▬ Gasoline ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------------------------------------------------

[Rei]

It was no surprise when there was,  at least, one big burly men standing against the walls of the compound, mainly to prevent me from leaving the house. I had expected it, actually.

Who ordered this house lockdown? The answer is obvious, my grandfather, that bully of an old man.

Why did he do that? Well, simple, because I had disobeyed him and disappeared yesterday, so I am punished to a non-stop training. By ‘non-stop’ I meant it has been over solid 16 hours of boredom and torture. I couldn’t even go to school because of this.

I had informed Miyu beforehand that something had come up and I couldn’t attend the classes today. She didn’t question me for that I have warned her not to. I need to get someone’s note from my IT class once I return, but whom? I’m not friends with any of them. But that’s another problem I’ll worry about later.

What I need to do now, is, get out! That old man had doubled his men to watch over me. For a grown 22-year-old woman to be watched by innumerable bodyguards in the Yakuza world is unheard of, it only shows how dangerous the woman can be if they are careless with her.

It is highly impossible for them to catch me sneaking out. It is also extremely out of the question to escape the wrath of any Yakuza’s family member. Mine in particular.

Ever since I turned 17, I was trained against my will. With all the brutality forces and my own gullibility chained upon me in the past, I really had no say in anything. And I’ve become a hard shell of a human being, very cold and merciless at times.

When my parents were alive, they forbid my grandfather to train me into a killing machine. I remember how the old man pressed my father to start preparing me, for something which he spoke about very cryptically. I may not have trained earlier on at young age; however, I can say that I’ve always been a pretty good observer and listener. I visited my grandparents in Kyoto every summer while I visited my mother’s side of grandparents in winter and spring.

As a child, everyone expects them to be clueless or give them something to play with and they’ll get distracted until they’re tired. No, I was very different from the rest of my cousins. My grandmother used to tell me that I was too sharp minded at the age of 8 because I recalled being in my grandfather’s office with him and two brooding middle-aged looking men talking about an agreement, weapons, and war. And I knew then who they are.

My father’s entire family is a Yakuza; it has been that way for many generations. At 8 years old, I find that their ‘we are one’ code was terrifying (which later I thought was stupid and unreasonable as I’ve matured); the code was they would die together than dying alone. And the infamous symbol of the Kawaguchi clan is Raven, the ominous black birds.

When I was small and naïve, I really looked up to them and I thought how it was cool having a badass of a family. But, as I grow over the years and have matured – mentally – I finally saw their true color. They are what you call a monster. They have a heart of stone – not sure if they have one – but even if they do, their hearts are darker than the shades of night, colder than the December winter.

Appearance wise, yes, they may seem like normal sweet looking grandparents, my aunts and uncles included. Yet, beneath all that friendly neighborly façade, they’re vicious and most of all, unkind. And all together, they are the legendary and indestructible Kawaguchi clan, and unfortunately, I’m a part of them.

Actually, I’m a half of them, since my father is Japanese while my mother is Korean – nonetheless, I’m still one of them. To be honest, I prefer hanging out with my grandparents from my mother’s side. Obviously, they’re ordinary, but despite their normalness, they’re actually cool. They have a lot of stories to tell, ones from their young years and they make me want to have what they’ve experienced. Explore the world, meet different kinds of people, and fall in love.

As much as I’d like to be with my mother’s parents, I can’t because as stupid as this may sound, my gut tells me that I have to stay with this side of the family. I honestly don’t know why, but I just have to believe in my instinct despite whatever’s going on.

My breath rages furiously over this dreadful training my grandfather was putting me through. These so-called new drills by this awful inexperienced instructor are absurd. They’re all children’s movement.

“Again,” The instructor’s annoying women-like voice rung throughout the room “Raise you knife a little higher this time.” He ordered.

“Don’t tell me what to do,” I warned in a low menacing tone.

For a split second, he looked frightened but recovered quickly the second my grandfather graces us with his presence. The instructor looked smug once again and immediately tucked tail in front of the old man, showing submission too soon.

What a coward! I scoffed.

“Something funny you’d like to share with us, Rei?” The old man caught me as the instructor smirk, at me. Oh, the nerve of that guy.

I glared at the instructor keenly “Yeah, that pansy over there doesn’t exactly know how to train anyone,” There was a flash of doubt overlaying the old man’s aging face.

“Your nonsense won’t get you out of training. You’re practically out of shape.” Said the man who controls what I consume most of the times.

I chuckled sardonically “Could’ve just called me a pig while you’re at it,” Continuing my taunt with a roll of my eyes “He – is what you call nonsense. His name is not Takatsu, its Daehwan. He’s a full-blooded Korean, a blue belt Taekwondo student at a school nearby.”

My gaze remained fixed on the so-called instructor, standing a couple of feet away from him. He obviously doesn’t know me, if he did, he would’ve already jumped over to the other end of the room.

“This is Aikuchi, even a quarter-blooded Japanese would know. You don’t just hold it and raise it; you either throw it or cut someone’s throat with it.” I took another step towards him while he took a step back, scared for his dear life.

I stare at him one last time before I flung the dagger to the pillar behind him, nearly taken his ear off. His knees must’ve buckled up to have him fall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter