Lighting Up The Sky

Without A Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sky stared into the darkness. What was that? 

They both listened to the silence. 

"I think we should really get back to the house now." Moon said and grabbed her wrist. Sky was in shock about his sudden move on her
Sky got scared for a moment but followed him as he was pulling her with him. Her sight got a bit blurry, all she could see was the back of his head and his hand holding on to her wrist. It didn't feel forced. His palm was warm and soft. 
After arriving at the house they both tried to breathe again. Sky looked at him in despair. She wanted to say so many things. 
" Don't tell them. Forget what happened. This never happened. We never met. " but she could only keep silent. 
After catching his breathe, Moon looked at Sky. His face still looked worried and sad after realizing her disease.
"Don't worry, I won't tell them you wen't down to the beach at 2 in the morning." he said and smiled. "It's our secret from now on I guess." 
Sky shruged. Did he just read her mind? 
She nodded and bowed slightly to show her graditude. She didn't know what to think about him. His eyes were giving her a weird feeling she's never felt before. 
She didn't even know him what was she even thinking?

"Moonsanova at work I guess." Suddenly a familiar voice appeared. James was already standing in the entrance door staring at them with a slight smirk. 

Moonsanova? Sky was confused.

"JAMES!" Moon said in anger. 
"I've watched you guys all the way since you've left the house. It was pretty entertaining I need to admit that."  he started laughing. 
Sky got scared for a moment. The distance made it not able for him to see her cry. She felt relieved. 

"It looked like you were in some kind of romance horror movie running away from a racoon." 
Sky and Moon stared at eachother. Moon sighed. A racoon? Seriously? 

Sky started to say "please don't tell Auntie and uncle." in sign language while panicing. She didn't realize they weren't even understanding it. 
Both Moon and James stared her in confusion. 
She pointed up to the bedroom of theirs. 

"Oh! No, I won't tell anybody don't worry, Sky." James said, walked towards her and padded her shoulder.
"Wait... Why are you wearing Moons jacket." He said.
Sky looked down on her top. Even she forgot.
"She was cold so I handed her my jacket." Moon said noticing where this conversation was going.
James sighed, smirked but left it uncommented. "Let's go inside before the racoon catches us. c'mon."
They all went into the living room, trying to warm themselves up. 
"The jetlag is making it impossible for me to sleep." James said. "I knew you were already sleeping so I wanted to head out to clear my mind but suddenly I saw you guys." James explained.
Sky handed him a cup of tea. 
"Thank you." he said.
She was thankful for him not asking why she went out to leave and why Moon was even chasing after her. 
Silently she sat next to James listening to their conversation. What other choice did she have than to listen.
After a short moment of silence they all got up to head back to sleep. James disappeared in his room. 

Sky headed to her room too.

"Good night." Moon whispered not to wake up uncle junki and auntie mina. 

Sky turned around. His face was saying "You're going to be alright." 

She nodded thankfully.

After closing the door behind her she started to breathe heavily. All she wanted was a normal life to live. A normal way to communicate with people. Was that too much to ask for? Getting up everyday not being able to tell someone how you feel. To speak. To hear your own voice. For how long would she act as if she was able to handle the pain her disease has brought to her.
Going to the sea side every night to cry her heart out. 
To scream in silence, to release the anger she was feeling toward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter