Dodaeng

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Yoojung POV

“when is Doyeon coming back?” Nayoung unnie asked.

“No idea, she said she’ll be coming soon.” I answered.

“ahh i’m so sleepy.” Chungha unnie said yawning.

“go to bed then unnie, you can wish her happy birthday tomorrow.” I said.

Chungha unnie just shook her head then walked to the couch where Sejeong unnie was sitting then laid on her lap, while Sejeong unnie was her hair.

“I think I’m going to go to the company to get her.” I said getting up from the floor.

“do you need someone to go with you?” Sohye asked.

“no it’s okay, I’m just gonna ask manager oppa to drive me and I’ll be back with Doyeon soon.”

I called manager oppa and he came in about 10 minutes and he drove me to Fantagio company. I asked him to hurry since it was already 11:30. I wanted to make sure that I was the first one to wish her happy birthday, I have always been the first one to wish her happy birthday since we met and I will continue being first.

Once we got there I told manager oppa to wait a bit and I’ll be down soon with Doyeon. I went inside the building and tried to call Doyeon, but she didn’t pick up. This girl. Always working so hard and getting extra practice whenever she can. I looked around the recording rooms, but didn’t see her. I went to check every practice room, while checking I felt a bit scared because there weren’t that much people in the building. It feels too empty. Finally I reached the last practice room and I saw Doyeon sitting against the wall. I opened the door and she looked up a bit startled. I noticed she quickly wiped her eyes.

“Yah, are you okay?” I asked worriedly as I sat beside her.

“Yeah.” Doyeon said quietly.

“Don’t lie to me. What’s wrong?” I asked moving her hair out of her face.

“Just stress I guess.” Doyeon answered.

“About?”
“Everything!” Doyeon semi-shouted and buried her head into her knees.

I didn’t reply, I just wrapped my arms around Doyeon and she rested her head on my shoulder.

“I’m gonna be another year older and I feel like I haven’t improved at all. I feel like all these practice are so meaningless.” Doyeon mumbled.

“Yah Kim Doyeon! Are you crazy? You’ve achieved a lot in the past month than most people. You debuted!”
“Yeah but that’s only for 7 more months, what’s going to happen after? I’m just going to go back to the company and everything will just feel like a dream.”

“Things are going to change after we disband, we will go back to the company, but things will be different. We’ll debut with our own company trainees and everything will be different.”
“Will it? Will it really?” Doyeon sighed.

“Of course! Things have changed a lot, you’ve achieved a lot this year, just think about it. We did a survival show together and made it, while doing it we made a lot of friends who understood our feelings and hardships. We debuted with some of them and some people actually know us. Try going out to a convenience store and someone will say ‘omg IOI Kim Doyeon!’”
“I guess you’re right...but I still feel like I’m lacking.”
“Of course you would feel that, everyone still feels like that. No one is the best, everyone still lacks something, but as long as you keep working hard then you can achieve whatever you want.”

“Make sense…” Doyeon said softly.

I took a hold of Doyeon’s hand, “as long as we stay together there’s nothing we can’t achieve.”

Doyeon looked up and smile at me, “I’m so happy I have you.”

“Oh look, it’s officially your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” I shouted and hugged her tightly.

“Can’t...b-breath..” Doyeon struggled out, but still hugged me back.

We got out of the building and went to the van. I apologized to manager oppa for taking too long. Then manager oppa drove us back to the dorm, before leaving he wished Doyeon happy birthday and gave her a gift bag. As we were walking out Doyeon stopped her track.

“What?” I turned around and asked.

“It’s my birthday, where’s my gift?” Doyeon asked.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

“Yah, I mean it’s not like I want you to get me something, but you’re always the first one to wish me happy birthday and give me something.”
“Things are different this year I guess.” I shrugged.

We walked into the dorm and I noticed Chungha unnie sleeping soundly on Sejeong unnie. Nayoung unnie and Jieqiong unnie came and hugged Doyeonie, I figured the others were already sleeping in their room. Seeing how tired Doyeon looked, I pulled her away from Nayoung unnie and Jieqiong unnie and led her to our room.

“You feel better, right?” I asked.

“Yeah, thanks.” Doyeon said and hugged me tightly.
“Alright, get some sleep. Tomorrow we’ll have lots of fun!” I said trying to sound excited, but I was so tired.

Doyeon just smiled and went to lay on her bed, while I laid on mine. We said goodnight and then off to dreamland we went.


“Wakey wakey!” I said jumping onto Doyeon’s bed.

“Ahhhhh 5 more minutes!” Doyeon groaned.

“Noooo, we have to celebrate your birthday!” I said pulling off Doyeon’s blanket.

“No!” Doyeon protested, then she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close to her chest hugging me tightly. My face was squished into her chest area, and I can feel my face heating up.
“Everyone is waiting outside.” I muffled.

“They can wait 5 more minutes. I’m really comfy right now.”

I sighed and gave in. Doyeon continued hugging me tightly, which I didn’t mind at all.

“Wow! We’ve been waiting forever and these two are busy cuddling.” Somi came in and said.

I felt really embarrassed so I quickly tried to get off of Doyeon.

“Uhh it’s not what it looks like.” I said feeling my face heat up again.
“Sureeee.” Somi said then walked out of the room.
“Still so sleepy.” Doyeon yawned as she got off the bed.

We both went to change and met up with the others. Our plans for the day was go to the amusement park and play there all day. I hate amusement park, but Doyeon loves it, and I love my best friend, so I just have to man up and do it.

“Do you guys want to split up into pairs or go altogether?” Nayoung unnie asked.

“I think it’d be more fun if all of us were together.” Yeunjung said.

“Yeah, but it’d be too hard to pick a ride and navigate and stuff…” Mina said.

“Then maybe we can pair up and just switch around.” Chungha unnie Suggested.

“Yeah I like that idea.” Nayoung unnie said.

“I call Nayoung unnie!” Jieqiong unnie said and linked arms with Nayoung unnie.

“Yoojung unnie!” Somi said and hugged me.

I hugged her back, but I felt a bit disappointed that I didn’t get to pair up with Doyeon. Doyeon decided to go with Chaeyeon unnie, Sejeong unnie and Chungha unnie paired up, Mina, Sohye, and Yeunjung paired up. Then we all went our separate ways to ride whatever we wanted to ride.

“What do you want to ride?” Somi asked.

“Anything is fine, just maybe not too scary.”

“Let’s ride the bumper cars then, I haven’t rode that in a while.”
I nodded my head since that wasn’t a scary ride. There was actually kind of a lot of people so we were waiting in line. The whole time I was just listening to Somi talk about Park Soyeon and how amazing she is. It got me thinking about what Doyeon is doing right now and if she’s having fun.

Doyeon POV

“Are you having a good birthday?” Chaeyeon unnie asked.

“Yup! I’m really glad I get to spend it with you guys.” I smiled.

“But there’s someone else you’d rather spend with, am I right?” Chaeyeon unnie asked in a teasing tone and shoulder bump me.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said looking away.

“Uh huh, suit yourself.” Chaeyeon unnie shrugged.

It was our turn for the rollercoaster so we went to sit. I buckled my seatbelt, and Chaeyeon unnie looked over to double check that my seatbelt is on right and tight. Then blast off! The rollercoaster took off at full speed making everyone scream, I didn’t mind because I love the thrill and the feeling of speed.

After the ride was over Chaeyeon unnie looked a bit sick, but she just brushed it off saying it was a lot of fun. We walked around and played some games thinking about the next ride we should ride.

“Chaeyeon unnie, Doyeon unnie!” We heard a voice and turned around to see Somi and Yoojung running. I felt my heart beat faster at the sight of Yoojung. Okay I admit it. I’m in love with my best friend, but no one knows. No one except basically every members of IOI not counting Yoojung...They know, but I always deny it because I was afraid Yoojung might find out. I never want Yoojung to find out because honestly it seems like Yoojung only sees me as her best friend, which I am fine with. I am fine with being her best friend and being there for her whenever she needs me. If one day she falls in love with someone, I will be there supporting her.

“Want to switch partners?” Yoojung asked.

“Ooh I want the birthday girl!” Somi said.

“No!” Chaeyeon unnie shouted, making all of us stare at her, “oops haha I mean I want to ride stuff with you Somi-ah, let’s go!”

Chaeyeon unnie grabbed Somi and they ran off, leaving behind Yoojung and I.

“Guess we’re partners then!” Yoojung smiled.

“What ride do you want to ride?” I asked making her choose since she was afraid of almost everything.
“Let’s ride...that!” Yoojung said pointing to the biggest rollercoaster in the park.
“Err are you okay?” I asked.

“Yeah, why?”
“You do know that is the tallest and scariest rollercoaster here, right?”

“Yeah, but I know it’s a ride that you want to ride, so we should ride it!” Yoojung smiled trying to hide her nervousness. I felt my heart skip a beat at how sweet Yoojung was being.

“It’s okay, I can ride it with Somi or Nayoung unnie. We can ride something that you enjoy.”
“No! Today is your day so we have to ride things that make you happy.”
“Just being with you makes me happy.” I blurted out.

“Wow Kim Doyeon, I didn’t know you were such a sweet talker.” Yoojung laughed.

“Let’s go on that ride instead!” I said pointing to the Viking, and hoping that Yoojung will forget what I just said.

“Are you sure you don’t want to ride the big rollercoaster?”

“Yes, I want to ride the Viking with you, let’s go!”
I grabbed Yoojung hand and pulled her along. We continued holding hands as we walked to the line. I can see some people staring at Yoojung, who wouldn’t, Yoojung is super adorable and can be really...hot sometimes. I felt my protective instinct, or some might call it jealousy instinct...same thing, come up so I moved my arm and wrapped my arms around Yoojung’s waist and continue walking.

