▬ Wild Horses ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------------------------------------------------------------

[Rei]

"This is all, your, fault!" My grandfather's voice echoed in my head, causing me to jolt up from my slumber. Sitting straight on my Japanese futon of a bed, I was gasping, literally begging for air to refill my lungs once again. It was just a dream – no, scratch that – it was just my typical nightmare.

Suddenly I came to a realization that the shirt of my pajamas was drenched in sweat. My hair stuck disgustingly on my face and neck, and obviously, I reeked of sweat.

I'm hundred percent sure that the split air conditioner was working just fine yesterday, I think. But for some reason, this morning, I feel like I had slept in a human-sized oven because it's so freaking hot. Though, deep down in my gut, I had an inkling that the old man purposely cut off the air cooling system just to torture me or maybe that thing was actually broken.

Right now, that's the least of my problem to worry. Huffing my way off my bed, I left the remaining hours of my sleep for a cold shower and get ready for college. My classes won't start until 9 in the morning but the clock on my bedroom wall showed it was only 6:30 am. Rolling my eyes at my whiny self, I dragged myself towards the bathroom because I really need to get out of here.

I decided to skip breakfast, again. Only because I didn't want to eat with my grandfather and his dark brooding aura which keeps looming over my personal space, especially this early in the morning. And everyone knows how bad it'll end up, with both of us at each other's throat – so, no, thank you.

On my walk to school, I stopped by a convenience store and bought myself an ice cream because, A – ice cream is forbidden in Kawaguchi's household, and B – I've been craving for it since yesterday.

The middle-aged woman who owned the store cast me a weird glance as she pinned the code. Handing her the exact amount, I gave the lady a small smile as I took the ice cream off the counter of the checkout and continued on my usual path to school. It's not every day that I smile or eat ice cream in the morning, but for once I just don't give a damn, and I really need something cold to calm myself.

As I've mentioned, what happened earlier this morning was just another episode of my nightmare. It's a repetitive vision that I am yet not comfortable with disclosing it and it made me hate going to sleep – sometimes, when it gets out of control, I had to force myself to stay awake and no matter how hard I try, eventually, I would just doze off.

I sighed in relief once the building of my college was in sight; my feet quickened its pace. Fishing my phone out the back pocket of my jeans, I groaned, it was 7:45 am.

"What am I going to do?" There was one hour and fifteen minutes left until class actually starts. I glanced around the eerie foggy looking campus whilst deciding whether if I should just stay put and wait in the class or go somewhere else like my secret gazebo for instance.

Curious, aren't you? Well, no one knows about the location of the gazebo except for my best friend, Miyu, and I. I found it during my freshman year and so much had happened since.

I walked past the IT department and head towards the woods behind the building which covered half of the campus ground. The gazebo was only a couple of feet away from the entrance of the woods.

Finally reaching my destination, I took a seat inside of the gazebo; I didn't forget to take out my black leather cover A6 sketchbook that Miyu had given me as a present on my 20th birthday. I can't say that I'm amazing at drawing, but I say I'm pretty decent at it. I sketch everything except human because I’m simply bad at it but I tried.

Recently, I've been obsessing with all kinds of glorious animals like the rare breeds of white tigers. However, they're not the kinds that I was talking about, what peaked my interest are wolves. They're the ones that filled my mind and sketchbook most of the times – half of the book is filled with sketches and doodles of them.

I don't know why, but probably because I’ve read too many fictions that involved werewolves, vampires, witches and all those supernatural beings – I blame Miyu for forcing me to read all kinds of crap, though I have to admit that half of the books she recommended are a good read. But back to what I was saying, the otherworldly beings are actually fascinating, especially with their ungodly abilities. Despite their flowing of awesomeness, I am not going to comment on their existence because they are just stories base

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter