Happily Ever After – Swan Lake and Little Mermaid

Collections

 

The swan flew around in the sky on its own, not knowing what to do. It’s not used to its current form and it doesn’t really know where to go right now. It can’t go back to its home, because they… its family… won’t recognize… HER.

 

She regrets it. Not really. Ignoring a ert is the right thing to do but she least expected him to be a wizard. Do wizards really exist? She doesn’t know that answer until recently when she really met one. A bad one. She reads tales of wizards and witches all the times, but she never expected to meet one, face to face.

 

She’s known in her neighborhood for her gorgeous face and curvy body, so it’s not impossible for her to say that all those guys in the neighborhood are after her. Of course, she won’t say that. Despite her cold and unfriendly appearance, she’s warm and friendly on the inside. Only people that are close to her know that.

 

She can be a little violent too though.

 

She’s a swan now. Maybe she should just… find a lake and rest. Flying around is just so tiring. With some troubles, she found a beautiful lake and she headed straight for it. Honestly, she almost drowned herself because she doesn’t know how swan actually stay afloat. Who will actually go and study about swan when she’s busy enough, trying to get those guys off her trail?

 

She feels… heavy suddenly. Is it because her feathers are wet? She tried to get the edge of the lake quickly but in the process, she noticed something.

 

She has hands instead of wings.

 

I… I’m normal again…! She thought as she paddles towards the edge as quickly as possible, but she stops when she sees someone standing there and smirking at her.

 

That erted wizard.

 

“Skinny dipping, y?” He asked, grinning at her.

 

She didn’t understand until she felt her own body. She’s . Completely . Because as a swan, she doesn’t wear clothes.

 

She tried to swim further away when she sees that he’s taking off his clothes, probably going to get in the water and come to her, doing whatever ridiculous and erted stuff to her while she’s helplessly . True enough, he got in, but he didn’t get to move closer.

 

Something in the water sends him flying back to the land.

 

Fish…? Not just any fish. It seems like a long one, looking at the length of its tail. She then sees a rather unique creature swimming towards her under the water and before she knew it, something is hugging her. No. SOMEONE is hugging her.

 

“Come with me.” A girl emerges from the water suddenly and drags her along in the water, towards the other end of the lake. After leaving her to stay near the edge on the other side, the mysterious girl disappears underwater.

 

The wizard is currently dressing himself and running off. Either he gave up or he wants to come over to this side to get her.

 

“Here.” She got a shock when the mysterious girl appears again, with some clothes in her hands. Where did she get it from? Underwater? There’s clothing stores under the water? “Sorry it’s nothing nice… I got it from the ship wrecks under the sea that this lake is connected to under the ground.”

 

“Huh…?” The girl raised an eyebrow, not understanding her.

 

“Well, there’s a hole. I mean a tunnel. So this lake actually leads to the sea nearby. So… Why are you not wearing anything and swimming around here?” The mysterious girl asked. She seems friendly and bright. Not to mention she’s beautiful as well.

 

“… I got cursed. By that stupid ert just now. I’m not sure what happened by I’m actually a swan flying around, until I almost dived into the lake… I just turn back to human suddenly.” The girl sighed, as she put on the clothes and get out of the water to sit on the edge of the water, her legs dipped in the water.

 

“Mm…? Maybe this lake has some magical tint to it so the curse on your is reflected away for the time being while you’re still in contact with the water. Try removing your legs from the water.”

 

She did as told and true enough, she turns back into a swan. The loose clothing on her didn’t tear like her own clothes did when she first turn into a swan, but it’s kind of tight for her wings, with the sleeves constraining them. The girl in the water helped her remove the sleeves, so that she’s more comfortable.

 

“Some annoying witch or wizard casted some spell on this lake so every time when I curse someone to become some animal or whatever thing, they can return to their human form when they are in the lake.” Just then, the wizard appears behind the swan with a frown. He sat down beside the swan with a smirk, and stares at the girl in the water.

 

“Turn me back!” The swan tried to fight him but he throws her down to the ground and pins her down easily.

 

“There~ There~ Be a good swan or I will make it impossible for you to turn back to your beautiful human form again.” The guy threatens.

 

“I can… turn back…?” The swan relaxed instantly and the guy let go of her.

 

“Yes. But I won’t tell you unless you agree to sleep with me.” The guy smirks.

 

“Go away then. I will find it out myself!” The swan glared at him.

 

“Suit yourself. Come to me if you decided to sleep with me for the sake of your humanity.” With that, the guy walks away, laughing. The swan frowns as she touches the water with her wing and turns back into her human form, before dipping her legs in again.

 

“That ert...” The girl sighed.

 

“I’m Tiffany. What’s your name?” The girl in the water smiled at her as she rested her arms on her lap.

 

“Jessica. Why are you always in the water…? Come up.” The girl tried to pull Tiffany up but the latter moves away immediately. Before Jessica could question further, Tiffany showed her something rather shocking to any human.

 

Instead of legs, Tiffany has a tail. A fish tail.

 

“M… M… Mermaid…?” Jessica blurted out.

 

“Yep~” Tiffany nodded with a wide grin as she moves closer again to rest her arms on Jessica’s lap. The two of them exchange glance for quite some while before looking away, blushing from embarrassment. It’s pretty awkward for them to stare at each other like that. It’s as though… they are getting attracted by each other’s good looks.

 

But we are both girls. So no. Both of them though the same, denying the fact that they might be attracted to each other.

 

Silence.

 

The two girls exchanged glances again and this time, they look away instantly. Just then, Tiffany thought of something that dropped off her mind totally after she met Jessica. Without a word, she dived back into the water and disappeared, probably going back to the sea.

 

Jessica wanted to stop her but it’s too late. She’s gone.

 

Sighing, she removes her legs from the water and turns back into a swan before flying off. It’s getting a little late now, she should go home. But… her family won’t recognize her. There’s no where for her to go to.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany swam as fast as she could, back to the palace under the water. She totally forgets that she’s part of the concert for her father’s birthday celebration and he’s going to be so mad about her absence from it.

 

Sure enough, the moment she got back into the palace, a loud voice greeted her.

 

“WHERE HAD YOU BEEN, YOUNG LADY?” The merman bellowed, holding his trident tightly with his right hand.

 

“Oh… erm… h… hi daddy…” The girl smiled brightly at the merman.

 

“I’m asking you, where had you been!”

 

“Erm… erm…” She is trying to think of a good excuse. She knows that her father will not approve of her going to the water surface, and worse, interact with a human. Even though Jessica isn’t fully a human right now. She knows how much her father hates humans, bringing harm to the beings of the sea with their fishing and oil spills. They even dirtied the seabed with their rubbish.

 

“I saw her at the lake connected to the sea, Your Majesty.” Just then, a hermit crab came in and swims up to the side of the merman. “Talking to a girl. A HUMAN girl.”

 

“Shut up!” Tiffany glared at the hermit crab instantly.

 

“YOU WENT UP TO THE SURFACE AGAIN?! AND EVEN TALKED TO A HUMAN GIRL?!” The merman is obviously angered. The trident in his hand glows with golden light and she could feel the effect of it already. The sea is getting roused up due to her father’s anger and if she doesn’t appease him quickly, those humans on the sea will be in deep trouble.

 

“Oh daddy. She’s not a human, I swear. She’s like us, but instead of being a fish, she’s a swan.” Tiffany swims up to the merman quickly and hugs his right arm, trying to push it down and make him relax his grip on it.

 

Being extremely weak when it comes to his youngest daughter, the merman calms down almost instantly and the sea calmed down.

 

“Really?” The merman questioned, half believing. It’s not impossible for there to be other non-human beings like them out there. This world isn’t normal after all.

 

“Yes, daddy.” Tiffany smiles brightly at him and he smiles back. He loves her smile. It’s so beautiful. Just look at those eye smile of hers. Who can even resist her?

 

“Sorry for flaring up at you, darling.”

 

“It’s alright. I understand how you feel about humans, daddy. I should… go to bed now.” Tiffany retreated back to her room slowly with that smile, and the smile disappears instantly when she went behind the curtain of seaweeds.

 

I can’t ask daddy about the spell anymore… It will be obvious that Jessica is a human being if I ask that… Tiffany sighed. Is there anyone else that knows magic? Other than her father and that erted wizard? She lies down on the inside of the enormous shell, which is her bed, and continues to think.

 

“WAIT A MINUTE. I…” She sits up instantly, remembering something. She didn’t tell Jessica that she’s coming back to ask her father about the spell and will be back tomorrow at the lake to give her an answer! Will Jessica be waiting there for her? Hopes not… cause she can’t go out now. Not when that stupid hermit crab is outside and on-watch.

