▬ My Heart is a Storm ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--------------------------------------

[Rei]

For three solid weeks, I avoided the old man and in that time where I thought I’d have my moment of freedom – boy! I was wrong.

Why? Well, that’s because another individual has decided upon himself to make my life a living hell. Guess who? Cue the finger drumming, though we’re in no need of that, but, a little mystery wouldn’t hurt anyone.

Obviously, it’s not Miyu; she does that all the time. But then again, there’s no mystery in this story, it’s just my grandfather, me, and that butthole called Mark Tuan.

I was hoping for three weeks of stress-free – but no – with him existing in the same lifetime as me, he made it almost impossible to have one.

Remember the time where my grandfather faced me off in a challenge of life and death and I ran to my parent’s burial ground? Yeah! What happened afterward was never told.

The second time that mongrel spoke to me was brief and very annoying! So annoying that I wanted nothing more than to strangle him right on the spot.

You know what he said to me? Of course, you don’t because you weren’t there. But here’s what happened.

I was in the library in the aisle of contemporary art having some alone time until someone decides to ruin it. I just had been able to escape Miyu’s never-ending interrogation about my lack of fashion and the obvious scar on my cheek, and now this.

“I guess it’s true what they say,” He pretended to be interested in the book in his hand before smirking at me “Karma is a .” He eyed the wound on my cheek and neck.

Rolling my eyes out of irritation, this guy is either brave or just plain stupid for coming up at me and had the nerve to provoke me. Taking a couple of deep breaths, I briefly closed my eyes, trying to defuse the anger that was about to explode inside of me and did the best that I can to ignore him.

It hadn’t been more than – what? 3-4 days since we officially met, might I say in the most unfriendly approach? He’s totally asking for another black eye.

I took the book I was looking for and checked it in the system, and left the library.

And on the same day, before I officially ignored my grandfather. The old man got shot, the bullet missed his heart and went for the shoulder, but still, the bullet moved and almost cost him his life and the entire Kawaguchi clan. Apparently, sources told me that he was out searching for me with his men. And here’s how it went down.

I reminded myself that once I get home, I’m going to go straight to my room and that’s it. But, something had happened while I was away for the past 20 hours.

Everyone was rushing in and out of the infirmary room; they all looked pale, fear looks weird on their faces. They ran past me as if I was invisible. This is new, but obviously, something was wrong.

I decided to follow one of the men into the room built especially when times like these happen. I stood by the frame of the door and saw my grandfather lying on the white bed sheet covered tatami mat, his head on a pillow, trying to support him.

His shoulder was badly injured as if he had been shot. And my assumption was right when one of the house’s helper told me that someone – an enemy had shot the old man when he was out searching for me this morning.

Why would he bothered himself and search for me? He could’ve just told his men to do the job.

I rolled my eyes as I watch over the men trying to save my grandfather’s dear life. I leaned against the door by now, folding my arms across my chest, looking bored. I watched how the entire house was running around like a chicken without a head.

My grandmother was trying her best to stay calm – I supposed the old man’s got about 15 minutes to live before the bullet moves to places that could actually kill him. I was going to watch him die, but if he dies, the entire Kawaguchi is on the same train as he is.

Kawaguchi’s got a lot of enemies lining up to kill us, so what makes you think if the old man dies, my life would be peaceful? No! I’m practically a dead man walking.

I’m only saving his because of two reasons. One, if he dies, we die with him. Two, he’s my grandmother’s soul-mate. The lady’s words, not mine.

I huffed in annoyance; frustrated at the sight of anxious-looking people, “Move!” One word and everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter