amazed at everything. She was so shocked when the maids opened the doors for us.
“Let’s go to my room.” I said pulling her.

We went up the stairs and I see Yoojung looking around since there were so many doors. They were just storage rooms or the maids rooms since some of them stays here.

“Your room is basically the size of my house.” Yoojung said as we entered my room.

The room was too big for my liking. I have so much space, with nothing to fill so it looked pretty empty.

“So what do you usually do for fun at home?” Yoojung asked.

“Nothing? Whenever I’m at home I would be studying.” I shrugged.

“You really need to relax more.”
Yoojung walked towards me and hugged me, making my heart flutter. I feel like I’m so in love with Yoojung that it really scares me. I know that soon we’re going to have to part...my parents would never approve of this.

“What’s up with your expression?” Yoojung asked, looking up at me.

“Nothing.” I said giving a smile.

“Ayee don’t lie.”
“I was just thinking about how much I like you.” I said, which was true.

“Wow Kim Doyeon, you are one sweet talker.” Yoojung smiled and kissed me.

We were supposed to be studying together, or well me tutoring Yoojung because she has a big test coming up, but instead we were cuddling and watching a movie together. I made sure to lock my bedroom door just in case some of the maids come in and they might tell my parents. The weather was really cloudy, so it felt so perfect watching a movie and cuddling. I never really had this type of relationship before. The last time I date someone was a while back, and it was only because of my parents. They kept nagging about how perfect their friend’s son is. I decided to just give it a try and date him. He was pretty nice and stuff, but I just didn’t feel it. I would smile when I see him, but I didn’t feel excited how I feel when I see Yoojung.

Just then someone knocked on my door, scaring the both of us.

“Miss? Your parents are home.” one of the maids said.

Oh crap! I didn’t think they’d be home this week.

“Let’s go say hi to them.” Yoojung smiled.

“Uhh..sure.” I said feeling a bit scared. If my parents finds out that Yoojung is just a working class, they will ban me from seeing her.

Yoojung tried to hold my hand as we were walking out, but I tried to discreetly move away, pretending to use both my hands to tie up my hair. We walked out and my parents were in the living room looking through their bags.

“Hello.” I said, making them turn towards us.

“Doyeon-ah, we didn’t know you were home. We thought you would be at your piano lesson.” My mom said.

“I didn’t feel like going today.” I said.

“Who’s this?” My dad asked pointing to Yoojung.

“Hello, my name is Choi Yoojung.” Yoojung said politely and bowed her head.

“Friend? Girlfriend?” My mom asked.

“Friend.” I said, feeling guilty.
“Alright, you can hangout with her today, but next time don’t ditch your lessons.” My mom said sternly.

Yoojung POV

Gotta admit, it stung a little when Doyeon just said that we were only friends. We’re not just friends, right? Have I been delusional or something? I’m pretty sure we’re dating, she even asked me to date her a month or so ago and we’ve been acting like a couple since then. I wonder why she lied to her parents...Am I not good enough or something? After we talked to Doyeon’s parents we went back into her room and Doyeon locked the door, in case anyone else comes in.

“Just friends huh?” I asked, trying not to sound hurt, but I really was hurt.

I like Doyeon a lot. A lot a lot. I thought she feels the same way, but then now I’m not so sure.

“I’m sorry...it’s just my parents…” Doyeon said trying to explain.

“Your parents don’t approve.” I said.

“No…”

“Then should we break up?” I asked.

“No! Of course not.” Doyeon came close to me and hugged me tight, “don’t ever think about breaking up.”
“But your parents doesn’t approve, sooner or later they’re going to find out.”
“I don’t care.” Doyeon said.

“Yes you do, I care too. I don’t want to make you go against your parents or anything.”
“You’re not...I’ll figure something out, okay? I really really really like you. I don’t want to let you go, so please don’t let me go.” Doyeon said.

“I won’t.” I said hugging her back.

Doyeon POV

After Yoojung and I hung out at my house, she had to go back to help cook dinner and stuff. I walked her out of the house and hugged her. I wanted to kiss her, but I didn’t want to risk anything. After she left, I went back into my house to see my parents in the living room.

“Yoojung left?” My mom asked.

I just nodded my head.

“We know about you two.” She said.

Oh …

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Doyeon-ah, we always keeps tabs on you. We know you guys are more than friends.” My dad said.

“Oh.” I said, not knowing what else to say.

“Break up with her.” My dad said.

“What?!”
“Doyeon-ah, she’s not like us. She’s only going to pull you down.” My mom explained.

“But I really like her!” I said defending myself. I knew this was coming, but I didn’t think it’d be so soon.

“You’ll find other people. Better people.” My dad said.

“This is not fair…”
“You might not understand now, but you will in the future.” My mom said.

“What if I don’t break up with her?”
“Then you can get out of the house.” My dad said with no expression.

Wow I can’t believe they would kick me out of the house like that.

“Fine.” I said, giving up, “Can I still be friends with her though?”

“Just friends is fine.” My mom said.

I walked into my room after that and I felt myself on edge of crying, but I held it in. There’s no way I’m breaking up with Yoojung. I guess we’ll just have to be more discrete about going out and stuff.


“Then let’s breakup.” Yoojung said with no emotions.

“W-what?” I had just finished telling her about my parents and this was her first response.

“Isn’t that the best option?”
“No. It shouldn’t be an option.”

“Doyeon-ah, I don’t want you to go against your parents.”

“But I want to be with you.”

“I don’t want to go against my parents either…” Yoojung said quietly.

“What do you mean?”

“My parents doesn’t approve ofyour relationship.”
“Why?” I asked, my heart beating fast.

“Your parents are taking away businesses from my family and other families. I found out that they really hate your family.” Yoojung said.

I should have known. That was another reason why I didn’t like revealing that I was rich, because the “lower” people hated my family and some other rich families.

“But I’m not like my parents.”

“I know…” Yoojung said putting her face into her palm and sighing.

“So you really want to breakup?” I asked, taking a seat beside her.

“I don’t want to, but isn’t it for the best?”

“No. Before didn't you say that you wouldn't let me go?”
“Doyeon-ah...our relationship...it’s not worth going against our parents.”
I was hurt by the way Yoojung said that. Is our relationship on worth fighting for? Does it not mean as much to her as it does to me?

“Fine. Then I guess this is goodbye.” I said, standing up.

“Doyeon-ah…” Yoojung said grabbing my wrist.

“Goodbye.” I said, then I walked away, not wanting to look back and let her see the tears in my eyes.


I don't know where I'm going with this tbh x_____x base on the concept of forbidden love by Neongreen7114. (Sorry if it's not how you imagined it!)

Thank you for reading & subscribing & commenting! c:

#HappyYoojungDay I wanted to write a ff about Yoojung's birthday, but I got no ideas T__T but I'll have one up soon, since I really wanna write about Yoodaeng's birthday.

Remember to vote for IOI for Mama's best new female artist! mama.mwave.me/vote