Twenty-five

Ready for it?

"You just need to act like you don't know a thing. He'll have to express how he feels sooner or later." Yungha smiled slightly at Jin. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later, he thought. Jin nodded. He would have to do his best. The two were walking back home after going to the market. Jin loved heading into the market. To him it was better than staying in the shop. It was a little cooler outside than inside. When the two got back to the shop they noticed that the door was closed. "What's mom doing? She never closes that door." Jin didn't stop walking where Yungha did. He wasn't to keen on questioning everything his mother did. He just did whatever he felt like. He pushed the door open and walked inside. "Hyung wait. She might be busy." Yungha stopped in the open doorway along with Jin. The older stared at the table where he spotted his mother talking to Namjoon. He jerked at the words he had heard many times before. 'Special, struggles, milestones, therapy.' Jin pushed past Yungha. He hated when other people talked about him and his 'condition' when he wasn't around. It made him feel powerless. "Jin!" Yungha yelled after his brother. He turned to look back at his mother. Mrs. Kim stood up, looking at the door. Jin had already ran out, going who knows where.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Kim. I'll go after him." Namjoon stood up. He bowed respectfully at her before running out after Jin.

-

If Namjoon knew anything about Jin he would be hiding out on the roof of the school. Namjoon ran as fast as he could to the school. When he reached the building he quickly climbed the side ladder to reach the roof. Kids were always going to the roof during off days, it was one of the many places that weren't closed off. It was easy for Jin to get to. That's why they had spent so many days here. "Jin!" Namjoon didn't have to search long to find Jin. The older was lying on the bench where they first held hands. Namjoon smiled at the memory. He walked closer to Jin. The older was on his side looking at the ground. He was hugging himself and twisting his fingers within the fabric. Namjoon leaned down next to Jin. He hesitantly reached his hand out to teach the older on the back. "Jin." Namjoon began rubbing the older's back. "Are you okay?" Jin groaned in response. He was still upset with the younger. This is the second time Namjoon had been talking about his 'condition' without him. Why would Namjoon want to know about that side of his life? "Are you upset?" Namjoon had to chose his words wisely, he didn't want to mess anything up with Jin. After his sudden confession to Jin's mother, he thought of a way to tell Jin. He didn't plan for things to go like this. Jin nodded slightly. Namjoon sighed, continuing to rub the older's back. "Do you want to talk about it?" Jin shook his head. He really didn't want to talk about anything at the moment. He didn't even want to look at the older. "Okay, how about I talk instead." Jin rolled over to the other side to face Namjoon.

"Okay. Start."