“Ready?” I asked her as we were pulling down the seat belt.

“Uh huh…” Yoojung quivered.

“It’ll be fun.” I smiled reassuringly.

“Of course...but I’m just going to hold your hands in case you get scared, you know?” Yoojung reached over and gripped my hands so hardI felt the blood circulation cut off.

The ride started and it wasn’t that bad, but soon it started swinging higher and higher. Yoojung kept looking down and hiding her head. I was enjoying myself, but I also felt guilty for making Yoojung ride such a scary ride. I looked over towards her and I saw some tears sliding down her cheeks. I felt worried and quickly wiped them away while she just shook her head.

Finally the ride was over and Yoojung quickly got up and ran down to the nearest chair and sat down.

“Hey are you okay?” I asked worriedly.

“Yeah s-sorry. That ride was scarier than I-I thought.”
“It’s okay.” I said and wrapped my arms around her.

“Hey what happened?” I heard Sejeong unnie voice.

I looked up and saw Sejeong unnie and Chungha unnie in front of us.

“We rode the Viking and Yoojungie got scare.”
“Aww Yoojung! Why did you ride the Viking?” Chungha unnie asked patting Yoojung on the head.

“I’m whipped for my best friend.” Yoojung sighed.

“It’s okay, I’m whipped for Chungha unnie too.” Sejeong unnie said.

“Better be.” Chungha unnie smirked.

“Did you guys wanted to switch partners?” Sejeong unnie asked.

Yoojung looked at me for the answer, I wanted to stay with Yoojung for the rest of the day, but I felt bad because the others wanted to spend time with me for my birthday. I internally sighed and nodded my head.

“Okay I’ll go with Yoojung then, I’m feeling a bit sick myself too. I think I need a break.” Chungha unnie said.

“Okay then Doyeon, let’s go ride some stuff!” Sejeong unnie said cheerfully.


After a long day of riding rides and switching partners then sun was slowly going down. We all decided to ride one last ride. I wanted my last ride to be with Yoojung, so I called her trying to find where she was. She was in the arcade with Somi and Sohye. Once we met up we decided to ride the ferris wheel since it was the least scary.

“Think you can do it scaredy-cat?” I asked teasingly.

“Pssh I’m not a scaredy-cat!”

“Oh? Then we can ride that big rollercoaster instead then, right?”
“No no! You said the ferris wheel, you can’t take it back!”

I laughed at how Yoojung was acting like such a baby. We went to wait in line and saw Nayoung unnie and Jieqiong unnie, and Chungha unnie and Sejeong unnie. I guess it was a couple’s thing to ride the ferris wheel last when the sun is setting. I felt butterflies in my stomach after thinking that. I’m riding it with Yoojung, when the sun is setting.

“This thing goes pretty high…” Yoojung said nervously.

“Yeah, don’t focus on the height! Just look at the beautiful sunset.” I said.

“Why look at the sunset when I can look at something even more beautiful than it.”
“I’m sorry?” I said, clearly I heard her wrong.

“You know how you said that I’m always first to say happy birthday and give you your present?” Yoojung said, grabbing my hand.

“Uh huh…” I said slowly.

“Well this year is a bit different, since obviously I haven’t given you your present yet.”
“Way to state the obvious?” I didn’t really know what was going on, so my sassy defensive was coming out.

“Let me ask you something first, is there someone in your heart right now?”
“What do you mean?”
“Someone that you like more than a friend.”
I started panicking at the question.

“W-why do you a-ask?”
“Because I want to be that someone.” Yoojung said looking into my eyes.

“W-what?”
“I want to be the person that you like more than a friend.”
“Well you’re my best friend, so I do like you more than a friend.” I said teasing her.

“Yah Kim Doyeon! I’m trying to confess here!” She said in a mad tone and hit me on the head.

“Well you’re not doing it nicely!” I pouted while rubbing my head.

“Well this will change your mind.”
She grabbed my chin and placed her lips onto mine. It was soft and gentle. You know when people say that your first kiss should always be amazing and all that cheesy stuff, well that’s how my kiss with Yoojung was. I swear I saw fireworks...not because the amusement park lit some up, but I also felt sparks and tingling feeling.

“So what do you say? Want to be more than friends?” Yoojung asked.

“But we are more than friends, we’re best friends!” I said teasing her again.

“Yah! Fine, I take back my confession!” Yoojung huffed and crossed her arm then looked away.

“Aww I’m just kidding, I’m glad to have you as my girlfriend.” I said hugging her and kissed her cheeks.

After we finished with the ride we met up with the others. Yoojung and I held hands the whole time. The others didn’t really notice since we always do that. Yoojung and I are making a bet to see how long it takes them to realize that we are officially together.

When we got into the car everyone was knocked out. Yoojung was rested her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around her protectively and rested on her head and soon I fell asleep.


As always thank you for reading and subscribing c: