Never Gonna Let You Go

Collections

 

 

The doe-eye girl peeks through the gap of the door that is left ajar by the person who went through it earlier, noting the fact that it's nothing more than a wasted storage room. No sign of that person as well. She shivered slightly at the thought of the possibility of having met a ghost and walks away quickly, to bump into someone who is standing right behind her.

"You saw it?" That person asked her rather unkindly. With a cowboy hat covering the upper portion of her face, this person looks kind of scary and unfriendly. The girl gulped and nodded, to find herself getting grabbed by her collar immediately. The person places her hand on that very door, and murmured something.

A blue light shines through the gap and the girl gasped when she sees a long corridor in the supposedly empty storage after the person opens the door. She was shoved in, and the person followed after her, closing the door. The door magically disappeared instantly.

"Walk." The person pushed her harshly and she fell, after getting it by surprise. She wishes that she can punch this girl right now but judging from the strength, she knows that she will lose. The girl sighed and pulls her up, flinging her over her shoulder before walking.

"P-P-Put me down...!" The doe-eye girl protested but to earn a smack on her bum.

"Shut up or I will throw you off." And the doe-eye girl froze up immediately, not daring to make a sound or move an inch. Getting thrown doesn't sound nice at all. In fact, it sounds really painful, looking at how hard the floor is right now.

"HYO!" The girl's voice boomed into the room the moment she enters, shocking everyone, including the girl she's carrying. "YOU ARE CARELESS!"

"Huh?" The named person stares at her blankly, not exactly understanding the situation. She moves away from the couch quickly before a girl gets thrown on it.

"She saw you entering, you idiot." The person pointed at the girl she just thrown onto the couch and everyone's attention went to the girl immediately.

"She's cute." A tanned girl sat down on the couch and grabs one of the doe-eye girl's legs without warning, rubbing her thigh gently. The girl moves away quickly, wanting to get her leg away from that girl to find herself falling off the couch.

"Now it's not the time for this, Yul. What do we do with this girl?" The one who brought her in pulled her up and pushes her back onto the couch.

"Bring her to the Boss then. It's either fight or forget." The tanned girl shrugged, walking away.

"Did you have a fight with the Boss?" Hyoyeon asked. "You're normally happy if someone has to go to the Boss and you will tag along."

"She doesn't like it when I sweet talk with the girls on my team. So we had a little argument yesterday..." The tanned girl sighed.

"You should stop flirting for goodness sake. Come on. Let's go." The girl grabbed the doe-eye girl by her wrist and pulled her along. "Yul, coming?"

"Nah." Yuri waved her hand casually, helping herself to a drink at the bar counter. The girl shrugged and drags the currently confused doe-eye girl along, out of the room and down another long corridor. They stopped outside a room with a huge door, and the girl knocked.

"Come in." A voice sounded through the door and the girl pushes it opens. "Oh, you're back."

"I brought someone who saw Hyo coming in, Boss. That idiot did it again." The girl settles the poor doe-eye girl on the chair right in front of the huge desk, not bothering to listen to her protest before leaving the room. The doe-eye girl looks around nervously, not knowing what is going to happen to her now.

"Hi, I'm the in charge over here and from what I heard, you saw one of our friends coming into this place through the Blue Gate, right?" The Boss brings the girl's attention to herself without wasting time and the girl nodded timidly. "Right now, I will give you two choices. One is to forget and the other is to fight. Which one will you choose?"

"W-W-What's the result for fight...?" The girl asked.

"That would mean that we would not erase your memory of what you see and have you join us in our fight. It's not something that a normal human can see but in reality, our world is polluted by devils. Our job is to eliminate them before they bring harm to people. Strange occurrences around the world are actually caused by them and when we get the requests to investigate them, we will head over to deal with it. And we get money for succeeding in our investigation. Of course, though the term devil sounds evil, there are good devils as well. Some of them are even working with us." The Boss explained everything in details and the doe-eye girl tried her best to understand everything. She never knows about such thing until now.

"But... There are people who don't know about these... How do they contact you...?"

"We have spies situated at every corner of the world to take note of such situations. They are normally your daily people who you see going to work or lazing at home. They will contact us upon sensing something weird and after we done out job, we will be able to receive money from a special sector of the government. The amount of money varies, according to the difficulties of the job."

"Forget means..."

"We will erase your memory about everything you know about us. That's all. So, your choice?"

The doe-eye girl bits her lips and fidgeted around, hesitating to make her choice. Somehow she doesn't feel like forgetting about all these things but at the same time, she feels worried about having to fight against the devils. It sounded so dangerous.

"If you choose to fight and wants to give up in the middle, we won't stop you but of course, we will erase your memories and gives you the rewards you deserve." The Boss added after a long period of silence.

"... I... I... I want to..." The doe-eye girl stuttered, still hesitant to make her choice. She hopes that she won't regret her choice. "F-Fight...!"

The Boss's eyes widen, as though she's shocked by the choice of the doe-eye girl before smiling and standing up.

"Very well. We shall now proceed with the procedure, okay?" The Boss smiled.

-----

The doe-eye girl lets out a deep breath as she stands outside the room with the number 0405. After proceeding with all the registration procedure and going through some basic stuffs, she is assigned to a room inside the dormitory of the place.

"Excuse me..." She knocks on the door and opens it slowly, but someone pulls it open from inside quickly, causing her to fall forward, into the room. "... A... Ah...!" She crashed into the embrace of that person and that person merely stand there without moving.

"If you're going to come in, just come in. Don't idle outside for so long, annoying me with your pacing outside the room." It's that girl. The one that brought her into this place. That rude girl. "Jeez... The Boss really like to pair me with the newbies..."

"... S-S-She says that you're the best person to follow because your results are the best here... Except that your attitude is..." The doe-eye girl sighed. After hearing what the Boss told her just now, she should have guessed that her roommate is going to be this rude girl.

"Problem? Feel free to get lost." With that, the girl turns around sharply and walks into the room. "Your luggage arrived and I threw them into the closet for you because they are in the way."

The doe-eye girl looks around quickly and saw an opened luggage on the floor, with the non-clothing stuffs still inside. She opens the closet, totally expecting a messy dump but to her surprise, it's all neatly arranged and piled up properly. She stares blankly at the inside of the closet for a moment before turning around to peek at the girl sitting by her desk in the room. She almost thought she sees the girl looking at her and turning away quickly when she looks over but she shrugged it off as her mistake.

"Thank you." She walked over and thanked the girl before going to the double-decker at the side. Looking at the condition of the lower bed, she could guess that she would be sleeping on top. She climbs up slowly and slides over the bed, liking how soft the bed is. She turns to face the wall beside the bed and refuses to get up for the time being. It's too comfortable that she doesn't feel like getting up.

After lying still for a moment, she heard her roommate letting out a deep sigh.

"Man... BoA unnie really need to stop giving all the newbies to me..." She heard the girl talking to herself, and decided that she shall continue to lie still and listen to what the girl will say. "... She didn't even bother putting away those stuffs left in her luggage..."

Oh crap. I forget about that... The doe-eye girl almost sat up but something soft is placed into her arms gently from behind. She opens her eyes slightly to see her Rilakkuma plushes being placed on her bed carefully. The girl is helping her to unpack her luggage?

Sound of things getting placed and arranged on the desk could be heard after which.

"Im Yoona. Nice name..." She heard the girl talking again. Okay. Seems like the right time to get up. The doe-eye girl sits up suddenly and from the corner of her eyes, she could see the girl getting back into her seat frantically. She almost laughed but she held it in.

"Yah, newbie! What are you doing lazing on your bed the moment you come in? We don't like lazybones, you know!" And her bad attitude is back.

Tsundere?? The doe-eye girl gets down from her bed quickly and hops over to her desk.

"... Y... Your name is Yoona right? It's on your book. Who in the world still write their name on their books nowadays...?!" The girl picks up the book and waved it in the air before taking a quick look at the back, reading the brief storyline at the back.

"... It's quite a nice book. I can lend it to you if you want." Yoona sat down and moved closer, taking the book away and flipping through it. "And I still write my name on my stuffs. It's a habit since I'm always losing my things when I'm young."

"When you're young...? How old are you?" The girl raised an eyebrow as she stares hard at the face of the doe-eye girl.

"90' liner. You?" Yoona replied with a smile.

"... W... Why should I tell you, newbie...?! You might even quit this job before we get close." The girl stood up right away and walked off, but Yoona can see that the girl is blushing a little. She held in her chuckle and smiled to herself, before turning to the book in her hand and reading it.

Is she not going to ask for my name...? The girl turns around to see the doe-eye girl reading calmly, and turns back quickly when the doe-eye girl looks over.

"Your name is Sooyoung?" At that moment, the doe-eye girl asked and she turns around to see the girl holding her identification card for this place. The tall girl walks over and snatches it away, and places it neatly on her desk but she didn't want to turn and face the girl. "Are you a tsundere?"

"Huh...?" Sooyoung stares at the girl blankly, not exactly understanding how did the girl get that sort of conclusion about her.

"Or are you just acting tough to show that your seniority in this place?" Yoona rested her elbow on her desk and places her chin on her palm, staring at the tall girl and waiting for an answer patiently.

"... M... Mind your own business...!" Sooyoung blushed, looking away quickly.

"Well, it's my business, you know? It's your attitude towards me. You're being so harsh on your words whenever you're talking to me but when I'm not looking, you're being all nice and gentle. So isn't it because you're a tsundere or you're just acting tough to show your seniority?"

"... Y... Y... You're not sleeping...?!"

"Who exactly sleep in the middle of the day at such odd timing?"

"... Leave me alone...!" With that, Sooyoung stomps out of the room, coming back after one minute and pulling Yoona out with her without a word. She pushes the girl into the room with the other girls, the one she went to before taking Yoona to the Boss just now, and leaves her to stand by the door as she heads for the bar counter.

"So you decided to join us, cutie." The tanned girl from earlier came over first and pulls the doe-eye girl towards the couch, getting her to sit down with her. "What's your name?"

"Y-Y-Yoona..." The doe-eye girl replied timidly, feeling uncomfortable about he closeness between their bodies.

"Don't scared her, Yul!" Sooyoung scolded immediately and the tanned girl shrugged, distancing herself with Yoona at once. "And you! Make some friends so you won't come and bother me!"

"Don't mind her, Yoona. She's always like that towards the new members but she's one of the kindest person you can find on earth." A short girl came over and settles herself in between the doe-eye girl and the tanned girl with a smile. "She's happy that someone joined us but at the same time, she felt that she has to be strict or they will just bring the team down. I'm Taeyeon by the way. Her childhood friend."

"Is she a tsundere...?" Yoona asked and everyone that heard that laughed. "E... Eh...?"

"You're the first one to say that, Yoona. Haha~ but you're not exactly wrong. She doesn't really know how to express herself well so it's usual if she acts all tough and stop the conversation but actually inside her heart she wants to continue with it. And she does nice things only behind their backs, unless you know her really well that she feels comfortable enough to be herself."

"Eh...? Doesn't that mean that the more embarrassed she feels, the tougher she would act...?" Yoona blinked twice, staring at the back of the tall girl blankly.

"That's exactly why she fail at love! HA!" The tanned girl interrupted before the short girl can continue.

"KWON YURI!" The tall girl obviously heard that and she turns around to glare at the tanned girl, who sticks her tongue out and walks out of the room quickly before chaos comes. The tall girl turns back and slammed her glass on the bar counter angrily, accidentally smashing it into pieces. "Argh! Damn!"

Yoona got up quickly and went over even before Taeyeon can react, and pulls Sooyoung's hand over to see cuts all over it.

"Are you an idiot?" Yoona sighed, thanking the short girl who came over to hand her the first aid kit.

"Leave me alone!" Sooyoung pulls her hand away but the doe-eye girl grabbed it and pulls it back immediately, locking the girl's arm under her arm as she proceeds to open the first aid kit. Sooyoung stares blankly and awkwardly at that hand of hers, being right beside the doe-eye girl's chest. If she turns her hand over, she would be grabbing it already.

"Don't think of moving your arm because I will slap you if you touch me on my chest." Yoona warned, taking out the necessary stuff from the kit.

"T... T... Then don't put my arm under your arm like that...!" Sooyoung protested.

"Then where should I lock it at? Between my legs? Or under my bum?" Yoona let go of Sooyoung's arm and starts to treat the cuts on the girl's hand gently.

"... N... No one asked you to bother about me..." Sooyoung blushed at the thought of all those options Yoona listed.

"Like I could. Who knows what idiotic things you will do later to injure yourself further?"

"Why do you care?"

"I would love to not care about someone who treat me so harshly but I can't leave someone who has such tender insides alone."

"KIM TAEYEON...!" Sooyoung turns her head sharply to the side, but to see that no one else is around. Everyone left the room since god-knows when.

"There's no need to showcase your seniority with me. I won't slack off just because you're not strict with me, alright? I'm going to work hard, together with you and everyone else here." Yoona continued as she blows on the cuts gently while dapping on them with the medicine. Sooyoung kept quiet and watches as the doe-eye girl bandages her hand nicely. Honestly, because of her character, no one other than Taeyeon had treated her this nice. The Boss excluded.

-----

"Careful!" The tall girl shouted as she wraps her arm around the doe-eye girl, pulling her back before the devils strike that very spot she was standing at. She swings her other arm forward and shot at the devils swiftly before they strike again, killing them off easily. The two of them fell back and all the simulations turn off.

The training simulation is over.

"That's why I told you to be always caution about your surrounding! How are you going out for real missions like this!? Good thing it's just a simulation!" The tall girl scolded immediately, not even bothering to get up first.

"... Sorry but... Before you continue, could you please remove your hand...?" The doe-eye girl stares at the arm around her body and the hand of the tall girl happened to just grab onto her chest in that chaotic situation.

"... E... Eh...?" It's then Sooyoung realizes that she had grabbed something unusual. She tightens her grip and got elbowed by the girl instantly. "I... I... I'm sorry...! I didn't mean to...!" She finally realized what she grabbed.

"You don't have to squeeze it though...!" Yoona covers her chest by crossing her arms over it, blushing madly.

"I... I'm just wondering what I grabbed..."

"W... Whatever..." Yoona got up and walks out of the simulation room, setting the controls to the maximum difficulty and switching it on before the tall girl can come out. Roughly an hour later, the girl came out safely. "Oh~ you're good."

"Dammit, Yoona! Are you trying to kill me by turning it on suddenly when I'm still distracted?!"

"It's the price of grabbing my chest. Merong~!"

"Does that mean each time I clear the maximum difficulty simulation, I can grab your chest once?" Sooyoung smirks and the doe-eye girl stares at her in disbelief. "I don't mind you know."

"P-P-ert...!" Yoona runs out from the room quickly, leaving Sooyoung alone to laugh at the situation. Sooyoung sighed with a smile as she strolls back to her room to find that the girl isn't around.

"... Mm?" She looks around and there's no sign of the girl being here. "Did she go to the lounge?" She went out again and headed for the lounge, to see that no one is there. Taeyeon was out with her partner for a mission and Yuri is probably hanging around in the Boss's office again. The rest are either training at the simulation room or just lazing around. No sign of the doe-eye girl anywhere.

Scratching her head, she sighed and goes back to her room, opening the door to a surprise. The girl is there, in nothing but a towel.

"Eh?" Sooyoung blinked and the girl turns around, jumping into the bed the moment she realizes that the tall girl is standing there.

"Y... Y... You are there...?! Since when...?!" Yoona asked, hiding under the blanket.

"... Just got back... So you were in the bathroom...?"

"... I forget my clothes..." Yoona blushed.

"... Get off my bed though...! You're making my bed wet...!" Sooyoung scolded. Her habit of getting tough while being embarrassed is still there, though things were a little better with Yoona after being with her for a while. She walks over and tugs on the blanket, but the doe-eye girl resisted.

"W-W-Wait...! Don't pul-" It was too late. Her towel came off under the blanket just now when she jumps under it and she had yet to wrap it back properly. The blanket was pulled off, and Yoona was pulled along with it, falling onto the and leaving the towel to lie on the bed on its own.

"Huh...?" Sooyoung stares at the towel on her bed for a while before turning to the girl on the floor. A loud scream pierced her eardrums the next moment.

…..

"I'm really sorry..." The tall girl has been kneeling on the floor with both knees down and her forehead touching the floor, towards the bed. While the doe-eye girl had been lying under the blanket on her own bed.

"CHOI SOOYOUNG IS A BIG ERT!" Yoona scolded angrily.

"I'm really sorry..."

"Hmph! Grabbing my chest and looking at my body... ert!"

"I'm really, really sorry... Please forgive me..."

"ert!"

"Sorry... Please forgive me, okay...? I really didn't mean to... I... I just started acting tough suddenly on my own because I was embarrassed... It... It's not that easy to change that habit, you know... I'm really sorry for looking at your body."

"... Y... You should had waited when I told you to...!"

"Sorry..."

"J... Jeez... Stop saying sorry... It's getting annoying...”

"... So you're forgiving me?" Sooyoung looks up immediately to see the girl peeking at her from under the blanket. That just looks extremely cute. Sooyoung blushed and she jumped up instantly, pointing at the girl. "W-W-What's so good about your body anyway...?! I... I... I can get girls with better figure anytime I want...!"

"... What...?" Yoona sits up instantly and glared at the girl, who covers her own mouth quickly.

"I... I'm sorry...! I... I... I didn't mean that...!"

"... I don't see any reason for you to get embarrassed now though! I think I'm changing my mind about forgiving you then! Hmph!" Yoona puffs up her cheeks and crosses her arms angrily.

"... D... Don't think I will care just because you look cute...! I... I don't care if you're cute...!" Sooyoung blurted out again and she covers her own mouth quickly again.

"...? You think I'm cute...?" Yoona tilts her head to the side.

"E-E-Eh...?! N... No it's not that... Erm..." Sooyoung looks away quickly. The situation is just getting worse and worse for her. Curse her stupid habit!

"So I'm not cute?"

"N... No...! Y... You're very cute...! Eh? Wait... Wait...! I... I...!" Sooyoung starts to get all flustered as she tries to work her way out. Yoona started laughing and she froze, not knowing how to respond to that laughter. Yoona gets down from her bed and hugs the girl tightly.

"I get it. You're forgiven." Yoona smiled. "But still, your body is even worse than mine, okay? You got nothing at all."

"... Y... Yah...! Don't you dare tell anyone about that okay...?!"

