▬ Trouble's What You're In ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-------------------------------------------

[Rei]

I know there was something wrong with me when I feel my temper rising and trying to control me from the moment I opened my eyes this morning. Or maybe I just have an anger issue, and I need to fix it ASAP. But, seriously, something is wrong with me this week; my moods are all over the place. It’s like something’s messing with my head, but I can’t put my finger on what exactly.

I become more irritated when a spar session was brought up and I had to fight in one of the spars to not make it seem like I was being a brat. When it comes down to this opponent of mine – I went berserk, saw nothing but red and out for the kill.

Ditching my weapon on the ground and went bare hands, punching the life out of the guy. He would’ve died if no one had stopped me. Two of my grandfather’s men held me back, holding me down until I calm myself. I told you, I don’t know what’s going on with my head.

Finally, when everything seems level-headed to me, I paled at the sight. I realized that I was so close to killing him. “I’m sorry,” I muttered, surprising everyone present.

Suddenly, I feel so drained that I collapsed in the hands of the men holding me back.

After what feels like hours, I finally woke up. Not a pleasant wake-up call, I’d say. I heard voices arguing outside of my bedroom, and it irked me to the bone. “I’m still here, ya know, alive and breathing!” I spoke, silencing them before they slide the shoji door open, revealing all of my grandparents.

When I said all, I meant my Southern grandparents are here too, along with the Yakuza ones. I sat up on my futon almost immediately. What are they doing here?

Before I was able to greet my other grandmother, she glared at the old man standing on her far left to the door. “What happened to my granddaughter?”

Sigh.

As much as I want to see them going head to head, I can’t because my head still feels like it’s about to explode. I sighed tiredly, “Please, stop,” Uttering the words carefully.

“I don’t want to be rude, but this is still my personal space that I can breathe without holding back.” I could see my healer of grandmother’s face morphing into one of those pity looks. “So, please, go to the dining hall or the tea room if you want to bicker.” I sighed once more “And if you want to see me, then wait for me in one of those rooms. Please.” I pleaded.

The elders eyed me with caution. “I’m fine. Just give me a minute.” was all I said before flopping back on the bed.

Not a second later, a knock resounded through my room. A familiar face of the house’s helper enters with a tray of small teapot and cup.

“Set it in the tea room, I’ll be there in a bit,” I said.

The lady who looks no younger than my grandmother seemed a bit wary when I instructed her to take the tea to the said room. Despite my hazy head, I noticed how this is the first time she appeared to be stressed out over God knows what, but I wasn’t going to dwell on it.

She said nothing but took the tea to the tea room, I supposed. With another lungful of sigh, I exhale sharply – I got up, leaving my resting place and headed over to meet my grandparents.

They were in the tea room. I had to clear my throat before entering as to gather their attention first and then walked straight to my seat, which was in the middle-corner between them.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed my Southern grandmother (Grandma Eunsuh) narrowing her eyes at me. Before I had the chance to take a sip of the tea, I placed it back down “Yes, grandma?”

She shook her head, “I was just wondering why you have different kind of tea than we do?”

I frowned, “We’re having the same tea.”

“No. I can smell the chrysanthemum all the way from here, and something else.” Her eyes continue to zero in on the tea in front of me. I didn’t have to guess what she’d do next, so I just handed her the cup of tea for her to inspect and satisfy her curiosity.

Suddenly, the lines on her forehead deepened, turning into a scowl. “Who made this tea?” Her voice shifted to a colder tone.

“One of the helpers,” I said.

Her once warm eyes flickered into harsh looking ones. “What’s her name?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter