▬ Radioactive ✔

An Alpha and A Yakuza [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

----------------------------------------

[Rei]

The 2 weeks break had come to an end, and I, have to return to my reality. I didn’t want it to end so soon because that was the most fun I had in the past 6 years. The time I had left with them was well spent; there was no drama regardless of the cryptic hint they dropped on me, no hard feelings. We enjoyed each other’s company until it was my time to leave.

It was hard to bid farewell to my maternal grandparents, I almost cried when they sent me off on the bus. They waved at me until the bus was no longer in their view. It really was hard since that was the first time in 6 years I made a comeback to my mother’s hometown. I’m going to miss them a lot and I don’t know when I’ll come back again.

School opens in a day and I still have to go back, at least, before my Yakuza grandparents returned from Kyoto. Well, that was my original plan, until – I walked through the gate of the Kawaguchi, feeling the air around me shifted menacingly. Call it a gift, but I’d like to think of it as intuition. I could feel the fine hairs on my arms and neck standing, alarmingly. And I hate every bit of it.

Are they here already? So soon!

I scan around the perimeter, cautiously, and my gaze fell on my cousin. Miura Haruma. I don’t know what it is about him, but I never liked him, ever since we were small. Despite my obvious dislike and my tendency of being cautious around him – he, on the other hand, was always the smiling and happy-go-lucky guy. Trying to dissipate the tension around us, he said so, once upon a time.

Nevertheless, I still don’t like this horrible inkling in my gut I have about him. Deep down I know that he’s got different agenda, and those smiles and generous act of his are just for shows.

I nod at him as a sign of acknowledging that he was there. He returned the gesture with a nod and a smile. Now, the smile he just cast on me looked devious. I ignore the rest of his assessing eyes on me and quickly find my way to my room. What is he doing here? I know he’s got something on his sleeves, I can feel it in my bones.

Great! I threw my duffle bag on the side and plummeted onto my futon. Groaning and wailing like a whale through my pillow. My life is going to be more miserable now that he’s here.

“Rei-san, your grandparents requested to see you in the dining hall.”

I groaned even louder. Sitting up on the futon “I’ll be there in a moment.” was all that I said. Quickly pulling myself together, I reminded myself that I needn’t be afraid of anyone, and I made my way over to the dining area.

Standing by the entrance of the dining hall, I cleared my throat to imply that I’ve arrived in their presences. My grandfather who was talking so animatedly with my cousin, Miura, earlier seemed to immediately stop at my arrival.

My grandmother was on her feet, approaching me with a huge smile on her face “Rei!” She pulled me into an embrace “I’ve missed you so much.” I don’t know how my mind could switch back to the stone cold Rei in just a split second because that’s what I was doing. I guess my guard is always automatically up and about in the company of my grandfather and cousin.

I hesitantly returned the gesture “I’ve missed you too, Obachan.”

“How was your trip? Tell me all about it, please.”

I couldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter