Dodaeng

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Yoojung POV

“Yah stop staring at her, she’s gonna start to notice and think you’re a creep.” Chungha unnie nudged me.

I immediately looked away, already missing the beautiful goddess in front of me.

“I can’t help it, she’s so beautiful and kind and nice and amazing.” I said dreamingly.

“Then go talk to her!”
“No way!”

“I don’t know why you fell for her, she’s the most popular girl in school and her friends are es. You should find someone new.” Chungha unnie said.

“It’s too hard, i’ve fallen way too hard for Doyeon.”
Chungha unnie just rolled her eyes in return. I went back to staring at Kim Doyeon. The girl who stole my heart ever since 4 months ago. The first time I ever interacted her. I was running late to class so I was running carelessly through the hallways, but then I ran straight into Doyeon, she only stumbled a bit, while I completely fell onto the floor. All my books got scattered, Doyeon’s friends were laughing and they were starting to walk away when they noticed Doyeon was still standing there.

Flashback

“Doyeon-ah, aren’t you coming?” One of her friends asked.

Doyeon didn’t answer them, but instead she bent down and helped me pick up my books. I was kind of scared of her and her friends so I quickly gathered my books and got up getting ready to leave.

“Wait, you forgot one of your book.” She said in her gentle voice and handed me my notebook.

“T-thank you.” I said not making eye contact.

“Are you okay? That was a pretty hard fall.” She looked at me with worried eyes, which surprised me. We didn’t know each other. We never talked to each other before, yet she was worried. Maybe the rumors are true. Doyeon is the nicest person in the school, can’t say the same about her friends though.

“Yeah thanks.” I said again not making eye contact.

“Be careful next time, alright?” She said again in that gentle voice that I was starting to fall for, then she gave me a smile.

“Come on Doyeon-ah, quit bothering yourself with a little squirt.” Her friend said, making me annoyed.

“Coming!” She said, then she turned to me, “sorry, she doesn’t mean it. Well bye, and be careful!” Doyeon smiled brightly and then went to her friends.

End of Flashback

Ever since our first encounter I started noticing her more and saw her in school more often. Sometimes we would make eye contact and she would smile, and for a second I would think because she remembers me, but then Chungha unnie pointed out that she always gives a small smile when she makes eye contact with people. Later I found out that she works at a bakery near my house, so me being the creeper that I am, I have been coming by the bakery pretty often to “study”.

“Hey can you go get me a green tea?” Chungha unnie asked.

“Why can’t you do it?”
“I just thought you would want to talk to your girlfriend.”
“She’s not my girlfriend!”
I sighed and got up to go order. Doyeon was so nice to every customer. She was smiling and greeting them brightly, which makes me fall for her even more.

“Hi, what can I get you?” She asked me with a smile, “oh hey, it’s you.”
Oh she remembers me?
“H-hi.” I said nervously.

“You come here pretty often huh? I always see you sitting at the same spot.” She smiled.

So she does notice me.

“Yeah, it’s a nice place to study.”
“Yeah it is haha. So what can I get you?”
“Can I just get s sea salt jasmine and just a regular jasmine?”
“Yeah of course.”
Then she gave me 20% discount and told me my order number. I was sad that we were done and now I was going back to my seat to wait for my drink.

“Wow you’re blushing hard. What did she say to you?”
“She actually noticed me. She knows that I always sit at the same spot and comes here often.”
“You should tell her that your reason for coming is because of her.” Chungha unnie stuck her tongue out.

I glared at her in return. Then our drinks were called out so I went to get it. When I got up to get it Doyeon looked my way and smiled, then she mouthed “enjoy” which made me just look at her nervously and quickly went back to my table feeling embarrassed. Why does she have to be so nice? Why does she have to be popular? Everyone in the school is basically in love with her. I can’t compete. I should just find a way to get over her.


“Yoojung-ah, remember today is your first day of tutoring, so come straight home.” My mom said sternly.

“Ahhh, i don’t want a tutor.” I whined.

“Then get better grades.”
“Hmmph. Who’s my tutor anyways?”
“Oh shoot her name slipped my mind, it’s Kim something…”
“Kim Chungha?” I said with hopeful eyes.

“You wish.”

I sighed and went to school. I was not looking forward to coming back home and spending an hour with a tutor, who is from my school. With my luck they probably already know how bad I am in school and will tease me about it. As I was walking to school I saw Doyeon and her friends walking. Her friends seriously give off such a scary aura. They’re like the bullies in school, which I find it weird that Doyeon would hangout with them. Doyeon is nothing like them. She’s so nice and kind to everyone, while her friends are mean and rude.

Throughout the whole day I didn’t pay attention in any of my classes. I basically went to sleep in most of them, except for 2 classes because my friends were in there. In my first class I had Chungha unnie and Sejeong unnie, I spent my class time bothering them while they glared at me. In my other class I had Somi and Jieqiong unnie. We were the three troublemakers of the class, we’ve gotten in trouble so many times that the teachers had basically given up on punishing us.

“Wanna hangout?” Somi asked.

“I can’t,” I sighed, “tutoring.”
“Oh yeah, good luck!” Chungha unnie said patting my back.

“So I’m guessing not of you guys are my tutor...my mom said it’s someone with the last name Kim.”

“Maybe it’s Kim Nayoung unnie.” Sejeong unnie said.

“Or or or it’s kim Doyeon.” Jieqiong unnie teased.

My heart stopped for almost a second.

“No way! That’s impossible.” I said.

“You never know.” Chungha unnie said.

I bid them all farewells and went back home. I was taking my time walking home because I really didn’t want to be tutored. I’ve had many tutors before, but they gave up on me. It’s not my fault. Studying and me just doesn’t go together. I do well in school, but it’s not considered good enough. My other tutors are always saying that they’ll succeed and make me a 4.0 student, but in the end they always give up.

“Finally you’re home. What took you so long?” My mom said as I entered the house.

“Traffic.” I said.

“Traffic...when you’re walking…” My mom rolled her eyes.

I went into my room and put my stuff away and changed out of my school clothing and relaxed on my bed before the tutor gets here.

Just as I was about to open my laptop, I heard the doorbell ringing. Guess my tutor is here. I grumbled and went down to meet my tutor. When I got to the door my mom was opening the door and this time my heart really did stop. It was freaking Kim Doyeon.

“Hello, I’m here to tutor Yoojung.” Doyeon said and bowing.

“Oh yes come in.” My mom gestured her to come in.

Doyeon nodded and came in. Then she saw me standing there frozen. Her expression turned into a surprise one.

“This is Yoojung, you guys can go up to her room to study. Yoojung-ah, take her to your room.”
I was frozen for a bit, but came back to my senses. I gestured her to follow me, which she did. I should have cleaned up my room a bit. I opened my door and we both went in. Doyeon put her backpack on the floor.

“So you’re Yoojung.” Doyeon smiled, and this was when I realized that she never knew my name until now.

“H-hi.”
“I guess we’ll officially introduce each other. I’m Kim Doyeon.” Doyeon smiled.

“Choi Yoojung.” I said shyly.

“Well I guess let’s start.” Doyeon clapped her hand together.

We sat down at my table and took out the books. Doyeon and I were pretty close to each other. Her flowery scent was filling up my nose, and just being this close to her makes my heart beat at an irregular rate.

“So what subject are you having trouble with the most?”
“Everything.” I said.

“Oh,” Doyeon laughed a little, “then I guess we can start with English first.”
My heart kept pounding so much that I couldn’t really concentrate.

“Are you alright? You seem zoned out.” Doyeon asked in that worried tone that she used with my 4 months ago.

“Y-yeah sorry.” I managed out.

“Hmm how about we just start with simple stuff first, it might be overwhelming to just jump straight into studying. Tell me about yourself, Yoojung-ah.”

Yoojung-ah. I’ve had countless people call my name, but when Doyeon says it, it just sound so nice.
“Errrm I don’t know what to say…”
“Hmm well I’m a third year in highschool, I’m part of the dance club, cheerleading club, and cross country. What about you?”
No wonder she’s so fit.

“Nothing…” i said embarrassingly.

“Oh really? Why not?”
“I’m too short for anything.”
Doyeon laughed at this.

“Hey don’t laugh.” I pouted.

“Haha i’m sorry, but well one good thing about you being short is that it makes you look cute.” Doyeon smiled.

D-did Doyeon just called me cute? I was seriously screaming on the inside.

“Well do you have any jobs? I’m sure you can guess by now, I have two jobs. At the bakery and as a tutor.”
“I don’t have any. Why are you working two jobs?” I asked.

“I like to keep myself busy.” Doyeon shrugged.
“Isn’t it tiring though?”
“It is, I never have a day off to myself, but I got used to it.”

I can feel myself relaxing a bit, Doyeon was right. Just trying to talk normally makes me calmed a bit.

We spent the rest of the time talking about each other and it was nice. It felt like we’ve been friends for a really long time. I’ve gotten to know more about her without being creepy and she knew more about me, which isn’t much.

“I know this isn’t the conventional tutoring, but I just thought we can ease into things.” Doyeon said.

“I like it like this.” I smiled.

“Good! I’ll see you tomorrow then, tomorrow we’ll actually do some school work.”
“Awww.” I whined.

“Cute.” Doeyon smiled.

She waved goodbye and then she left. I fell back onto my bed smiling like an idiot. I looked at my phone and saw the name “Kim Doyeon.” She gave me her number. I freaking got her number. I felt myself smiling so wide that my cheeks were starting to hurt.

After laying in bed for a while just thinking about Doyeon my smile turned even wider when I saw that I got a message from her.

“I’m home now” -Doyeon

I boldly told her to text me when she arrived home safely.

Good I’m glad!” -Yoojung

I seriously couldn’t make myself stop smiling.


Weeks have passed and Doyeon and I have gotten a lot closer. We text nearly everyday. During school time we’d always say hi and sometimes she would join me for lunch. My friends met her and they all love her because she’s just so nice and such an angel.
“Yoojung-ah!”
I turned around and saw Doyeon jogging towards me. Ugh she looked like a freaking goddess.

“Hey!” I smiled brightly.

“Let’s go home together.” Doyeon said linking her arms to mine.

She was big on skinship and it really made me nervous. She pokes/pinches my cheeks often, she hugs me a lot, she always holds hands or link arms with me, every time my friends sees that they start their endless teasing.

“Oh hey what happened here?” I asked noticing a big bruise on her right arm.

“Oh that? It’s nothing.” Doyeon smiled.

I gave her a worried look and grabbed her arm to inspect it more, I noticed she put some makeup on it to try to hide it.

“It doesn’t look like nothing.”
“It’s just a bruise from cheerleading, that’s all.” Doyeon gave a small smile, “so how did your Math midterm go?” She asked changing the subject.

“It was good, I knew most of the answers. All your tutoring is really paying off!”
“That’s good! Your mom can finally be happy and not worried anymore.” Doyeon laughed.

Throughout our walk we were just talking about how our day was. I couldn’t stop thinking about her bruise though. I started noticing that she gets a lot of bruises, but she always brushes them off saying it was from dance or cheerleading.

“You always walk me home, how about I walk you home this time?” I offered.

“No!” Doyeon immediately said, which startled me a bit, “sorry I mean, I rather walk you home.” Doyeon gave a smile, but this time I can tell it’s a fake one.

“No it’s fine, I want to walk YOU home.” I said being persistent.

Doyeon can tell that I wasn’t going to back down, so she sighed and nodded. I realized that I have never been to her house, and I don’t think her friends have been there either.

We were walking slower than usual and I can tell Doyeon really didn’t want me to walk to her house, but my curiosity got the best of me.

“Okay well here we are! Bye!” Doyeon quickly said and gave me a hug.

Then Doyeon stared at me as if waiting for me to leave, which I did. I pretended to walk away and waited until Doyeon went into her house, then I turned back and stood near her house just staring. I can see through the windows that Doyeon was walking into the living room. Then I saw something horrible. A man, I assume it’s her dad, slapped her so hard she nearly stumbled back. I was so shocked by this. I felt my heart pounding and I started shaking. I didn’t know what to do. I was just frozen there. Doyeon didn’t seem to flinch or anything at all. She just stared at the man with hatred, a look that I can never imagine Doyeon having. Then I saw Doyeon leaving the living room.

I took out my phone and called her, to see if she was okay.

“Hello?” She answered in a soft voice.

“Hey…” I said gently.

“What’s up?” She asked trying to sound upbeat.

I decided not to ask anything since I didn’t think she would want to talk about it.

“Oh nothing, just uhhh calling you to tell you that I’m home now.” I lied.
“Oh that’s great, I’ll see you tomorrow then.” She said in a happy tone, which I know she was faking it.

“Uhh wait! Actually do you think you can come get coffee with me?” I asked nervously.

“Why? We just saw each other.”
“I know, but I want to hangout with you more.” I said bravely.

“Sure, but do you mind giving me about an hour or two?”

“Yeah of course. I’ll be waiting at the cafe at the corner of my house.”
“Okay, i’ll see you then!”
Then we hung up and I looked back at Doyeon’s house one more time and then started making my way towards the cafe. I was feeling nervous and scared. I didn’t know what to say to Doyeon. I want to ask her, but at the same time I don’t know if she would feel comfortable enough to talk about it. But then again we’re somewhat close now. Maybe she just needs to know that someone cares and that she can open up to me and that I’ll be here to help. Then again, I might be risking our friendship by prying into her personal life. Then again, as a friend I should try my best to help her.

I sat down at an empty table and waited for Doyeon. I kept having an internal battle of whether or not I should ask her about what I saw. Right when I saw Doyeon I immediately knew that I have to ask her about it. I wanted to protect her no matter what.

“Hey!” She smiled, but now I can see that it’s a smile that’s hiding a lot of pain.
“On second thought, let’s go hangout at my house.” I said and then I pulled her out of the cafe.

“Are you okay?” Doyeon asked as I pulled her to my house.

“Yeah, I think it’ll be more fun hanging out in my room.”
We greeted my mom once we went inside then we went straight into my room.

“Yoojung-ah, what’s wrong?” Doyeon looked at me with a confused look.

“I know this is bad of me, but I saw what happened.”
Doyeon expression turned into an alarmed one, but it changed back to a confused one.

“What do you mean?”
“I saw that man slapping you really hard. Are you okay?” I asked worriedly and gently caress Doyeon’s cheeks. I was surprised Doyeon leaned into my palm.

“I’m fine, don’t worry.” She gave a small smile.

“Tell me why...please.” I said.

“It’s nothing to worry about, just family issue.”
“Did you also get that bruise from him?”

Doyeon shook her head.

“Kim Doyeon, don’t you dare lie to me.”
“Please don’t tell anyone!” Doyeon grabbed my hands and looked straight into my eyes.

“I promise I won’t.”

Doyeon sighed in relief. Then she nodded her head.
“Yeah the bruise is from him.”
“Why? What happened?”
“You’re the first person I’m revealing this to…”
I felt my heart pounding, I knew this wasn’t the right time, but I felt special.

“He’s my step-dad. My mom passed away 2 years ago and now he’s my legal guardian. I hate him. He’s nothing but a drunk bastard who takes his anger out on me.”
“Why do you still stay with him?”
“I’m stuck with him until I’m 18. Just one more week. One more week then I can legally be away from him.”
“Why don’t you just go to the police?” I asked.

“He was an ex-cop. He has friends and people on his side. I can’t do anything about it.”
At this point Doyeon was on the verge of tears. I quickly wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly. That’s when Doyeon started crying in my arms. This was my first time seeing Doyeon be sad. She’s always such a happy person, I would have never imagined. I guess it is always the happiest people who is the saddest.
“What are you going to do when you’re 18?”
“Leave that hole.”
“Where are you going to go?”
“I-uhh haven’t thought of that yet.” She said sheepishly.

“Come live with me.” I stupidly said.

“W-what?”
“Yeah why not? I have a spare room. My mom loves you already, so why not?”
“Are you sure? You know we’ve only known each other for a couple of months.”
“Yeah, but we got along pretty well. I consider you one of my closest friends!”
Doyeon just smiled and gave me a tight hug, which I happily returned it.

“I’ll think about it, okay? Thank you for being so kind though.” Doyeon kissed my cheeks, making my heart flutter.

“I should go now, he’s going to get mad if I come home too late.”
“Be careful please...I don’t want you getting hurt.”
“Don’t worry!” Doyeon smiled, “Thanks for worrying so much and being such a great friend.”

Doyeon kissed me on the cheeks again then ruffled my hair making me blush super hard. Then she waved goodbye and left.

I went back to resting on my bed dreaming about Doyeon. I can’t believe that was going on with Doyeon though. Maybe that’s why she always tries to keep herself busy, just so she doesn’t have to go home.


I waited outside of the bakery waiting for Doyeon to walk by. When I saw her making her way towards here I quickly ran to her and grabbed her and pulled her aside.

“Yoojung-ah! What’s going on?” Doyeon asked.

“Since you never get any days off I thought you might want to take a break from everything and go to an amusement park with me. You said you always wanted to go, right?”

“Well yeah, but my shift is about to start in 10 minutes.” Doyeon said.

“It’s fine. I talked to your manager. There are already a lot of people working, so they’ll be fine without you. So how about it? Wanna go to the amusement park with me?”
“Are you asking me out on a date?” Doyeon asked in an amused tone.
“N-no? M-Maybe.” I stuttered not looking into her eyes.
“I would love to go on a date with you.” Doyeon gently grabbed my chin and lifted up so that we would be looking at each other.

I felt myself smiling wide and just nodding my head like an idiot. I had borrowed my mom’s car that day so I lead her to the car and started driving off.

“So how's life at home?” I asked.

I always ask her everyday because I get so worried, I also check if there are any new bruises. Doyeon always brush it off saying she's fine and everything.

“Good.” She said.

I looked over to her and saw a new bruise on her arm. I reached over and touched her bruise making her flinched. Then I gently rubbed it and gave her a sad smile. She placed a hand over my hand and then she interlocked them. If I weren't driving I would have had a heart attack and freaked out.

We reached the amusement park and then we got out and I missed her hands right away. Maybe she read my mind, but she came to my side and interlocked our fingers again. I squeezed her hand and she squeezed back. I was actually feeling really nervous, not because I'm not a date with Kim freaking Doyeon, but because I'm terrified of amusement parks and rides and heights.

“Ready to have fun?” I asked smiling to hide my nervousness.

“Yeah! What do you want to ride first?”

“This is your day, think of it as an early birthday celebration.”

“You're the best, you know that?” Doyeon reached down and kissed me on the cheeks, making me blush hard.

“Let's go ride that.” She said pointing to a semi big roller coaster.

“Sure!”

I bought us fast passes so we were able to go straight to the front. Unlucky for me we were seated right in front of the roller coaster, I was freaking terrified, but I didn't show it. I have to be brave so Doyeon can have some fun.

The roller coaster started and we went up and down so many times, my heart nearly stopped and it's not the type of heart stopping thrill that I get from Doyeon.

After the ride finished Doyeon smiled and I can feel her happiness. I felt a bit sick, but I tried my best to hide it.

“Next?” I asked.

“Let's try that one!”

Doyeon grabbed my hand and led me to an even bigger roller coaster. My heart. The things I do for the people I love, I sighed internally.

Luckily we were in the middle of the roller coaster this time and it wasn't as bad. It's still bad, but not that bad.

“Are you hungry?” Doyeon asked as we were getting off the ride.

“A little bit, what about you?”

“Yeah, let's get something small.”

We went to the food court and decided to just get some fries and soda, since if we were to eat a burger and go on rides it would probably all come right back.

“My friends are throwing a birthday party for me, do you and your friends wanna come?” Doyeon asked.

“When is it?” I asked.

“Tomorrow night.”

“Sure, sounds like it'll be fun!”

Doyeon smiled got even bigger then we finished eating our food. We went to watch some shows that they had going on. They were pretty interesting, but sometimes my eyes would drift back to Doyeon and seeing how beautiful she is just makes me heart melt.

After that we decided to go to a haunted house. Me and scary things do not go together. Of course I can't tell her no since Doyeon was really excited about it. Throughout the whole scary maze, I've screamed countless times. I was on the edge of tears, but I held it in. Doyeon would scream from time to time too, but she seems to be enjoying it.

“Sorry for gripping your hand too hard.” I apologized.

“Don't worry about it, sorry for making you go into it. I didn't know you get scared that easily.”

“It's fine, it was fun.” I smiled.

“It's getting late, I have to go home soon,” Doyeon sighed, “let's ride one last ride and we’ll go.”

“Okay.” I said trying to hide my disappointment that the date was ending.

Of course we would go to the scariest ride as the last ride. The roller coaster was so high and there were three loops and 4 major drops. My heart was pounding so hard I felt like it was going to jump out.

“Looks fun, right?” Doyeon asked as we were going to the seat.

“Yeah.” I said nervously.

Doyeon smiled and then she interlocked our fingers together as we buckled the seat. I felt a bit, just a bit, better having Doyeon beside me.

Let's just say the ride felt like it was forever and I basically screamed until my lungs flew out. Doyeon looked like she enjoyed it a lot. Man this girl really like thrills. When we were leaving Doyeon was a bit sad, but she was in a good mood because today was a good day.

We got into my car and I drove her back home. I guess the day took out all of her energy because she fell asleep. Whenever I hit red light I would look at her and think how she's so beautiful and looked like such an angel sleeping. When we got to her house I gently shook her awake.

“Doyeon-ah, we’re here.” I said gently.

Doyeon slowly opened her eyes and looked around confused a bit, I couldn't help but smile at how cute she looked.

“Oh shoot, I'm sorry for falling asleep!” Doyeon apologized.

“It's okay.” I smiled.

“Thanks for an amazing day, you're really amazing!” Doyeon said and hugged me.

“No problem, I'm glad you had fun!”

Doyeon pulled back from the hug and then she gave me a peck on my lips, it wasn't for too long but it wasn't too fast either.

“I had a really fun date.” Doyeon smiled softly. Then she pecked me one last time on my lips then ruffled my hair and left. I stared at her dumbfounded as she walked into her house, waving to me one last time.

I can feel my face heating up and my smiles getting wider. I just got my first kiss and it was from Kim Doyeon. Holy . This must be a dream! I punched myself and it hurt. I'm not dreaming. This is just amazing.


“Wow this party isn’t that bad.” Somi said as we walked into the door.
I basically dragged everyone to the party. There weren’t that much people, but there’s not little people. I would say there are about 30+ people. I’m pretty sure some just came because it was a party. My friends and I kind of just went into the house and stood in the living room talking amongst ourself. I was looking around a lot to see if I can find Doyeon, but no luck. I did see some of her friends though, but I was too scared to ask them. I tried texting Doyeon, but maybe she was busy cause she didn’t reply.

We all got some drinks and food, I wasn’t big on alcohol so I didn’t drink any. Sejeong unnie and Jieqiong unnie were having a contest to see who can handle the most alcohol. Chungha unnie and Nayoung unnie were just face palming themselves seeing how dumb their girlfriends were being.

“Boo!” Someone hugged me from behind and kissed my cheeks.

“Hey you!” I turned around and hugged Doyeon.

“Hey, happy early birthday!” Chungha unnie said.

“Thanks! Are you guys enjoying yourselves?” Doyeon asked kindly.

“Yeah, thanks for inviting us.” Somi smiled, it was weird seeing Somi nice since I’m used to her being a devil to me.

“What about you? Are you having fun?” Doyeon still had her arms wrapped around me from behind and whispered in my ear, making me shiver.
“Yeah, but it’d be more fun if I saw you more.” I nuzzled into her arm and kissed it.

“I’m sorry, I have to go interact with other people too since they came for me.” Doyeon pouted a bit.

“It’s okay, I understand.” I gave a small smile.

“DOYEON-AH!” One of her friend shouted across the room. We all turned towards the voice, Doyeon’s friend was gesturing for her to come while holding some bottles of alcohol.

Doyeon sighed and kissed me on the lips really quick and said, “I’ll find you later tonight.” Then she went towards her friends.

“Hey so are you and Doyeon officially a thing?” Chungha unnie asked.

“To be honest, I’m not sure. We didn’t really talk about it.” I said honestly.

“I think you guys are together, the way she treats you I don’t think she would treat other people like that.” Somi said.

“Yeah, but you guys have to make sure to talk it out, you can’t just assume.” Sejeong unnie said.

“Sejeong is right.” Nayoung unnie agreed.

“I guess I can talk to her about it later.” I said.

“Let’s go have some fun now!” Somi said.

Then we all went outside and looked for something to do. Somi and Jieqiong unnie wanted to play some basketball, so they grabbed a ball and started shooting around. I was never really good at sports so I just stood there while the others were playing. After that we got some food and played games that were happening. I had some fun, but I wish Doyeon was with me..

After a while we all kind of got bored and it was actually getting late, so we decided we should head home soon. Before I leave I wanted to find Doyeon and say goodbye so I told the others I’ll meet them at the entrance. I took Somi with me cause I didn’t want to be alone. We started looking around the house and asking some people. Most of them pointed me to different places. I decided to just look through each room and hope for the best.

There were actually a lot of rooms, this house is gigantic. Doyeon’s friends really hooked her up for her party.

“Where the hell is she?” I wondered out loud.

“It’s always the last place you look at. So I’m gonna bet she’s in here.” Somi said.

I nodded and then I opened the door. I wish I never opened the door. I found Doyeon, but I found her sitting beside a guy and they were kissing. The guy had his hands on Doyeon’s waist, while Doyeon had her hands on his hands. Somi quickly covered my eyes. I took Somi’s hands off my eyes, and at the same time Doyeon and the guy looked startled.

“Yoojung-ah!” Doyeon said, but she slurred her words a bit, I guess she was a bit drunk.

“Let’s go.” I said and grabbed Somi’s wrist and then we ran off.

I tried my best to hold in my tears as I was running with Somi. Somi held onto my hand tightly letting me know that she’s right here. I can hear Doyeon calling and running after me. After we got to the front of the house Somi and I ran out of breath so we started walking. The others were waiting in front for us and they looked at us like we were crazy.

“Are you guys okay?” Chungha unnie asked.

“Yeah.” I answered shortly.

“Yoojung-ah!”
I turned around and saw Doyeon running towards me, when she stopped in front of me she stumbled a bit.

“I can explain!” Doyeon said.

“Don’t worry. We only went on one date, it’s not like we’re official or anything. You can date or kiss anyone you like.” I said bitterly.

Before Doyeon could say anything, Somi stepped up and pulled my wrist.

“Let’s go, don’t waste your time on her.” Somi said.

The others looked at us weirdly, but they seem to have a little understanding of it. Chungha unnie came and grabbed my hand and pulled me along. I was glad to have my friends with me because I wouldn’t have known what to do. They all took me home and that was when I let it all out. Chungha unnie hugged me tightly while the others gave me sympathetic looks.

“You guys can go home, I’ll be here with her.” Chungha unnie said.

“It’s okay, we don’t mind.” Sejeong unnie said.

So basically everyone spent the night in my room My parents didn’t mind since they’re used to my friends coming here often.


The weekend ended and it was time for school. Throughout the weekend Doyeon kept trying to text me and called me, but I ignored them all. She also came over, but luckily my parents weren’t home, so I left the door unanswered. Now it was time to go back to school and I was worried, worried about how I’ll face her.

I saw her through the hallways, but when we make eye contacts, I would immediately run. Doyeon would try to come after me, but sometimes she would get distracted by her friends. I always had one of my friend with me just in case Doyeon was successful in coming to me.

During lunch I was kind of just staring at everyone eating since i didn’t have an appetite.

“Yoojung-ah, you should eat something.” Chungha unnie said worriedly.

“I don’t feel like it.” I said.

I saw Sejeong unnie’s eyes drifting upward and then she sighed. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw it was Doyeon.

“Can we please talk?” Doyeon asked in a gently voice.

Jieqiong unnie was about to say something, probably something mean, but I answered first.

“Sure.” I said boldly. Might as well just talk to her now instead of running away.

