Six

Ready for it?

Autism? Namjoon had only heard the term once or twice before. It was in a drama his mother used to watch and a girl in his elementary school had it. He didn't remember her or what autism was even about. Namjoon planned to learn more about it. Jin really interested him in a way he couldn't describe. He wouldn't call it love at first sight; he didn't feel things like that, but he didn't want to let Jin go. In the back of his mind, Namjoon honestly heard a click. Like there was something more to Jin that he couldn't process at the moment. It was hard to explain but he would get to the bottom of it.

"You're back?" Namjoon's mother greeted him at the door. He nodded, slipping off his shoes. 

"I have some things to do. I'll be in my room." Namjoon quickly ran up the stairs to his room. He was prepared to learn as much as he could about autism.

-

"Namjoon? Son, I made snacks if you want some. I'll leave them he..." Namjoon's mother was leaving a tray outside of his room when the door opened wide. 

"You don't have to do that. Thank you." He grabbed the tray from his mother's hands and moved back into his room, leaving the door opened. Namjoon sat the tray down on his bedside table. 

"What have you been up to?" His mother walked into his room. It had been some time since she had been in there last. Namjoon was a very private man and didn't like to have that messed with.

"Just some research. Nothing to big." Namjoon went back to his computer. He still wasn't completely done with his work. There were still some things he wasn't sure of and needed them cleared up. His mother stood behind him, trying to read over his shoulder. She wasn't exactly sure what he was reading and she really didn't want to pry. She moved back enough to sit on the edge of his bed. Namjoon groaned, turning around in his computer chair. He still couldn't a complete definition of autism. Most of the sites were donation websites with a tiny description. He looked over at his mother. She smiled slightly at him. He wondered if she might know.

"Mom, can I ask you something?" Namjoon leaned forward, pressing his elbows into his knees.

"Sure, you can ask me anything." Namjoon's mother internally got excited. Her son rarely ever asked her for anything. He kept to himself and never like to ask for help. This would almost be a first for him and her.

"I meet someone today and.." His mother was quick to interupt.

"Oh, really? Who are they? Are they cute? Is it someone your age?" Namjoon rolled his eyes. His mother had been waiting for the day when he started dating again or even think about marriage.

"Well, they work at the dumpling shop in that small market, where you sometimes like to shop. Umy, when we meet, they didn't say anything and I was confused. But I asked their brother and he said that they have autism. What does that mean?"

"Hm, well girls aren't really affected with autism. It happens in boys more than girls, but thats something special." Namjoon's mother mumbled under breath. "Namjoon, autism is a disorder that affects verbal and non-verbal communication. It's where the brain doesn't process things fast enough for comprehension. Some children can grow around it and get better but others have trouble. It's not something that goes away. It's always there." Namjoon nodded. So, that's what was wrong with him, he thought. Hm, even more interesting. 

"Man, I wish I hadn't of came of so rude then. Ah, how can I make it up to Jin." Namjoon turned back around his chair to look at the computer screen. His mother smiled broadly. This girl must've really gotten to him if he's already thinking about her like that. "Hm? Girl?" Namjoon turned slightly. "What girl?" His mother didn't even know she had been speaking out loud.

"Oh, nothing. Just talking to myself. I'm going to start dinner. Keep working hard." She quickly dismissed herself and left the room. Namjoon frowned slightly. Did his mother think Jin was a girl?

"I guess I never mentioed it. Hm." He sighed, still thinking of a way to apologize for sounding and looking rude towards Jin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong Haseyo! Guys, I graduated yesterday and that's why it has taken so long to get this chapter done and that's also why it is so long. I will have time to write some longer chapters now, because I won't have to worry about school (at least until the fall). I hope you guys are enjoying this so far. Kamsahaminda! Annyeong!