3: Jealousy ~ Fights

WHOLE

Author's Note: Hi guys, i did mention that WHOLE will be updated slowly compared to "OTHER HALF" right? The updates of WHOLE will be randomly released. So i suggest you subscribe now to be updated. I'm releasing the chapters without announcing anything. I'm getting busy these days since you know... COLLEGE LIFE. ^_^ So yeah, I'm sorry for that.

 

Leave a comment and upvote! Thanks in advance. Sorry for the delay. xoxo~ <3
 

-ChekkyChoding9195 :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

After driving around, I decided to go home in Topaz. I know Myungsoo will be there since i named that unit under his and my name once I leave the country. Everything I need to fix was fixed to keep me relax while I do my thing in Spain with all those five years. I've been battling with everyone in our clan for this, there's no way I'll be affected just because Myungsoo is kissing someone in that bar.

I can easily asked them to close it down if I'm too distracted about it.

Anyway, I reached Topaz after awhile and was now drying my hair since I just took a bath once i got home, when the front door open. I took a step back to see who it was and it was... Yerin. She's the housekeeper and was surprised to see me. Of course, she'll remember me.

"Hi, Yerin."

"Sungyeol-oppa?! When did you arrived? Does Myungsoo-oppa knows you're back?"

I nod and continue drying my hair grab something to drink and closed the fridge.

"Do you not need me anymore as your housekeeper?" Yerin asked sadly.

"Oh no. We just... don't need you for tonight. We might fight once he knew I'm here, so you better leave... why are you here anyway?"

"Myungsoo-oppa asked me to come and cook some soup since he thinks he'll be having a hang over if he won't have one tonight... so I brought the ingredients with me."

"Oh, that's good then. I'll do it. You can go home now. Sorry for disturbing you this late." I grab the paper bag from her then turn to her again. "Does Myungsoo always do this? I mean, calling you late at night just to cook for him? Cause I know he's a very good cook..."

"Well, I can't say he doesn't, but he rarely call for me at night. And when he did, it's not exactly him calling me... but his bodyguard Yoseob and Gikwang. They don't have the access inside this unit. And I'm only using a card to enter. I don't exactly know the pass code. This card given to me is to open this door without the pass code. He decided to hand it to me and not to any of his bodyguard."

I ate one carrot since I'm starting chopping while she's talking. "And whenever he did call, what's the reason?"

"Oh, he's drunk and all. He needs someone to take him inside his room... but he asked us not to bring him inside his room... but your room when he's that helpless."

I smiled to that. "Is he doing that always? I mean, getting drunk?"

Yerin nods as she sat down on one of the seat in the counter. "He used to drink a lot. Then sleep outside the terrace garden."

"I see... he didn't... he didn't take anyone home right?"

"I... don't think so. Cause I'm here every morning. At 5am to help him with his clothes... and I am yet to encounter someone coming out of his room. And he's always in your room, Oppa."

Again, I smiled widely to that. But our conversation was cut off when  Myungsoo came in holding his coat in one hand and his key placed over the table where I left my key too. I put back my mad face and didn't talk to him. Yerin might be feeling the tension so she tried to excuse herself. But Myungsoo asked her before leaving her seat.

"I thought I asked you to make some soup?"

"You did, sir. But Sungyeol-op--- I mean, sir Sungyeol asked if he could do the honor---"

"He's not the one I asked--"

"Yerin, you can go now. Thanks for your effort to come just to take care of some drunkard man."

"What---"

"Go now, Yerin. I told you, we'll fight once he's home. Please continue being here in the morning for breakfast."

"O-okay op-- I mean, sir."

"You can drop the Sir. You called me 'Sungyeol-oppa' earlier."

"O-okay Sungyeol-oppa. I'll get going then."

I just nod.

When Yerin is gone, I continue cooking the soup depending on the ingredients. Its a chicken carrot soup. So, it won't hurt me if I cooked some.

I tasted the soup and realized that I was being watched all along. But I didn't mind his presence. Until he sat down on the seat Yerin vacated.

"Why are you here?"

"You're really asking me that? This is our unit."

"This is my unit after you left me five years ago."

I grabbed the salt and measured it wisely before putting it inside the soup. "Unfortunately for you, I named this unit under our names. So this unit is ours."

Myungsoo shrug and ready to leave his seat. "Oh well, I can always moved out--"

"No way in hell you'll move out. As if you'll move in with your parents house." I continue stirring the soup while I looked at Myungsoo. Oh how I missed him...

"Unfortunately for you too, I find my dad less distracting than you..."

"Oh, so I'm distracting? I'm sorry for that--"

"Cut the crap, Sungyeol. You know exactly why I can't live with you again. And I told you, I'm no longer yours."

"Said by someone who's still wearing our promised ring..." I shove the ladle near his lips urging him to have some. He ended up closing his lips tightly but I continue poking for entrance. "Grandma taught me how to cook, and you promised to taste all my cooking. Quit being an and let it inside your mouth. You'll love it."

He tried to talk but I took that as a chance to shove the ladle inside his mouth and he gasped. I then put the ladle down and removed my apron.

"Its good right? I told you, I learned a few things from Grandma while I'm away."

I turn back at him and grab some water bottle from the fridge. And when I turn to him again, I saw him eating straight from the pot and I put the water bottle to his side.

Myungsoo doesn't seem to mind me watching him and continue eating.

"This is good. For starters."

I smirked. "Five years I've been away from you and learning this and that from my grandparents back in Spain... there's no way I'm a starter... Myungsoo, breath. You'll die shoving soup continuously inside your mouth."

But he didn't listen so I grab a tissue to wipe the excess soup over his mouth. He doesn't seem to mind that either. "So, will you tell me why you left?"

I stopped wiping his mouth and he continue eating while waiting for me to answer.

"I can't. Yet."

"I see. I'm not gonna wait for you, just so you know."

"Said by someone who waited for me for five years--"

"Don't flatter yourself."

I smiled and run my fingers through his hair. And after that, I put my chin over my palm and continue watching him eat. "You're mine, though. We've been engaged for five years now."

He raise one eyebrow. "Who says?"

"I just did. You can always ask your Dad about it."

"And why would I do that? I'm not even curious..."

"Myungsoo, drop the act okay? I know you still want me. There's no way you'll let me pamper you if you don't. Lets save ourselves from all the pain. You already hurt me there--"

"How thick is your face, Lee Sungyeol? As far as I can remember, I was left by you. You are the one to ruin us. And I'm the one in pain, not you."

Myungsoo left his seat and approach his bedroom door. But before he actually went inside. "I won't be yours if you won't tell me anything. I don't want anything to do with you again if you won't tell me all the things I wanted to hear."

"Can't you wait till our engagement night?"

" yourself, Lee Sungyeol. There's no way I'll get engaged with you."

He closed the door forcefully and I was left dumbfounded.

My mind is running wild thinking on how to keep Myungsoo in place until our engagement night. He might think I'm ing bluffing, but I'm not really the one to joke on this. And the reasons I have for him, is for his and my benefit. Its for us.

How could he think I left him without anything in my mind planned?

I closed my eyelids as I grabbed the remote to control the lights inside our unit. Just like how I did it when I took him to bed the night he was talking to himself back in the terrace garden asking me desperately to come home...

I heard him that night. His sobs. His demands. I was there that night. Behind the doors. I was about to run towards him, but realized it's not the right time to do that. So I stopped myself.

So I was kinda confident that he'll still take me. But I was wrong.

--

The next day, when I woke up, Myungsoo is already dressed to work. And have I already told you how hot he is?

He saw me and turn around as he fix the buttons in his sleeves.

"Good morning, Myungsoo--"

"Yerin, I'm leaving."

"Huh? But I just finished cooki--"

"I'll eat in the office. Thanks."

He walked pass by me but I held him before he could even walk another step. "What the , Myungsoo? If you don't want to see my face, just say so! I can be out of your sight in no time--"

He suddenly grabbed my arms and there's no denying the look in his eyes that he's shaken. His hands are trembling as he held me, but as soon as he realized that he's gripping me tightly, he let go and cleared his throat.

"I'm running late, okay? I need to hurry. I've been... late for two consecutive weeks now. I.. hate fighting with Dad."

"I... see. Sorry for holding you. I thought you..."

"Its okay. I'll get going. I need to... I really need to go."

He run towards the door and I kinda get worried when he bumped his head to the door and I removed the security lock from the inside. He murmur a thanks and I bid him goodbye.

I sat down in our sofa, smiling to myself as Byeol and Aga run towards me and lay down in both of my sides.

"Myungsoo still wants me... he's just stopping himself to want me since I'm yet to tell him everything."

"Um, Sungyeol-oppa, the table is prepared now. I need to hurry up and go to college or I'll be late."

"Sure Yerin. Thanks for your time."

She smiled and exited the unit.

After I ate, I cooked Myungsoo his food and placed it well inside the lunch box. I can't believe I'm doing this. He used to do it for me. But I just shrug. Maybe it's time for me to do the same since I'm the one wooing now.

I took a bath and wear anything casual since I've got no plans going to office now. And it's not like I'm needed there now. I just came back and I want to rest more. Handling GSSC management, taking control over the branches of our resorts in Spain and studying at the same time drained me. For five long years without communication to anyone from Korea kills me the most. Not seeing Myungsoo... my friends and family is hell. Living there always feels like hell.

I drove back to KGC and I was greeted by the Kim's employee. They know me as the Lee's son so it's only natural to give me respect.

I rode the VIP elevator meant for the members of the family, boards and other important person.

"Wait!"

I clicked the button to keep the elevator open and was surprised to see Sowon.

"Oppa!"

"Hello, Sowon. How are you?"

"Have they met you already?" She asked panting.

"Yeah. Last night they come to see me in LGC. What are you doing here?"

"Work, of course. I'm one of the board members here right?"

"Oh yeah."

I forgot that Sowon's family are one of the biggest share holders.

"How about you Oppa?"

"What?"

"What are you doing here? LGC is thirty minutes away from here and you're not wearing a suit and tie."

I lift the paper bag in holding to show it to Sowon. "I came to drop this on his table. He did not eat before leaving our unit."

"Oh! You're back together?!" she asked beaming me a happy face.

"Not quite. He says he doesn't want me anymore..."

"That's so not true." she says with a giggle. "He's so desperate stopping himself from going to where you are in those five years! There's no way he won't want you now."

I smiled to Sowon and let out a giggle. "He told me that, but I know it's not true. His body reacts the moment I mention something about leaving--"

I stopped as soon as the elevator doors open, showing Myungsoo and some other man.

"I'll be going now Mr. Kim.. Oh, young Jung! And... the heir of Lee family?"

I bow towards the old man like Sowon does. And I can see Myungsoo's surprise face from here.

"Mr. Kaido. Right? Its a surprise to see you here..."

"Oh, I'm the one who should be surprise. You're back here in Korea, I just met you in Spain three months ago! Are you back for good?"

I let out a smile and nod. "I am."

"What are you up to now?"

"I'm doing business with the new set of investors. Have you heard about the plans for building a new resort outside Seoul?"

"Oh! That big project! You'll be killing a lot of company for doing that, Young Lee! You just came back and you're doing business like how you always does it."

"We have to work for a living, Mr. Kaido." I said as we move out of the elevator. I move to where Myungsoo and Sowon is listening to us.

"But I'm still hoping you to meet my grand daughter, Young Lee. I heard from your father that you're already engaged though..."

I laugh internally as I feel Myungsoo stiffen beside me so I decided to play some games. "But I am not... you're not the kind to listen to rumors, Mr. Kaido..." I laugh as Mr. Kaido's eyes widen in delight.

"You're not yet engaged?! Really? Then how come your father says you are?"

"The partner I came back for here in Korea doesn't want me anymore... sadly." I said trying to sound really sad then I smiled again. "So I don't think I'm ready for another relationship yet..."

"Then if you don't mind, take my card and if you're ready to love again, you can try asking my granddaughter out!"

"That would be nice... thanks Mr. Kaido."

"Anything for you, Young Lee."

When he stepped inside the elevator and the door closes, I face Myungsoo who has his arms crossed. I smirked at him.

"What business do I have with you, Mr. Lee?"

"Nothing. Brought your breakfast, Love--"

"Stop calling me that if you're so willing to meet some millionaires daughter!"

I raise a brow. "Am I hearing jealousy?"

"No you're not!" He took the paper bag from me and I followed him to his office with Sowon on my side. She gave me a smack on my arm and smiled sheepishly.

"He's jealous..."

"He is."

"I told you I am not! Why are you here Sowon?"

"Oh yeah, I need to discuss some things with you, Oppa."

"I see. Have a seat... you? What are you doing here?"

"I told you, I brought your breakfast. You didn't eat before leaving."

"You already gave me the lunch box, you may leave now."

"Don't you think it should be called 'breakfast box' since it's breakfast inside?"

He gave me a glare and I just innocently smile and decided to leave.

"I'm leaving then.--"

"Where are you going?"

I grab the door handle and look back on Myungsoo. Worried face greeted me and he's standing behind his executive chair.

"I'll meet your father? Since I have business with him..."

"What business? Will you leave again?"

I tried to stop myself from smiling but I couldn't. He's acting so nervous for someone who keeps on saying he doesn't want me.

"I'll only leave your office, meet your dad, leave KGC, and meet with whoever among our friends who aren't busy. Then go home. In Topaz. I promise to be there before you even go home."

He sigh in relief and sat back down on his executive chair. "Can I leave now?"

"Y-yes."

"Okay. I'll see you."

He nods then I went outside his office to meet his Dad. I need to discuss something with him and I know he'll meet me whenever. I rode the elevator again only to meet my Dad already on it.

