Dodaeng Part 2

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

“Have you checked the group chat?” Doyeon asked.

“No, why?”

“The unnies and everyone else is going crazy waiting for Minju.”

Sure enough I had 200+ message in there.

When can I meet her? - Nayoung unnie

My baby getting a baby :’) - Chungha unnie

I can’t wait to play with her! - Jieqiong unnie

I always wanted a little sister :D - Somi

Somi, you have Everlyn - Sohye

They wanted to come and meet Minju, but I didn’t want them to scare Minju so I told them they’ll meet her one by one. I don’t want Minju to be overwhelmed or anything.

“Are you excited?” Doyeon asked.

“More nervous than excited.”

Everything went through. I was approved along with Doyeon to be able to adopt Minju. Minju agreed to the adoption and was more than willing to be our kid. Now she’s on her way along with Sara, and she’s going to be mine forever. Doyeon and I started decorating the spare room...well not really decorating, just added a bed and a table, we’re going to take Minju shopping and let her pick out whatever she likes.

The doorbell rang and I jumped again, which made Doyeon laughed. I glared at her and went to open the door.

“Good evening! I’m so sorry, I wish I can stay, but I have an urgent meeting to go to.” Sara apologized and handed me a file, “this is everything about Minju.”

“Ah I see, okay!” I nodded my head.

Sara crouched down and faced Minju, “Minju-ah this is your new home. Be a good kid, okay? If there’s anything you need, just give me a call.”

Minju nodded her head and hugged Sara.

Sara smiled and then she waved goodbye to all of us. I crouched down and opened my arms. Minju ran into it and I picked her up.

“Let me show you to your new room.”

Doyeon and I walked into the room and then I put her down.

“It’s not much, but we can go shopping to get more things.” Doyeon said.

“I I-this is good.” Minju said cutely.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I don’t need anything.”

Oh my gosh. How is this kid so freaking precious? I can see Doyeon smiling fondly of her.

“Well, we’ll just go shopping anyways and if there’s anything you like we can get them.” I smiled, while Minju just nodded her head.

I took Minju’s stuff and started unpacking it for her. Doyeon and Minju were just sitting on the bed playing with each other. Doyeon was tickling Minju while she was laughing and thrashing around. I couldn’t help but smile at the cute interaction. Doyeon seems like she can be a good mom.

We got into Doyeon’s car and drove off the mall. Minju was looking out the window and looking amazed at everything, which I thought was super cute. How can a small human being be so precious? (A/N: this is how I feel about Yoojung).

“Wow I haven’t seen you smile this much since you got your first job.” Doyeon said.

“I’m just really happy.”

“I’m glad to see you happy.”

“Thanks again, Doyeon-ah. I owe you one!”

“You actually owe me a lot.” Doyeon smirked.

I just rolled my eyes and replied to the unnies in the group chat.

We got to the mall and I went to open the door for Minju. Minju grabbed onto my hand and held it, then looked up at me smiling. I smiled back and we walked to the entrance. We went straight to the baby store to look for something.

“How come mommy don’t hold hands with the other mommy?” Minju asked suddenly.

“Huh?” I asked.

“I see on TV, couples always hold hands.” Minju cocked her head to the side in confusion.

“Oh yeah, we always hold hands.” Doyeon quickly said, then she interlocked her fingers to mine.

Minju just smiled brightly. Doyeon gave my hand a squeeze, and I smiled back at her. It felt nice. I felt like this is the real thing. It’s like I’m married to Doyeon and we have a kid together. Oh god...isn’t that a weird thought to think about your best friend? I mean, Doyeon is really great. She’s perfect actually, but she’s my best friend. Plus she has never been the relationship type. She just gets with people and then things will be over within a week.

“Waaaah.” Minju said in amazement as we entered the store.

We started roaming around the aisle to see what we need. Minju grabbed a light blue blanket and held onto it.

“Do you want to put it in the cart?” Doyeon asked.

Minju shook her head and held onto the blanket tighter. Then we continue looking for stuff. I didn’t really know what to look for. I never shopped for a kid before. I looked at Doyeon for some help, but she just shrugged.

Kids should get stuffed animals,right? We decided to go to the toy section and see if Minju wants anything from there. She was amazed when she saw everything. She looked up at the both of us for a bit, as if asking for permission to go look and touch things. I nodded my head and let go of her hand. Then she ran and started looking at things.

“She’s an interesting kid.” Doyeon said.

“Yeah, she’s really reserved.”

Doyeon put her arms around my shoulder and pulled me close to her. She has done this a million times, but I don’t know why this time my heart skipped a beat. Maybe I’m just feeling a lot of emotion right now with having Minju.

“Dodaeng!” We heard a voice called out, and both of us snapped our heads back.

It was Sejeong unnie and Mina. They waved and started walking towards us.

“Hey unnie.” Doyeon smiled and hugged Sejeong unnie, “Mina!” Then she hugged Mina.

I also hugged them.

“What brings you guys here?” Doyeon asked.

“You guys said you were coming here, so we wanted to meet your newest addition to the family.” Sejeong unnie said.

I guess Minju noticed us talking, so she ran to come by our side.

“Hi!” Mina said in a baby voice.

Minju hid behind Doyeon’s legs, “hi,” She said quietly.

“She’s so cute!” Sejeong unnie squealed.

“She is.” I smiled.

“I’m your auntie Sejeong, and this is auntie Mina.” Sejeong unnie said to Minju.

Minju just nodded her head and did a little wave.

“So how’s shopping?” Mina asked.

“Eh. We don’t know what to buy.” Doyeon said.

“Minju-ah, is there any toy that you like here?” I asked.

Minju’s eyes lit up and she ran to get something. Then she came back and handed it to me.

“You want this bunny?” I asked.

Minju nodded her head.

“Is there anything else you want?” I asked.

Minju shook her head.

This kid is really something. Usually kids would pick out more stuff.

“Okay!” I smiled, then placed the stuffed bunny in the cart.

Sejeong unnie and Mina got bored and decided to roam around the mall instead. We bought some more blankets and room decoration stickers. After we paid for the stuff Minju kept holding onto her bunny.

We didn’t really have much to do so we decided to go to the food court and ate. We sat at a table, Minju sat on Doyeon’s lap. We started eating and I thought it was really cute how Doyeon was feeding Minju. They both seem so happy.

“Minju-ah eat carefully.” I said as I used a napkin and wiped .

“Yah you're not any better.” Doyeon laughed and took my napkin to wipe something off of my mouth making me feel embarrassed.

“Are you free for the rest of the day?” I asked.

“Sadly no, I have to go to a meeting later.” Doyeon sighed.

“You’re leaving?” Minju asked while pouting.

“I’ll be back though!” Doyeon said, and tapped on Minju’s nose and she started giggling.

We finished eating and then went back home. I looked over Minju’s file a bit and I saw that she usually takes an afternoon nap, otherwise she might not be able to sleep at night. So when we got home I put her down to bed and then I laid beside her until she fell asleep.

I walked out and saw Doyeon sitting on the couch using her laptop.

“How’s your case going?” I asked.

“Same old same old.” Doyeon said, “what about your research?”

“We’re doing an experiment to test out our hypothesis soon, then we will see.”

“Ugh science talk.” Doyeon rolled her eyes.

“Then why did you ask about my work?!” I took a nearby pillow and threw it at her. Doyeon just laughed and threw the pillow back. Then I went to sit beside her and tickled her.

“Yah stop it!” Doyeon laughed. Soon Doyeon got the upper hand and was tickling me.

“No fair!” I said.

Doyeon continued tickling me with one hand, while her other hand was being used as a support since she was practically above me. While I was thrashing around, I hit her support arm, making her fall onto me. Doyeon lifted herself up a bit and our face were inches apart. We stayed silent and stared into each other eyes for a bit. This happens before, but why does it feel different now?

“Uhhh I gotta go.” Doyeon said after the silence and got up.

I sat up and tried to hide my blushing face.

“I’ll see you later tonight.” Doyeon said then closed the door.

I laid back on the couch and sighed. What is wrong with me? Why do I keep having these thoughts about my best friend? I shouldn’t. Bad Yoojung!

I walked into Minju’s bedroom and watched her sleep. She looks so peaceful. I smiled at the sight. I walked back out and took Minju’s file to look at. She was given up for adoption at birth because the father had abandoned the mom. The mom was too young to support a baby. Minju has stayed in 2 other foster homes. She’s quite shy, but opens up fast. She isn’t picky about anything. I love that she’s only 3 years old and she has a good understanding of the world. She loves watching movies, whether it be cartoons or just a regular movie. She seems really smart for her age.

I gently laid beside her and closed my eyes for a bit. I felt Minju scooting closer and hugging me, which made my heart melt. I think I can get used to this.