▬ Kill Our Way To Heaven ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--------------------------------------

[Rei]

I wasn’t sure for how long was I out, but the moment I regain my consciousness, my entire body aches, it was as if I had been hit by a car and my throat felt as dry as though I was left in the desert for days without water.

Stirring awake, my eyes fluttered open, Bambam took the seat on the right side of the bed and a lady who looks to be in her mid-forties was on my left. Both of them stared at me in both pity and admiration, at the same time, not sure why though.

I wanted to sit up against the headboard of the bed, but the throbbing pain coming from under my left rib made it almost impossible to move. Even when I forced myself up, the lady gently pushed me back down and said, “You need to rest to restore your health and the blood you lost. Being a human like yourself, it takes a lot of time for the wound to be completely healed and for you to return to your daily chores. So rest,”

Violently, I shake my head in protest, “No, you don’t understand. I can’t stay here. I have to go.” My voice came out sounding raspy. Leaving the comfort of the bed, I ignored the pain burning from my left side of the body, and was quick on my feet. Quickly, my hand grabbed the familiar bag lying on the end of the bed and dragged my tired self out.

Bambam and the lady was hot on my heels, begging me to stay put and rest. Tuning out their pleadings; I gently placed a hand on the injured area, trying to ease the pain a little as I continue finding my way out.

That was all soon stopped as I crashed into someone’s chest. Looking up, I found Mark’s eyes on me, glazed with guilt, before it morphed into his familiar impassive look “What the hell are you doing up and running?” He pointed sternly.

Rolling my eyes in annoyance, I pushed myself away from him, “What do you think I’m doing, idiot? I’m leaving.” My feet continued to venture down the hallway to find the stairs.

“Are you crazy?” Following suit, his eyes never wavered from me “Those wounds won’t close up for weeks or, at least, months for you.” He stood before me, not letting me walk any further.

“Mark! Don’t let her leave!” The lady screamed from behind.

I groaned, ignoring the situation “I don’t care if it closes or not. Just move, please.” I stepped aside.

He moves forward again, his hand reaching me.

“Don’t you ing dare touch me;” I snapped, my tone laced with venom “You’ve done enough.” He flinched as those words left my mouth, the look in his eyes was unreadable but I could care less. Sidestepping him, I left the house, slamming the door shut behind me.

The second I was out, darkness greeted my vision, night has already befallen. ! I look around to see the never-ending layers of the forest before and around me. How the hell am I going back to town? I don’t even know where I am.

I walk further away from the house which I assumed was his. There were more houses down not far from his. At the corner of my eye, I saw a group of teenagers standing by a couple of cars. Thank God!

“Hey!” I called, gaining the kids attention.

They all cast a wary glance at me. I just had to roll my eyes “Mind if I hitch a ride with you guys?” I eyed each and every single one of them “You guys, are heading towards the town, right?”

They stayed silent despite my gentle approach. They were seriously getting on my nerves. I took a deep breath before puffing em’ out again, something told me that these kids belong to Mark’s pack, and the next words leaving me came out sounding harsh “I was here with Mark. Now, please, anyone answer my God damn questions.”

At the mention of that jerk’s name, the teenager’s eyes widened, and finally one of them did as I ask. Obviously, he’s their Alpha, and they don’t dare to defy him.

“Yea, we’re heading to town for our casual night out.”

I smiled weakly “Okay, so, can you guys just drop me off in town?”

All at once, they nodded their heads.

“Thank you.” And with that, I hopped in the car with the rest of the teenagers.

----------------------------

I walk into town feeling very lightheaded and irritated by the constant reminder of the searing pain stabbing on my left side. I need a painkiller. Now!

My eyes wandered around and found a pharmacy. I rushed towards it and walked up to the counter feeling almost relief.

"I need a painkiller," I said tiredly.

The pharmacist nodded “What kind of painkiller are you in need of?”

In that moment, all the name of the medicines I ever learned disappeared from my memory, “I don’t know how to tell you what kind, but I’m in need of those strong painkillers for heavy deep injuries.” I demanded tiredly. I know that I was still bleeding because the more I continue to walk, the dizzier I get and the more blood seeped through the stitches, gauze, and this unfamiliar dark shirt I was wearing.

“Okay,” The pharmacist said as he went and search for the drug. Not long after he was gone, he returned with the painkillers on the counter “Anything else?” He eyed me suspiciously.

I straightened my posture, trying not to attract any more unnecessary attention “Anti-bacterial alcohol and medium-sized gauze. That’s it. How much is it all?”

The pharmacist went and returned with the things I asked for and told me the price; I paid him the correct amount and left the pharmacy as quick as I can.

I was going to head straight home but was stopped when Miyu saw me.

“Rei,” Her voice gentle as ever, “Listen,” She approached with steady steps “I just want to say that I’m sorry. I know now why you had to do what you did; he said something horrendous that hurts you. I admit I was shaken up to have seen you like that, but again, you did what was right. You stood up for yourself.”

Breathe, Rei, breathe. I reminded myself.

“That jackass deserves nothing but a kick in the balls.” She said smugly, making me laugh, though it came out sounding painful.

Miyu eyed me from top to bottom, “Are you okay? You look pale.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter