▬ Monsters ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------------------------------------
*Trigger warning - mentioned of suicide

 [Rei]

My pace increased, my range widened, my breathing steadied. I hear the incoming attack from my left; I ducked, stretching my right leg out, sweeping it in a circular motion and finally pinned down my opponent to the floor.

Success!

I saw a ghost of a smile tugging on the corner of my grandfather’s lips. I cheered mentally, yes!

“Next!” The old man’s loud raspy voice boomed through the paper thin shoji door.

My next opponent entered the room with his hulking size of arms going unnoticed; my eyes widened in a fraction, quickly turning to the old man, I shouted, “Have you lost your mind?”

I, for one, have never backed down from a fight, but this time around – I wanted to. I started to feel cornered for no reason.

My grandfather shot me a glare.

“Come on, princess,” The hulk had the nerve to taunt me, in front of everyone present. Fine! The old man wants to watch me destroy one of his best warriors, then, let him have his way.

I could feel my fear being over-layered by the excitement that’s buzzing through my veins syncing with my wrath that’s just clawing to get out. They want to see flesh and blood; I’ll give them a head on a silver platter!

The big guy thinks that he’s got the upper hand. Boy, he’d wish he didn’t step up to the challenge, and now, he’s going to get what he deserves.

Thinking that he has the upper hand, he made the first move, trying to land a punch or two – the keyword is trying – left and right on my face and my abdomen area. What he didn’t expect from me, was, I was quick to sneak behind him and not even halfway through the match, I made him kneeled, his hands pressed underneath my feet, and his head locked in my arms, ready to snap at his neck.

His life was in my hands, the only thing that’s stopping me was the tiny light of humanity strumming the chords of my heart.

In a blink of an eye, the old man was on his feet, stopping me just in time, raising his voice as he sends chills down everyone’s spines.

“Rei,” His voice, yet again, boomed throughout the entire compound. My chilling gaze lifted to meet his fiery ones. “Enough.” He ordered.

I snorted, “Why? Didn’t you say once ‘Never think twice if you’re going for the kill’?”

He wanted a merciless soldier, then, here I am. My grandfather’s eyes darkened with mixed emotions; I could see anger, disgust, fear, and most of all, regret.

“That’s enough, Rei!” He said sternly.

I took a deep breath and finally let the hulking man off of my deadly grip. The man coughed from the lack of air, and everyone immediately dispersed to their chores as soon as my grandfather exited the room, leaving me standing there with my thoughts.

From the corner of my eye, my grandmother carefully approached me. My hands shook in anger and disgusted with myself.

She placed her warm hands over my cold ones with kindness in her eyes “It’s all right now. Your grandfather shouldn’t have pushed you like that; he’s probably beating himself up right now for doing such things.” She sighed, dejectedly, “On the other hand, your friends are here. Go clean up and I’ll make tea.”

I froze. Friends, what friends? I’ve never brought anyone over to the house, not even Miyu. I my heels to find seven boys standing by the hallway with their jaws hanging lose except for one person, in particular, the one who had experienced being personally choked by me – the one and only Mark Tuan. He looked as if he knew what the big man felt, broken pride.

“What are you guys doing here?” The cold and hostility were clear in my voice. Who am I kidding; I’m never nice when it comes to surprises and stuff, especially a sudden and unexpected visit like this.

I saw hints of fear, clear in the eyes of the two youngest boys here. I sighed dismally knowing that I had hurt their feelings.

Taking a deep breath, I let myself be the bigger person, “I’m sorry,” this time around; I saw the stunned look in Mark’s eyes. He probably didn’t expect me to apologize too soon. “Let me go freshen up first, and we’ll talk.”

--------

After cleaning myself up from sweat and blood, I headed over to the tea room where the boys are told to wait. The tea my grandmother promised had been placed in front of the guest and my own.

I sat across from them, facing all seven of them; it was traditional that the owner of the house should sit in front of the guests than to circle around like a campfire.

All of them sit still, not sure what to do or how to approach the impending conversation. I heaved a silent sigh “Please, have a drink.”

Bambam stuttered in his movement while the rest raised the cup as gentle as the steam flowing in the air.

It shows that they weren’t afraid of some pesky human who kills with a weapon in hand while they can claw out ones’ heart with their bare hand. I’ve experienced it firsthand, remember Mark and I? Going at each other in the woods?

I wasn’t sure what they’re all doing here, but one thing I’m positive with is that they wouldn’t be here if Mark wasn’t here, especially after what happened last time, with him against the wall pressed between my breakable forearms.

Yea…

I smiled slightly. “I apologize for how I acted earlier; it was rude of me to approach all of you like that, so again, I’m sorry.”

One guy in particular – blatantly scoffed at my small yet kind gesture. ‘One,’ I breathe in ‘Two,’ I breathe out, and so forth...

Jaebum momentarily glared at the person on his left, before shaking his head at me “No, we’re the ones who should apologize for barging in at the wrong time – Are you okay though?”

This is what you call a gentleman, and Miyu sure is lucky. I gave him a small smile “I’m all right.” Obviously, they saw what happened in the training area, but I wasn’t about to let it be the constant reminder of this wonderful evening.

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but we’ve met in front of the IT lab before, haven’t we?” The male sitting on Jaebum’s right spoke. I think it was Jinyoung, his name.

I nodded my head “Yea, long before I kept passing out and waking up at the pack’s house, and obviously not as stifling as this.”

“I agree,” He chuckled casually.

“Oh, so you’re the red hair girl he talked about!” Jackson said cheerfully.

Yugyeom’s smirk didn’t go unnotic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter