Unknown Faces

Without A Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sky! Did you already take care of the bed sheets? They'll be here in about an hour!" Uncle Junki shouted upstairs.
Sky was whiping off the sweat of her forehead. For whom was he hurrying this much? 
She knew someone was going to visit for a long time. But he acted as if it was some kind of celebrity or the president himself coming over. 
Also, why was he screaming upstairs when he knew she can't respond... 
After finshing cleaning the guest rooms, Sky ran downstairs to help to prepare the food. 
"It's ok my dear. You can take a break you've already done so much for us. Here, I have some strawberries left from the pie I made this morning. Go eat them at the seaside and ease your mind before heading off to work, nee?" she said and rubbed her shoulder. Auntie Mina handed her the strawberries in a little basket smiling at her while mixing the salad for lunch. 
Sky nodded and said "Thank You." In sign language. 
She took a bottle of water and prepaired her clothes for work later on.
She took her bike to head towards the ocean. She had some time left until needing to head to work in the city at the restaurant she was helping out at. 
After getting off her bike, she sat down where the oceans waves were almost hitting her feet, tickling her toes. 
The wind was blowing lightly, making the heat  more bearable. As she was staring on the ocean sparkling from the sunlight, she was wondering about the guests coming over.
Uncle Junki said he hasn't seen them for over 15 years. Friends? Relatives? She couldn't hide her anxiety about meeting them for the first time. She didn't want to. 
The city was small so she knew everyone and everyone knew her and her disease.
Sky was mute. She was born with a damage on her vocal chords, not making it able for her to speak. So it was hard for her to communicate with anyone who didn't know the sign language. 
She couldn't help but shake a bit at the thought of needing to introduce herself. The only hope for her was to leave work late today, so maybe the family was already sleeping. 
Thinking about work, Sky sighed. She'd needed to keep up with Shane again. A collegue of hers who had a crush on her for a long time. 
You couldn't really call it a crush. He was known for his bed stories with girls all over the city but apparently Sky was the only one he didn't get under the blanket yet. 
She still remembered how many times he's touched her, tried to go even further but what should she do? She couldn't speak up about it. 

After 15 minutes of staring at the ocean finishing Auntie Minas strawberries, she headed to work. A 10 minute bike ride. 
The city was quite silent today. The fishermen were sitting at the shore, sunbathing and sleeping with their hats on their faces while the flower shop owner was putting out some roses. 
"Hi there Sky! Heading off to work?" Mrs. white shouted while placing the flowers in a vase. Sky ringed the bell on her bike and smiled while waving at her. 
"Have a nice day at work Sky! While heading back home you can take some flowers with you!"
That's what she always said. There was no single working day Sky arrived at home without flowers from Mrs Whites flower shop. 

After greeting some more people while getting to work, she finally arrived placing her bike near the back door of the restaurant. She already heared the  dishes crashing against eachother and the cooks yelling. After taking a deep breathe she enters the back door. 
"Hi there Sky!" Mr linguini shouted in his italian accent and waved at her. She waved back at everyone as she was going into the changing room. 
Unfortunately, there was no gender seperation due to lack of rooms, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter