Untitled

Collections

A short and random one LOL
And it has no title
-----_____-----

 

...

 

......

 

Nghhh...

 

Uh...?

 

Opening her eyes, the doe-eye looks around slowly, analyzing her surrounding carefully. She doesn't really recognize the place and she doesn't know how she ended up here too. Her mind feels blank. A loud sound penetrates her ears, shocking her and almost throwing her off her feet.

 

Feet?

 

She looks down. And found out why she couldn't feel anything with her feet. She wasn't on the ground in the first place. Somehow, she's floating. She tries to get herself down but fails terribly. The more she struggles, the further away she gets from the ground. While she continues her attempt to get down, a group of people swarms the road noisily. Every single one of them is wearing the same blouse and skirt. Without realizing it herself, she got closer to ground and dodges the girls as they pass by her as though she isn't there.

 

0h wait! I got down!

 

Finally, she realized it. Slowly, she settles her feet on the cold, hard ground. Not that she actually feels anything. It felt like she's just standing on a smooth, concrete floor. No. It doesn't even feel like she's standing on anything. It's weird. It's almost like she lost all her senses except for her sight and hearing.

 

Skipping past the girls carefully, she arrives at the place where they exit from. The huge gate is open and girls continue to swarm out from the place for a while more.

 

Scarlet Girls?

 

The sign on the tall walls shows the name for the place. It felt somewhat familiar to her, but nothing comes to her at all. Since the guard doesn't seem to notice her, she decided to check the place out to see if she could remember anything. Her name, her age, her address... She forgets everything. She doesn't know how she ends up floating in mid-air either.

 

Almost every room in the building is empty. The field and the courts are occupied though. Just as she's about to head for the courts instead, she noticed a slightly ajar door in the distance.

 

Reading club...

 

Says the sign on the door. Another sense of familiarity engulfed her, this time, even stronger than before. Taking in a deep breath, she enters the room as quietly as she could and the first thing she notices is a photo of a girl hanging on the wall, right beside the shelves. The room isn't big but the books are many. It's like a mini library. But more importantly, the photo. Why is there a photo hanging there? Why just one? Moreover, it's in black-and-white too. It's almost indicating that the girl isn't around anymore...

 

Did the girl...

 

She felt sad all of the sudden. For the girl and for whoever hangs that photo up. That person must have deep bonds with the girl. Probably. She gets herself off the ground to be closer to the photo.

 

Do I know her...? She seems kind of... familiar...

 

Just then, she hears the door closing and the sound of books dropping to the ground got her attention. As she turns, she saw the shock from the face of the girl who's standing by the door. It's like she just saw something terrible or scary. Instead of picking up those books she had dropped, she rushes towards the clueless doe-eye and grabbed her by her hands.

 

She can see me?!

 

Before she knew it, she's in the embrace of the girl. She doesn't know what's going on but her senses seem to be returning to her slowly, starting from the moment she had her hands held. She could feel it. The warmth and the touch. The harsh breathing the girl has and the trembles.

 

"You can see me?"

 

And her voice is back too.

 

"Yes! Of course I can! How can I not!" The girl sobbed.

 

"But... It doesn't seem like you're supposed to be able to see me though... The others couldn't..."

 

"I'm special, ain't I? To you, am I not special...? Are all your promises lies...? Even though you have already broke the most important one... Please let the other promises be true..."

 

"... W... What promises...?"

 

The girl froze up and pushed her away immediately. Her face shows her shock clearly and this time, it's not in a good way like before.

 

"... I... Erm... I can't remember anything... I'm sorry..." She apologized, though she's still confused about the situation. "Even my name and my face... Who am I... What am I supposed to be doing... Nothing. I can't remember all those... Before you came, I even forget how to speak..."

 

"Your name... Your name is Yoon Ah. Im Yoon Ah." The girl seems to have calmed down a little as she replies. "But everyone just call you Yoona or Yoong... I call you Yoongie."

 

"Ah~ wow. My name sounds pretty nice~ how about my face? How do I look? I couldn't see it because I didn't have a reflection. I went to the restroom just now and the mirrors show nothing but my surrounding."

 

"... That photo." The girl pointed to the black-and-white photo, her hand trembling so much more than before. "... Is yours..."

 

"... Ah... Seems like I'm right, huh..." Yoona sighed, feeling sad all of the sudden. "The girl is dead and the girl is me... I'm a ghost now, am I wrong? But it seems like I share a special bond with you? You're the only one that can see me."

 

"I'm Sooyoung. I did have a special relationship with you. Until you died and forgets all about me that's it."

 

"... May I ask... how did I..."

 

"I... I told you not to... Why... Why?! Why did you insist on jumping even though I told you that everything will be alright?! Why can't you just trust me to bring you through your tough times?! Why do you have to choose to die instead of relying on me!? WHY?!" Sooyoung burst out instantly, much to Yoona's shock. "YOU PROMISED! YOU PROMISED THAT WE WOULD BE TOGETHER FOREVER, YOONGIE! BUT YOU... But... But you..."

 

And she started crying so much that none of her words is coming out properly. Yoona got a gist of whatever had happened to her now and she couldn't felt more terrible, for choosing the wrong way out of her problems and also, making this girl cry. This girl who cares so much for her.

 

"... I'm sorry..." She hugs the girl tightly. "I'm sorry, Sooyoung... Even though I didn't know why I choose dead as my way out... I'm sorry that I chose it... I'm sorry that I broke our promise too... And also, I'm sorry for making you sad..."

 

"... It's not fair...!" Sooyoung cried, holding Yoona tightly. "It's... It's not fair how much you're affecting me even though you broke the promise and left me... It's so freaking unfair..."

 

"I'm really sorry..." Yoona pats the girl on her back gently. "... What happened to me..."

 

"... You lost your parents in an accident..." Sooyoung calmed down, for now. "You were in it too but you survived it... But you lost your mind after that, saying that it's unfair that you're the only one who survived that terrible accident. You fell into depression and five days after you recovered from your injuries.... You... You..."

 

"... I see... I didn't get to see them though..." Yoona chuckled. "Maybe they didn't want to see me anymore, knowing that I chose such a stupid way to end my problems."

 

"I told you I can support you from then on, Yoongie... I told you I can help... Why wouldn't you listen..."

 

"I'm sorry... I really lost my mind, I think..."

 

Sooyoung let go of the girl and stares at her briefly, letting out another sigh as she wipes her tears away. As much as she resents how the girl could break their promise so easily and abandon her without hesitation, she couldn't stop herself from loving the girl so much until now. The reading club disbanded on that very day the girl left, and Sooyoung is the only one frequenting this room now. Even though it makes her upset, she still hangs the photo of the girl in the room to be reminded of her. She just couldn't let that feeling she had for the girl go.

 

"How do I usually call you, Sooyoung?" Yoona took a seat on the table, near to where Sooyoung is.

 

"... Youngie..." Sooyoung answered, feeling kind of embarrassed saying that herself.

 

"Youngie? And you call me Yoongie, right? Were we just really, really close or were we... Erm... couples?"

 

"... The latter..."

 

Yoona became quiet for a moment, making it more embarrassing and awkward for Sooyoung. She knows that Yoona had forgotten everything and saying all these are just so weird for her. It's most like she's just taking chance of the fact that Yoona doesn't remember a thing to make herself a couple with the girl. After all, the girl is really popular and everyone else wouldn't want to let up this kind of opportunity, would they?

 

But of course, she wasn't lying about them being a couple. She's just afraid that Yoona, having forgotten everything, wouldn't accept that.

 

"I see♡" Yoona finally says something, with a bright smile. "I must have been really lucky when I'm alive, huh?"

 

"E... Eh?" Sooyoung stares at the girl blankly, unable to process the situation properly.

 

"To have such a cute girl as a girlfriend, and have her loving me so much... It's really bad of me to not cherish you more when I'm alive... I'm sorry, Youngie."

 

"... S-Stop saying sorry...!" Sooyoung blushed. "... J... I... I'm the lucky one...! Y-Y-You just forgotten how popular you were when you're alive! The members of the reading club are here only because of you... I... I... I'm really thankful and happy when you accepted my confession..."

 

"Ehhh?? But you're so cute..." Yoona couldn't understand why it sounds like she's the only popular one.

 

"I... I'm kind of gloomy... Before I get to know you... And... And you're nice to everyone that's why you're popular, it's not only because you're good looking..."

 

"Youngie, you're stuttering a lot. That's really cute of you♡"

 

"... S... Stop that... You're making me embarrassed..." Sooyoung turns even redder and she looks away, trying to calm herself down by avoiding direct eye contact with Yoona. Even with her memory gone, Yoona is still the same as before. Sooyoung finds herself falling even more for the girl now, though she feels that she shouldn't, now that the girl isn't really around anymore. But she couldn't help it.

 

"Hehe♡" Yoona grins. She sincerely thinks that the girl is cute for being so embarrassed and everything. The love for the girl is probably still there, somewhere, in her mind and her currently non-existence heart. She couldn't feel her heart pumping since she doesn't even have a heart, but she's sure that it will be if she has it. "Youngie, can I stay by your side? It sounds like I don't have a home right now anyway and I want to go by our promise too♡"

 

"... I... I don't mind..." Sooyoung peeks at the girl and looks away quickly when she notices that the girl is smiling so beautifully at her. Yoona smirks as she floats towards Sooyoung quietly, planting a gentle kiss on the girl's cheek, surprising the girl greatly. "Y-Y-Yoongie...!!"

 

"Why? Did we not do this type of things before?" Yoona points to her own lips, indicating a kiss on the lips. Sooyoung blushed and shook her head. "Awww~ I guess it's because you're this awkwardly cute huh?"

 

"I... It's not...! I wasn't really like this before today! It's just that... that I felt nervous because I haven't seen you for a while now and you just appear in front of me suddenly... My feelings for you are overloading, Yoongie."

 

"But why haven't we kiss before? Isn't it normal for a couple to do that?"

 

"We aren't that ready yet. We give each other pecks on cheeks and foreheads but we avoid the lips. Because we love each other too much, we couldn't do it..."

 

"Like what you said, overflowing feelings for each other that we both couldn't handle our beating hearts, huh?" Sooyoung nodded, shyly. Yoona chuckled, wrapping her arms around the girl gently from the back, resting her weightless body on the girl completely. Sooyoung glances at the girl and smiled to herself, before getting out of the room and locking the door behind her. With Yoona on her back, she walks home at a slower pace, wanting to spend more time with the girl, alone.

 

"I'm home." Sooyoung called out as she enters the house, with Yoona on her back. The girl is already sleeping. Her mum came out from the kitchen and greeted her with a smile. As expected, she couldn't see Yoona at all. Sooyoung tries to keep things natural while she walks up the stairs, to her room upstairs, with her mum watching her. Carefully, she drops Yoona on her bed and covers her with the blanket, before sitting at the edge and staring at the girl. She didn't change a bit. Not even her activeness. Sooyoung couldn't feel happier about that.

 

She's so glad that she gets to see the girl once more.

 

Lips.

 

She blushed, recalling what Yoona asked her earlier on. She wasn't lying when she says that they had yet to attempt a kiss on the lips before. Now that Yoona had forgotten everything, will it be alright them to try it? Sooyoung gulped as she fixated her eyes on those lips of the girl. It's tempting her.

 

Yoongie...

 

She the girl's face gently before leaning closer slowly. At that moment, Yoona opens her eyes suddenly, shocking her. She almost wanted to move away but Yoona grabs her face and brings her closer with a smile. For the first time ever, they share their breath thoroughly with each other. Sooyoung could feel sweetness seeping throughout her whole body and before she knew it, she's sitting on the girl and kissing the girl on her neck.

 

"Youngie, let's not go there yet." Yoona stops her, planting another sweet kiss on the girl's lips. Sooyoung nodded and plops down beside her, keeping herself close.

 

"Soo, dinner time." Sooyoung's mum came in suddenly, making Sooyoung jumps up in shock as she tries to explain herself but to remember that her mum can't see Yoona. "Are you okay?"

 

"Erm... Erm... Can I have it in the room? I'm not feeling that well."

 

"Oh. Okay." With that, her mum disappears to go downstairs, coming back up with her daughter's dinner. The portion seems unbelievable but Yoona kept quiet about it until the lady is completely out of sight and hearing range.

 

"You eat that much?" Yoona asked.

 

"We both do." Sooyoung chuckled, feeding Yoona a spoonful of rice with kimchi. It's a surprise to Yoona that she actually can eat what Sooyoung eats. The two are together while fooling around with each other, stopping when they heard Sooyoung's mum coming, probably to retrieve the food tray. It's then the mum noticed something.

