Nine

Ready for it?

Jin easily found his way to his old classroom. It was much more comforting in here. He was familiar with the surroundings and he could quickly collect his thoughts alone. Or so he thought.

"Jin, what are you doing in here? I thought you were moved." His old teacher, Mrs. Oh, walked through the room. She was carrying a small stack of books. Jin nodded, moving out of her way. "Then what brings you back here?" Mrs. Oh put the books down on the small round table near her desk. She turned to Jin, placing her hands on her hips. Jin looked down at his feet. He never liked the stare Mrs. Hanbin was known for. He had been under that glare numerous times. "Don't tell me it's aniexty. We've talked about this before." Jin twitched at the words. He knew the older's famous chemical speech was coming. He had heard it almost thirty times. But it never came. 

"Jin! There you are." Namjoon's voice perked his ears and he twitched. He wasn't ready for that guy to find him. He had friends, he didn't need Jin in the slightest. Jin looked up slowly. Namjoon was leaning against the door frame, breathing heavily.

"Who do you think you are, barging into my classroom like that?" Mrs. Oh narrowed her eyes at him. Jin frantically shook his head at her. He didn't know why it mattered if she started yelling at Namjoon, but Jin found it important in some way. Mrs. Oh saw Jin shaking his head. She quickly turned to him. "Do you know who he is?" Jin nodded slowly. 

"Namjoon. A friend." Mrs. Oh stared at the younger, one eyebrow rasied. She had never heard Jin speak in the two years she had been teaching him. He mostly groaned, signed, or wrote everything down. This was new for her. 

"A friend, really?" She turned back to look at Namjoon. He bowed at her.

"Hello. I'm Kim Namjoon." Mrs. Oh nodded at him.

"Oh Han Bin, Mrs. Oh Han Bin." The older turned back to Jin. She walked in front of him, placing a hand on his shoulder. She leaned in close to him so only he could hear her words. "Don't be scared Jin. Think of him like you do your brother. He's someone else you can talk to. He isn't going to hurt you, he won't judge you. Just be yourself, okay?" Jin nodded slowly at her. She was right. Namjoon honestly wanted to be his friend. He hadn't put up false pretences, that Jin could tell. "Go to lunch you. The kimchi is amazing." Namjoon smiled at them.

"Come on, Jin. Let's go."