Attached

Collections

 

"When you take the life of another person, intentionally or not, directly or not, the ghost of that person will be attached to you."

Sooyoung didn't believe that. She thought it's just another superstition talk by the old people to scare them. Until the day when she wakes up to see a pile of bloodied clothing at the edge of her bed that looks awfully familiar to her. It was the first time she's able to open her eyes that wide the moment she wakes up. Being caution about her surrounding even though it's her own home, she looks around for suspicious figure. The sound of the water hitting the bottom of the bathtub could be heard coming from bathroom. Slowly, she got out of bed and moved to stand outside the bathroom. She opens the door quietly in order not to alert the person inside and went in. Indeed, there’s someone in the bathtub with the showering curtain drawn and bathing. She could see a beautiful silhouette, which obviously belongs to a girl. Carefully, she picks up the plunger and tiptoed towards the bathtub. She waited patiently for the person to finish bathing, and the moment the curtain is pulled, she swings the plunger at the person. Much to her surprise, or shock to be more exact, the plunger went pass the person and hits the bathtub instead.

"Ah! The person that I got attached to is a cute girl! How great!!" The person squeals suddenly, ignoring the sudden attack, and hugged the surprised girl tightly. The tall girl remained dazed as the unknown girl continues to hug her. A hug is supposed to be warm. But this hug is so cold. "And did you just try to hit me with the plunger?" The girl moves away and looks at the plunger in Sooyoung's hand.

Sooyoung stares at the plunger and shook her head quickly, not wanting to offend this unknown girl, or ghost. Her eyes shifted towards the body of the girl suddenly, and she could feel a sudden rush of heat up her whole body. Somehow, she couldn't stop staring at the body of the girl.

"Mm..? You're a byuntae eh?" The girl asked, smirking. "I'm a ghost anyway. I can let you stare everyday, since I have nothing to lose anymore. And since you're a girl too. Although it's embarrassing..."

"W... What are you talking about? I.. I'm not a byuntae!" Sooyoung got flustered and went out of the bathroom quickly. She saw the pile of clothing again and turns back, remembering something that she forgets to do. But she turns around again quickly when she sees the girl standing in front of her.

"Self-introduction. I'm Im Yoona, a ghost that is attached to you. Don't ask me why. I only remember getting hit by a car and dying. But when I wake up, I'm already in your room. I thought I should wash up first in case I scare you with all those blood all over me. What about you?" The girl introduced herself as she walks behind the tall girl, following her around the house.

".... Choi Sooyoung. I think I'm the one that hits you by accident and caused your death.... Sorry..." The tall girl didn't dare to look back. She recalled the accident that happened yesterday, when she hit a girl with her car by accident. It happened when she's on her way home, when a girl is pushed towards the road suddenly, right in front of her car. Sooyoung couldn't stop in time and the next thing she knows, is hearing a loud thud. She got out of her car, shocked and scared to see a girl lying in a pool of blood in front of her car.

"Oh? I think I died even before you got down the car, if you did. It's not your fault anyway, so there's no need to say sorry." Yoona smiled, sweetly.

"Who's that guy that pushed you...?"

"A stupid robber.... I was trying to get my bag back and he pushed me..."

"I see... I guess you have bad luck on that day. At least you're not attached to him, right? I mean... He might do something to you..."

"I will scare him every night if I'm attached to him~!" Yoona laughed. Sooyoung laughed too as she turns around and saw that the girl behind her is still .

"Y... Yah! Wear something! Why are you still ?!" Sooyoung almost spit out the milk that is in . "... Crap! I forget I haven't brush my teeth yet! Ahh~!!" Sooyoung puts down the loaf of bread in her hand and ran back to the bathroom to wash up. She could hear Yoona laughing outside. "Why are you laughing...? It's all your fault..."

"Sor... Sorry~! But you're really cute, Sooyoung ssi~!" Yoona continues to laugh, as she lies down on the bed, kicking her legs high.

"Y... Yah!!! W... Wear something! You're and you're kicking your legs like that! Congratulation, you just showed me that part of yours!" Sooyoung's face is bright red right now.

"Oh crap! I'm sorry! Because I feel so light, I forget I'm not wearing anything..." Yoona covers her sensitive spot immediately, feeling really embarrassed.

"Didn't you say you don't mind showing me? Why are you covering and feeling embarrassed right now?" Sooyoung teased.

"Y.. Yah... It's a sensitive place after all.... And I didn't mean to show you my body too. You are standing beside the bathtub and seen it all before I could even cover up. So I thought there's no need to hide anymore... It's still very embarrassing you know...." Yoona pouted, hiding under the blanket as she talks.

"But you don't need to walk around after that..."

"I told you I feel light! I don't feel anything... So I forget..."

"... Good thing you're not attached to a guy or he won't let you go easily...." Sooyoung smacks her own forehead and sighed.

"I can choose whether to let something or someone touch me or not.... They will be touching the bed or air if they try to do anything to me." Yoona replied, smiling proudly. "I don't know how to get detached though..... Will I be attach to you for your whole life...?"

"I don't know... I don't even believe that a ghost will attach itself to the one that took its life..... Until now...." Sooyoung stares at her own bed for a while before sighing. ".... Don't sleep while you're still , Im Yoona!!!" But there's no response. Sooyoung face-palmed herself and searched her wardrobe for a suitable set of clothing. She pulls away the blanket, bearing with the heat in her cheeks and the increases in her body temperature as she helps the girl to put on some clothes.

-----

“For goodness sake!! Put on something! Stop walking around the house like that! It’s the fourth time this week already!” Sooyoung almost slammed the door close without entering the house, when she saw the doe-eye girl wearing nothing, sitting on the sofa and reading some magazines leisurely.

“… Eh? S… Sorry! I forgot again!” Yoona looks at her own body and got up quickly, running towards the room.

“Didn’t I tell you to put it on immediately after bathing?” Sooyoung sighed, as she puts down her bag on her bed, watching the girl as she searches the wardrobe for something to wear. “… What if someone sees you…?”

“Mm? Nah~ They won’t. Only you can see me.” Yoona replied.

“No… I mean… There are people that can see ghosts, isn’t it? I’m afraid that one of these people might see you and start having some weird thoughts and…”

“Are you worrying about me, Youngie~?” Suddenly, without the tall girl noticing, Yoona is sitting on the girl’s lap and smiling. She’s holding a shirt in her hand but she isn’t wearing it. Or, she forgets to wear it first. Sooyoung's eyes shifted downwards suddenly and her face turns red instantly. Seeing that, Yoona chuckled. "You like looking at my body, don't you?"

"W... Who says so!? I... I..."

"Someone is getting all flustered~ How cute~" Yoona teased, as she leans towards the tall girl with a mischievous grin. Sooyoung couldn't do anything but to lean backwards and soon, she finds herself lying on the bed, with Yoona on top of her.

"W... What are you d...doing?" Sooyoung stuttered.

"What do you think?" Yoona answered with another question, as she presses her own body against Sooyoung's.

"We... We can't! S.. Stop it..." Hearing that, Sooyoung pushed the girl away quickly.

"Ohh~ someone's thinking dirty~~ You actually think that I'm gonna do it to you~?" Yoona laughed, as she stood up and puts on the shirt. Sooyoung clenched her fists tightly as she states at the girl, who is going back to the wardrobe to pick out a shorts.

"Y... You..." Sooyoung got up and pulled the girl away from the wardrobe, throwing her back on bed. "You are forcing me...."

"H... Huh? Youngie...?" Yoona is surprised. For the one whole month that she spent here, Sooyoung has never become like this before after her tease. She tries to get up but Sooyoung pinned her down immediately. "Y... Youngie... What are you doing..? You're scaring me..."

"... Y... You know my heart, don't you? You know how I feel, right? Answer me, Yoongie..." Sooyoung stares into the eyes of the girl lying under her. Yoona continues to give her a blank look and shakes her head slightly. "Why are you always tempting me, Im Yoona...? Why?!"

"... I... I don't understand..." Yoona is getting more and more confused by Sooyoung's actions and words. It's really scaring her. Sooyoung didn't reply anymore. Instead, she started kissing Yoona's neck, much to the doe-eye girl's surprise. Yoona bits her lips slightlyand soon, Sooyoung finds herself on the bed, without the girl lying there anymore.

".... Y... Youngie... You're doing it to me...? Why..?" Yoona is now standing behind the girl, with a sad and confused look.

"... I... I like you, Yoongie...." Sooyoung confessed.

"But I'm a ghost! And.., and you're a human!" Yoona couldn't believe her ears.

"S... So what? I like you! No. I love you! Love is unpredictable, Yoongie! I just started falling in love with you without realising. I told myself I can't do this but I just couldn't stop loving you! Each day, you're making me fall for you even more, Im Yoona... I'm serious..." Sooyoung is almost shouting now.

Grabbing a random shorts, Yoona ran out of the house after hearing that. Sooyoung gripped the bed sheet tightly in her fists, slightly regretting what she just did. Meanwhile, Yoona stops running at a nearby bus stop and sat down. Sooyoung's words keep on replaying itself in her mind and she wanted to get it off.

"Miss, are you okay?" Suddenly, someone taps on her shoulder, causing her to look up. She sees a familiar face but she couldn't remember who is it. But there's another problem too. This guy just tapped on her shoulder and talked to her.

".... Y... You can see me...?" Yoona blurted out, totally shocked.

"Yea... Why not?" The guy replied, looking at her as though she's mad. After staring for a while, Yoona finally remember who this guy is.

"... Y... You... You're the one that pushed me to the road and caused me to get hit by a car! You're that robber!" Yoona got up from the seat quickly and pointed at the guy, shouting loudly. The guy seems surprised at first but he soon smirks. Without saying a word, he starts to search bag for something. Sensing that something isn't right, Yoona moves away from the guy slowly, ready to run.

"Erm.. Well yes. I recognise you, miss. Because of you, I almost got into trouble with the police. Plus, I can't forget someone as beautiful as you, can I?" The guy moves closer, with his hand still in his bag. Yoona got worried and turned around to run, but the guy is faster. He stuck something on her back and she could feel her energy getting drained. Yoona runs as fast as she could, back to Sooyoung's house and collapsed into the surprised girl's arms.

"... Yoongie?!" Sooyoung is surprised to see the girl back suddenly, but she even more surprised to see the weaken girl. Noticing the charm on the girl's back, Sooyoung tears it off quickly and throws it away. "Who stick that charm on you?!"

However, before Yoona could even reply, she fainted. Sooyoung carried the girl and placed her on the bed, covering her with the blanket. Somehow, Yoona’s presence seems weaker now. It’s as though she’s going to disappear soon. Sooyoung could feel heat rising, as her emotion starts to become a little unstable. She ran out of the house and her eyes dart around, looking for a suspicious person. A guy caught her attention almost immediately.

“YOU! You’re the one that place that charm on her?!” Sooyoung grabs the guy’s collar immediately after she got close, and pinned him to the wall angrily. The guy looked at her for a moment and started laughing, much to the girl’s surprise.

“You’re the owner of the car, aren’t you? I see… She’s attached to you. I was worried that she might be attached to me and got all the charms prepared, in case she comes and haunts me.” The guy smirks.

“She didn’t even do anything to you! Why are you trying the kill her twice?! You caused her to die once, and now you’re trying to kill her the second time? Are you a human?!” Sooyoung screamed, shaking the guy hard.

“I am. She’s not.”

“DAMN YOU!” Sooyoung swings her fist at the guy’s face, and he fell to the ground. Without restrain, the girl started beating the guy up, venting all her anger and sadness on him. She doesn’t want to lose the girl. Even if she’s a ghost, she doesn’t want to lose her. She wants the girl to be attached to her forever. But somehow, she got this feeling that that will never happen. A few passersby tried to help the guy and pulled the girl away before the guy got beaten to his death. “LET ME GO!”

