▬ Writing's On The Wall ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----------------------------------------------

[Rei]

“Ojichan, have you seen anyone or Dazai?” was it only me or did it seem like my grandfather frowned when I spoke of them.

My grandfather may have already declared that I was the new Oyabun of the Kawaguchi household, but I was far from being able or ready to handle the duty, so I told my grandfather to continue doing what he’s best at and lead the family while I learn from the sideline.

And it’s been 4 months since the spar and the ceremony, and Dazai have done nothing but avoid me. Okay, all of my cousins are avoiding me.

“No.” He said. “But, come in, I need to talk to you.”

The second I put my down on the tatami mat, I feel the atmosphere around us change. It was cold and grim at the same time.

“Do you know why our family symbol is Raven? Other than being able to shift or that we’re a were-creature.” The old man questioned as he pours the tea for me. I sat there in silence as a respond. He placed the pot back on the heat “And aside it being the cloak of the night. We are also a cloak of secrecy as we shield all vulnerability and weakness from the enemy.” The man paused “We are the protector to all supernatural creatures, you know that, but it’s written in the stones and stars that you’re born to protect those wolves.”

“Many people don’t believe this, but Raven is also the guardian of the night. Yes, the owl is wise. But, Raven is smarter.” He continues, “You know that we’re not just any normal Yakuza, Rei, I told you that time and time again,” He sighed “We have an oath to keep, people to protect, and a secret that shall never be out to the public.”

It was practically hard to keep up with this old man now, he’s just speaking in cryptic. “You can’t abandon this family, Rei, even though I know you hate what I made you go through, but you can never leave. There are responsibilities harder than the ones I put you through. You have to continue this legacy once I die.”

The room fell into an utter silence again before my grandfather start once more. “Remember when I took you to the Bane Mist Pack?”

I nodded

“I didn’t take you there to train them.”

I frowned

“We were there to protect you.”

My frown deepened

“The Kawaguchi’s life was at stake from that point onwards, that’s why we all had to flee somewhere. Those people are our allies.”

This is really hard to take in. “Why take me away for a week, and not months?”

“When your grandmother and I received the threat, we thought of staying a month or a year, at least. But, it seems like that person who sent us the threat was only messing with our heads, though it wasn’t a game to us. We had to take you out immediately.” He paused “Especially after the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter