Guilt and Love

Collections

Can't think of any title so... =w=;;
-----_____-----

 

It's endless. All the confessions and love letters that are bursting her locker every single day. She's alright with it at first but having to meet up and reject people after people isn't what she likes. In fact, she hates it when she has to see those dejected looks on the confessors' faces. It makes her feel so guilty about rejecting but it's something she has to do.


"Aww, another full-locker day for you. I envy you, Yoona." Her friends chuckle at the sight of the love letters stuffed in her locker. Without fail, she would get these every day. Being a nice girl she is, she reads every single one of them and meets up with whoever gives it to her to reject them as soon as possible so that they will not carry the feeling for too long and get hurt in the end. This kind of thing has to be ended quickly.

"I would gladly let you take my place, if you want." Yoona sighed, picking out the letters and putting them together nicely. "It's tiring, you know..."

"So you should just date someone. People will stop disturbing you if you start dating, right?" One of her friends suggested and for that moment, it sounded like a great idea.

"But I don't have someone that I like." Yoona replied.

"Just find anyone and go with him or her. But do find a good looking one unless you want your fans to harass that person. Or someone that people fear."

"... That's hard... It has to be someone that likes me as well, right? But won't it be like I'm making use of that person's feeling for me?" Yoona sighed, finally sorted out all the love letters properly and keeping it in her bag.

"I'm sure that person won't mind if he or she truly likes you. Getting to be with you would be like hitting a jackpot!" The friend grins widely and her eyes move to focus on a certain figure standing nearby. Noticing who is that person and what is that person doing, she turns away quickly, her face paled out.

"Does something matters? You look pale all of the sudden." Yoona asked, touching the face of her friend. It's so cold and she's trembling too. "What's wrong?"

"T... That demon girl is looking this way..."

"Demon girl?" Being too busy with studies and all the love confessions stuff, Yoona hardly has time to bother about anything else. She knows that there's another person in school who is quite famous in the wrong way but she didn't know why and who is that person.

"C... Ch... Choi... S... Soo... Sooyoung... She's the one behind all those fights we always heard about. No one dares to go up to her unless you're looking for a good beating."

"Really...?" Yoona finally turns around to look at the infamous demon of the school. Her eyes met with that girl, briefly. The girl seems surprised for some reason and looks away instantly. "She looks pretty alright to me. Not scary."

"That's... That's because you didn't see her temper yet...! We should get going. It's not going to be good if we stay near her for too long...!" With that, Yoona got drags out of the school by her friends. In that short moment when she passes by that rumored demon girl, she thought she saw the girl staring at her intensely with tints of redness on her cheeks. Maybe it's just the color of the sunset reflecting on the girl's face.

…..

"M... M... Meet me after school at the arcade nearby...!!" The tall girl shouted, her eyes not even on the target of those words. She slammed a piece of paper on the table of that person and stalked off quickly, leaving everyone in their shocked state.

"W... What did you... you do, Y... Yoona...?! Why did she wants to meet you..?!" The friends of the targeted person shook her shoulders violently, crying out of the fear and shock.

"I... I... I don't know...! I didn't even talk to her before...!" Yoona replied, picking up that paper and looking at it. "Ah... She wants to meet alone too."

"W... What...?! Is that why she's staring at us, I mean you, yesterday?! Do... Don't go, Yoona. Don't go. You will die!"

"Yes, Yoona ssi. Please don't go. It's too dangerous for you." Other students start to crowd around, trying to persuade the girl to not go for the meeting.

"But it's not right to leave someone waiting after they ask you to meet them, right? I believe she's not a bad person, guys. Don't worry too much. I will be fine, I promise." Yoona smiled at them as she keeps the paper into her pocket, determined to find out why that girl asked her to meet her after school. All of these, were seen by the tall girl herself and she thought that her heart is going to burst out of her chest soon.

…..

"Sooyoung ssi? Are you here?" The doe-eye girl enters the noisy place on her own and looks around carefully, trying to find the tall girl. She came to meet her, like how she's told to in a rather scary way. She doesn't remember interacting with that girl so why is the girl looking for her?

"Im Yoona." Her name is called and she turns around to see that girl standing behind a door. "Come here. Now. Quickly."

Yoona did so obediently. She enters the room, and the tall girl closes the door, locking it. It's the resting room for the staffs here.

"So... Erm... Sooyoung ssi-" Yoona spoke but she was interrupted.

"Go... Go out with me!" The tall girl grabbed her by her shoulders and shouted right into her face, shocking her. "I... I want to date you!"

"W... What...?" Yoona blinked. Did she hear things correctly?

"I say that, I want to date you! Go out with me!" Sooyoung repeated, her face turning red real fast. She's dead serious about this. So it's another confession?

"S... Sooyoung ssi... Erm... Can we s... sit down and talk...?" Yoona gulped, not quite understanding the situation to be honest. She thought that she would be in for a beating for some reason, if all those rumors are true, but it turns out to be an aggressive confession?

"O... Okay...!" Sooyoung let go of her immediately and sat down on the chair nearby roughly. Yoona pulls a chair over and sat in front of Sooyoung, making the girl a little flustered and shy.

"This is kind of shocking, Sooyoung ssi." Yoona smiled faintly. "Because you sounded rather angry in school so I thought you are going to beat me up or something."

"H... Huh...?" Sooyoung looks at her blankly. "I... I wi... will never do such a thing to you...! W... Why would I...?!"

"Haha~ of course you won't. I believe you're not that kind of person that they say you to be. It's just a rumor that isn't true, right?" Yoona is now smiling brighter, because the atmosphere isn't that tense anymore.

"I... It's not... exactly wrong... I do have a bad temper and I get offended easily..." Sooyoung starts to fidget around. "People start to be scared of me but you're the only one who isn't... Plus you... tended to me before..."

"... I did...?" Yoona blinked twice. She did? She couldn't remember meeting this girl before so, when did it happen?

"Y... Yes...! You probably won't remember it but... There's one time when I got injured due to a fight with some upperclass guys... I won but I got injured pretty badly as well so I... I went to the infirmary... The nurse is too scared to even stay in the same place as me so I just lay on the bed, not knowing how to get myself treated... But... But you came in suddenly and saw me..."

"... Mm... I think I'm starting to recall something..." Yoona rubbed her chin gently. "So I saw you and...?"

"You told me to get up and before I can shout at you to get you to go away, you start to clean my wounds with care... I... It's the first time someone had treated me with such care and gentleness... I find myself being unable to shout at you and ask you to get lost... And just stare at you while you do the cleaning and bandaging..." Sooyoung's face is now completely red and she doesn't even dare to look at Yoona in her eyes anymore. "T... T... That's when I... start to..."

"... Ahhh... I remember now. I see..." Yoona nodded slightly, and there's silence after that.

"... I'm sorry if I scared you... I couldn't help it but to feel embarrassed and my voice always got too loud when I'm embarrassed..." Sooyoung sighed.

"Hahaha~ that's cute~!" Yoona laughed. Sooyoung looks at her in shock but to smile to herself when she sees that beautiful face of the doe-eye girl. Looking at the girl calms her down, that's if the girl doesn't notice that. Yoona notices that smile and grins at Sooyoung, patting her. "Smile more. You look beautiful when you smile and I'm sure everyone will love you if they see your smile."

That's the limit. Sooyoung's heart burst. She pulls the girl in and hugged her tightly, surprising the girl. She wants the girl badly. Really badly.

'Should I go with her...?' Yoona thought. She remembered her friend's suggestion from yesterday and just right the perfect person that would do the job comes and confess to her. But she feels bad, to have to make use of this pure girl's feeling for her to get rid of those confessions and love letters. Should she really...?

"C... Can you be mine...?" Sooyoung asked, not letting go of the girl. She wanted to at least hug the girl longer even if she has to face a rejection.

"... Mm..." Yoona continues to think about it for a while. "We... can try."

Does that means acceptance? Sooyoung couldn't believe it. Did she just got accepted? Her confession is accepted? She let go of Yoona quickly and stares at her blankly, and the girl merely smiled at her.

"A... Are you... s... serious...?!" Sooyoung tightens her hold on the girl, inflicting pain accidentally.

"Ow..!" Yoona flinched, and Sooyoung loosens up quickly.

"S... Sorry...!"

"Haha~ yea I'm serious. I thought I should at least settle down for the moment. It's rather tiring to go around rejecting people and reading those letters. Plus, you seem interesting hehe~" Yoona grins and she felt guilty when the girl beamed at her. She's going to make use of this girl to get rid of those endless confessions and letters. It's against her moral but she's really tired. "I think I like you too so let's just try out okay?"

"S... So we can kiss?" Sooyoung asked excitedly.

"Erm... No... Not yet..."

"Hold hands and hugs?"

"Moderately."

"Can I fetch you from home and walk you home?"

"... Mm... Just the latter."

"Okay!" Sooyoung grins widely and it just makes Yoona feels even guiltier now. The girl looks so happy about this but the truth is she's just getting used. Her feeling will get hurt if she finds out about the truth.

…..

"Y... Yoona...! Are you okay? Did that demon do anything to you?" The moment the doe-eye girl steps into the classroom, everyone start to crowd around worriedly but to back away instantly when they see that person standing behind her.

"... I... I will get back to my class first..." The tall girl gives the girl a hug and walks away quickly, feeling rather upset. She knows how people view her but still, it's kind of upsetting. The students stare blankly at the doe-eye girl, and the girl smiled at them before walking past them to head to her own seat.

"Yoona... What's going on...?" Her friends asked, not understanding anything.

"Why?" Yoona replied.

"You and that girl..."

"Yea? We are together." Yoona smiled at her friends, who step back in shock. Everyone else who heard that gasped. No one wants to believe that. How is it possible for two people of complete opposite to be together in a blink of an eye? "Wae...? She's not a bad person, guys. She's just someone with a bad temper and doesn't know how to express herself well."

"But... Even so..." Her friends sighed but their eyes widen when they remember about something. They close in quickly and look around before whispering to the doe-eye girl. "Wait. Are you just following what we had suggested the the day...?"

Yoona flinched slightly when she heard that and she bites her lower lip guiltily.

"I... I feel bad..." Yoona sighed. "But she's the most suitable person, isn't she...? She's good looking and it seems like everyone fear her..."

"But Yoona... What if she finds out...? You will get into trouble... I'm afraid beating might not be the only thing you will get from her..."

"No. I believe she won't do such a thing. I know she has a bad temper but she has a pure and kind soul. People make use of the fact that she got that bad reputation and picked a fight with her, making everything worse for her." Yoona defended the tall girl firmly. She talked with the girl yesterday, allowing the girl to express herself more so that they can get closer sooner. After listening to her, she felt even worse, to have to make use of this girl to fend off other people.

"Yoona..."

"It's too late to back out anyway... So I will try my best to return her feelings as well, in order not to hurt her..." Yoona grins at her friends who became speechless. "She's pretty interesting, if you get to know her."

 

“Are you sure…?”

 

“Yes, of course. Don’t worry about it already.”

 

Ever since, Yoona tries to spend more time with her new girlfriend, to allow herself to have more chance to start liking the girl in the romantic way for real but sometimes, things aren’t as easy. They had been together for quite sometime but Sooyoung’s bad temper is no joke.

 

“So you just have to-“ Yoona is trying to teach the girl the solution to a question but the girl stood up suddenly and slammed the table angrily.

 

“YAH! YOU BUNCH OF IDIOTS SHUT THE HELL UP!” Sooyoung screamed at the group of guys who are talking pretty loudly among themselves even though they are in the library. Yoona frowned and pulled the girl down quickly, and when the girl tries to get up again she pulled her back down again.

 

“Sooyoung!” Yoona hissed and the tall girl froze.

 

“I… I’m sorry…” Sooyoung turns into an obedient puppy instantly.

 

“… We need to do something about your temper, Sooyoung. I don’t like it when you flare up suddenly… It’s scary to be honest...” The word scary, coming out from Yoona’s mouth, is deadly. Never once Yoona showed that she’s scared but right now she’s telling her that she’s scary. Biting her lips, Sooyoung nodded and stood up, leaving the library quietly. Yoona knew she just used the wrong word.

 

Stuffing everything into her bag quickly, she picks up their bags and went after the girl. She found the girl sitting at the stairs at the end of the corridor, looking really upset.

 

“Sooyoung, I didn’t mean it that way…” Yoona tries to explain.

 

“I know… I’m just… scary. Everyone is scared of me, and you’re just the same as them… It’s because you didn’t know about me so you didn’t feel anything at first…” Sooyoung bits her lips, almost sinking her own teeth into it. It hurts a lot. Her heart. She feels like crying. Although she looks strong all the times, she’s actually a very emotional girl. But she didn’t want to show her tears to anyone, so she holds it in all the times and let it out only when she’s alone.

 

“No, Sooyoung… I really didn’t mean it that way… It’s just that I always got a shock when you flare up suddenly. It’s like going into a haunted house and getting jumped on suddenly, you see… I really didn't mean it that way…” Yoona sighed, touching Sooyoung’s lips in attempt to try and get her to relax. “Stop biting. It will bleed if you continue… Come on.”

 

Sooyoung stares at Yoona with a tearful look and she sniffed once.

 

“… Cry if you want, Sooyoung. I’m here with you.” Yoona understood it immediately and hugs the girl. Right at the moment, tears start to flow from Sooyoung’s eyes. She’s crying. In front of someone else. In front of the one she loves. “I’m sorry for saying that to you, Sooyoung.”

 

“I… I… I’m the one at fault…” Sooyoung moves away, wiping her tears away. “I… I should have controlled myself more…”

 

“We will work on that together, okay?” Yoona smiles at the girl and the girl’s heart skipped a beat. Her face went red instantly and she nodded shyly. “Haha~ You’re blushing? But I’m your girlfriend for 3 months already.”

 

“I… I… I’m… Y… You’re too… cute…” Sooyoung stuttered, her face turning redder by seconds. She looks away, and peeks at Yoona’s face from the corner of her eyes before looking away again quickly when she notices that Yoona is staring at her. Yoona grins and leans closer, giving Sooyoung a peck on the cheek. “A… Ac… Ack?!”

 

“Your reward for being cute. Haha~” Yoona teased.

 

“S… S… S… Stop… S… Stop teas… teas… teasing… m… m… m… me…!” Sooyoung finds it even harder to talk now, and she knows if this goes on, she might even faint from overheating. Yoona chuckles, throws Sooyoung her bag and stood up.

 

“Didn’t you say you want to walk me home? Let’s get going.” Yoona reaches her hand towards Sooyoung. “Come on, crybaby.”

 

“I… I’m not a crybaby!” Sooyoung grabbed Yoona’s hand and got up, before pulling the girl along. She strolls down the corridor with Yoona proudly, when she sees the students staring at them, either envying her or being scared of her. She likes to show it off, the fact that Yoona is her girlfriend. Yoona noticed that and chuckles, smirking at the girl when the girl turns around to look at her, feeling a little embarrassed now. “W… What…?”

 

“Nothing. Haha~” Yoona grins. Sooyoung smiled shyly and looked back to the front again, smiling to herself as she walks Yoona home. She hates the fact that Yoona lives pretty near to the school. Even though she had been walking slowly on purpose to drag time, the time spent for them to get to Yoona’s house from the school is still too short for her.

 

“Y… Yoona…” Sooyoung called out nervously, as she checks the calendar on her phone for a moment. “C… Can I ask you out for a date tomorrow…?”

 

“Sure. I think I’m free, so why not?” Yoona smiles.

 

“R… Really? I… I will try to make sure that you will enjoy it! O… Our first date!”

 

“Oh right… Come to think of it, we didn’t have an official first date before, did we?”

 

“W… We didn’t… So… To… Tomorrow…! I will come over to fetch you…!” Sooyoung sounded really excited about the date but somehow Yoona just didn’t feel as excited. She watched as Sooyoung hopped away happily, and she felt a stab in her heart all of the sudden.

 

“… Yoong.” Just then, her sister came back and signaled to her to follow her into the house. Yoona gulped, knowing that her sister probably witnessed and noticed something, and followed her in.

 

“Neh unnie…?” Yoona sat down beside her sister.

 

“Do you really like that girl?” The older girl asked sternly. Yoona flinched instantly. Even though they had been together for three months, she’s pretty sure that she’s really just making use of Sooyoung as a shield from those admirers. “End it.”

 

“U… Unnie…” Yoona stares at her sister in shock.

 

“I don’t like it. If you are just going to make use of that girl, end it immediately. This is not the Yoona I know. The Yoona I know will never make use of someone else’s feeling for her own good. End it.” The older girl stated it sternly. “Understand?”

 

“… A… A… Araso…” Yoona sighed. “I… I will… do it tomorrow…”

 

“That’s my dongsaeng.” The older girl stood up and hugs the younger girl, patting her on her head and walks off. Yoona sighed again, and went back to her own room, slumping onto her bed. She has to break it off with Sooyoung in the end.

 

But why do she feel so upset about it? Shouldn’t she be happier when she’s going to stop doing something that is against her moral? Somehow, her heart is hurting. Sooyoung looks so happy about tomorrow’s date too. Do she really has to do this?

 

“Don’t hesitate anymore, Yoong. Stop it before it got worse.” Her sister walked past her room and noticed that she’s probably hesitating again.

 

“A… Araso…! I… I will end it tomorrow!” Yoona got frustrated and got up to slam the door shut, before jumping under her blanket. Without herself realizing it, she started crying to herself.

…..

“Y… Yoona, are you okay…?” Sooyoung noticed the puffy eyes of the girl immediately when the girl walks out from her house to meet her for the meeting. She cups the face of the girl gently and stares worriedly. Seeing that just make Yoona feels even worse. “Did someone bully you? Tell me and I-“

 

“Let’s go. I’m fine.” Yoona grabs Sooyoung’s hand and leads her away.

 

Sooyoung still couldn't get over it. Even though she didn’t say it out, she had been looking at Yoona, wanting to understand and know what happened. The doe-eye girl refused to say anything on their way to their destination and she didn’t even appear excited like how other people would be when the destination is revealed to be the amusement park.

 

“Yoona…” Sooyoung sighed.

 

“H… Huh?” Yoona snapped out of her thoughts instantly and looked around. She finally notice where they are and also, that look on Sooyoung’s face. “O… Oh… Erm…”

 

“Yoona, do you… dislike me?” Sooyoung asked, and that question caused Yoona to flinch. Did she find out about something?

 

“W… Wha… What?”

 

“… Nothing. Let’s go.” Sooyoung forced a smile and held Yoona by her hand, leading her right into the amusement park.

 

Their worries and thoughts were thrown off their mind for that moment, when they are on those thrilling rides and screaming their lungs out. They are not screaming because they are scared but because they are enjoying it. They don’t even know how many times have they ridden the roller coaster, to be honest.

 

On the possibly sixth time on the roller coaster, Sooyoung stares at Yoona, who is still enjoying it to the fullest despite riding it for so many times. She let out a sigh, and pretends to scream again when she notices the doe-eye girl is looking over to her side.

 

“Should we…?” The doe-eye girl questioned.

 

“I… don’t know…” The tall girl replied.

 

Both of them stood near the black-colored house and stared at it blankly. They had tried every single ride they could get on and now they are hesitating if they should test their courage with the Haunted House.

 

“Do… Don’t kill the ghosts.”

 

“I… I won’t…”

 

“You might do it on instinct.”

 

“True… But I will control.”

 

In the end, they decided to go for it, and Yoona regretted it greatly. Not because she’s scared to death inside it but also for another bigger reason.

 

In the Haunted House, though she’s scared as well, Sooyoung held on to Yoona tightly and comforted her after every scare she got. At one point, they got so close and Yoona could feel Sooyoung’s breath on her lips. Her heart skipped a beat and she swears she could hear her own heart beating wildly in her chest.

 

But why? She’s not supposed to feel this way, right? She’s just making use of Sooyoung all these time, and as promised to her sister, she’s going to end it. So why is it that, it seems like something in her is telling her not to end it? It’s as though some parts of her wanted to continue with this relationship.

 

She felt that Sooyoung is going in for a kiss soon and she moved away quickly, walking ahead but to jump back into Sooyoung’s embrace when something appears in front of her suddenly, shocking her.

 

“Are you okay?” Sooyoung asked, sounding really gentle. “I’m here with you, so don’t be scared, okay? Hold on to my hand. I will protect you and bring you out of here quickly.”

 

“O… O… Okay…” Yoona nodded, grabbing Sooyoung’s hand tightly and sticking really close to her throughout the whole journey. Sooyoung looks back slightly and sighed mentally. That attempt to kiss. Yoona moved away from it. It hurts but she’s determined to not show her sadness.

 

“Sit here. I will grab some drinks for you to calm you down.” Sooyoung pats the girl and ran off. Yoona let out a big sigh instantly after Sooyoung disappears.

 

“No, Yoona… You… You shouldn’t be thinking of wanting to continue with this… Y… You will be struck by lightning if you continue to cheat that girl of her feelings, Im Yoona… Y… You can’t…” Yoona murmured to herself, grabbing her chest tightly. It’s seriously hurting so much suddenly. She didn’t notice it but Sooyoung came back and hugged her suddenly.

 

“W… Why are you crying…?” Sooyoung her back gently.

 

C… Crying? Yoona touches her own face. Indeed, she’s crying yet she didn’t notice it. How can it be? Sooyoung’s embrace… It’s so warm and comforting. She doesn’t want to let go.

 

No! Yoona you can’t continue with this! S… Stop making use of this poor soul’s feelings for you! You… You devil! Yoona scolded herself mentally and pushed Sooyoung away, before making a dash out of the place. Sooyoung followed her quickly, stopping her by the roadside.

 

“Y… Yoona…” Sooyoung stares into Yoona’s eyes sadly. “D… Did I hurt you…? Did I do something wrong? Tell me what’s wrong…”

 

“S… Stop being so nice to me! I’m a devil!” Yoona cried.

 

“Huh? How can it be? You-“

 

“I want a break up.” Yoona interrupted and Sooyoung drops the drinks in her hand.

 

“Y… Yoona, listen to me… I-“

 

“… I… I’m just using you from the start!” Yoona shouted. She knows that it will hurt the girl but she got no choice. She has to end this. Biting her lips, she turns her back on the girl and walked off. But her wrist is caught by a strong hand, stopping her.

 

“Are you telling the truth?” The tall girl asked, sounding sad. Obviously she would be.

 

“… Y… Yes…” Yes but, why does it hurt so much? Why does it hurt so much to say yes to that question? Why is she questioning herself? She even hesitated to say that yes to the girl. Why is this so?

 

“Then…” The girl let go of her hand.

 

So this is the end…? Yoona felt a sudden pain in her chest suddenly. It’s so painful. She sighed and wanted to walk away, but the girl pulled her back once again.

 

“I’m not done talking, Im Yoona! Stop walking away from me!” The girl hugs her tightly, restricting her movement instantly, even before she can try to move away.

 

“Let me go! I say that I’m using you, get it? I don’t love you a single bit! I’m just using you so that I can put a stop to those tiring rejecting processes and love letters!” Yoona struggled to get away, her heart hurting as she says out every single truth behind this.

 

“Then, continue to use me as you like! Just… Just let me stay by your side. Use me, Yoona… Use me forever…” Sooyoung sobbed. She’s begging. Begging Yoona to stay.

 

“Yo… Yo…” Yoona couldn’t bear with it anymore. The pain is too much. It’s hurting her so much to see the girl like this. Why is this girl loving her so much despite getting make used of? “Y… You’re an idiot!!” Yoona uses all her strength to get away and dashed off. Tears came falling down as she ran. It hurts. Why? Why does it hurt so much to leave?

 

“THEN LET ME BE THAT IDIOT THAT WILL BE USED BY YOU ALL MY LIFE! I… I REALLY LOVE YOU, IM YOONA!!!” Just then, a loud voice echoed into her ears. That girl had come, chasing after her. It’s not what Yoona had expected. She thought that the girl would hate her to core after knowing the truth.

 

Seeing that the girl is going to catch up soon, Yoona flagged down a taxi quickly and got on before Sooyoung could get her. Sooyoung stood there, and watched as the taxi drove off helplessly.

…..

“IM YOONA! COME OUT!”

 

Yoona almost fell off her chair when she heard that. She was sitting on her chair, looking through some of the photos she took together with Sooyoung during the three months plus time, tears falling as she remembers everything they do. Even though they didn’t have any official date before, except for that one they had today, the memories are still sweet.

 

“COME OUT NOW! I… I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU!”

 

“Yoong?” Yoona’s sister came into her room and Yoona looks away quickly, wiping her tears away before her sister could see it.

 

“Yes…?” Yoona replied, sounding as calm as she could.

 

“We can’t have her screaming there all day long. The neighbors will complain.”

 

“Can you help me to chase her away, unnie? Seems like she’s getting a little clingy.” Yoona requested and the older girl sighed, walking away. The moment her sister walks away, she broke down again. Damn. Why is it hurting so much again?

 

Could it be…

 

“N… Not… It can’t be…” Yoona bits her lips and gets on her bed, covering herself with the blanket. “I… I just need more sleep… Sleep and it will be gone…”

 

“Yoong. She says she won’t go away until you go out to meet her.” Just then, her sister came back.

