One

Ready for it?

It always happened at the busiest times. He would be taking stock or cooking and an uncontrollable urge would wash over him. He would get distracted from his work, it was very hard on him. Yet, he worked through it. His mother worried about him working at the dumpling shop by himself when she was away. There was no cure for what he had and that scared her.

-

"Jin, I'm off. Take care of things and if you need help don't be afraid to ask Yungha, ok?" He nodded absent mindedly. Jin knew what his mother was saying underneath her kind words. 'Let your brother do all the work. You can't do it on your own.' She waved at him, quickly dashing through the open door. A few moments later Yungha, Jin's adopted brother, ran down the stairs and into the shop. 

"Morning hyung!" Jin didn't turn to look at him. The older was focused on the objects in front of him. He began taking the pens and pencils out of the cup and then putting them back. "Jin." Yungha snapped his fingers in front of his brother. Jin's eyes focused on the younger quickly. He slowly tapped letters out on Yungha's hand. Jin had many ways of communication since his speech was very hard to understand. Yungha had learned how to sign, feel letters and even read Jin's body language just to be able to communicate with his brother.

'Morning. You sleep well?' Yungha nodded.

"Always. Are you hungry? I can go get some noodles from Mr. Oh if you want." Jin nodded, tapping more letters.

'Spice, please.' Yungha clapped his hands.

"Coming right up."

-

Jin did well on his own, sure, he struggled sometimes with customers, but he could handle it. Most of the people who lived and worked in the market knew of Jin's 'condition' and they didn't treat him any different than their kids and friends, while people out more in the city never took the time to ask about him or just deemed him as weird.

"Good morning Jin. Is your mother out?" The door chimed as an elderly man stepped in. Jin looked up to see who it was. He smiled at the man, Mr. Woo, as he walked to the front counter. The elder worked in the laundry business next door.

"Yes, left early." Jin answered slowly. 

"Oh. Well tell her I stopped by." The younger nodded, turning away from Mr. Woo. The elder smiled before leaving the shop. "Jin is a fine boy, Mrs. Kim shouldn't worry so much about him."