▬ You Don't Know About Me ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-------------------------------------------

[Rei]

I woke up still tired and at the same time, I feel terrible, not sure why but I figured it was because of what happened yesterday. And remembering how Miyu looked at me, she was scared of me, she probably realizes why I am the way I am and going to start distancing herself from me. I guess it is better that way.  

Groaning as I get up and start my day with a cold shower, just to give myself the jolt and behold myself with God knows what the old man have in store for me.

“Good morning, Rei-san,” One of the so many helpers of the house greeted me, which I return with a small smile.

I was expecting to see everyone in the dining room having breakfast but what surprises me was the numbers of luggage lined in the room “Uh, what is this?”

My grandmother walked in just in time to answer my question “We’re flying to Kyoto for a while.” She slightly smiled, “You’re on your 2 weeks holiday anyway, right?”

I narrowed my eyes at her, suspicious. I never told her or anyone in this house about the two weeks breaks the college gave, plus, it just started.

“Who told you?”

The lady turns to face me and smirked. My grandmother is smirking, at me! Smirking! She never does that. “Honey, have you forgotten who your family is?”

For some reason, I feel so exposed at that moment. And it’s a horrible feeling to feel on a Saturday morning. I sighed tiredly “I’m not going.”

“Don’t be silly, our plane is already waiting, and your other relatives are dying to see you.”

Another reason for me not to tag along, I rolled my eyes whilst heaving another sigh “I’m not going and that’s final.”

“You can’t stay in this house, alone,” She sounded worried.

I smirked this time, “Obachan, have you forgotten who your granddaughter is?”

The old lady scoffed “Are you mocking me, child?”

“No, not at all,” We laughed.

“Where are you gonna go?” She asked, more serious this time, “Your mother’s parents?”

I nodded my head “They’re my grandparents too, plus, I haven’t seen them in a long time.”

My grandmother nodded her head; she seemed to be deep in her thoughts “I understand. You need fresh air and a different side of the family to stay alive. And we’ve been keeping you longer than they have, so go. Have fun, okay?”

I’m not one to initiate a hug or any skinship, but I just had to do it this once, to show how grateful I am to have her supporting me, “Thank you, Obachan,” I’m sure the old lady was surprised as well, by the way, her words stuttered after.

She gently patted my back “You’re welcome.” Pecking a kiss on my temple “Just promise me that you’ll be careful,”

Nodding my head, “I will,” I said with a genuine smile that has etched its way across my face.

“When are you leaving?”

I hummed “I was thinking of going tomorrow,”

“Go today; I’m sure they’re happy to have you stay over longer.” She smiled.

“You think so?”

My grandmother chuckled “I know so, I’m a grandparent too.” She pulled me closer “And between both of us, you took the top spot of my favorite grandchild.”

We laughed once again “Oh, grandma! I’m going to miss you even though it’s only for two weeks.”

“I’m going to miss you the most,” She smiled sadly “Go and pack now,”

I nod my head and headed to my room. I felt slightly bad that I won’t be going to Kyoto with my grandmother but I need to be away from this side of the family for a while. Like my grandmother said, I need to be with a different side of the family for once.

Pulling my duffle bag from my closet and I packed all my necessities; clothes, toothbrush, facial product, perfume, shoes, laptop, chargers and I was ready to go. I was going to sneak out but my grandfather caught me just in time. Sighing silently, my head hung low. Now he’ll think that I’m going with them on the Kyoto trip.

What surprises me the most was that he smiled at me before starting the conversation “I heard that you’re going to visit your other grandparents.”

“You didn’t just hear it, grandma told you, I know and it’s true. So, I apologize in advance to have ruined your plans if you had any for me waiting in Kyoto because I’m not going.” I said honestly.

He nodded his head “I know, she told me that too.” Both of us remained silent for a while “One of the things I’m proud of you but never dare to admit is that you’re independent, strong-willed – just like your father. You don’t take anyone’s order; yet, you do things your own and succeed that not many do.”

I narrowed my eyes at the ground; I’m not even sure where this conversation was going but it just gives me the creeps.

“Come on, let’s go, the bus isn’t going to wait for you.” He said, sounding lighthearted.

On their way to the airport, they dropped me off at the bus station. What surprised me, even more, was that my grandfather handed me money enough for a month spend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter