Twenty-eight

Ready for it?

Mr. Kim didn't say a word as he looked over his son. He didn't see what Namjoon saw in Jin. When Namjoon explained how he meet Jin and what he was like, the older didn't find anything impressive. He had hoped that his son would find a nice young woman that could help boost his financial welfare. Someone like his own wife. Jin was not that type. Namjoon opened his mouth, but his father stopped him. "I do not approve. Jin is not the person I expected you to be with." Namjoon sighed. He knew this was going to happen sooner or later. His father never approved of any of his choices. 

"Dad..." Mr. Kim shook his head.

"Namjoon, I raised you better than this. You were supposed to be a respectful young man with a beautiful woman on your arm. You were supposed to inherit the company and pass it onto your sons. That can't happen when you're with him. What do you think the headlines will say if anyone at the company finds out about this?" Namjoon groaned.

"So that's what this is about? Making you look better? Dad, I don't care what anyone has to say about me. You know I never wanted to work in the company. I never want to become like you. And you can't stop me from being with Jin." Mr. Kim smiled slightly. 

"That's what I wanted to hear. We did raise you right." Namjoon looked at his father. He was confused. What was his dad talking about. Mr. Kim chuckled softly at the look on his son's face. "Namjoon, I'm not going to be like the other families out there that force their kids to marry the girls that they find fit. I wanted to see if you were going to stand up to me in the best way possible. And you have done a good job. Jin is a sweet boy and you two look so happy together. I'm proud of you." Namjoon blinked a few times to clear his thoughts. Did his dad just accept their relationship? Why did he act like that? Why was he so cruel. Namjoon gave a sigh of relief. He was glad that Jin was accepted, but his father didn't have to be so cruel about it.