Eleven

Ready for it?

Jin didn't understand it. Every day for the past few weeks Namjoon has been coming to the lunch spot his friends had set up. Sometimes he would get there before Jin. Today happened to be one of those days. 

"Sure, Jin sometimes ignored us. But that's what comes with being autistic." Jihyun explained to Namjoon. He held out a cup for the younger to take. "He talks a lot more than when we first meet. He gets better each day, but Mrs. Oh says it won't go away. It's always going to be there." Namjoon nodded, taking the cup from him. His mother had told him the same thing. He opened his mouth to ask something else when a loud grunt could be heard from nearby. He turned in the direction of the sound to see Jin standing in front of them with his arms crossed. The older didn't like when his friends talked about his 'condition.' He could do that just fine.

"Oh hey Jin." Namjoon gave the older a small wave. Jin shook his head, pointing to the other side of the room. He wanted to speak with Namjoon in private. 

"That's your cue, hyung." Samuel snorted, signing to Min. She chuckled at the words. 

"Be careful. Jin can get really angry when he wants to." Namjoon sighed, standing up.

"I'll keep that in mind."

-

Jin stood with his back facing the younger. He couldn't think of a thing to say to Namjoon. He wasn't angry with him, but he wasn't exactly pleased. If there was something that he wanted to know he could've just asked Jin. The older would've answered it as best as he could. "Jin, I'm sor..." Jin made a snorting sound before turning to the younger.

"Don't." Jin pressed his hand against Namjoon's chest. He started spelling put words. He knew that the younger wouldn't be able to understand him. This was something only Yungha knew how to do. 'Don't talk to my friends without me. Talk to me first. We're friends aren't we?' He spelled things over and over, pressing harder and harder. He couldn't help himself. He only wanted to be able to express his feelings to others. He wanted to be able to talk with everyone. He wanted to be able to tell Namjoon everything. They were friends now and Jin wanted to have that closeness that Namjoon and his friends had. That's all he wanted. Tears began flowing down his face and his hand slowed down until the movement stopped. Jin sobbed loudly into Namjoon.

The younger looked down at Jin. He couldn't understand what was going on. He felt the older's hands moving on his chest. He didn't know what he was trying to do, but he felt the same motions over and over again as if Jin was writing something out. The younger wrapped his arms around Jin when the tears dropped. "It's okay. Everything's going to be okay." Jin let out a soft groan, wrapping his arms around Namjoon. "Shh. It's okay. It's okay." Namjoon whispered soft words into Jin's ear. He really wanted things to be okay.