 

“Damn…” Yoona went over to the window immediately.

 

“Y… Yoona!” Sooyoung spotted her but stop her speech when she sees the girl glaring at her coldly.

 

“GO AWAY! Don’t disturb the neighbors!” Yoona shouted, trying to sound angry but she’s breaking down rapidly on the insides.

 

“No! I want to talk to you! I have something to tell you, Yoona!” Sooyoung replied.

 

“GO AWAY! I DON’T WANT TO LISTEN. WE ARE OVER!” With that, Yoona slammed the window close and draws the curtain.

 

“I WON’T GO AWAY UNTIL YOU COME AND LISTEN TO ME!”

 

Yoona sighed. The girl would probably go away soon if she doesn’t get any reply but that night when Yoona’s parents came back from work, she heard from them that there’s a girl sitting outside, refusing to budge no matter what they tell her.

 

“L… Leave her alone. She will leave soon.” Yoona told them, finishing her meal quickly and locked herself back in her room. She pulls the curtain slightly and peeks out, to see that the girl is really sitting there. And it looks like the girl is… crying… “… T… That idiot…”

 

Yoona finds herself crying again. She just couldn’t understand. Why is it so hard to break it off cleanly? Why is she hurting so much? Her chest feels like it’s going to burst soon. She sat by her window and hugged her knees tightly, crying to herself.

…..

BOOM!!!

 

Yoona woke up in shock, when the thunder boomed loudly. She realized that she fell asleep after crying, and she stood up, stretching her stiff body slightly. It’s raining heavily outside, with thunder and lightning. Looking out, she could hardly see the street clearly despite the streetlights.

 

“Huh…?” Just then, she noticed something else. “D… Damn it! That girl…!” With that, she ran out of her room. Picking up the umbrella from the umbrella holder near the door, she went out and opened the gate, to see the tall girl lying on the floor.

 

“S… Sooyoung! Sooyoung, wake up!” She nudges the girl but the girl didn’t respond. She touches the face of the girl and withdraws it immediately. “W… What the…” She’s burning. She’s running a fever.

 

“M… MUM! D… DAD!! UNNIE!!” She ran back to the door and shouted loudly into the house, waking her family up. They came running out of their room, looking blank and confused. “S… S… Sooyoung… She…” Yoona broke down instantly.

…..

“Good thing it’s not too serious that she need to go to the hospital…” The woman sighed, placing a wet towel on the forehead of the tall girl and leaving the room with the basin of water. “I’m going back to sleep, okay?”

 

“O… Okay… Thanks a lot, mum…” Yoona bowed. After her mother left her room, she closes the door and sat down on the edge of the bed, right beside the girl. She the hair of the girl gently and a faint smile appears on her face. “P… Pabo…”

 

“I love you…” Sooyoung murmured.

 

“… You’re making me confused, Sooyoung… I don’t even know anymore…” Yoona sighed, lying down beside the girl.

…..

Sooyoung wakes up to find that her whole body is aching. She doesn’t really feel that well but still considered to be alright. She couldn’t remember what happened but she does remember that she’s waiting outside Yoona’s house, for the girl to appear but the girl didn’t.

 

“Huh…?” Sooyoung surveys her surrounding slowly. Where is she? She looks around again. It looks like a bedroom to her and… “Y… Yoona…?”

 

“… Mm…?” Yoona opens her eyes. She fell asleep last night, right beside Sooyoung, half-hugging the girl in her sleep. “Y… You’re awake…! A… Are you feeling alright?” Yoona got up quickly and touches Sooyoung’s face, before looking around frantically for the thermometer.

 

Sooyoung bits her lips and pulled the girl closer, pressing her lips on the girl’s without a warning.

 

“Y… Yah…!” Yoona pushes her away quickly, blushing madly. “… A… Are you trying to pass your fever to me as a revenge of getting cheated?!”

 

“I’m having a fever?” Sooyoung touches herself. “O… Oh gosh… I’m sorry… Y… You’re okay, right?”

 

“I… I hope…”

 

“Yoona, I really need to tell you something… But you refuse to meet me…” Sooyoung held on tightly to Yoona’s hands, fearing that the girl will run away again.

 

“F… Fine… Since I’m here, just say it…” Yoona sighed.

 

“I know about it long ago… The fact that you are making use of me.” Sooyoung confessed.

 

“W… Wha- What…?” Yoona stares at her with her eyes wide open. Wait, what? What did Sooyoung just told her?

 

“I say I know that you had been making use of my feelings. I… I overheard it when your friends were suggesting it to you and… it’s because of that, I decided to try and… confess… I… I wanted to be the one you use from the start… And I want to try and make you return my feelings slowly through the process…” Sooyoung continues to pour out everything. “I’m really… happy when I’m with you, Yoona… I don’t care about whether or not my feelings are returned anymore… I… I want to be with you until you find someone you truly like…”

 

“S… Sooyoung… S… So you are letting me use you willingly all these while…?” Yoona couldn’t believe it. So everything isn’t a secret right from the start?

 

“Y… Yes… I… I’m sorry for not telling you this earlier… I’m just… I’m sorry for being so selfish… I’m really scared that you will not want to continue with it if I told you that I know about everything. A… And I believed that I could probably at least get you interested in me for just a bit with my efforts but… but it seems like…”

 

“Argh.” Yoona smacks her own forehead. “So, I had been feeling bad about if for nothing…? I mean, I’m wrong for using you but… do you know I had been feeling really guilty about lying to you and…”

 

“I… I’m sorry…”

 

“B… But I have to admit…” Yoona sighed. “I was happy too. You’re interesting and nice to be with… But you don’t have to lie to me…!”

 

“I… I’m really sorry…!”

 

“I’m at wrong too… argh…” Yoona sighed again.

 

“I… I really love you, Yoona… C… Can you just let me stay beside you until you find someone else…?”

 

“No.”

 

Sooyoung flinched. She looks away sadly, biting her lips. It’s still a no in the end, huh? Yoona glances at her and smirks, looking away and putting on a stern look quickly.

 

“As compensations for lying to me and making me feel so guilty about making use of you for nothing, and also for making me go through the painful process of having to break up with you even though I don’t want to, I’m not going to let you stay with me until I find someone else.” Yoona stated sternly.

 

“I… I understand…” Sooyoung sighed.

 

“You will have to stay by my side forever and protect me like how you did in the Haunted House, is that clear? This is your punishment.”

 

“I… I understand…” Sooyoung nodded but she froze suddenly, as her mind try to process what Yoona just say. “Wait. What…?”

 

Yoona started laughing and Sooyoung’s face became brighter.

 

“W… wait…! C… Can you repeat that again?!” Sooyoung grabbed Yoona by her shoulders excitedly.

 

“I say, your punishment is to stay by my side forever and protect me like how you did in the Haunted House. Understand it now?” Yoona grins at her mischievously.

 

“O… OF COUR… COURSE!” Sooyoung hugs the girl instantly. “I… I will not let you go! I will never leave you alone!”

 

“I think I love you too, Sooyoung… My heart is hurting so much when I had to leave you yesterday… I didn’t know how it happens but it seems like I really fell for you during these three months.” Yoona smiles faintly to herself.

 

“L… Love always happen suddenly. It just struck me suddenly as well!” Sooyoung beamed, as she pulls away from the hug and grins widely at Yoona. “C… Can I…?” She stares at Yoona’s lips.

 

“Huh? Wait. Are you trying to pass your fever to me, pabo? And didn’t you did it already just now?” Yoona blushed instantly.

 

“Awww damn. Stupid fever…”

 

“Who ask you to be such an idiot, to sit under the rain without any shelter?”

 

“B… But if I didn’t do that, I won’t even get to talk to you now.”

 

“… True… So… TOO BAD.” Yoona sticks her tongue out at the girl playfully. “Wait till your fever is down then.”

 

“Hmph! Then I shall hug you to my heart’s content! Hugging won’t do much harm!” With that, Sooyoung pulls the girl into her embrace and hugs her tightly. Yoona struggled to get away but they end up wrestling on the bed, almost falling off in the process. They only stopped when Yoona’s sister came in suddenly, and closes the door again when she saw what the two are doing. They sat side by side and stare at the door awkwardly, before glancing at each other and laughing it off loudly.

 

“They are pretty noisy huh?” The woman sighed.

 

“Leave them alone. Those two idiots are the biggest idiots ever.” The girl replied.