“Miss! Calm down, miss!” The guy holding on to the girl tightens his hold, and soon the girl calms down. She pants slightly as she glares at the guy on the floor. Something seems to hit her and she broke free from the hold immediately, running back to her house. The girl’s presence. It’s almost gone now.

“YOONGIE!” Sooyoung ran back to her room, to saw the girl looking pale and transparent. “Y… Yoongie, please. I beg you. Don’t leave me…. Stay attached to me, Yoongie… Please…”

“… S…. Sorry…..” Yoona could hardly speak. She grabs Sooyoung’s hand and pulls it closer, writing some words on the girl’s palm. As the girl writes, Sooyoung starts to tear up. She waited for the girl to finish writing, before pulling the girl in for a hug. Yoona smiled and whispered ‘thank you’ into Sooyoung’s ears, as she starts to fade away into the air. Soon, she disappears completely, leaving the tall girl alone in the room.

Sorry, Youngie…. I didn’t mean anything when I ran out earlier. I’m just surprised. To be honest with you, I…. I like you too. I’m happy when you confessed. Really… Sorry for making you sad………

Yoona never get to say those words, and the words that she wrote on Sooyoung’s palm is, ‘I love you too’. Sooyoung clenched her fists tightly as tears starts to overflow. She let out a loud and long growl as she starts to hit everything in sight, sending her things flying in all direction. Smashes and crashes could be heard clearly and her neighbours came knocking on the door soon after. She didn’t care. She continues to smash her own stuffs, from the bedroom to the living room, to the kitchen.

“Y… Yoongie...” After calming down, Sooyoung sat down on the sofa and called out the name of her love softly. “I love you, Yoongie….”

-----

“It’s said that she had been talking to herself since two months ago, and it became worse after she beats up a guy, accusing the guy for killing the person that she loved twice. How absurd. How can a person die twice?” The nurses are gossiping among themselves as they came out from the ward of the newly admitted patient.

“What can you expect of someone that got admitted to this hospital? They are all crazy people anyway. At least this one doesn’t hurt anyone or herself.”

However, just when the nurses stop their gossips, the tall girl barged out from her room suddenly and her eyes darted around the whole area. The nurses didn’t dare to say a word, not knowing what is wrong.

“Yoongie, where did you go to?” The tall girl asked, softly, as she continues to look around. “Yoongie? Yoongie, where are you? Why did you run away suddenly?” Just when the nurses thought it’s going to be alright, the girl started running towards the stairs and up the stairs. Sensing that something isn’t right, the nurses followed her quickly and soon, they found the girl walking towards the edge of the building.

“Sooyoung ssi! Don’t go over there anymore! Don’t do anything silly!” One of the nurses shouted, but the girl seems to be talking to someone and unable to hear her. The nurse signaled to her colleague to go get a doctor here quickly and tried to get the girl to stop while they wait. “Sooyoung ssi. Please don’t go over there. There’s no one there.”

“SHUT UP! I’M TALKING TO YOONGIE!” The girl turns around suddenly and screamed at the nurses. She then turns back with a smile. “Sorry, those noisy women will not disturb us now. Yoongie, what are you doing in the sky? You know how to fly?”

“Fly…? This is bad. We have to stop Sooyoung.” The nurse panicked. They started running towards the tall girl, as the girl climbs up the edge of the building slowly. “SOOYOUNG SSI! DO NOT JUMP!”

“I’m coming, Yoongie~ I will fly with you~!” And she jumped. The nurses missed her by a second, and soon, a loud thud is heard.

-----

“Yoongie~~” The tall girl jumps on the doe-eye girl instantly after seeing her.

“… Youngie…. What are… Why are you here…?” Yoona stares at the tall girl in disbelief.

“I don’t know. I woke up and I’m here. I’m so glad to see you again, Yoongie~” Sooyoung replied, hugging the girl tightly. “I’m not going to let you go again, Yoongie. I’m attaching myself to you permanently.”

“…. Youngie….” Yoona sighed.

“I love you, Yoongie.”

“Yea… I know…”

“…. Yah. Reply me properly….”

“Araso. I love you too, Youngie…”

“That’s better~”