Twenty-two

Ready for it?

"My dad is always giving me a hard time, since he owns a company and my mom used to be a therapist. He wants me to be just like them. I don't want that. I mean, I kinda wanted get out of Korea. But I changed my mind." Jin listened to everything Namjoon had to say. He was good at listening to others, since he didn't express himself very well. He couldn't understand the younger's troubles; he never had to go through that. When his mother found out about the autism she made it her person mission to take care of him as best she could. She did want the best for Jin, maybe even wanted him to get his life together and leave the home some time in the future. But now things had changed. He wasn't able to live on his own anymore. No one knew if he could handle all the hard work that life could place on his shoulders. He would need someone to take care of him for the rest of his life. He didn't like that idea, but he didn't have any other choice. "Jin, if you could do anything in the world, what would you do?" Jin looked up at Namjoon. Was there anything he wanted to do or see? He had everything that he could really want. He had family and friends.

"I want to be normal." Jin blurted. He didn't take time to process what he said when he said it. He did wish for that sometimes but he knew that wasn't going to happen any time soon. Namjoon smiled sadly. He kind of wished that for Jin as well, though he liked the older just how he was. Jin was much more honest than other people Namjoon had meet. He also easier to get along with.

"I don't think you'd be good at being normal. You're perfect the way you are." Jin snorted, leaning into the younger.

"Corny." He mumbled. Namjoon shook his head. He instinctively wrapped his arm around Jin's waist. Jin flinched at the contact, but didn't pull away. The older looked up at Namjoon. He didn't even know what the younger was trying to do but it made him happy.

-

Namjoon held onto Jin's hand as they walked back to the older's house. His heart was beating faster than normal, but he tried to ignore it. Jin should not be making him feel this way. He hadn't know things would be like this. Namjoon wasn't used to things like this. He had only been in two relationships before and the last one didn't end very well. But there was something different about Jin. The older raised their intertwined hands. He smiled slightly. He liked the scene in front of him. He didn't know if this was normal for friends, but it didn't matter to him. The pair stopped in front of the dumpling shop. Namjoon faced the older with a smile. There were so many things that he wanted to tell Jin, but he didn't know how to phrase them. Namjoon knew he was catching feelings for the older. But he didn't know how to decipher them from everything else in his mind. The younger gulped before leaning in close to Jin. He kissed the older on the forehead. "I gotta go." Namjoon quickly his heels and walked away, leaving Jin very confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong Haseyo! I didn't tell you guys this because at the time it wasn't that important but now it kinda is and I'm a little upset, but I failed my Korean placement test and my CPR test. The Korean placement test is a test to see if I can put in a Korean language course in college. I don't even understand how I failed it because I have several Korean teachers and I was learning from my Nana who is KOREAN. I was very upset, but its fine I'll just continue with self study for now.  And as for the CPR test I failed it for the same reason I failed it the last time. When I was doing chest compressions on the dummy I pushed down just slightly too far and the instructor yelled at me saying that I would've killed the person and she failed me on the spot. But for me, its hard to do chest compressions on a dummy because they are hollow and very different from actual humans so yeah. Anyway this is just a dumb rant. I hope you guys are enjoying this story. Kamsahaminda! Annyeong!