"About what? You stripping yourself in your sleep or you got nothing?"

"Both! Both, okay...?!" Apparently, the tall girl has a weird habit of stripping herself in her sleep. She has no idea why she did that but she would always find herself in the morning. She felt lucky that most of the time she doesn't have a roommate but when she has one, she would make sure that she wakes up earlier than them every morning so that they will not see her . But for the doe-eye girl, it just happened that one night, she woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and she tripped over a cloth lying on the floor. Feeling weird about the presence of the cloth, she picks it up to realize that it's a shirt, and lying nearby are other pieces of clothing. She picks them up one by one and finally noticed that fact that these are the clothes of her roommate. She blushed instantly when she saw her roommate lying on the bed, in a very unglamorous position.

"I will consider~" Yoona teased and Sooyoung pulls her back quickly, her face completely red. She traps the girl in her embrace, refusing to let go even with the girl struggling. "Yah!"

"Promise me! Come on!"

"I say I will consider...!"

"No consideration! Promise me now or I will strip you!"

"Yah...! You ert! Let go of me now!"

"Are you going to promise me that you won't tell anyone about that?" Sooyoung grabs lightly on the collar of the girl to threaten her and at that moment, the door opens. The tanned girl pops her head in and stares at them for a moment.

"Sorry for interrupting." And the tanned girl closes the door.

"... Y... YAH! Come back!" Sooyoung jumps ran towards the door quickly and soon, she's pulling the tanned girl back into the room forcefully.

"I shouldn't disturb your happy time with that cute little deer, Soo. I can always come back later." The tanned girl heads for the door again but she was pulled back.

"Don't sprout nonsense! We aren't doing anything...! Why did you come?" Sooyoung asked, blushing madly.

"You pulled me here."

"I mean, in the first place, why did you even come here? Before I pull you back."

"I got a mission for you. From the Boss. I can tell her you're not free though." Yuri smirks, eyeing the doe-eye girl who is sitting on the bed with messy hair. "Judging from her look, seems like you're pretty rough huh?"

"W-W-What...?!" Sooyoung turns around to take a look, realizing what Yuri meant immediately. "N... No...! We didn't do anything...! We just had a small scuffle just now...!"

"Scuffle. Yea. Scuffle."

"It's true!!! I'm not lying!"

"Fine. I will believe you this once. This is the mission. Be on your way. I will arrange for the hotel for you as soon as I get back to the office."

"You are making it sounds like it's your office."

"Half right, isn't it?"

"You're more like her pet."

"Woof. Happy?" The tanned girl shrugged and walks out of the room. Sooyoung opens up the mission card and reads the content before tossing it to the doe-eye girl.

 

"Come on. Let's get ready. It's said to be urgent." The tall girl has already started packing her luggage. Yoona did so as well hurriedly, checking the luggage for one last time before she closes it. Sooyoung picks up her identification card from the desk and shove it into her pocket, before heading for the door. Placing a hand on the door, she murmured something. It's the same thing she did when she first met Yoona. A blue glow appears from behind the door and when Sooyoung opens it, the scene outside isn't the usual corridor anymore. It's more like a train station now. That's an ability that only the seniors have. They are able to open the Blue Gate and get to their destination easier but of course, there's no guarantee where they will end up coming out from. There were times when they end up coming out from a toilet cubicle that is nearly 10 kilometer away from their real destination. The organization is still working on that to make it better.

"Thieving devils... So they steal things from the people continuously and randomly... For...?" Yoona is still reading the content of the mission card carefully, as Sooyoung looks around for suspicious behavior.

"For the sake of taking them. They don't need a reason. You can't talk about reason with those beings." Sooyoung replied, picking out a map from the service counter and trying to see if their destination is correct this time. "Good. It's correct."

"Has Yuri sunbae arranged the hotel stuff for us...?" Yoona asked, reaching her arm in her 5’o clock direction to grab her luggage but to end up grabbing air instead. "Eh...?"

"I'm calling her now." Sooyoung fishes out her phone to make a call while Yoona started looking around frantically for some reason. "What is it?"

"My... My luggage..." Yoona turns to Sooyoung with a tearful look. Sooyoung nearly dropped her phone after realizing what happened.

It was stolen. By the devils.

…..

"Y-Y-You really can't open the Blue Gate again...?" Yoona sobbed.

"No! I told you already, didn't I? The Blue Gate can't be used repeatedly. The dumb organization has yet to fix the problem of that... Each person can only open the Gate once every 24 hours for now. Jeez! How can you let your luggage be stolen?!" Sooyoung sighed as she pushes the key into the keyhole and turns it to the left to unlock the door. Yuri had prepared a room for the two of them in a hotel nearby and they had already gotten their key to the room.

"I... I only neglected it for a moment and it's gone..." Yoona bits her lips, trying to think of a way to survive the days without her luggage.

"I will lend you my clothes for the time being. Don't let it get stolen, alright?" Sooyoung walks into the room and halted when she saw the bed. Instead of two single beds that she would usually get with her partner, it's a single king-sized bed in the middle of the room. There's even rose petals on it. "...... I will kill that idiot when I get back..."

 

“Eh? D-D-Did they make a mistake…? I… I will go check with the staff…” Yoona turns to head for the door after seeing the bed but Sooyoung pulls her back, stopping her.

 

“It’s not wrong, according to that dark idiot’s arrangement. She did it on purpose. A-A-Are you okay with it…?” Sooyoung sighed, blushing slightly at the thought of sleeping on the same bed with the doe-eye girl. That would means she would probably be stripping herself while being beside the girl, in her sleep.

 

“I-I-I’m alright, I guess… but you…”

 

“… I will try my best to not strip, if I can…” Sooyoung scratches the back of her head, feeling embarrassed. “L-Let’s head out for dinner now. We just need to remember to close all the windows and leave no opening for those thieves to come in. Don't leave the door open for too long when entering and exiting too."

"Okay...!" And the two of them head out together, for their dinner. Their mission start officially the moment they wake up tomorrow morning. Without them realizing, something had already came into the room even before they arrived. It had been hiding under the bed for the whole time when they are here.

"Isn't this room supposed to be for human couples...?" The thing murmured to itself as it surveys the whole room. It's kind of boring to be on its own. How it wishes that it can make friends with some humans but they can't even see it.

…..

"Kyaaa!!!" A scream echoes into the room from the bathroom, getting the attention of the tall girl who is looking through the case file on the bed. She tosses the file aside and barged right into the bathroom, to see a red-haired being in the bathroom.

"Devil?! How did you get in?!" She charged forward and grabbed the being by its tail.

"Owww! It hurts! Let go of my tail!" The little devil struggled and froze when a gun is pointed to its head. "He-hey...! I.. I'm not a troublemaker...!"

"Trespassing into our room and saying that you're not a troublemaker? How convincing."

"I'm not lying...! I'm already here before you two came in!"

"Huh?"

"I-I didn't dare to come out when the both of you arrive... And I was hiding in here when you came back from dinner... Then she came in and started stripping..." The devil turns to the doe-eye girl who is standing at the corner of the bathroom, currently . The tall girl turns over in the direction where the devil is looking at, and she got a slap in her face immediately.

"Don't look over...!" The doe-eye girl scolded.

"Human noona, can you tell me what is those two things on your chest? They look soft." The devil spoke.

"YOU TOO! Don't look at me!" The doe-eye girl started spraying the water from the shower head at them, chasing them out from the bathroom.

"Jeez... A look won't kill right?" Sooyoung grumbled as she throws the devil in her hand aside and picks out a towel from her luggage to wipe herself dry.

"Oof...! Are all humans this harsh?" The devil groaned.

"I see no need to be nice to devils who know nothing but causing trouble for us."

"But how is it that you're able to see me though?" The devil asked hopping on the bed but to have its tail grabbed again, and tossed aside.

"Don't get on the bed when you're wet! We are people who work to kill your kind of beings, that's why we are able to see you." Sooyoung scolded and at that moment, the bathroom door opens, revealing the doe-eye girl who is standing behind it with just a towel wrapped around her body.

"C-C-Can I have some clothes...?" She asked but the tall girl is in dazed. "Stop staring and answer me, ert...!"

"Just take it...!" Sooyoung looks away quickly. She doesn't even know why is she staring so hard at that girl.

"Noona, is the chest of that noona soft? It looks soft." The devil asked again.

"Y-Yes..."

"How did you know?"

"I grabbed it before. It feels very nice."

"CHOI SOOYOUNG...!" Yoona obviously heard that. She has done changing but because of the unfitting undergarments, she had to go without them.

"There's something weird coming from under her shirt, noona!" The devil pointed out about the protruding points immediately and Sooyoung looks over, to have a towel thrown on her face.

"Don't look! It's because yours are too small, okay...? Damn..." Yoona bits her lips as she crosses her arms over her chest to cover up quickly.

"Who asked you to have your luggage stolen. Stop mistreating me. I'm both your partner and senior, mind you." Sooyoung pulls off the towel from her face, slightly pissed off.

"Then stop looking at me like a ert! It's not like I wanted to have my luggage stolen or something... Do you think I like being like this...? I wanted to be useful too..." Yoona's voice starts to crack and Sooyoung froze, looking over to see the girl staring at the floor like she's going to cry soon.

"H-H-Hey...! Don't start crying, okay? I hate it when girls start crying... Even though I'm a girl too..." Sooyoung starts to look around, trying to find something that might be able to cheer the girl up and her eyes landed on the little devil beside her. She picks it up and shoves it into the girl's embrace. "You didn't see a real devil before right? This is a real devil, though it's just a useless little kiddo devil."

 

“Mm…?” The doe-eye girl held on to the little devil quickly and stares at it quietly. Sooyoung lets out a sigh of relief and slumps onto the bed. “It has horns!”

 

“DUH? It’s a devil.”

 

“And its ears are pointed! There’s a tail too!” The doe-eye girl is literally exclaiming over everything about the devil and the tall girl is just rolling her eyes, thinking that she’s being too excited about a real devil, until she noticed something.

 

“YAH! YOU KIDDO!” She jumps off the bed quickly and pulls the devil away, to have Yoona staring at her with a sad expression. “What? This kiddo is busy stuffing itself in your chest, if you didn’t realize that.”

 

“It’s just a kid…”

 

“So? I don’t like that.”

 

“Why do you care…? It’s not like I’m your girlfriend.” Yoona raised an eyebrow as she crosses her arms and stares at the taller girl, who blushed suddenly.

 

“I-I-I just doesn’t like the sight of it. Now, kiddo. Find someone else to play with you. I want to sleep now.” With that, Sooyoung throws the little devil out of the room and closes the door before the devil can get back in. She turns around to face a pouting girl and she looks away immediately. “SLEEP. Don’t you dare let that kiddo in. I don’t want to be… be… sleeping together with a devil.”

 

“… You’re just afraid that it will see you .”

 

“Whatever.” Sooyoung jumps on the bed and covers herself with the blanket. Yoona sighed and turns off the light, before getting on the other side of the bed, right beside Sooyoung. Sooyoung finds herself getting nervous suddenly, the moment the doe-eye girl lies down beside her. She even tried to move a little closer to the girl.

…..

The tall girl woke up with a start, and shivered. She could easily guess that she’s , again. But something doesn’t feel right at the moment. There’s some weight on her.

 

She opens her eyes fully and looks down, to see that the doe-eye girl is in her embrace, on top of her. And because of her own hand that somehow ended up under the girl’s shirt, the girl’s shirt had been pulled up all the way to her shoulders. That means the girl’s bare torso is in contact with her own body.

 

H-H-Holy…! Sooyoung blushed instantly. She tried to move in a way that will not wake the girl up but she stops. I-I-It feels nice though…

 

“… Ummm…” At that moment, the doe-eye girl fidgeted. Sooyoung didn’t know why she did it but she closes her eyes immediately and wrapped another hand around the girl, pretending to be asleep. “… Eh…? EHHHH? S-S-Sooyoung… Sooyoung wake up…”

 

“Mm…?” Sooyoung pretends to have just woken up and stares at the girl sleepy. “Yea…?”

 

“M-M-Move your hands…!”

 

“Five more minutes…” And Sooyoung tightens her hold on the girl, much to the girl’s disbelief. It definitely feels nice to hug this girl. Not because of her chest. Yoona sighed and moved a little, probably trying to find a way to at least pull down her shirt. It’s embarrassing because her shirt is up and it’s even more embarrassing because she isn’t wearing anything underneath. Sooyoung moves her hand away to make things easier for the girl and the two of them lay still for nearly ten minutes.

