I'm a Girl Part 02

Collections

 

“Who is this, Yoong... ie?” Sooyoung managed to say out the nickname that Yoona wants her to use. She can see that Yoona is actually irritated at the sight of this girl, who has features that look similar to Yoona’s. They are almost like twins. Just that she is more tan than Yoona. After Sooyoung had spoken, the girl turns towards Sooyoung immediately and stared at her, with fire burning in her eyes.
“Kwow Yuri. Her girlfriend.” The girl continues to stare at Sooyoung, as she put on a smile that seems to be conveying some message to Sooyoung. Message like ‘You are my rival. Love rival.’
“GIRLFRIEND?! Stop telling other people something that is absolutely fake! It’s all your own imagination! Your own feeling! I, unlike you, is STRAIGHT!” Yoona emphasised greatly on the word, straight, as she glared fiercely at Yuri. “And, stop staring at my friend! It’s rude!”
Sooyoung understood the situation immediately, and she stopped herself from saying anything.
“Can’t you be more gentle to me? After all, it’s been a long time since we met..” Yuri looked at Yoona once again, with puppy eyes this time.
“Hmph. Long? It’s been only a few stupid hours! Don’t think that I didn’t know that you had been stalking me since our graduation.”
“Oh. You found out? Hehe..”
“Sick. You are really sick...”
“It’s because I love you too much, Yoona~” Yuri pulls Yoona in for another tight hug.
“Gr.. gross! Get lost. Let’s go, Sooyoung.” Yoona pushes Yuri away, grabbed Sooyoung’s hand and walked off immediately. Yuri is the reason why she despised the love relationship between two girls so much. Yuri had been after since two years ago, when they first met. It was probably love at first sight for Yuri. At first, Yoona did not know that the reason why Yuri suddenly came to her and asked to be her friend. But she soon knew after receiving weird messages from her. After being pushed away, Yuri followed Yoona right away and clings to her. So, the current situation is, Yoona holding on to Sooyoung’s hand and Yuri is clinging tightly to Yoona. Overall, it is a weird picture. Quite.

-----

“How long do you plan on stalking me?” Yoona stops in her step. She is feeling irritated by the girl behind her. At first, she planned on ignoring her but ever since she appears in front of her and say weird things openly in front of her new friend, she could not tolerate it anymore.
“You don’t have to bother about me. Just do whatever you want.” Yuri replied with a smile, even though Yoona is not even looking at her. Yoona starts walking again, and before Yuri could do anything, she speeds up and ran off, disappearing round the corner. Dumbfounded, Yuri lagged for a while before she attempts to give a chase. However, it was too late. Yoona is nowhere to be found. Disappointed at how her stalking fail, Yuri dragged her body back home.

-----

Sooyoung was doing her homework in her bedroom. While she was fretting over the difficult math problems, she suddenly got reminded of the two things that happened today. Firstly, she almost lost her first kiss to a girl. Secondly, being misunderstood as a love rival of some girl that likes other girls.
Come to think of it, yuri actually means girls love in Japanese.. And that girl’s name is Yuri... How ironic..
“Sooyoung, are you studying?” A voice interrupted her thoughts. It was her mother’s.
“Yes, mum.” Sooyoung replied. “Argh.. What’s with this question? So frustrating...”

-----

The tanned girl stood outside of the average looking house. She has been there for the past 20 minutes in fact. The door soon opens, revealing the owner of the house.
“Oh? Yuri-ssi? Are you waiting for Yoona?” the middle-aged man asked.
“Good morning, Uncle. Yea.. Is she ready yet?” Yuri greeted the man politely in a formal tone, bowing.
“Ah.. She’s ready. Would be out soon. Sorry that for making you wait.” The middle-aged man replied, with a awkward smile. “Yoona! Are you done yet? Your friend is waiting for you!”
“My friend?” A familiar voice was heard, and it cheered Yuri up immediately. The owner of the voice soon appears at the door, neatly dressed in her school uniform.
Ahh~ She’s beautiful and cute, as usual~ Even in this ugly uniform, she stands out..
“Hi Yoona!” Yuri greets Yoona excitedly. Of course, Yoona is not happy with this. She closes the door behind her, and stood there for a while, staring at the tanned girl, who is smiling widely.
“Why are you here?” Yoona asked coldly.
“To wait for you to go to school together, of course.” Yuri replied.
“I don’t want to see you. Especially in the morning. It makes my day bad.”
“Come on~ Let’s go. We will be late if we don’t hurry.”
Yoona looked at her watch. It was still quite early, and her house is close to the school. It takes less than 10 minutes for her to reach there. Even though she does not like it, she still walked to school with Yuri, since she does not feel like running in the morning to make herself tired and sweaty. However, this way of thinking is soon changed when they met Sooyoung on the way.
“Oh? Hi Yoong..ie. And Yuri.” Sooyoung greeted the two of them, while she bites on the piece of bread in her hand. She is still having some problem getting use to using the nickname that Yoona wants her to use.
“Hi Youngie.” Yoona took a glance at Yuri. After confirming that she is not looking, Yoona grabbed Sooyoung’s hand once again and started to run, dragging poor Sooyoung behind her. Sooyoung was, of course, shocked and almost fell down just now. Yuri continues to stand at where she was just now and stared intensely at the clumsy figure that was behind Yoona. She is determined. Determined that Sooyoung is her love rival.

-----

“Class, we have a new student joining us. Let’s welcome Kwon Yuri.” The teacher announced, signalling to the tanned girl who was standing outside to come in. Anger suddenly set in for Yoona. First the stalking, second the weird things that she says openly in front of her first friend and now transferring to the same school as she was. Just what the hell is wrong with this girl!? Yoona did not even bother looking at her. Noticing that, Yuri was only slightly saddened, since it is not the first time Yoona did this to her.
“Now, Yuri-ssi, why don’t you sit at the empty seat at the back?” The teacher pointed to the seat at the back, beside the window.
“Sir, may I request to sit here? I can’t see very well.” Yuri pointed to the seat where Sooyoung was sitting at, which was beside Yoona.
“Sooyoung-ssi, are you willing to give up your seat?” The teacher asked. However, before Sooyoung could answer, Yoona interrupted. “No. She is not going to give up her seat, sir.”
After spending some time re-assigning seats for some students, it was later decided that Yuri will be sitting beside Yoona, with Sooyoung on the other side. In other words, Yoona is in between the two of them. And Yoona is obviously upset, but there is nothing that she can do about this.

-----

“Yoong..ie, are you good in math?” Sooyoung suddenly pop the question at Yoona, as soon as the break starts.
“Huh? Ah.. yea. Quite. Why?” Yoona answered.
“I need help in math. I at it.”
“Ohh.. why not we..” Yoona suddenly stop as she noticed the tanned girl was listening. She would not want this girl to be presence to disrupt their study time. Neither do she wants this girl to be around and cause trouble to Sooyoung or herself. “I will tell you later about it.”
Later that day, while Yuri is not looking, Yoona quickly scribbled something on a piece of paper and gave it to Sooyoung.
‘Meet up on Saturday. P.S Erase everything and reply with Yes/No, plus the place that you want to study at. As clean as possible.’
After reading, Sooyoung erased the words immediately, leaving no trace and wrote her reply. It was agreed that they will do it. However, one thing that Yoona is worrying about it that, since the tanned girl had been stalking her, she would definitely find out where they are going and when. She has to try to drive her away. The lessons continued. Sooyoung was falling asleep and trying to keep herself awake, and Yuri is busy. Busy looking at Yoona.
“Choi Sooyoung and Kwon Yuri. Are you listening to my class? Do you want to get out?” The teacher bellowed, throwing the chalk at the two of them.

-----

Time is passing really slowly for both Sooyoung and Yoona. The only one that seems to be enjoying is Yuri. After all, Yoona is beside her. She feels happy just to be with Yoona.
“Kwon Yuri, what are you looking at? Is there something interesting over there?” The teacher notice that the girl is looking somewhere else again.
“It’s something WAY better than looking at you and listening to you.” Yuri did not even bother to face the teacher. The class burst into laughter and the teacher is obviously angered. So is Yoona. It is happening again. She remembers how Yuri used to skip all her classes in middle school just to stand outside her class and look at her.
“Sir, I think she is looking at Yoona-ssi.” The boy sitting behind them raised his hand and shouted. Indeed, if you look from the back, it was quite clear that Yuri is looking at Yoona.
“If that’s really true, then I agree with Yuri-ssi. Looking at Yoona-ssi is way better than looking at the teacher. So much better.” Another boy commented. The rest of the boys nodded in unison and started to drool again as they all focused on the three girls in front. The class soon gets noisier and noisier. The teacher tries to stop the chattering but failed, hence, he decided to just leave them to be like that and rest. It is their second day here anyway, so he feels that there is no need to be too strict with them. Yuri continues to look at Yoona, Yoona continues to read the textbook and Sooyoung continues to read her comic book. And this went on for almost the whole day.

-----

After a long week, it was finally Saturday. Yoona felt incredibly excited today. Today feels like it is a date with Sooyoung. Over the week, her likings towards Sooyoung increased and she did not even realise the fact that she was actually in love with Sooyoung already. Yoona packed everything she needs into her bag and went out of her room. She stood behind the main door and peeked through the door hole to check whether Yuri was around. All clear. Slowly, she opens the door, came out, lock the door and set off.
“Yoona~” A familiar voice was heard.
Oh god... Dammit..
Yoona turns around. True enough, it was Yuri, skipping happily towards her. Before Yuri reached where she was standing at, Yoona ran off, down the streets. Seeing that, Yuri quickly speed up her pace and chase after her. But Yoona, being a good runner, is too fast for her. She soon lost sight of Yoona. Yuri slowed down and stopped to catch her breath, while she thinks hard about where Yoona might have gone to.