Dodaeng

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Yoojung POV

“Why in the world did I agree to this?” I sighed.

“Because you love me.” Chungha unnie said hugging me.

“It’s really fun, don’t be scared!” Jieqiong unnie said patting me on the back. I sighed as I sat on the seat. We were at an amusement park for Chungha unnie’s birthday. I was scared, but anything for Chungha unnie. We were riding just a small roller coaster, but it goes really fast.

We sat down on the seats and then put on the seat belt. I was feeling really nervous, I hate rides so much. Some of the workers were walking and inspecting our roller coaster car thingy to make sure everyone has their seat belt on correctly. I noticed the girl that was coming to check mine was seriously beautiful. She’s tall and looked very model-like. The workers here had to wear an ugly uniform, but she made it look beautiful.

“Are you alright?” The beautiful person asked as she was checking my seat belt.

“Y-yeah. Why do you ask?”
“You just seem nervous.” She smiled, “it’s okay. It’s a really fun ride.”

“I’ll take your word for it.” I said.

Then she walked past me and went to check on the other people. For a second I forgot about the roller coaster and was smittened with her, but then I came back to reality when the ride started to move. I grabbed onto tightly to seat belt and braced myself as the speed went up. Then i started screaming my lungs out because we were going really fast, then we went backward even faster and I felt like my soul left my body.

Finally the ride finished and everyone clapped. My friends were smiling so much, while i was trying to catch my breath. The seatbelt was released and the beautiful worker was coming by again to check that we got out safely.

“Did you have fun?” She asked.

“Y-yeah.” I stuttered again, this time because a beautiful lady was right in front of me.

“Well enjoy the rest of your day.” She smiled.

No words came out. I nodded my head and keep staring at her a bit as I walked out. Since I wasn’t really paying attention I stumbled into Chungha unnie.

“Yah are you okay?”
“Yeah sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” I apologized.

We walked out of the ride and went onto the next one. I kept thinking about the beautiful stranger though. Her smile was killer. I figured that the chances of me seeing her again is really low so I just stopped thinking about it and enjoyed my friend’s company.

“Are you having fun?” I asked Chungha unnie.

“Yeah! I’m glad you were able to make it today.”

“Of course!”
It was honestly hard to get a free day. I have so much responsibility being the youngest CEO ever. My parent passed away in a car accident a couple years ago, and I was forced to take over their company. I became a CEO at 20 years old, making me the youngest one. I tried not to make a big deal about it though. My parent’s company is very well known, but not much people know that I’m the CEO because well...people might not want to invest when they find out that a girl who looks younger than 20 years old is the CEO. So I mostly do my work behind closed doors and everything.

Suddenly my phone started ringing, making everyone’s attention towards me.

“Hey I thought no work cell phone!” Jieqiong unnie said.

“It’s okay, you can take the call.” Chungha unnie said.

“No, I promise you a day of no work!” I said hanging up the phone.

Chungha unnie smiled and then we continued going on the rest of the rides. We went on nearly every ride, well they went on nearly every ride. I sat out for the big ones and the scary looking ones. We also got some food and just enjoyed being a young adult. After I got into my parent’s company Chungha unnie, Jieqiong unnie, Chaeyeon unnie, and Mina came and helped me. They were all top of the class, so I had no worries with them working at my company. They’re often busy, but they’re never as busy as me. Today was kind of a relaxing day for all of us. I was glad to see them look so happy and relaxed.

“So what ride do you want to ride last?” Chungha unnie asked.

“The mummy ride.” I answered.
“What? I thought you’re scared of it.” Mina said.

“Eh it was pretty fun.” I said, truthfully I just wanted to see the pretty stranger one last time before we leave.

We waited in line until it was our turn. I kept looking around hoping to see the pretty stranger, which I did. She was still here, walking around checking to see if the seat belt was secured.

When it was our turn I made sure that I sat at the side that she was going to check. When she walked by, I guess she remembered me because she smiled.

“Here for a second round?” She asked.

“Yup!”

“Well have fun.” She smiled, then walked past me to go check the people behind me.

As the ride was starting I didn’t feel scared because I was thinking about the beautiful stranger smile. It made me feel happy and smiled to myself. Then the ride went full speed and I got scared again. Then it went backward and I felt like I lost my voice.

“Never again.” I groaned as I got out of the seat.

I heard a giggle and I looked up to see the beautiful stranger giggling at me. I gave her a sheepish smile and hurried off to my friends.

“If you don’t like the ride, why did you want to ride it again?” Jieqiong unnie asked.

“Because of that tall model-like worker.” Chungha unnie teased.

“N-no!”
“Oh please, I saw you gawking at her.” Chungha unnie stuck her tongue out.

“Whatever.” I mumbled as we walked to our next destination.

After finishing all of the rides we went back home. I went back to my office to get some work done. I felt bad for taking a day off even though I still had so much work to do.


Oh god. I’m definitely gonna need some coffee to help survive the day. I stayed in my office all night doing my paperworks, now the sun was rising and people were slowly coming into the building. I decided to go out to get some coffee, since I still had a long day to go through. Times like this is when I need an assistant. I put out an ad, but no one interesting or was worth interviewing. I want an assistant that catches my eyes.

As I walked into a cafe nearby, there weren’t that much people in it. There were only a couple and they were all business people, probably from my building.

“Can I get an iced Americano?” I asked as I stepped up to the cashier.

“Yeah of course.” The cashier said, but the voice was very familiar.

I looked up and saw it was that same beautiful stranger from the amusement park.

“Don’t you work at an amusement park too?” I asked.

“Oh? Oh! Hey it’s you.” She smiled.

“Wow you work here and the amusement park?” I asked.

“Yeah, gotta pay for school somehow.” She shrugged, “what about you? Do you go to school?”
“Nope.” I answered.
“Ah I see. Well, here’s your americano.” She smiled.

“Thanks, I guess I’ll see you around.” I said.