 

She has to wait until tomorrow, to get some answer from someone who knows about magic and spells and to get back to the lake in hope that Jessica is there.

 

But who else is there for her to ask…?

 

Who else knows magic?

 

As she continues to think about it, her eyes start to close slowly and soon, she’s off to her dreamland. At the same time, Jessica ends up going back to the lake and rested at some place near it. She can’t go on the water, since she will turn back into human if she does that.

 

After trying to figure out how she should sleep for nearly half an hour, she managed to get into a comfortable position and sleep.

-----

The mermaid swam vigorously towards her destination, constantly checking her tail and hair to make sure that there isn’t any hermit crab clipping on for a free ride and at the same time to keep her under surveillance. She found out from her brother about their aunt who is living a little far from them, but still around the same area so she’s off to find her.

 

According to her brother, her aunt isn’t exactly on good term with her father, that’s why they live separately. Both of them held a trident each, her father’s one is bigger and more powerful of course, and her aunt has no control over the sea calmness.

 

After an hour of vigorous swimming, she came to a beautiful cave and the moment she got in, she finds herself surrounded with shelves that have tons of bottles of potions and ingredients on it.

 

“Aunt Ursula?” She called out timidly. She doesn’t know her aunt, so she doesn’t know what kind of mermaid her aunt is. It’s going to be bad if she’s a nasty tempered one that can’t stand anyone that’s from her father’s side.

 

“Oh~ Aren’t you my beautiful little niece~?” Just then, a rather young looking mermaid appears from behind a curtain of seaweeds, greeting her with a smile.

 

“Hello. I’m Tiffany.” Tiffany bowed, being careful that she doesn’t end up flipping herself. It’s just so easy for them to flip in the water that every time they tries to bow, they end up flipping.

 

“Hello~ Hello~ Have a seat, my dear.” Ursula leads Tiffany to the chair nearby and got her to sit down. “So~ Why are you here, my dear?”

 

“Erm… Aunt Ursula…”

 

“Unnie. I prefer it if you call me unnie.” Ursula grins.

 

“O… Oh… Okay… erm… unnie, I heard that you know some magic…”

 

“Well, yes. I do. I make potions all the times, for the mermaids and mermen when they are unwell. So… what about that?”

 

“I had a friend. She’s a human.”

 

“Woah. Your father won’t be happy to hear that.”

 

“I know… That’s why I had to come to you, unnie. I need to help my friend.”

 

“Why?”

 

“She got cursed by a wizard and she’s now a swan.”

 

“AHHH~ I know. I know. I know who are you talking about. That wizard. I hate him so much that I casted a spell on the lake near the sea but his spells aren’t that easy to break with just magic, to be honest… So those that get cursed by him will only be cured temporary while they are in the lake.”

 

“Ehhh? So it’s your doing?”

 

“Yep~ Ain’t I awesome~?”

 

“Y… Yes, unnie! But unnie, do you know how to break the spell? He said that there’s a way but he refused to say it because my friend refuses to sleep with him.”

 

“Woah. A little too erted, isn’t he?” Ursula chuckles. “Well… Let me think for a while. I think I read about that somewhere before.”

 

Tiffany nodded and waits as the older mermaid cracks her brain. For fifteen minutes, the two of them sat there without moving an inch, the older mermaid with a serious look on her face. Finally, after another ten minutes, Ursula moved.

 

“Ah! I remembered… But my dear, I don’t know if you can really help her…” Ursula sighed.

 

“Huh…? Why?” Tiffany moves closer, wanting to hear the solution quickly.

 

“You had to, get her to fall in love and also, to have someone to love her deeply. Only with the kiss of that person that she will break the curse and even destroy the wizard’s magic. Meaning, the wizard won’t be able to use magic anymore~”

 

“Get her to… fall in love and have someone to… love her…” Tiffany mumbled.

 

“You can’t help her, my dear. Even if you can, your father… won’t be too happy about it… I mean… not only you’re going to love a human but a girl at that. That kind of relationship is a definite no-no for your father, my dear.”

 

“I know… but… I really want to help her…” Tiffany sighed.

 

“Sorry that I can’t be of any help, my dear. My spells and magic aren’t good enough to break the curse.”

 

“It’s okay, unnie. You helped me enough by telling me the way to break the curse. See you soon, unnie~ I will visit you again.” With that, Tiffany swims away quickly, wanting to get back to the lake soon.

 

She stops right at the hole that leads to the tunnel, to catch her breath. She never swam this vigorously for so long before. After calming down, she swims through the tunnel and emerges from under the water of the lake carefully. No one is around.

 

“Jessica…?” She calls out softly and there’s no reply. “Sica~?”

 

No response.

 

“Jessi~?”

 

Just then, the bush nearby had some movement. She swims a little closer to it and pushes the leaves away, chuckling when she sees a swan sleeping behind the bush. Which swan actually sleeps in the bush, to be honest? It’s such a funny sight.

 

“Jessi~” She calls out but the swan didn’t even fidget. Sighing, she decided to just wait for the swan to wake up on her own.

 

Half an hour passed and the swan is still sleeping. Maybe she should wait a while more. The swan will probably wake up soon.

 

One hour passed. Still no sign of waking up. Maybe… just a bit more.

 

Two hours passed. Why isn’t she waking up yet…?

 

Three hours passed. Why is she sleeping so much?!

 

Four hours passed…

 

“ARGH. JESSICA!!!” Tiffany screamed, startling the swan and pulling the swan from her dreamland instantly. The swan’s eyes shot open and the swan looks around nervously. “Jessica……”

 

“… It was you?” Jessica sighed, getting up and moving closer to the water. Soon, she’s in her human form again.

 

“You refuse to wake up no matter how I call you and I waited here for FOUR HOURS!!” Tiffany pouted. After seeing that, Jessica feels that her heart just skipped a beat and is currently pumping at a fast rate. It sounds ridiculous to say that she can actually feel the massive blood flow around the area nearer to her heart, but it’s somewhat true. Somewhat.

 

“… Why… are you here?”

 

“Aren’t we friends~?”

 

“… We are…?”

 

“Jeez! You are so mean!”

 

“W… Wait… I don’t mean it that way but… because we just met yesterday and we… hardly even talked… You went back without a word…” Jessica feels bad suddenly. Not that she mind being a friend with this beautiful mermaid but it’s just so sudden. They didn’t really communicate at all and suddenly, ta-da~! They are friends now.

 

“Hahaha~ I’m just teasing~! You’re so cute, Jessi~” Tiffany laughed as she rests her arms on Jessica’s lap again and looks up at the girl’s reddened face.

 

So cute~ She couldn’t help but to think that way. It won’t be hard if she had to fall in love with this poor human girl but the problem is, will Jessica love her as well? It won’t be good if she falls in love with this human girl but end up, the girl couldn’t love her back. Not only the plan of helping her fail, she will get a massive heartbreak as well. She’s not ready for such a thing yet.

 

“S… S… Stop it…!” Jessica’s face turns even redder. If only Tiffany isn’t a mermaid and is currently in the water or she would have hugged her. “Is this lake always this quiet?”

 

“Yep~ That’s why I always come here when I got tired of the sea. You know, living for years in the same place is pretty boring. The most I can do is explore the ship wrecks. My father doesn’t like humans so I can’t really communicate with any.”

 

“You… are communicating with one now… though…”

 

“But currently, you’re a swan! That’s why my father doesn’t go on rage mode and cause a storm at the sea.”

 

“Mm? You’re the… princess?”

 

“Yep~ Hey Jessi, tell me about yourself. I want to know more about you.” Tiffany smiled as she gets out of the water easily. However, it surprises both of them when Tiffany’s tail disappears and turns into legs suddenly, and Jessica looks away instantly with her face completely red again.

 

The girl is . Half .

 

Tiffany went back into the water immediately, completely embarrassed by the fact that someone saw her . Even though she doesn’t have anything to show for her lower body, normally, but she knows very well that for humans, it’s not good to let other see your lower body without anything covering it.

 

“W… W… What’s going on…?” Jessica asked, as she looks anywhere except at Tiffany. Her heart is going too fast for her and she needs to avoid looking at the girl to calm down.

 

“I… I… I don’t know… I was… fine when I’m… in the water… a… and that never happen before…” Tiffany stuttered. She just exposed herself to Jessica and it’s definitely… not good. What if Jessica stop coming because of embarrassment? Or avoid her by hiding when she appears?

 

That will do no good for Jessica’s curse… AND her own heart.

 

It’s really easy to fall for this charming human girl. So cute and shy. She wonders who can actually resist her?

 

Okay. That’s not quite the problem she should be worrying about. How did it happen? Why did her tail turn into legs suddenly when she gets out of the water? It’s definitely not her father’s work of course, not the erted wizard as well… why would he want to make things easier for them? So…

 

“AUNT URSULA!” Tiffany blurted out, shocking the girl next to her. She turns to the girl and noticed the blank look on the girl’s face. “A… Ah… I… I’m so sorry, Jessi. I need to head back now, to confirm something.”

 

“O… Oh… okay. See… you soon…” Jessica nodded.

 

“See you tomorrow!” With that, Tiffany dives back into the water and speeds through the tunnel, back into the sea. Before nightfall, she will have to head over to Ursula’s place to question about her tail. When did it happen? Her aunt didn’t seem to have casted any spell so when did it happened?!

 

This time, she didn’t bother checking if she’s being followed. She just wants to get there as soon as possible to get her answer. Why did her aunt do it anyway?

 

“UNNIE!” She called out loudly the moment she gets into the cave.

 

“Oh my… Why are you here again, my dear?” Ursula doesn’t really seem to be surprised by Tiffany’s sudden visit again.

 

“W… Wh… What did you do to me…? Why did my tail…”

 

“Turns into legs? Isn’t it better this way?”

 

“Huh…?”

 

“Well, I casted a similar spell on you the moment your turn your back to me. So… the moment you get out of water, you will become a human but! But, unlike your friend’s curse, if you fall in love… and she falls in love with you… the moment you two kiss, her curse will be lifted and for you, you will… become a human forever.”

 

“E… EHHH?!” Tiffany stares at the older mermaid with her eyes wide open. “U… Unnie… W… Why did…”

 

“If you two fall in love, would you want to be separated by the fact that she’s a HUMAN and you’re a MERMAID? The fact that, it’s pretty much IMPOSSIBLE for you two to be together if I don’t do this? So isn’t it necessary for you to be come a human?” Ursula smirks as she lifted Tiffany’s chin.

 

“B… But daddy…”

 

“He will be upset of course but, you said you wanted to help your dear little friend. That means, you want to fall in love with her. He’s going to be upset nevertheless, so… what’s the difference?”

 

Tiffany kept quiet and looks at the older mermaid.

 

She’s right. Totally right about this. She’s definitely going to fall in love with Jessica. Actually, she’s pretty much… loving the girl right now, even though they didn’t even interact much.

 

Tiffany bids Ursula goodbye and swims away, back to the palace. She ignored everything and everyone else and went back to her own room to lie down. Should she really do this? Will Jessica be in danger due to her father’s rage? Will she be able to convince her father with her love? Will Jessica even love her back?

 

Tons of questions ring in her mind, and she couldn’t… find any answer to that.

-----

The swan stops somewhere near her house, but hidden of course. She won’t want to be hunted by the people or caught and put in some animal place. She just want to see her family. Her parents… and her younger sister. It’s so clear that they aren’t sleeping and eating well, because of her disappearance.

 

Today is probably even worse.

 

It’s her birthday after all and they couldn’t help her celebrate it.

 

Her younger sister seems to have noticed her and pointed at her, but before her parents can see her, she flew away quickly.

 

“What’s wrong, Krystal?” The woman asked.

 

“I saw a swan standing there… And I don’t know why it feels like as though it’s unnie standing there and looking at us…” Krystal replied.

 

“Don’t be silly…”

 

The swan flew away with tears falling from her eyes. She stops by the lake and turns back into her human form, before lying down and crying silently. She wants to celebrate her birthday with her family. Why do she have to hide from her family on this special day?

 

Slowly, as she cries on, she drifted into her dreamland. Flying around is tiring for her… And crying is tiring as well. Right at that moment, Tiffany emerges from the water with a determined look. She is going to… make Jessica fall for her and break the curse for Jessica.

 

“Jessi…” She shakes the girl gently but the girl didn’t respond. Another four hours wait? No. She can’t waste anytime. Time is precious. There’s love for her to grow and bloom.

 

She dives back into the water and reappears after a while, with a bowl in her hands. It’s something she found from one of the shipwrecks on the seabed. Using the bowl, she scoops some water and splashed Jessica with the water.

 

“Uhh… W… What the…” Jessica opens her eyes and wipes the water away as she sits up, to see that Tiffany is right there in front of her. She’s not sure if it’s because she’s half-awake or what, but Tiffany seems… so… extremely attractive suddenly. Not that she’s not attractive in the first place but this time, it’s pulling Jessica towards her. “You poured water on me?”

 

“W… Well… I didn’t want to wait for four hours again…” Tiffany grins awkwardly. Why does Jessica sound so upset, or in fact, angry?

 

“… Do you know something?”

 

“W… what?”

 

“Swan eats fish.”

 

Why does that sound like a… threat? She just wanted to wake her up but, why does it seem like a bad thing to do? Is Jessica secretly a nasty person that beat up whoever disturb her sleep?

 

Tiffany tried to move away but Jessica caught her by her head, with both hands and pulled her closer. To be honest, even Jessica herself doesn’t know what is she doing and talking about.

 

“Swan eat fish… you know that right? Do you want me to eat you? I’m sure I can devour such a big fish without any problem.” Jessica whispered, holding Tiffany’s head in her hands tightly.

 

“J… J… Jessi… I… I didn-“

 

Tiffany didn’t get to finish her sentence. Before she can do that, Jessica pressed her lips on hers and even inserted her tongue into while is still open. The mermaid gives in instantly to the kiss and allows the girl to play with her tongue.

 

Right at that moment, starting from their lips, a pink light starts to appear and envelops the both of them. Tiffany swears that she saw wings coming out from Jessica’s back in the pink light and dissolving into the thin air. Her tail feels different as well.

 

It feels like her tail is getting torn apart but it doesn’t hurt at all. She could feel something. She’s having a human lower body right now. And these could only mean one thing – they are in love. Jessica does love her.

 

“J… Jessi!” Tiffany moves away with a big smile. “Remove your legs from the water, Jessi~”

 

“Huh…?” Jessica didn’t understand. She did as told and her eyes widens as she stares at the grinning mermaid. She didn’t turn back into a swan! “F… Fany… I… I…”

 

“The curse is lifted, Jessi! And not only that, I-“

 

“THANK YOU SO MUCH, FANY AH~!! I… I need to go and tell my family… T… They had been so worried about me, Fany… I will see you soon, okay? Thank you so much!” Jessica’s excitement caused her to not notice that Tiffany is different. She wanted to go back home and tell her family that she’s safe, and un-cursed now. She wants to tell them about her love as well. Not knowing that Tiffany is going to tell her a rather big news, she ran off happily.

 

“… C… Come back soon…” Tiffany said sadly, as she watches as the girl disappears from her sight. “… It’s cold…”

 

Now that she’s a human… She can’t stand being in the water for too long but she can’t go out as well. She’s half-.

 

“MUM! DAD! KRYSTAL!” Jessica barged into the house happily and the three people inside stare at her in shock for a moment, before rushing to her hand hugging her tightly in their arms. The four of them shared that warm hug for quite some while before letting go.

 

“Where did you go to!?” Her mother asked, caressing her cheeks gently.

 

“Did you turn into a swan, unnie?” Krystal asked.

 

“Huh?” Jessica stares at Krystal. How did her sister know about her turning into a swan?

 

“I saw a swan just now and somehow it feels like I’m looking at you…”

 

“KRYSTAL!!!” Jessica jumps on her sister instantly and cuddles her close. She loves her sister. Even though she’s the older one, Krystal always takes care of her. Really good care. Honestly, it’s not much of a surprise for Jessica to know that Krystal actually can recognize her when she’s still a swan.

 

“Ehh? It’s true?” Her parents asked.

 

“Yes… I bumped into a erted wizard and he cursed me because I ignored him…” Jessica sighed. “But a merm- Wait. Mermaid. Wait… OH GUYS. Come with me for a moment please. Please!” Jessica pulls her sister along as she exits from the house and her parents followed.

 

Soon they arrived at the lake and the three of them watched as Jessica searched the area while calling a name.

 

“Tiffany…” Jessica called out softly. “Fany ah? Fany…?”

 

No respond. Not a single sound.

 

“… Fany ah…? Did you went back already…?”

 

“Unnie, who are you looking for…?” Krystal asked, slightly worried about her sister. Did she knock her head somewhere? Why is she looking for someone AT THE LAKE?

 

“My love.”

 

“W… What?” Her family exclaimed in shock.

 

“She… helped me lift the curse… And… I… I think I love her…” Jessica twirled her fingers nervously.

 

“… Jes…. si….” Just then, she thought she heard someone calling her.

 

“F… Fany?” She starts her search again, shocked when she found Tiffany lying in a bush nearby, with… legs. “F… Fany yah!! K… Krystal please go and bring some clothes! QUICKLY!”

 

Krystal nodded and ran off quickly to get some clothes, while Jessica hugs the girl tightly in her arms.

 

“W… What happened? Why aren’t you in the water, Fany ah?” Jessica felt like crying, seeing the girl like this. She feels hot. It’s obvious that she’s having a fever right now.

 

“… Love…” That’s the only word Tiffany managed to say out before blacking out.

 

“FANY! FANY RESPOND TO ME!”

…..

Tiffany opens her eyes to a place. A terribly white place. Is this heaven? She looks around and saw a girl’s head rested beside her, and the crown of the girl looks familiar. Too familiar and nice. Without realizing it, she pats the girl gently and it’s a surprised for her when the girl wakes up instantly to her pat.

 

“FANY! FANY YOU ARE AWAKE!” The girl exclaimed happily as she hugs Tiffany tightly, and Tiffany could feel that her shirt is getting wet.

 

“… Where am I, Jessi?” She asked, patting the girl gently.

 

“Hospital… You… PABO! Why didn’t you get out of water?”

 

“It’s cold inside the water…”

 

“But you’re a mer-“

 

“Not anymore.” Tiffany interrupted with a faint smile. Jessica stares at her blankly. Huh? Not… a mermaid anymore? What is that supposed to mean? “My aunt wanted to help and casted a spell similar to your curse, on me. The moment we fall in love with each other and kiss, your curse will be lifted and the spell on me will turn me into a complete human being… Just so that… I can be with you…”

 

“W… What…?” Jessica took a step back in shock. “W… why didn’t you say so…?!”

 

“I tried to… but… you ran off…” Tiffany bits her lips. Jessica felt an overwhelming sense of guilt and she hugs the girl tightly, crying even more. She caused Tiffany to fall sick. If only she had listened to Tiffany first before running off. “I will, go and explain to my daddy when I’m well enough, and… we can be together for now on.”

 

“No need~” Just then, a bird flew in and stops at the end of the bed. “I explained everything to oppa.”

 

“… Unnie?” Tiffany stares at the talking bird.

 

“Yep~ You must be my niece’s lovely girlfriend~?” The bird turns to Jessica and the latter nodded, robotically.

 

“Adorable~ Haha~ Your father raged after he found out what I did to you but after showing him how you are doing and explaining things to him, he said that he wants to meet the two of you first. So~ Go to the sea when you’re well enough, okay? I’m sure he won’t mind handing his beautiful daughter to this adorable little creature.”

 

Creature… Jessica sighed mentally as the bird flew off, whistling happily. The next day, Tiffany went to the sea with Jessica and her father emerges from the sea with a frown. He stares at Jessica intensely without saying a thing for nearly five minutes, making the girl trembles in fear.

 

“… Fine. I will... allow you to take care of my daughter BUT if you dare bully her, I WILL MAKE SURE YOU HUMANS WILL EXTINCT.” The merman bellowed and the girl nodded furiously, before hiding behind Tiffany.

 

“Aish. Stop scaring her, daddy!” Tiffany scolded the merman.

 

“… A… Araso… Sorry. Come back to daddy if she bullies you okay?”

 

“Okay. But I know and believe that she won’t bully me~”

 

“D… Daddy will miss you, my baby girl.”

 

“I will miss you too, daddy.” Tiffany walks closer and hugs the merman. After conversing for a while, they bid goodbye to each other and the two girls went back to Jessica’s house. Tiffany is glad that Jessica’s family is all really nice people, treating her as part of the family.

 

They laughed and joked over dinner and the two girls head back to Jessica’s room to rest. They stay quiet for quite some while, before lying down together while smiling at each other. Bliss is what they felt and they are sure that it will last.

 

Seeing that Tiffany is spacing out, Jessica took the chance to climb on her and silence her with a long, sweet kiss.