 

“Sooyoung…? The mission…”

 

“OH RIGHT!” Sooyoung sits up immediately and Yoona looks away quickly, covering her eyes. It’s then Sooyoung remembers that she’s and she picks up her clothes quickly, heading straight for the bathroom. They had gotten Yuri to open the Blue Gate for them, so that Yoona could get some clothes for change.

 

“How’s your first night?” Yuri smirks.

 

“Shut up, idiot. How can you arrange such thing as you like? With rose petals too?” Sooyoung snapped at her, but her tone isn’t anywhere like angry or upset.

 

“You don’t sound unhappy about it.”

 

“W-W-What…? Y-Y-You must be having a problem with your mind…!”

 

“Heol…”

 

“…. What?”

 

“The almighty Choi Sooyoung fell for her own partner eh?”

 

“W-W-WHAT…?! W-What non-nonsense are you talking about…?!” Sooyoung grabbed Yuri’s collar with her face flushed red with embarrassment. Yuri chuckles and she pretends to see someone standing behind the flustered tall girl.

 

“Oh, you’re done?” Yuri asked and Sooyoung let go of the tanned girl quickly, to turn around and find that she has being tricked. “AHAHAHAHAHA!”

 

“KWON YURI!” Sooyoung almost wanted to punch the tanned girl, but the tanned girl is saved by the appearance of the doe-eye girl.

 

“Are you acting upon your weird habit again, Sooyoung??” Yoona sighed, as she folds the worn clothes on the bed after coming out from the bathroom.

 

“N-N-No…! A… Are you done…?” Sooyoung pushed Yuri aside immediately and went over to Yoona, to see the short skirt that the girl is wearing. “Y-Y-Yah…! What are you wearing…?!”

 

“Aren’t you the one that ask me to wear a skirt for the observing work?”

 

“B-B-But this is too short…! Everyone would be gawking at you…!”

 

“Why do you care so much?”

 

“Because you’re my partner! Go change out of it!”

 

“… Man, you’re really fussy. But this is the only skirt I have.”

 

“It’s okay…! Don’t wear it out…” Sooyoung bits her lips, sighing in her mind. That tanned girl is probably laughing at her silently at the side and she’s prepared to glare at the girl but to see that the Blue Gate is left open without anyone there. “Nothing else you want to take right…?”

 

“I think so.” Yoona replied, looking through the rest of the clothes she brought over and picking out something that covers up more, in case the girl scolds her again. After getting everything ready, they head out for the first part of their mission: Observation. They went to the bar where the most frequent number of cases occurred and took their seats at a corner where they can see every part of the place.

 

Sooyoung had her hair tied and stuffed under her hat, and she dresses more like a man so that the two of them look like a normal couple visiting a bar together. She took note of the presence of some devils hanging around but they seem to be just having fun, not planning anything.

 

“Hey, should we start?” After sitting around for nearly the whole day, Sooyoung finally picks up some conversation with her sharp ears. She glances around, and spotted a group of devils gathering near the bar counter.

 

“Wait. We have to check that there are no Exorcists around. I heard that the humans had sent a note to get their help to bring us down. It’s possible if any of these humans here are actually from that irritating organization.” The devil sitting in the middle, probably the leader of the group.

 

“That guy sitting at the corner had been looking around, I noticed. Could they be…” Another devil pointed towards the corner, where Sooyoung and Yoona are. They’re definitely suspicious, since they had really done anything after coming in, and Sooyoung had been looking around from time to time.

 

“Go check them out.” And one of the devils start coming closer.

 

“Yoona. Pretend that you can’t see them, okay?” Sooyoung instructed, with ventriloquism. Yoona nodded slightly and picks up the menu, flipping through it calmly. Sooyoung continues to look around, making it seems like she’s trying to make sure that no one is looking. When the devil got close, she continues to look around for a while more before grabbing Yoona’s hand.

 

Yoona is obviously surprised but she didn’t say anything. She trusts Sooyoung. After all, Sooyoung is someone who had never fails her missions. The devils continue to watch the two of them. It seems like the suspicion isn’t gone yet.

 

Sooyoung peeks at the face of the doe-eye girl from the corner of the eyes and looks away when the girl looks at her. Even Yoona doesn’t know if Sooyoung is planning something at the moment or is she just acting realistically, just like an awkward couple. Sooyoung glances over for one last time before getting up suddenly. Yoona stares at her blankly and before she can even react, her lips are stolen.

 

“I guess they are just an awkward couple. Come back. We will observe the rest for a while more and act if the coast is clear.” The leader of the pack gives it order and the rest of the group nodded.

 

Yoona continues to stay frozen in her position as she stares at the girl who is kissing her on her lips with her eyes wide open. She least expected this, even though it’s a couple act. Sooyoung continues to feast on her lips gently, and there’re even attempt to bring it to the next level until Yoona pushes her away quickly. Not knowing how she should act, she looks around nervously before running out from the place.

 

“Y… Y… Yoona…!” Sooyoung chases after her quickly, accidentally bumping into one of the devils and she pretends to look surprised. After looking around for a while more like she’s checking if there’s anything there, she continues to run after the girl quickly. Though Yoona running off isn’t part of her plan, at least she managed to plant a tracking device on one of those devils due to that.

…..

“I-I-I’m really sorry… I didn’t plan on that but… I don’t even know why I did that too, Yoona…” Sooyoung had been squatting right beside the bed even since they came back. The doe-eye girl is hiding under the blanket.

 

“That is no excuse to kiss me suddenly…! W… We are not even a real couple… I… I wanted to leave it for my first…” Yoona is clearly crying. Recently she had being through a lot whenever she’s with Sooyoung. First she had her chest grabbed, then she had her body seen completely and now, a kiss. She doesn’t know anymore. This isn’t part of what she expected when she first decided to join in the fight. Definitely not.

 

“S… So… you’re fine with it if it’s your first partner…?” Sooyoung pulls away the blanket and the girl stares at her with tearful eyes. “Then, I… I… I will be your first…”

 

“W… What…? What are you talking about…?” Yoona sits up and moves back. Did Sooyoung just asked her to go out with her? No way, right? They are both girls.

 

“I… I… I’m saying that… Ermm… I… I’m asking you out…! Okay? I… I’m asking you to be my… my… g… girlfriend… I… I… I think I like you…” Sooyoung grabs both Yoona’s hands tightly and she swears her heart dropped when the girl pulls away instantly and looked away.

 

“… Y… Stop joking around… W… we are both girls…” Yoona wanted to go to the bathroom to cool herself down with a shower but the tall girl pulled her back and pinned her down, much to her disbelief.

 

“I’M SERIOUS! DON’T TAKE MY HEART AS A JOKE! SO WHAT IF WE ARE BOTH GIRLS? THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT… I… I like you…! That’s all that matters!”

 

“… S… S… Sooyoung… Erm… I… I will think about it… I… I want to shower…” Yoona gets herself free from Sooyoung’s grip and she runs to the bathroom quickly, locking herself in. Sooyoung stayed in that position for a while before snapping back to her senses.

 

WHAT THE HELL?! D… D… DID I JUST CONFESSED OR SOMETHING?! Sooyoung started to panic and she cursed herself for letting run. That night was pretty awkward for the both of them. Yoona is the first to lie down and sleep, and Sooyoung continues to sit at the edge, wondering if she should just sleep on the floor for the time being. Timidly, she lies down beside the girl and she even checked if the girl is asleep.

 

“… There’s no turning back… I said it out already…” Sooyoung murmured to herself and let out a big sigh, before wrapping her arms around the girl, pulling the girl into her embrace before she sleep. She just has to let go of the girl before the girl wakes up in the morning.

 

However, she didn’t know that the girl isn’t asleep yet. Yoona didn’t dare to move an inch after getting caught into the taller girl’s embrace. She did want to get away but how would the girl feel…? Honestly, though Sooyoung had been rather tough with her, she had to admit that Sooyoung really did a lot for her, training her daily and guiding her. Sooyoung is probably the last person she would want to hurt.

 

She kept wondering how she should deal with this matter and before she knew it, it’s morning. She didn't even catch a wink. She sighed, thinking that she shall sleep all she wants after they are done with the mission and tried to get up, but to remember that she is in the embrace of the tall girl.

 

“… Sooyoung… We need to wake up…” Yoona taps on the arms of the girl but the girl tightens her hold instead. “Sooyoung…”

 

“Five more minutes… Please…” Sooyoung mumbled. She doesn't want to let go. Because she knows that she won't get a chance to do this anymore. Today is the last day of their mission. She buries her face into the back of the doe-eye girl gently and the girl fidgeted upon feeling her breath on her back. "Erm... Yoona...?"

"... Yea...?" Yoona replied, staring into the space blankly.

"About yesterday... You don't have to accept it you know... Just treat me normally as you always do and... Just to let you know... I'm going to do my best." With that, Sooyoung let go of the girl and ran to the bathroom. Yoona continues to lie in the very same position, and she sighs to herself.

"Jeez..." Yoona gets up slowly, to see that the tanned girl is standing in the supposedly a closet that became the door for the Blue Gate. "Y-Y-Yuri sunbae...!"

"I think I heard something good." Yuri smirks. "She confessed?"

Yoona nodded awkwardly.

"Just to let you know a little more about her, she's not someone that fall in love that easily so if she does fall in love, that means that person must be really special." Yuri smiled. "Don't stress yourself out over that, alright? Just be normal and she would be fine."

"... Why are you here though...?" Yoona asked.

"Oh! Right. Soo asked for a tracking device so I brought it for you. Seems like she managed to plant a tracking bug on one of those devils. See you." After tossing the device to Yoona, the tanned girl took a step back and closes the door, closing off the Blue Gate. The blue glow dies off and the closet turns back to normal.

"Who are you talking to?" Sooyoung came out after a while, looking refreshed.

"Yuri sunbae. She said that you asked for the tracking device." Yoona replied, picking up the device and showing it to Sooyoung. "It's not 24 hours since she last open the gate though...?"

"She got a special privilege. In every sector, the leader would have a special glove that will allow him or her to open the gate for more than one time with little errors, and since Yul is close to the Boss... She's like the Boss's little black pup, you see."

"I see..." Yoona nodded.

"Anyway~ LOOK! My clothes are on! I didn't strip when sleeping this time!" Sooyoung announced proudly with a smile.

"Oh..."

"Eyy~ what's with the lack of response..."

"I'm going to shower." Yoona picks out a set of clean clothes and heads for the bathroom, leaving Sooyoung alone. The latter stares at the door of the bathroom sadly and let out a sigh.

"... Maybe I shouldn't had said anything..."

-----

"Aren't these two the awkward couple from yesterday?! Who said that there's no problem with them?!" The leader scolded as it watches the two girls strike through the crowd of devils in front. Those around it look at it, telling it their answer. "Okay. Okay. It's my mistake. Kill them off!"

The group of devils pulls out their swords and bares their claws as they jump at the two girls. The leader continues to stand by the side for a while, watching the fight. They are clearly losing despite they are greater in number.

"Get that one that acted as the girlfriend yesterday! She's weaker! Gang up on her and she will probably die!" The leader instructed after noticing the strength of the two girls. The rest of the devils did as told and started focusing more on the doe-eye girl instead.

"Cunning bas***d..." Sooyoung cursed and changed her striking course quickly, heading towards Yoona's side to help her. "I'm coming, Yoona! Hang in there!"

Yoona clenches her teeth as she slashes at the incoming devils. She didn't know it would be such a big group of them and she can barely keep up with their attacks now, with her stamina reduced. At that moment, a devil jumps at her from behind...

"BEHIND YOU!" Sooyoung screamed.

Blood splattered on the wall nearby in an instant. Yoona stares with her eyes wide open. Sooyoung just jumped right behind her and protected her from that slash.

"S-S-Sooyoung...! Sooyoung, are you okay...?!" Yoona felt like crying suddenly.

"... Talk later, Yoona... We need to get this done first. And don't cry now. I don't have the time to comfort you at the moment." Sooyoung stood up straight and shot at the devils surrounding them professionally despite the big cut on her back. Yoona bits her lips and nodded, bringing her focus back on the devils and at last, they are left with just the leader.