The others looked at me a bit worriedly, but I just gave them a small smile in return. We walked to an empty hallway to be private. I noticed that Doyeon had more bruises. She even had a cut on the side of her lip. All of my angerness melted away seeing the dark circles under her eyes. Her eyes were blood-shot red and puffy. By instinct I gently grabbed her hand and looked at her newly formed bruises.

“What happened?” I asked.

“It’s nothing. I rather talk about us. I’m really sorry…” Doyeon said gently.

“It’s fine. Like I said, we never established what we were. You’re freely to date or kiss whoever you want.”
“I don’t want that. I want to be with you.” Doyeon said.

“Then...why were you kissing that guy?” I asked, trying my best to hold my emotion.

“I was drunk, my mind wasn’t in the right place. He came onto me, and I tried to stop, but I couldn’t gather my strength.”

I was still feeling unsure. I really wanted to forgive Doyeon and just hold her in my arms and take care of her, but at the same time I was scared.

“I’m scared.” I said quietly.

“Scared of what?”
“Doyeon-ah, you’re like a goddess. Everyone is in love with you, you can seriously have anyone. That’s why I’m scared. I’m scared you’ll realize that there is someone who is 10 times better than me and leave me.”
“You’re an idiot.” Doyeon said straightforwardly, which scared me for a bit.

“I’m sorry what?”
“To me you are the best that there is. You’re the only one that can see past my broken smiles. You’re the only one that I want to be with. You’re the only one that cared more than my friends have ever did. Do you want to know a secret?” Doyeon asked.

“What?” I asked trying to control my nervousness.

“I fell for you the day you bumped into me.” She said sincerely.

“W-what?”

“Yeah. The first time we ever interacted, when you were running like a madwoman and ran straight into me and fell. I seriously thought you were the cutest person on earth.”
Holy , she must be messing with me. She’s just saying all these things to get on my good side.

“Then you started coming to the bakery and I couldn’t be happier, everyday I would always be looking for you. Then I became your tutor. That wasn't by chance honestly, you were supposed to be tutored by Haein unnie, but I really wanted to spend time and get to know you, so I asked Haein unnie if I can tutor you instead.”
This really doesn’t feel real.

“When you asked me out on a date, you have no idea how excited I was. You gave me one of the best day of my life. I’m truly sorry for messing up, but I hope you know that I mean it when I say I only want to be with you, forgive me please?” Doyeon asked looking straight into my eyes with her puppy dog face.

“Why did you have to say that?” I sighed.

I used both my hand and cupped her face and pulled her towards me, even then I was still too short so I tippy toed and kissed her. I can feel her smiling as she kissed me back. My arm wrapped around her tiny waist and I pulled her closer to me. I really wanted to continue enjoying the kiss, but then a voice shouted at us.

“This is a school!” Shouted a teacher, making us pulled away.

We quickly apologized and ran off. After we left the hallway, we just started laughing.

“Does that mean you forgive me?” Doyeon asked, as she grabbed a hold of my hand.

“As long as you promise these lips will be the only one you lay yours on.” I said sternly.

“Of course.” Doyeon smiled and pecked me on the lips.

“So when are you moving in?” I asked as I inspected her bruises.

“W-what?” Doyeon asked in a surprised tone.

“You’re 18 in two days, which means you can finally leave that hellhole. Come live with me.”
“I don’t know…”
“Come on! If it helps I talked to my mom about it.”
Doyeon looked alarmed, “d-did you told her about my step-dad?!”
“No of course not! I just told her that he’s not an ideal father and you would rather live alone. My mom doesn’t mind, she loves you. She thinks you’re a very good influence on me.”
“Hmm I don’t know if she would like the idea of her daughter’s girlfriend living with her though.”

Girlfriend. I love the sound of that.

“She won’t mind!” I said happily.

“Alright, we’ll see.” Doyeon stuck her tongue out.

I laughed at how cute she was and then grabbed her hand and led her back to my friends. They saw our held hands and knew that things were good again, they were all back to being nice to Doyeon, which made me happy. We spent the rest of lunch happily talking to each other.


Lately I just want to write about Dodaeng because they are so cute <3 

Thank you for reading and subscribing!