 

"... S... Soo..." The lady looks as though she's going to cry soon. She moves the tray away and pulled her daughter off the bed quickly, looking completely shocked. Yoona couldn't believe what she's seeing either.

 

"W-what...? Did something happened...?" Sooyoung noticed the expression on both her mum and Yoona's face.

 

"Youngie... What are you...?" Yoona asked, her voice trembling.

 

"I am-"

 

"Where are you disappearing already...?! D-Did Yoona comes by?! Are you not attached to our world anymore?" The lady cried out, her words bringing great shock to Sooyoung. It's then Yoona realized what's going on. It's not that Sooyoung is able to see her due to their relationship but due to the fact that, Sooyoung isn't a human anymore. Sooyoung's mum can see her because they are truly related.

 

"... M-Mum... What do you mean...? I... I'm still alive, am I not...?" Sooyoung asked shakily. She turns to see Yoona's presence lighter, probably what her mum actually meant by disappearing due to the lack of attachment to the living world.

 

"... Soo, you passed on even before Yoona did..."

 

"I-I wha-"

 

On that very same day when Yoona's parents left her, she got the news that the bus that her parents' car collided with, Sooyoung is on that bus. The bus collided into the guard rail harshly, causing some of its passengers and the driver to fly out of the vehicle. Sooyoung is one of those passengers. The main reason why Yoona became depressed is because of that.

 

She thought that she will be able to get over her parents' death with Sooyoung's support.

 

But Sooyoung isn't around anymore either.

 

She has no one else left.

 

Death is the only thing she can think of throughout her whole recovery process. Five days after she recovered, she returned to school. That day, Sooyoung is there but she couldn't see her, making Sooyoung thinks that she's ignoring her due to her depression. The clubroom is nothing but reminder of her memories with Sooyoung. With a final crying fit, she heads for the roof and jumped, not knowing that Sooyoung is there, screaming at her to not do it. The remaining club members left the club, thinking that it's cursed, with two members dead.

 

Sooyoung, as a ghost, is left on her own.

 

Sooyoung never did realize that she's dead. Her mother and father greet her normally when she returns home the day she gains consciousness as a ghost. She doesn't have anyone except for Yoona in school, so it's normal that no one talked to her when she attends it. And it feels like she could still eat whatever her mum prepares for her too, not knowing that it's all incenses instead of real food.

 

Her attachment is, probably wanting to meet Yoona once more, after Yoona committed suicide.

 

Yoona's attachment is, probably wanting to see Sooyoung again, though she couldn't remember anything.

 

And now that their attachments are fulfilled, their presences are weakening slowly.

 

"... I... I'm the one that break the promise first..." Sooyoung collapsed to the ground, feeling way to shocked to even stand properly. She notices it now. Her legs are half gone, and her hands are translucent. So are Yoona's. "I... I'm so sorry, Yoongie...! I wasn't able to be there for you when you needed it so much...! I... I even resented you, thinking that you don't care about our promise anymore when I'm the one that... that..."

 

"Youngie..." Yoona floats down the bed gently and hugged the girl tightly.

 

"... Yoona, you're here..." The mum held back her tears as she squats down beside her daughter, trying to sense where the other girl is. She felt something touching her hand, so she grabbed it. "... Yoona, please take care of her for me from now on..."

 

Yes... I will...

 

Yoona wrote on Sooyoung's mum's palm carefully.

 

"Mum...!!!" Sooyoung cried out as she gives her mum one last hug, before her presence dispersed completely, together with Yoona's. It's then the lady let it all out, crying out loud on her own as she held on to her daughter's blanket tightly...

 

xxxxx

 

"... Do you think Mum will be okay...?" Sooyoung asked worriedly, walking down the street in a different world, with Yoona beside her. "... I didn't know I'm... Argh... I just make my mum lose her daughter twice without realizing it..."

 

"Your dad will be there for her. Don't worry..." Yoona stops to give the girl a kiss, and the girl returns it immediately until they heard someone clearing their throats. They stop quickly, to see Yoona's parents standing at the end of their path. Exchanging glance, they held hands and ran towards them, into their embrace...