"Going up?"

"Yeah."

"What are you doing here, son?"

"I'm going to meet your lover."

"Tone it down, someone might hear you!"

"I still can't believe you got him back, Dad."

Dad gave me a shy smile and lean against the elevator walls. "Me too. How about you? Have you talked it out with Myungsoo?"

"He doesn't want me anymore."

"You know that's not true."

"I know. He's just... being denial."

"Let him take his time."

"Exactly what I'm doing. And you know what's funny? He doesn't believe me that we're engaged."

"Really? That's because we didn't tell him that as soon as his engagement with Sowon was dissolved, you're engagement with him became official."

"That's because no ceremony was done to back it up."

We arrived on the floor and was greeted by Mr. Kim himself.

"I remember having business with your Dad, but what are you doing here, Sungyeol?"

"I brought Myungsoo's food just now. And I have something to say."

"What is it?"

"My engagement with Myungsoo... I'm pushing it all the way now."

They both smiled at me as I watch the busy streets underneath us.

--

Myungsoo's POV

When Sungyeol left my office, I can't stay still and I'm scared. Scared that he might leave me again.

"Oppa, he's not leaving you. He just came back, so snap out of it."

I let the folder Sowon lend me and I lean over my table. , why am I worried? Its not like he'll leave again right? He just go here.

"Do you think I should give him a chance?"

"Oppa, seriously? You're asking me that? You know what's the answer to that yourself."

"But... what if he'll leave me again?"

"Oppa, he just got back."

"So? That doesn't ease me at all."

Sowon sigh and stood up to get on my back and give me a pat. "If you won't have your hands on him now, you'll lose him. Mr. Kaido is one of the many associates who wanted a Lee in their Family."

She winked at me and leave me with my mouth open. Sowon. What a nice way to make me realized that.

--

I found Sungyeol cooking in the kitchen as soon as I went home. The television is open, and I can see he's working on something since there's pile of papers in the living room table. His laptop is also open.

Sungyeol turn around with a bowl in his hand with a white liquid in it and he was surprised to see me. Well, I wasn't supposed to be home that time, so of course he'll be surprised to see me.

"Love, you're early. Its only... 3:45pm. Not that I mind, but I'm still cooking dinner."

"Its too early to cook dinner either. What are you doing?"

"Oh, that? Reviewing some papers sent to me from the investors."

I pick one folder to see what's inside and I found out that Howon is the head engineer for the resort they're planning to build outside Seoul.

"This is one big project..."

"Really? That's nothing compared to what I had to handle back in Spain."

"Oh really? What exactly have you done in Spain to live there for five years?"

I watch him from behind the folders and waited for him to reply. He put one finger inside his mouth to taste that sort of mixture from the bowl.

"Well, aside from finishing college there, I handled our branches of Company there while I handle the GSSC through computer."

"So did you know that I've been staying here in Topaz for five years?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. Really? You know what I've been up to for five years, and I don't know what's up with you?"

He raise his head and look at me with an amuse look. He let down the bowl on his hand. "Love, I told you. In Spain I'm not allowed to make communications to anyone here in Korea. That's the undying rules of my grandparents. And besides, I only know you're staying in Topaz. But I don't know what you're up to. I... I trust you enough."

"I just kissed someone last night. You still trust me?"

This time, a smirk broke from his lips. "You don't even know how to kiss, Love. That kiss is for kids."

"Oh really? Then why are you so mad last night?"

"Seeing someone you wanted to see after five long years without any communication kissing someone... isn't that something to be mad about? I know I'm wrong when I leave you without saying anything... but that's the only choice I have if I wanted to keep you in my life without fear."

"Are you telling me the reason why you left then?"

Sungyeol sigh and continue with whatever it is he's been doing and didn't answer my question.

"When will you tell me Sungyeol? When I fully give up on you?"

"I told you, until our engagement--"

"I said stop saying that we're having an engagement party!"

"Then what do you want me to say?! I keep telling you to wait for at least the day of our engagement. Can't you add a few more months waiting?"

"You have the guts to tell me that?! You're here so why not tell me your reasons now?!"

"Myungsoo... please. Can we not fight? I just... I just need you to trust me--"

"The last time I trusted you, you're gone the next day. There's no way I'll trust you now." I throw the folder back to the table. "You know what? Suit yourself. Keep everything for yourself! You're so used on hiding things from me anyway."

I stomped by feet with force and closed the door behind me loudly on Sungyeol's face.

I ended up sobbing again. Maybe having here is not enough to fix me anymore...

--

A/N: I apologize for the typo's and wrong grammar. :(