Dodaeng Part 1

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Yoojung POV

"You want a what now?" Doyeon asked, clearly shocked at what I just said.

"A baby."

"What?"

"A BABY." I said slowly and louder.

"You...Choi Yoojung...wants a baby?"

"Yes."

"But you're just a baby yourself!" Doyeon argued.

"No I'm not!"

"Why? Why do you want a baby?"

Why do I want a baby? Maybe I feel like I'm in a drought in my life. I feel empty and lonely. I've always wanted a kid, but I just haven't met the right person. I feel like by having a kid, it will just complete my life. Forget that right person.

"Because a baby brings people so much joy and I've always wanted to be a mom."

"Can't you wait longer?"

"I'm 25 Doyeon-ah, I should get a kid now before it's too late."

"But you're so busy with your work and everything. Are you sure you're going to have time?"

"I will manage, plus I have you and the unnies to help me!"

"So how are ou going to get a baby?"

"Adoption! I have an interview with them later today!" I said excitedly.

"Already?! Wait, when did you talk to them?"

"uhhh," I said trying to remember, "about 2 weeks ago."

"2 weeks ago?! And you're telling me this now. Wow. I thought we were best friends." Doyeon said shaking her head.

"We are!" I quickly said and ran to hug her tightly. Doyeon happily opened her arms and hugged me tighter. I feel like the way she's hugging is like she's sending me a message saying that she's supporting me. I can feel my worries melting away a bit. Doyeon has always had this effect on me. We've been best friends since middle school and now we're in our mid 20s and we're still best friends. Doyeon has always been there for me through thick and thing. She was there for me when I fell off the swing and broke my leg. She was there when I failed my test and my parents yelled at me. She was there for my first heartbreak. She was there when I got my internship at the lab. And she's been here since. I really love her for that. My unnies have always been there for me too, but there's just something about Doyeon that makes me feel at ease.

"I should go now, I have a meeting with a client." Doyeon sighed letting me go, making me pout.

"I guess I should go too, it's almost time for my appointment with the adoption agency."

Doyeon kissed the top of my head and then waved goodbye and left. I started gathering my stuff and changing my clothes. I have to look professional. This has to work. Adopting is not only good for me, but also good for the kid. They can get a stable home and won't have to be alone. I went into my car and started driving off. I started feeling nervous and really wanted to call Doyeon, but I remembered she's probably still meeting with her client. 

Doyeon ended up going to law school and becoming a lawyer. At first I was surprised, but soon I saw that it was really fitting with her. Doyeon likes to stand for the right thing, she's willing to fight for it. 

Sometimes people wonder how we became best friends. We are the complete opposite. Doyeon is tough, while I'm fragile. Doyeon is cool and chic, while I'm a dork. Doyeon is beautiful and has a killer smile, while mine is just average. I guess opposite attracts.

I got to the adoption agency and braced myself. I got this. I got this. I took a deep breath and walked into the building. I was met with a receptionish at the front desk.

"How may I help you?" She asked.

"I have an appointment with Sara at 2." I answered.

She typed some stuff onto the computer, then she said something into the phone that I couldn't really hear.

"She is on her way to meet you." She smiled.

"Thank you."

I went to the side and sat on the chair. I kept trying to control my legs from shaking. I was fiddling with my fingers. I nearly jumped out of my seat when my phone beeped. I unlocked it and saw it was a message from Doyeon and Chungha unnie.

"Don't be too nervous! (: Just be yourself. Call me after you're done, I want to hear all about it! P.S I told Chungha unnie...hehe sorry!" -Doyeon.

"Yah! What's this about you wanting a baby?!" -Chungha unnie.

I'll just reply to them later. I'm sure later the group chat will be exploding with questions. Doyeon's words made me feel a bit better though.

"Choi Yoojung?" A lady said as she walked up to me.

"Yes that's me." I said quickly standing up.

"Hi, my name is Sara. Nice to meet you." She smiled and stuck her hand out.

"Hello." I shook her hand and bowed a bit.

She gestured for me to follow her and we went down the hallway and into an empty room.

"Please sit."

I pulled the chair and sat down.

"So adopting. What made you want to adopt?" Sara asked.

"Well this might sound stupid, but I kind of ahve a fear of pregnancy, but I really want a child so I thought this was the best way. Plus I just feel like it's better to adopt."

"Ahh I see. It's not stupid, we have a handful of people doing that too. So I see from your application that you're a doctor. Doctors are really busy, will you have the time to take care of a child?"

"I'm more of a research doctor, so I mainly work from home or at the laboratory." I answered.

"It says here that you're not married."

"No I'm not."

"Are you in a long-term relationship though? Being isngle might affect your application and processing because the chances of us giving a child to a single person is really low."

"Oh I'm not married, but I am engaged." I stupidly said. Crap, why did I say that...

"Oh! Really? How long have you been engaged?"

"About 4 months now, but we'v been together for about 5 years already." The lies were jsut coming out of my mouth naturally.

"Can I get a name and some information about your fiance?" Sara asked.

"Her name is Kim Doyeon. She's also 25, she's working as a lawyer. We've know each other since we were kids. She is really supportive about this adoption." Well at least these aren't lies, but oh god oh god. I'm so sorry Doyeon-ah.

"Well right now your application seems good. One of the processing step is to check out the house that you live in. Would thursday work? I will also need your fiance to be there."

"Yeah that works!" I said, trying to contain my excitement, "what will happen after that?"

"If the house visit is successful then we can proceed to getting you a child." Sara smiled.

"Wow that's great!" I said shaking her hand.

"Do you have any other questions?"

"No." I shook my head.

"alright, well I will see you in two days then!"

I quickly bow and then walked out of the door. I felt really happy! The application is good and now I just need to do good for the house visit then I get my child! Wait...Doyen. Oh god she's going to kill me. I fished out my phone from my pocket and quickly called her.

"Wow that was fast." Doyeon said as she answered the phone, "how was it?"

"It went great! Are you free right now? I want to tell you about it in person."

"Sure, where do you want to meet?"

"Let's meet at your favorite restaurant!"

"Really?! Wait...why? Usually I would have to physically drag you just to go with me."

"Well I'm just feeling really happy! Don't make me change my mind!"

Doyeon laughed, "alright, I'll see you in 20."

I have to up to Doyeon so she can agree to by my fake fiance. Well I'm pretty sure she's going to agree no matter what. As tough as Doyeon has always been, she has never been able to say no to me.

I quickly got into my car and drove to her favorite restaurant. I made sure that we got the window seat, which is where she likes to sit. The waitress came and asked if I wanted to wait for Doyeon or just ordered ahead. I decided to just ordered ahead, since Doyeon always gets the same thing.

As I was waiting for the food and Doyeon to come I kept thinking about what should I say. I was feeling really nervous, but excited at the same time. Excited because I might really get a kid. I can't wait.

Doyeon walked through the doors and looked around, I waved my hand trying to get her attention. Her expression brightened and then she came and sat in front of me.

"So I'm guess the interview went really well?" Doyeon asked.

"Yes! But we'll talk about that later, look the food's coming!" I said.

Doyeon turned around and the waitress brought over the food and placed it onto the table.

"Wow you ordered the right thing."

"How can I not? You literally get this every time we come here." I rolled my eyes.

"So tell me about the interview, what did they ask you?"

"Eeeeh let's talk about you first! Did the meeting with your client go okay?"

Doyeon looked at me skeptically, "yeah, we just met to go over some new evidences. The case is in our facor, so I'm sure we're going to win the case." Doyeon said proudly.

I couldn't help but smile at her proud smile. In her 5 years career of being a lawyer, she only lost 4 cases. Doyeon is really good at convincing people.

"Wow that's great, I'm so proud of you!"

"So are we going to talk about you yet?"

"Alright alright, geeze so impatient! The interview went well. The lady said that she just needs to come by the house andmeetmyfiance and see how the home life is then I can get a child."

"Wow you ebtter clean up your house then! Wait what?" Doyeon looked confused.

"Hmm?"

"Did I hear it wrong? She's going to meet your fiance? You have a fiance?"

"Yeah...her name is Kim Doyeon.

"WHAT?!" Doyeon nearly jumped out of her seat, also some people were staring at us.

"Please! For single people they get a small chance for a child, so I kind of lied and said you were my fiance."

"Choi Yoojung you are crazy."

"Please please please please." I pouted.

"What are you even planning?"

"Just pretend to be my fiance a while, until the agency believes me and I get the child." 

"I don't know..."

"Please my bestest best friend in the whole wide world. Getting a child will make me really happy. You want to see me happy, right?"

"No." Doyeon said simply, and ate her food.

"Fine! I'll go find someone else." I said and got up trying to walk away. I was expecting Doyeon to stop me, but she just continued eating.

"Yah you're really that heartless?" I asked.