Then I waved goodbye and walked out. Huh small world. The one time that I actually went into the cafe is when I meet her. Usually Chungha unnie gets me my coffee for me. Maybe I should get my own coffee more often. Aiish what am I thinking? A beautiful stranger like her probably has someone already. I should just go back and focus on work.

As I was walking back to my office, people were greeting me. Some walked by. I didn’t mind though because not many people know that I was the CEO.

“I know you’re my best friend and all, but that doesn’t mean you get to sit in my chair.” I said as I opened my office door and saw Chungha unnie sitting there casually.

“Oh that’s too bad.” Chungha unnie smiled.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards her.

“What are you doing?”
“Going through some application for your new assistant.” Chungha unnie answered.

“I told you just pick whoever.” I sighed.

“Your assistant will be with you for nearly 24/7, we have to pick a good one you dummy.”
“But i’m too lazy.” I whined.

“You only have to look at couple! I picked out the good ones for you.”

I sighed knowing Chungha unnie wasn’t going to give up. I took the folder that she handed me and started flipping through it. The first person name was Lee Haein. She was older than me and had experiences in office work. Jieqiong unnie suggested that whoever applies would need to attach a photo to the application because she wanted me to hire a good and pretty assistant, but that only led to earning a smack from a jealous Nayoung unnie. I thought Haein was pretty, but didn’t really catch my attention. She is qualify for the job though, I’ll just keep her in mind. The second applicant was Lee Suhyun. She had kind of a baby face. She actually graduated from the same high school I did, interesting. It didn’t really caught my attention though. The third applicant. This one is the one. This one caught my attention. Kim Doyeon. I can finally know the name to the beautiful stranger. She is the same age as me, but I’m older in terms of birthday month. She still goes to school. Wow must be hard going to school and having two jobs. She already has two jobs, why would she apply here? Her major is marketing. Hmm I wonder if she wants to work in the marketing department here…

“Earth to Yoodaeng.” Chungha unnie said.

“Huh, oh sorry. What’s up?”
“So anyone?” She asked.

“Her.” I said handing her Doyeon’s application.

“Really? Why her?”
“Because….”
“Wait she looks familiar, how do we know her?” Chungha unnie asked.

“Just call her for an interview please, or better yet just hire her!”
“Are you crazy? I have to interview first, we can’t just hire people without getting to know them a bit first.”

“Okay.” I sighed.

I was hoping that Chungha unnie would hire Doyeon. I’m really curious about her. Why does she need so many jobs? Is she single? What is she like?


I was walking to my office, when I noticed someone sitting at the outside table. I guess that’s my new assistant. I walked up closer and saw that it was none other than Kim Doyeon. Chungha unnie tricked me! She told me she hired Lee Haein, but here sits Doyeon. I guess she saw me so she got up.

“Hi,” She bowed politely, “you must be Yoojung.”

“That’s my name.” I said, “Doyeon, right?”
Doyeon nodded her head.
“Did Chungha unnie explained anything?”
“Just to listen to what you say, watch out for you, and basically just take care of you.” She answered.

“Yeah I guess that’s about right. Did you take a tour of the building yet?” I asked.

“Not yet, Chungha unnie said that someone is going to come soon and take me.”
This is going to be so unprofessional of me.

“That’s fine, I’ll do it.”

“Aren’t you the boss here? Don’t you have other stuff to do beside giving an employee a tour?” She asked in a confused tone.

“No it’s fine.” I smile.

“Okay, well lead the way.” She said.

I texted Chungha unnie telling her to cancel whoever she’s sending. Then we started off at the top of building since that was where my office was.

“Well throughout the building they’re mostly just offices that belong to other people. We have different departments too. They’re on different levels.” I explained.

Doyeon just nodded her head and her eyes shifting around. Then we went to the lower level visiting each department.

“On your application it said you’re a marketing major, is that what you want to do?” I asked.

“Yeah, I wanted to apply to be in the marketing department for your company, but there aren’t any openings. So I figure I should apply for something else here, so I can still get the gist of how it is like.”
“How are you going to manage it all? School, working at the amusement park, working at the cafe, and being my assistant? Being by my assistant means being on-call 24/7.”
“Ah so you are the girl from the amusement park and the cafe, I thought you looked familiar.”

I smiled because that was a week ago and she still remembered.

“Don’t worry, I’m good at time management.” She answered.

“Alright, but I’m a very harsh person, so don’t make any mistakes!” I warned her.

I lied though. I’m actually a really easy going person. I know that people make a lot of mistakes, as long as they’re not major ones then I don’t really mind and just let it slide.
“Yes ma'am!” She said cutely.

We continued with the tour, of course when we got to the market department she seems really interested. I showed her every little thing about the marketing department, because I’m pretty sure sooner or later I’m just gonna let her transfer there since that is what she wanted to do.

After the tour we went back to my office and she sat at her desk while I went back to work. I continued with the paperwork, but honestly I was just staring at her. She’s so beautiful, it’s really hard not to stare. I was only able to get back to work when Chungha unnie came.
“Here some more stuff for you to sign.” Chungha unnie said dropped stacks of paper on my table.

“Yay you’re the best.” I said sarcastically.

“So how’s Doyeon doing?”

“She’s good. She finishes all the tasks I give her quickly and she does it right.”
“That’s good, did YOU get any work done?”
“Pssssh...of course” I lied.

Chungha unnie rolled her eyes, “I was afraid that you would get distracted by her and I was right!”
“Don’t you have other work to do?” I asked changing the topic.

“My work is to tell you to focus and not gawk at Doyeon.”
I guess Doyeon heard her name this time and looked up. Chungha unnie and I quickly pretended to look at the paper seriously.

After Chungha unnie left, I just finished my work until it was late at night. I only knew it was late night because Doyeon came to me.
“It’s almost 10, shouldn’t you go home?” Doyeon asked.

“No I still have a lot of work to do, but you can be off now and go home. What time is your class tomorrow?” I asked.

“Early morning, then I have a short shift at the cafe, and after I’m coming back here.” She told me.

“Okay, if you’re too tired after school and work just tell me.” I said.

“I’ll be fine, thank you though. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” Doyeon said.

“Bye, have a goodnight.”
“You too!” She smiled then left.

I watched as she walked out the door. This girl can seriously be a model.

I continued doing my work and groaning as I grabbed the next assignment. I looked around the office and it’s so quiet. Everyone had already left. I wish I can go home, but at the same time it would still be the same. My house is really empty, there are maids and stuff, but it still gets lonely.

I was suddenly broke out of my thought when I hear my door opening. I was a bit startled cause who would be coming at midnight?

“Don’t be scared, it’s just me.” I heard Doyeon voice say.

“Oh, what are you doing back?” I asked.

“Thought you’d be too lonely.” she said as she placed a cup of coffee on my table.

“Thanks.” I gave her a grateful smile, “you should go back home now since you have an early class.”

“It’s okay, I’ll stay here and help you out.”

She grabbed a chair and sat next to me. I was just staring at her as she was doing this, so she gestured me to continue doing my work.

I felt a bit nervous having her near me and watching me do work. I would occasionally hand her some stuff that she can do, they were small stuff, but it actually helped me finish faster.

“Are you always like this?” She asked.

“Like what?”
“Staying up late finishing work, then coming back early and finishing even more work?”
“Yeah, that sounds like my life.” I gave a small chuckle.

“Aww that’s not a fun life.” She gave a small pout and my head, “a baby like you needs some fun.”

“You know I am your boss, right? I’m not a little kid!” I said crossing my arm.

Doyeon just stuck her tongue out in a playful manner.

“And you call me the baby.” I mumbled, but laughed.

Then I continued doing my work with her being beside me. Soon I heard a soft snore, and I looked over and saw Doyeon sleeping on the table. She looked so cute. I gently moved her hair out of her face. Then I gently woke her up.
“Doyeon-ah.” I whispered.

“Hmm…” she slowly raised her head.

“Go to sleep on the couch.” I said helping her up.
“I’m fine.” She said sleepily.

“No just sleep, okay?”

We got to the couch and she laid on it. I was about to walk away, but then she grabbed my hand.

“Come take a short nap.” She said.

“N-no, I’m g-good.” I blushed at the thought of sleeping beside her.

“Come on, I don’t bite. Right now we’re just friends, not boss and employee.” She said.

I gave in. I laid right next to her, but then we switched position. She made me sleep on the inside, making sure that I won’t fall off the couch, and then she hugged me tightly.

I’m cuddling with one of my employee on her first day… I want to say that this is so wrong, but it felt right.


Doyeon POV
“So how’s the office work?” Sohye asked.

“Good, not bad. I’ve only been there for a couple week, so I’m still learning.”
“How’s the boss?”
“Honestly, very cute and adorable.” I smiled.

“What?” Sohye asked in a confused tone.

“She’s our age… and she’s about a head shorter than me.”
“She’s our age?! Wow and she’s already a CEO to a big company.” Sohye said in amazement, “wait, did you say she’s cute and adorable?”
“Yup.” I nodded my head.

“Do you have a crush on your boss?” Sohye gasped.

“No! You dummy, I just think she’s cute and adorable.” I rolled my eyes.

“What kind of stuff does she have you do?”
“Just looking over paperworks to see if there are any mistakes, get her coffee, deliver stuff. Honestly half the time I just spend time doing my homework.”
“Wow it’s that chill?”
“Yeah, speaking of which I should get going. I start work in 10 minutes.”
“Alright, i’ll see you later then.”
The perks of living near the company is that I can take my time since it’s only about a 5 minute drive. As I pulled up into my parking spot, I went up to the highest floor and went straight to my desk.

“Doyeon-ah!” Yoojung called.

I walked up to her desk and gave her a questioning look.

“What can I help you with?” I asked.
“What are you doing later?”

I thought it was weird of her asking that. Did she wanted me to work more? Did she wanted to hangout?

“Nothing, why?”
“There’s a company party later, and we’re meeting with other companies too. I want you to come with me.”
“You mean as a date?” I asked her.

“W-what? N-no. No!” Yoojung quickly denied, her face turning red which I thought was super cute.

“Relax, I’m just kidding!” I laughed.

“You’re mean. How dare you tease your boss?” Yoojung crossed her arm.

“So what’s the dress code for this party?” I asked.

“Just semi-formal is fine.” Yoojung answered.

“Alright then, do you mind if I text my friend really quick to tell her to bring me some nice clothing?”
“Sure. The party isn’t for another 5 hours, so for now just organize these files and once you’re done you can get ready and we’ll go to the party together.”
Yoojung handed me a stack of folders. I internally groaned. I hate filing stuff. It gets so boring. I texted Sohye to help bring me a nice semi-formal dress and nice shoes, which she agreed to. I’m pretty sure she only agreed because she wanted to see how Yoojung look like. I’m always telling Sohye that Yoojung is really cute and stuff, which was true. I may or may not have a small crush on her, but I would never pursue because we’re on different levels in society. She’s well off and is already successful, while I’m juggling between three jobs, school, and taking care of my little siblings. Why would she want someone that is not set in life yet? I would consider us friends though. Since my work is really chill I would go and be near Yoojung watching her work. We’ve gotten pretty close, we share some details about our lives and laugh at dumb things. Sometimes I still think about my first day at work. I don’t know what came over me for me to come back and accompany her. I was even more surprised when we cuddled… After that night the next day was a bit awkward, but we got over that awkwardness. I want to say that that was the last time we cuddled to sleep, but it wasn’t. Whenever Yoojung would work late I end up staying too and we would sleep together for an hour or so. I think it is the best sleep I’ve ever gotten honestly.
“Doyeon-ah.” I looked up and saw Sohye.

“Oh wow you’re fast!”
“Fast? I came three hours after you texted me...I got stuck in traffic.” Sohye said, but I knew she’s lying.

“It’s been three hours?! , filing stuff makes time goes by pretty fast.”

“Here you go.” She said handing me my dress and shoes.

“Thanks you’re the best!” I said hugging her.

“Make sure to catch yourself a date.” She said winking at me before leaving.

I just rolled my eyes at her and put my dress aside and started doing work again. I looked over to Yoojung and saw her typing away on her computer. When I look at her I felt a bit of pity because she’s still a young adult, but she didn’t get to enjoy much of life since she’s constantly in the office. Ever since I started I always see her here, I asked her if she goes out often and she would just shake her head.

“Hey! Earth to Doyeon.” I heard Chungha unnie’s voice say, snapping me out of my daydream.

“Oh hi! Sorry!” I apologized.

“Don’t worry about it. Whatcha daydreaming about?” Chungha unnie asked.

“Nothing.” I answered.

“Probably the cute shorty in front of you, huh?” Chungha unnie winked.

“What? No!” I quickly denied.

“Whatever you say~ You’re going to the party, right? You should go get ready now. I’m going to tell Yoojung to get ready too.” Chungha unnie said then walked to Yoojung’s desk.

I grabbed my dress and headed to the restroom. It’s been a while since I dressed up nicely. After putting on the dress and doing a light make-up, I felt nice. I walked out of the restroom and ran into Chungha unnie and Yoojung.

“Oh , are you an angel?” Chungha unnie said.

“Thank you?” I said in an uncertain tone.

“Doesn’t she look nice?” Chungha unnie nudged Yoojung.

“Y-yeah.” Yoojung stuttered a bit, not making eye contact with me at all.

I noticed that they’re both already changed too, Chungha unnie seriously looked like a goddess, while Yoojung...honestly because she’s so small, I keep seeing her as cute. So right now she looked super cute.

“You guys don’t look so bad yourself.” I smiled.

“You should be my date for this.” Chungha unnie winked.

“I’m telling Sejeong unnie on you!” Yoojung said.

“Pssh ratting me out just cause you want Doyeon to yourself.”

“Alright, let’s go!” Yoojung said quickly pushing Chungha unnie.

Richass people. We were going to a hotel-like place through a limo. It was my first time being in a limo and I thought it was pretty interesting.

“First time in a limo?” Yoojung asked.

“Yeah, pretty obvious huh?”

“Your reaction is cute.” Chungha unnie smiled.

We got to the place and then we walked in. I see A LOT of nicely dressed up people. I really felt out of place. All these people are on a different social class than me. I honestly just wanted to leave this moment.

“Are you alright?” Yoojung whispered to me.

“Y-yeah. Just a bit overwhelmed I guess seeing a lot of rich people.”
“It’s alright, we’ll just be here for a bit and we can leave.” Yoojung gave a small squeeze on my hand.

“Hey guys!” A really beautiful person greeted us.

“Sejeong!” Chungha unnie said excitedly and hugged her and pecked her on the lips. Guess this is the Sejeong unnie I hear about a lot.

“Hey kiddo!” She said patting Yoojung on the head.

“Hey unnie, long time no see!” Yoojung hugged her, “How was China?”
“Fun! Who’s this? Your girlfriend?” Sejeong unnie winked at Yoojung.

“N-no! She’s my new assistant. Kim Doyeon.”
“Hi.” I smiled sticking my hand out.

“Hey, I hope Yoojung isn’t a mean boss.” She said shaking my hand.

“Let’s go inside!” Chungha unnie said pulling Sejeong unnie ahead.

Yoojung stuck her hand out, I guess for me to grab a hold of it? I didn’t mind, so I grabbed it and we walked in hand in hand.

Yoojung POV

Oh I am screwed. The moment Doyeon grabbed my hand I can feel that I officially have a crush on her. I have a crush on my assistant. She gave my hand a small squeeze and then we walked in. There were many people I didn’t recognize, and some people I do. Jieqiong unnie and Nayoung unnie came and joined us. I was happy to be in a group ish, it keeps away other people to come talk to me.

“Do you mind if I go get something to drink?” Doyeon asked.

“Yeah of course, go ahead.” I said.

“Umm, Yoojung-ah, I need my hand to go with me.” Doyeon smiled looking down at our intertwined hand.

“Oh! S-sorry!” I blushed.

“Cute.” She smiled, “did you wanted anything?”
“No I’m good thanks. We’ll still be here, so make sure not to get lost.”

“Okay.” Doyeon nodded and then walked off.

I watched her as she went to the drink table.

“You’re drooling.” Nayoung unnie.

“No I’m not!” I denied.

Who wouldn’t though? Doyeon seriously looked like a model in her cute dress and everything. I had to gather all my strength to not let my jaw drop when we saw her.

“Looks like Jinwoo isn’t only competing with your company, but also for Doyeon’s heart.” Jieqiong unnie nudged me.

I looked up and saw Jinwoo talking, well more like flirting, with Doyeon. Ugh I hate that guy. He’s always trying to be the best at everything. At first I didn’t care about a rival company, but whenever we came out with new products, he would come out with a new and better one. It’s so annoying. He always acts like he’s the best at everything too. It doesn’t help that he is good looking too, so it makes a lot of people fall for him.

I see him smiling with his million dollar smile, and Doyeon smiling back, which made me mad.

“Hey relax.” Chungha unnie grabbed my hand, I guess I clenched my fist.

“They’re coming.” Nayoung unnie sighed.

I looked again and saw him “escorting” her back here. I tried my best to hold down my glare as they came near.
“Yoojung-ah!” Jinwoo said.

“Oppa.” I said not trying to sound too mean.

“I was just meeting you assistant here. She seems like a really good worker.” He said.

“Yeah she’s really great.” I reached over and grabbed Doyeon’s hand and led her to be by my side.

“Is she also your date?” He asked.

“No.” I answered.

“Then do you want to dance with me?” He asked looking at Doyeon.

. Please say no.

“Umm sorry I want to stay with my friends.” She gave an apologetic smile.

Yes!

“It’s fine, you should go let loose a bit.” Sejeong unnie said.

I had to try my best not to glare at Sejeong unnie.

“Yeah come on, just one dance.” Jinwoo said putting his hand out.

“Okay sure why not.” Doyeon said taking in his hand.

Then they walked off to the dance floor and I turned to Sejeong unnie.

“Why did you let her go?” I asked.
“Why not? It’s a party, she should have some fun.” Sejeong unnie shrugged.

“Yah pabo, you just handed Yoojung’s crush to her competitor.” Chungha unnie flicked Sejeong unnie on the head.

“Your crush?” Sejeong unnie asked.

“Yeah..”
“Wait what?” Chungha unnie asked, “I was just teasing, but you really do have a crush on her?”
“Yeah.” I sighed.

“Aww poor baby.” Jieqiong unnie put her arms around my shoulder.

We couldn’t continue talking because other people started coming to us to greet us. I tried my best to put on a smile and greet them. My eyes would drift to Doyeon though. She was smiling happily as she was dancing with him. I felt mad. Jealous. Sad. Irritated. That should be me. I don’t know why I’m feeling this. I felt mad at Doyeon, but I shouldn’t. We’re just friends...but then the way that we act I feel like there’s something more between us. Well I want something more, but maybe that’s just how Doyeon treats all of her friends.

“Tough night?” The bartender asked.

“Yeah.” I sighed.

I left my group since they were being all couple-like and I didn’t want to disturb them so I went to the open bar and got some drink. Maybe I was drinking a little too much. I didn’t have that much high alcohol tolerance to begin with anyways. I didn’t care though, I just wanted to drink to forget. Why am I heartbroken when nothing happened between Doyeon and I? Why would she choose me when Jinwoo is perfect in every way? I heard my phone beeping, so I struggled it out of my purse.

Where are you? Doyeon is with us, she just told her that Jinwoo offered her a job in his marketing department -Chungha unnie.

. I knew it! Of course he’s gonna try to get her away from me. I didn’t reply, instead I just continued drinking.


Doyeon POV
This girl. I wonder why she drank so much last night?

Flashback

After I had finished dancing with Jinwoo oppa, I went back to them. I was only able to find Chungha unnie and Sejeong unnie though. Since I was with them I told them about what Jinwoo oppa said to me. While we were dancing we had a small conversation. He asked me how I started working at Yoojung’s company and I answered saying that I’m interested in marketing. Then he just boldly offered me a job. I told him that he doesn’t even know me, but he said that if Yoojung hired me I must be qualified. I didn’t give him an answer though.

Sejeong unnie and Chungha unnie told me how his company is rivaled with Yoojung’s, which makes it harder for me to make my decision. If I were to say yes it’s like betraying her.

After talking to them I went looking for Yoojung. As I was walking I saw a small figure that I knew was Yoojung at the bar. When I got closer she was slurring a bit and still drinking.

“Yah, Yoojung-ah. Are you alright?” I asked.

“Dooooooooyeon.”
“Come on, I’ll get you home.”

“I don’t want to gooo home..”
I helped her off the chair and then called for a taxi. I texted Chungha unnie about what was happening and she told me to take her back home and take care of her. She said that she would come later to check up on Yoojung.

We got back to her house and I helped her in bed and I stayed with her the whole night because Chungha unnie was a liar and never came.

Flashback End

Now morning has came and Yoojung is starting to stir in her sleep. I decided to make some hangover soup for her since I’m pretty sure she’s gonna get one. I don’t drink often, but I do have some friends that drink a lot so this soup always helped them.

After finishing it, I brought it over and place it on the nightstand, then I went to gently wake her up.

“Yoojung-ah, wake up.” I whispered gently

She didn’t answer or even move.

“Hey wake up.” I said a bit louder.
“I don’t want to.” Yoojung said in a baby voice.

“Get up lazy.”
“Unnie, I don’t wanna.” Yoojung whined.

“Unnie? You can call me an unnie if you want.”
Yoojung opened her eyes and saw that it was me and her eyes widened.

“Oh I thought you were Chungha unnie.”
“Are you disappointed?”
“Of course not, I’m happy that it’s you. She would have killed me.”
Yoojung slowly got up and held her head and started groaning.

“Here have some.” I said handing her the bowl.
“What is it?”
“Hangover soup.”
“It’s not gonna kill me, right?” Yoojung looked a bit uncertain.

“You know what, I hope your hangover gets worse.” I said taking the bowl away from her.

“No! I was just kidding!” Yoojung took the bowl back.

She started blowing on it and then eat it. I just stared at her as she was eating.

“Did you stay here all night?” Yoojung asked.

“Yeah Chungha unnie was supposed to come so I can go home, but she canceled last minute.”
“Oh… I’m sorry for being a hassle and taking up your time.” Yoojung apologized, there was a hint of sadness in her voice.

“It’s fine, I don’t mind. I like taking care of you.” I smiled.

Yoojung gave a small smile and continued eating. I don’t know why, but I started her hair and patting her head.

“Why did you drink so much last night?” I asked in a gentle voice.

“I just wanted to take away stress.” Yoojung answered.

“But alcohol isn’t the way to do, if you need you relieve stress I’m here! I’m here to listen to all your worries and troubles.” I smiled.
“But we just met ish.”
“Wow and here I thought we were friends.” I sighed.

“No, I didn’t mean it like that!” Yoojung quickly say.

“You can take care of yourself, right?” I asked pretending to sound mad and started walking away.

“Doyeon-ah! Wait, don’t go!” Yoojung quickly got out of bed to stop me.

I continued walking, but stopped when Yoojung grabbed my wrist.

“Of course we’re friends, we’re really good friend. You’re an amazing friend who took care of me when I was drunk and I love you for that.” She said.

“Alright you’re forgiven.” I smiled and patted her head.

I led her back to bed and helped tuck her in. I figured with that huge hangover of hers, she wouldn’t want to do anything.

“Come lay with me.” Yoojung said patting to the spot next to her.

“Why?”
“Because you probably didn’t get any sleep because of me, so just lay with me.” Yoojung gave me her puppy dog eyes, which Chungha unnie warned me about. She was right, you can’t say no to that face.

I went around the bed and laid beside her. It felt weird because I was feeling nervous. I’m laying in bed with my boss, that’s why. It’s not because I like her or anything or think that she’s super cute and I just want to kiss those adorable lips…this is what I always think before I lay next to her, no matter how many times we've slept together.

“Comfortable? Yoojung asked.

“Yup.” I said.

Yoojung scooted closer to me and wrapped her arm around me, surprising me a bit, but I draped an arm over her.

“Are you going to leave me?” Yoojung asked in a soft voice.

“Why would I leave you?” I asked.

“I heard Jinwoo oppa offered you a job…”
“I’m still thinking.”
“Please don’t leave. I really like you.” Yoojung hugged me tighter.

“I’m not going anywhere.”

Soon I heard the soft snores of Yoojung and felt happy at her sleeping. I love staring at her sleeping face because it’s when she look most relaxed.


Yoojung POV

“YOOJUNGIEEEEE” I heard a piercing scream and looked up.

Yerin unnie. She was running towards me with that crazy smile of hers. Ah she’s back.

“Hey Yerin unnie.” I said.

“Wow you’re not happy to see me?” Yerin unnie asked, putting her hands on her hip.

“No I am.” I faked smile.

She gave me a hug, which I returned, except she was squishing me really hard though.

“How have you been?” She asked.

“Good, pretty busy though. What about you? How come you’re back?”

“I’m moving back to Korea! Isn’t that great? We can catch up where we left of.”
Before I could say anything Yerin unnie leaned in and kissed me. I was caught off guard, so I kind of just stood there awkwardly. When I came back to my senses I gently pushed her off, which made her let go of me.

“Ummm...sorry to bother you guys, but Chungha unnie told me to bring you these contracts to sign.” Doyeon was standing near the door.

how long has she been standing there?
“Okay you can just put it on my table.” I said.

“Who is this?” Yerin unnie raised her eyebrows.

“This is Doyeon, she’s my assistant.”

“Oh interesting. Hi I’m Yerin, Yoojung’s girlfriend. Part owner of the company.” She smiled and stuck her hands out.
“Ex-girlfriend. More like 5% owned.” I corrected her.

“Nice to meet you.” Doyeon smiled and shook Yerin unnie hand.

Then Doyeon just nodded her head in respect and walked out. I was a bit worried of what she would think? Does this make me a bad person? Doyeon and I would always flirt and act like a couple ish, but we never really said anything. So seeing that would she feel hurt? If I were to see Doyeon kissing someone I would feel hurt too…

“Ahhh why did you say you were my girlfriend? Things are over between us.” I said.
“Things aren’t over between us though, it was put on a break when I left. Now I’m back so things can resume.”

“Let’s talk about this later, I have a lot of work to do. Are you just gonna hang here or go somewhere?” I asked.

“I’m gonna relax here.” Yerin unnie said and took a seat next to my chair.

I sighed and sat on my chair and continue doing work. Back when my parents were alive, they were close to Yerin unnie’s family. They thought we’d be the perfect power couple. They always encouraged us to hangout together and stuff. Soon we got together and both of our parents were really happy. I was happy, Yerin unnie was happy. I don’t know why though, but things started changing. Yerin unnie changed. She became more of snobbish spoiled brat, she also got jealous very easily. Then her parents wanted her to study abroad, so we ended things. I didn’t mind because by then I kind of lost feelings for her. I didn’t think she would be back already and would want to resume our relationship.

“Hey Yoojung-ah, you have a meeting soon.” Doyeon said from the doorway.

“Wow an assistant calling their boss by their first name so casually, how rude.” Yerin unnie scoffed.

“It’s fine, I told her to call me casually.” I said.

Doyeon looked a bit taken back though, which I felt really bad.

As I was making my way, Yerin unnie was joining me for the meeting and so did Doyeon. Doyeon was walking behind Yerin unnie and I. It felt weird, usually Doyeon would be beside me. When we walked into the meeting room I see my friends looking at me with wide eyes because of Yerin unnie. I only sighed in response.

The meeting started out with the presenter from each department sharing their ideas. Doyeon had went out to get me some coffee, which was normal. I felt a bit sleepy seeing all these presentations, but as a boss I had to be interested and give them some opinions. Since Yerin unnie was here today she was the one that was saying her opinion and mostly doing the talking.

When Doyeon came back, she was behind me placing the coffee on the table for me, but I don’t know why, she must have tripped or something because she stumbled a bit and the coffee was spilled all over the table and me.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” Doyeon quickly apologized.

“It’s fine, don’t worry.” I smiled.

“Yah are you stupid? Leave. I’ll handle this.” Yerin unnie yelled.
Doyeon looked really apologetic and left. I felt so guilty. It’s simple mistake and she got yelled because of it. I gotta remember to go talk to Doyeon later and hope that she’s okay.

The rest of the meeting was boring. I felt myself falling asleep a lot, usually Doyeon would be by my side pinching me if she notices that I’m about to fall asleep, but this time I didn’t have her so I had to try my hardest to stay away.

“Hey let’s go find Doyeonnie.” I said after the meeting is over.

“Yeah, I wonder if she’s okay.” Chungha unnie said a bit worriedly.

“Felt weird not having her in the meeting with us.” Sejeong unnie sighed.

“Yeah, let’s go find her.” Jieqiong unnie said.

“Wow. why are you all so worried about some assistant? You guys don’t even greet me and we haven’t seen each other in so long.” Yerin unnie said in a mad tone.

“Oh right, sorry.” Chungha unnie apologized, “hey Yerin, how are you?”

“Good, it’s nice to be back and be beside Yoojungie.” Yerin unnie smiled.

“How come you’re back? Sejeong unnie asked.

“Japan is boring.” Yerin unnie shrugged.

We walked back to our offices and continued talking, the whole time I couldn’t stop thinking about Doyeon though. I felt so bad. When we got to my office I saw Doyeon sitting at her desk doing work, I was gonna go up to talk to her, but Yerin unnie grabbed my hand and basically dragged me into the office.

Before I went in the office Doyeon looked up and we made eye contact. I mouthed the word “sorry” and she gave me a small smile and shook her head.


Doyeon POV

Do you feel a bit better?” Sohye asked me.

“Mmm not really, but thank you for the effort though.” I smiled.

Sohye has been trying to cheer me up for the past three days, but it’s not really working. Sometimes I would smile, but the smile doesn’t reach my eyes like how it use to.
“Forget that job, why don’t you work for that Jinwoo guy?”

“I don’t know...I feel like I’m betraying Yoojung if I do.” I sighed.

“Didn’t she betrayed you by firing you?”
“Technically it wasn’t her…”
“She did sign the paper though.”
I didn’t have an answer, I only sighed in response. After the whole coffee incident thing, later that day when I went home I got a letter delivered to my house. It was a termination paper. I was shocked. I’ve made bigger mistakes before, but to get fired over spilling coffee? After I got the letter I made my way back to the company to talk to Yoojung, but before I even entered the building, I ran into her ex-girlfriend or girlfriend or whatever.

Flashback

“Are you here to talk to Yoojung about your termination?” Yerin asked.

“Yup, so if you don’t mind moving out of my way.”

I was a bit irritated with her because she was the one that tripped me when I was putting the coffee on the table. I don’t know what her problem is, but she is giving me the really y vibe.

“She’s busy right now.” She said.

“Then I’ll just wait for her.”
“There’s no point in talking to her. Can’t you see she doesn’t want you working here anymore? There’s a reason why she signed the paper.”
“I would still like to talk to her about it.”

“Look, I know you have a crush on her and all, but get your head back in reality. You guys are different. She’s on top of the world, while you’re barely living in the world. You guys are not fit to be together.”
“I don’t know who exactly you are, but I rather have Yoojung tell me all of this than some delusional person who thinks they’re still with Yoojung, even after Yoojung called you an ex.”
Next thing I knew my cheeks started stinging from the sudden slap I got. Gotta admit, I should have seen it coming.

“You really do have the guts. The thing is though, I have more power than you. So get out of here before I get security and if you think about coming here again in the future, the securities will find you.”

“Alright then. I wish you the best of luck between you and Yoojung.” I said, trying my best to be the bigger person. Mainly because she was right, she does have more power than I do.

Flashback End

Yoojung, Chungha unnie, Sejeong unnie, Jieqiong unnie, Mina, and even Nayoung unnie tried contacted me, but I didn’t response. Even though Yerin was a , she had a point. All these people, my so call friends, they’re different from me. We live in different worlds. I can never be one of them, and I pray that they will never have to live with what I have. Yoojung and I cannot be together. I would just be bringing her down. Maybe this was for the best.

Yoojung and the others tried coming to my house, but I would just hide in my room while Sohye lie to them and say that I went back to my hometown to visit my family and won’t be back for a while. Which was somewhat true...Sohye got tired of me moping around the house so she took me away from the city and went back to our hometown. School was on vacation, and Sohye went behind my back and asked for the amusement park and cafe to give me some days off. I was really appreciative towards her.

I was pulled out of my thought when I felt someone poking my cheek.

“Unnie, play with me!” Minju, my little sister, pouted.

“Unnie’s tired, let’s play later okay?”

Minju continue pouting then she climbed on the bed and laid on top of me.

“Is unnie sad about something?”
“Of course I’m not, I have you in my arms right now, so I’m really happy.” I hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head, making her giggle.

“I miss you! Yoondong oppa isn’t fun to play with, he doesn’t like playing with dolls or anything.”

“Aww, I’ll come visit more often next time then.”
“Yay!” Minju squealed in happiness.

I smiled and continued hugging her. Her small figure reminded me of Yoojung. I miss hugging Yoojung. She was small and fit right into me. I miss cuddling with her, even though she was my boss. I miss her smile and childish antics. I miss how she’s such a great boss and really cares about everyone and everything. I miss how she treats her friends. Ugh I miss everything about that girl. I have to let her go though. No matter what how much I like her, she deserves better.


Yoojung POV

Kim Doyeon where in the world are you? She’s been missing for a week and it’s killing me. She won’t answer any of my calls or texts. The others tried contacting her, but no use. Sohye won’t tell us anything. Why am I so stupid? I didn’t hear about Doyeon being fired until couple days later. I just thought she was just taking a break or was sick or something. Later when Chungha unnie told me I confronted Yerin unnie about it. She didn’t even deny it. She said Doyeon wasn’t fit to be my assistant. Then we got into a huge fight. I was finally standing up for myself. I told her that things are over for us and it will never start again because my heart belong to someone else. She got mad. I got mad. She started crying. I just stared at her crying. She told me she never wanted to see me again, which I didn’t mind. Then she actually never came back to my company again. Her parents contacted me, but I just explained to them the situation and they understood and apologized on her behalf.

“Hey pouty face, how are you?” Chungha unnie asked as she walked in and placed a cup of coffee on my table.

“I miss Dodo.” I sighed.
“Really? Dodo? That’s the best nickname you can come up with?”
“You know what, what matter is that she liked it!” I crossed my arm.

“Alright alright,” Chungha unnie said patting my head, “so how are you going to find her?”
“I don’t know…”

“Well that’s why I’m here. I went to the cafe she works at, they said she’ll be back to work tomorrow.”
“What?! Really?! You mean it?!” I asked frantically.

“No I’m just kidding, she’s actually working right now. That’s where I got the coffee from.”
“What?! You’re not lying, right? Unnie I have no time for games.”

“I’m serious, she’s working right now.”
“Thank you unnie!” I hugged her and ran off.

I felt my heart pounding a lot as I ran to the cafe. When I got to the entrance I tried to look for Doyeon through the glass, but I couldn’t really see so I opened the door and went inside. When i looked at the counter I still couldn’t find it. Chungha unnie wouldn’t lie…

Just then I saw Doyeon walking out of the employee room and we instantly made eye contact. Doyeon looked panicked a bit, she was about to turn to go back, but I yelled out, “wait!”
Doyeon sighed and turned my way. She just stood there so I ran to her.

“Let’s talk.” I said.

“Ugh Chungha unnie really is a liar.” Doyeon mumbled, but I still heard her.

It was quiet, then I grabbed her wrist and led her outside. I felt really nervous. I don’t know what to say, I didn’t think this through.

As we sat down on a bench, Doyeon sat kind of far from me so I scooted closer. Then she scooted the other way. So I scooted even closer, she couldn’t scooted anymore because the armrest was blocking her.

“.” She mumbled out.

“You said you weren’t going anywhere, but you left.” I said bitterly.

“I’m sorry.”

“Doyeon-ah, why’d you disappear?” I asked.

Doyeon didn’t answer, she only looked down.
“Dodo.” I said gently.

“I just thought it’d be for the best.” Doyeon answered.

“For who? For me? Do you know how sad I’ve been this whole week?”
“I’m sorry…”
“That’s all you have to say?”
Doyeon looked up, giving a smile that I can tell wasn’t real, “you and Yerin-shi make a good couple. You should be happy with her and don’t bother about me.”
“I don’t like Yerin unnie. Like I said before, I like you. I like you a lot.” I took a deep breath, “I want to be with you Doyeon-ah.”

We kind of just stared at each other for a bit. I felt Doyeon coming closer, then her hands reaching up to cup my face. Then she leaned in and captures my lips. I was surprise, but I responded. Before I can fully respond, she pulled back, making me miss her lips already.

“I’m sorry, this is selfish of me.” She said, her tone sounded like she was about to cry. Then she got up and ran away, while I was there dumbfounded at the situation.


After Doyeon ran away from me I went back to the company, and rushed on all my work. Now I’m still outside Doyeon’s apartment waiting for her. The lights aren’t on so I’m gonna assume that she’s not home yet. I continued pacing around the front door waiting and thinking of what to say. What did she mean by being selfish? How is being with me being selfish?
“Yoojung?”
I looked up and saw Sohye.

“Sohye! I missed you!” I hugged her, “where’s Doyeon?”

“She texted me saying she’ll be home in 10 minutes. Why are you here?”
“I want to talk to Doyeon.”
“Yoojung-ah let me ask you something, do you really like Doyeon?”

“Yes, I like her a lot.”
“And you would be fine being with her? Despite the difference between you guys?”

“What difference? You mean height difference?” I asked confused at her words.

“Dummy.” She said flicking my head, “you’re hella rich and she’s well a bit below average.”
“Oh that!” I realized what she meant, “I don’t care about that. She can be living on the street and I would still want to be with her. If she wanted, I would live with her in this apartment if it means I can be with her.”
“Hmm I approve of you then.” Sohye smiled.

We both stopped talking when we saw Doyeon standing staring at us.

“I’m gonna go inside.” Sohye said and went into the apartment.
“Hi.” I said.

“Sorry…” Doyeon said.

“You say that a lot.”
I walked over and hugged her tightly. She returned the hug. We just stayed holding each other, not wanting to let go. It felt really nice.
Sadly all good thing must come to an end, because we parted.

“What is selfish of you?” I asked.

“You and me being together. You deserve so much better. I shouldn’t be selfish and hold you back.”
“But I want to be with you. And I’m pretty sure having you by my side would make me better instead. My health has improved because I’m getting the sleep I need due to your nagging. I also finish my work faster because you’re there to keep me company and help me out.”
“My nagging? Oh please you like my nagging and me cuddling with you.” Doyeon scoffed.

“I do. I can’t go on without it. My bed feels empty without you.”
Doyeon didn’t respond, she just blushed.

“Don’t have anymore doubts, please? Just give it a chance and be with me.”
Doyeon looked a bit uncertain, but then I gently grabbed her face and kissed her. Both Doyeon and I melted into the kiss. This time Doyeon didn’t pull away, instead she deepened the kiss making my heart race faster. I’ve been with other people and no kiss has ever felt this good.

“So yes?” I asked breathing heavily as we parted.

“Let’s give us a chance.” Doyeon smiled.

I smiled wide and hugged her tightly. Then we went into her apartment and relaxed. I asked Chungha unnie to come over, which she happily accepted.

“So Doyeon-ah, you and Yoojungie are officially together, right? So that means you won’t leave anymore?” Chungha unnie asked.

Doyeon nodded her head.

“Good! I’m tired of having this munchkin mope around saying stuff like ‘where’s my Dodo, I miss her’”
I felt my face reddened from embarrassment.

“Aww you missed me that much?” Doyeon cooed.

“Whatever.” I mumbled crossing my arm.

“Don’t worry, I’m here to stay.”
“Promise?”
“I promise.”
We hooked our pinky together and made a promise to always be here for each other.


I think this is the longest one shot I've ever written.

Again sorry if it seems like I skip time a lot and forget the small details, i just hate writing small details haha. I want to get to the point.

Thank you for reading & subscribing & commenting c:

Sorry if there are any spelling errors or grammar errors!