▬ Ruins ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-----------------------------------------

[Rei]

Training was all I did the entire weekend, no one was at home, they’re off to one of those secret location meetings. Thank God for that. But, I guess, some of the helpers of the house were around.

“Be the next successor, my !” Wheezing out a ragged breath and moved my feet accordingly, slicing the air “He can do that all alone until he dies.” I grumbled to myself, remembering what the old man had told me this morning in the tea room.

My grandparents sat across me, the tension was slowly starting to build. “Rei, I don’t think I should keep this from you any longer.” He paused “I’ve said this before; time is slowly catching up to me.” Why is he being so cryptic?

My grandmother sat in silence, sipping her tea. She only cast me a few sympathetic glance every now and then, but no more than that.

“Out of my all grandchildren, I’ve decided to choose you as my next successor.” I could feel my heart slowly sinking. I don’t want this.

I held my breath “Why? Why me?”

“When the time is right, I’ll tell you myself.” His eyes immediately fleet to the right side of the room as one of the house’s helper enter with our tray of breakfast. I wasn’t sure why we didn’t eat in the dining hall, but like I could care to join them.

I heaved a long annoyed sigh before turning my attention to the garden on my left.

I knew he’d ask me to take over the Kawaguchi’s family business sooner or later, but I didn’t expect it to be this soon. Plus, for the umpteenth time, I don’t want it. It’s a hassle. Like I once said, my cousin, Miura or anyone else interested can have them.

Suddenly everything became still when I heard footsteps heading towards me from behind. In a swift, my Katana shifted to the culprit who dare interrupts my time alone. The eye of the sword stopped right between his eyes.

When I said ‘his’, I meant Mark. And for some odd reason, He’s here alone, at my house, looking battered and bloody. Nonetheless, he looked unfazed as he glanced between the Katana and me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, annoyed.

He clicked his tongue disapprovingly “You do have a poor manner,”

I snorted mockingly “Look who’s talking.”

He only rolled his eyes “Do I have to drop on my knees and go into a coma for you to help me?”

I scoffed, “You’re asking me for help? Me? The person you despise!” I did a double take at the chance given “Someone did a great job at bashing your head.” I laughed dryly “I’ve never actually heard you ask for anyone’s help other than your friends,”

He shot me a look,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter