Twenty-four

Ready for it?

Namjoon gathered up all his research and stuffed it in his bag. He still had many questions about autism, but he hoped Jin's mother could clear it up for him. He walked our of his room and down the stairs. His father had left for work early today and his mother was out with some friends. He didn't have to worry about them trying to push their futures onto him. He left the house to get his answers.

-

"Welcome!" A woman's voice called out as Namjoon walked into the shop. He looked up at the woman at the counter. He smiled at her.

"Are you Jin's mother?" He asked. She looked over at him. She nodded slowly.

"Yes. Do you need Jin?" Namjoon shook his head. 

"No. I actually wanted to speak to you. Can we talk in private?" She nodded, wondering why Namjoon wanted to speak to her. She was confused considering the younger always came in just for Jin. He never spoke to her or Yungha and only asked for her middle son. She moved around the counter, walking to the door. She pushed it closed. She turned around and gestured to one of tables. Namjoon sat down, slinging his bag onto the table. 

"So what is this about?" Namjoon slipped all his research out onto the table. He picked on of the recent files about Autism types. He slide it toward the older. 

"It's kinda about Jin. I wanted to know more about Autism. I looked some stuff up, but I didn't much on it. Just some donation sites." He had a lot of those in his files that he brought with him. Mrs. Kim sighed. She knew something like this would happen. Namjoon had been spending a lot of his time with her son and she was hoping to avoid something like this. She didn't want Jin to lose his first true friend because Namjoon wanted to know more. She never had to explain this to Samuel, Jihyun or Min. They never asked and she was grateful for that. Whenever she had to explain it someone else, they got judgment. Mrs. Kim knew that was because they didn't understand what it was and they were scared. But now Namjoon was someone that she really didn't want Jin to lose. Namjoon could see the fear on the older's face. He smiled slightly. "Mrs. Kim, don't worry. Jin is my friend. That won't change." She nodded at him, looking down at the packet the younger had given her. On top of the page it read 'Childhood Disintegrative Disorder.' She flipped over the next page. 'Rett syndrome treatment.' She looked up at Namjoon.

"You really did your research." She put the packet down and looked up at the younger. "I'll tell you everything that you want to know." Namjoon smiled.

"Thank you."

-

"When did you find out Jin had autism?" Namjoon asked after Mrs. Kim had served some rice and meat. 

"We didn't notice until he was almost five. He wasn't reaching developmental milestones. We took him to so many doctors and they all said there wasn't anything wrong with him. Some even said that he just slower than kids his age. We eventually went to a child specialist who gave us all the details. It took us four months to find out what was wrong." Namjoon nodded along with what she was saying. This was very important to him. 

"So, I know there are different types of Autism. What kind does Jin have?" Mrs. Kim sighed.

"You did research on this." She pointed at the first packet that Namjoon had given her. "Jin's a special case. He has a mixture of Childhood Disintegrative Disorder and Rett Syndrome. To me it's a little strange for him to have RTT because it happens in girls more than girls, but the specialist said that it was very obvious in Jin. He gets treatment for that and sees a therapist once a week. For the CDD he takes medication that helps him keep up with others. The CDD slows down his speech but doesn't stop him from living. He has learned how to speak without using his voice when he really needs to talk." Namjoon nodded. That must've been what he was doing at school that day; spelling out words onto his chest. He might have to learn how to understand it. "RTT was the reason why he wasn't speaking at a young age and that's why he struggles with his speech now. It also explains why he has to moves his fingers and hands around a lot. He likes to grab clothes move them around in his hands. He did it a lot when he was young, it slowed when he got older. He makes strange noises like groaning because he doesn't know how to express himself. Autism makes it hard for people to understand the feelings of others so he doesn't know how to do it myself. Jin can get really rude sometimes because he doesn't know if its bad or not. The only emotions he can get clear in his mind are happiness and sadness. He doesn't know anything else but that." All of this was starting to make sense to Namjoon. He could use this knowledge to get closer to Jin. He was starting realize this after all the time he had spent with Jin.

"Mrs. Kim, I think I like your son."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Annyeong Haseyo! BOOM! It is finally here guys. This chapter took a lot of time to edit, but I did it for you. I might not update tomorrow because I have a super busy schedule. But I will always try. Kamsahaminda! Annyeong!