"Fine you baby. I'll be your fiance." Doyeon said.

"Yay I knew you'd do it!" I squealed and hugged her tightly.

"Alright get off so I can eat my food that you're going to pay for."

"Glady!" I smiled. 


Okay. I cannot be nervous. I have to be myself and make sure that everything goes right. Today's the day that Sara is coming to check out my house. I spent the two days cleaning everything up and making things look friendly. We moved some of Doyeon's stuff into my room so it looks like she's living with me.

"Don't be so nervous, you'll be fine." Doyeon said soothingly as she slid her fingers into mine and gave an encouraging squeeze.

My worries was melting away, like always. Doyeon is by my side. She will make sure everything will go alright.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when the doorbell rang.

"Relax!" Doyeon laughed.

We opened the door and Sara was there holding a little girl's hand.

"Hi!" Sara greeted, the little girl hid behind Sara's legs.

"Hello, my name is Kim Doyeon." Doyeon smiled brightly and shook Sara's hands, "please come in."

Sara walked in, along with the little girl while I closed the door. Doyeon crouched down and faced the little girl.

"What's your name?" Doyeon smiled sweetly.

"Minju." She answeredly cutely.

"she's three years old. If all goes well, she will be your new daughter." Sara smiled.

I gasped so loud that Doyeon, Sara, and Minju looked at me surprised.

"Sorry." I smiled sheepishly.

We started showing them around, which wasn't much. I had a two room apartment. One of them is just a spare for whenever the unnies sleepover. The kitchen was near the front door. I had a lot of food in my fridge because I mostly do my own cooking. I have a TV in my living room, but I rarely use it since I just go on my laptop.

"So Doyeon, how long have you and Yoojung been together?" Sara asked.

"About 5 years, but we've been friends way long before that."

Doyeon and I made sure that our stories were matching.

"By the way that you look at Yoojung, I can see you are very much in love with Yoojung." Sara smiled.

"I am. I've been in love with her since we met. She's my other half." Doyeon smiled fondly at me. I know it's just acting, but I felt myself blushing.

"Honestly I think you guys will be perfect parents. You both got stable jobs. You love eah other a lot. You got a nice home. I think this will be a nice place for Minju."

I was trying to hard to contain myself form leaping in joy.

"What do you tihnk Minju? Do you like this house? Do you like Yoojung and Doyeon?"

Minju nodded her head, then she came towards Doyeon and hugged her legs. I felt a bittersweet feeling. I felt happy seeing that Minju likes Doyeon, but I felt bitter because I don't know if Minju likes me.

Sara and Minju walked around a bit more and asked some questions, then they bid farewells and left. 

"Well that went great!" Doyeon smiled.

"Yeah." I smiled back.

"I have a question though..."

"Shoot."

"Minju is going to think she has two moms, how are you gonna tell her that we're not together."

Oh. I didn't think about that.

"Ummm we don't have to tell her...we can just both be her mom!" I answered.

"But what about when you find a boyfriend and get married? Or when I find someone and get married?"

I don't know why, but thinking about Doyeon being married to someone leaves a hollowing feeling in my stomach. Maybe because then that would mean I'm not first in her life anymore.

"We can think about that later on in the future."

"I don't think that's a good idea..."

Ugh I hate it when Doyeon tries to get all logical on me and making me do the right thing."

"Oh look at the time, I have to meet up with my research group." I said look at my wrist.

"You don't have a watch there." Doyeon rolled her eyes.

"Goodbye, my amazing fiance." I said and winked at her.

She was about to hit me, but I quickly ran out the door laughing.


Sorry if there are any mistakes! I didn't proofread it. Js, I'm making everything up about the adoption process~

Hello! I know it's been a while...sorry~ I got caught up with school and I recenlt just got promoted at work so I'm even busier.

I still have some unfinished chapters. I really just wanted to write about Dodaeng because they recently came to LA! I got to meet them at LAX when they arrived, they are realllllly cute. Two of my friends ran into them at Disneyland, when they first spotted Dodaeng they told me to come but I was too tired from work to drive 40 mins T__T my friends got really lucky. They got to take selfies, a group picture, autographed, and a hug from Yoojung. Dodaeng is really nice c:

But anyways~ Thank you for reading & subscribing & commenting! I hope I can write more often.

P.S. I write a lot about friends confessing to each other and making it sound easy...I realized it's not as easy as it is written. Going into a relationship with a good friend of yours might not always be a great idea. Sadly I'm gonna write a Sechung angst about it! Base on a true story~