Ten

Ready for it?

Namjoon watched as Jin quickly climbed the stairs up to the roof. He had never seen anyone move quite like him. He was quick but somewhat slow at the same time. "Why are we here?" Namjoon asked, closing the door behind him. He had never been up here before. 

"Hyung!" A new voice could be heard as the two made their way across the roof. "We've been waiting for you." Jin smiled sighting at the younger boy sitting on one of the benches. He was the first person that Jin had meet at school. He was also the first person the Jin had befriended. Samuel was the youngest of Jin's small friend group. He was a Korean-American who moved to Korea when he was very young. "Min wanted to share her noddles." Jin walked to the bench and sat down. He leaned over to shake hands with Min, who smiled broadly at him. Min was visual based since she was particually deaf and restricted to a wheelchair. 

"I have black bean noodles if you want some oppa." Jin nodded, looking over at Namjoon. He stood awkardly next to the benches. Jin didn't understand why Namjoon would follow him here. He had his own friends to hang out with. Jin just shook it off turning back to his friends.

"Where Jihyun?" Jin just let himself go in front of this group of people. They didn't question his 'condition' in anyway. they all knew what was going. They all had similar problems. 

"Restroom. He just left before you got here. Couldn't hold it anymore I guess." The older sighed.

"He never can." He took the cup of noddles from Min and held them in the direction of Namjoon. Even though he wished the boy would go away and just leave him alone, even if he really wished Namjoon wouldn't stare at him like that, he still felt obligated to take care of the boy. "Eat." Namjoon blinked a few times before taking the cup from jin and sitting beside him.

"Oh, who are you? Are you a friend of hyung? Why didn't you tell us Jin?" Jin looked up at Samuel, his mouth full of rice. He swallowed hard. He didn't say anything to answer the question. He wasn't friends with Namjoon in the slightest, but somewhere deep down he wished that he was.

"I'm Kim Namjoon." Samuel nodded, signing off to the side for Min.

"How old are you?" Min asked. She was secretly hoping he was younger than her. She hated being the second youngest. But it was a long shot.

"I was born in '94." Samuel snorted. He was glad that Jin was still the oldest. He didn't know if he could deal with another older friend like his hyung. Jihyun was enough.

"What funny?" Jin asked, looking between Namjoon and Samuel. Was there a joke he missed somewhere. he wouldn't be surprsied if there was. Samuel shook his head. The younger signed something to Min quickly, leaving the girl cracking up. Jin didn't have time to see what it was. Samuel was a top notch signer, which is why Jin had sought him out in the first place. It made it so much easier to talk to him. But now he wished that the boy didn't know any of it.

Namjoon silent watched the three, now four since Jihyun returned, interact with each other. It was different than in the dumpling shop and in the classroom. Jin didn't act any different than Namjoon's own friends. Sure, he had take his time answer certain things and sometimes he didn't even pay attenion and went in his own direction, but he got back somehow. He wouldn't have been able to explain it to anyone else, he could hardly explain it to himself. But he was starting to understand what was going on. Only if it was a small bit.