"Spare... Spare me... I-I promise that I won't do it again..." The devil begged but Sooyoung spares no mercy for it, aiming right for its head and pulling the trigger for her gun. It's over. Mission accomplished. Sooyoung did a thumb-up and smiled at Yoona, before collapsing, shocking the girl.

"S-S-Sooyoung...!"

-----

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The tall girl lies in the bed, with her torso bandaged completely. She lost a little too much blood and they had to do a blood transfer for her immediately after she came back. Luckily, Yoona acted fast enough and called the tanned girl immediately after the girl fainted on her. The tanned girl opens up the Blue Gate and got the tall girl back to the headquarter for her treatment. Their luggage was retrieved from the hotel afterwards and Yuri contacted the hotel about it.

Ever since the blood transfer operation is over, the doe-eye girl had been sitting by the side of the tall girl's bed, waiting for her to wake up.

It's already midnight, when the tall girl finally opens her eyes. She tries to sit up but her back hurts and her world is spinning. She sighed, as she tries to get into a position where it won't hurt that much, when she realizes the fact that there's someone sitting beside the bed.

"... Yoona?" She reaches for the small lamp near the bed and she turns it on, quite surprised to see that the person sitting there is the doe-eye girl.

Probably disturbed by the sudden flash of light, the doe-eye girl fidgeted and almost fell of her chair. Sooyoung almost stretches over to help her but her back isn't helping at all. At that moment, Yoona opens her eyes slightly and looks around sleepily, before closing her eyes again.

"... So cute..." Sooyoung murmured.

"Eh?" Yoona opens her eyes again quickly, after hearing a voice in her half-asleep state. "Y-Y-You woke up...!"

"M... Morning...?" Sooyoung grins cheekily and she stops it quickly when she noticed tears in the girl's eyes. "H-Hey... Are... Are you not happy that I woke up...? Why are you-"

"PABO!" Yoona scolded, tears flowing out uncontrollably.

"W-What...?"

"Why did you block me with your own body?! You could have died!"

"... Yoona..."

"Do you know how scared I was...? I... I thought you might leave me alone forever..."

"But Yoona... If I let that devil slash you instead... I would rather be dead. I can't let you get hurt. I will never forgive myself if I let you get hurt..."

"Sooyoung... I'm not worth that much..."

"You're my life, Yoona."

"Sooyoung, I..."

"Yoona, I know it's hard for you to accept the fact that you have a girl in love with you... But I'm not asking you to accept me. Just stay with me and do what you always do. Just be yourself..."

"... Sooyoung... I... I'm thinking of quitting..."

"HUH?" Sooyoung tries to get up immediately but she clashes back on the bed. Yoona got a shock but Sooyoung didn't bother much. "What do you mean?"

"... I don't think I'm suitable for this... I'm too wea-"

"YOU'RE NOT! Yoona, you're definitely not weak! You're just inexperienced! Those that quit even before they get to go out for real mission are the weak ones! You endured all my weird habits and got to this stage, Yoona. How is that weak!? Normally, no one would have stay for more than a week after getting assigned to me. You stayed for nearly half a year already..."

"B-B-But I... I... You..."

"Everyone makes mistake here and there. Even the strongest person gets hurt with just a bit of carelessness. So don't blame yourself for anything... Not to say it's not your fault that you got ganged up by nearly the whole group of those scums. So please, don't quit, Yoona... I promise I will not let you get in any danger anymore. Don't be scared. I will always be with you..." Sooyoung grabbed the girl's hand tightly, as if she's afraid that the girl will really leave the organization and forget about her forever.

"It's... It's not that I'm scared that I will... die... I'm already prepared that I might die while doing this when I made my choice... But... But... I don't want people to die because I'm too weak to protect myself properly... How do I protect the other people if can't even protect myself...?" Yoona bits her lower lips and stares at the hand that Sooyoung is holding.

"I can train you further! If you really think that you're too weak, I will train you when I'm better! Please... Don't leave... You will forget about everything here if you leave..." Sooyoung lowers her head, trying to hide her tearful eyes from the girl.

"... Sooyoung... What exactly do you like about me...?" Yoona asked.

"Everything... Everything about you, Yoona. Especially your chest." Sooyoung smirks. "It's really nice to hold."

"P-P-ert...!" Yoona pulls her hand away quickly but Sooyoung is quick to grab it again. The latter pulled the doe-eye girl close in an instant. Realizing how close their faces had gotten, Yoona looks away immediately, blushing.

"... Do you really bear to leave and forget about everyone here...?" That question caught Yoona off guard. Throughout the six months she had spent here, she bonded well with the people in this place. It would be a pity if she really had to forget about them one day. While she's still deep in her thoughts, Sooyoung wraps her arms around the girl and pulls her over.

"Come on~ sleep together with me so that I won't take off anything!"

"Y-Yah...!"

BAM!

The tall girl miscalculated the strength she needs to pull the girl onto the bed and she ends up exerting lots of pain on her back by slamming onto the bed.

"ARGH!" Sooyoung groaned and rolled to the side, trembling due to the pain.

"A-A-Are you alright...?! How can you slam your own back on the bed like that? What if the wound opens up?!" Yoona scolded as she turns on the light quickly to check if the girl's back is okay. Luckily, there's no blood oozing from the wound, which means it's safe.

"S... Sorry... " Sooyoung replied with some trouble. "But really, come here. Sleep with me."

"That sounded wrong...!"

"You're thinking wrong."

"I-I-I'm not...! It really sounded wrong...!"

"Whatever~ come here quick."

"Sleep by yourself..."

"But what if I start pulling off my own bandage in my sleep? And the stitched wound on my back rubs on the bed and ends up opening up again?"

"... J... Jeez..." Yoona blushed as she gets on the bed carefully and lies down beside the girl. She resisted a little when the girl hugs her from the back but stop when the girl groaned in pain. That was on purpose though but Yoona didn't know. She thought she's really hurting the girl by resisting. So they end up sleeping on the same bed again, with Yoona in Sooyoung's embrace.

-----

It has been around one month since Sooyoung got injured and the wound on her back is pretty much healed. But she's still forcing the doe-eye girl sleep in her embrace every night. Though there is resistance, she easily put that down with her strength. Yoona gives up trying to get away after one week. Today is no difference.

Yoona woke up in the morning and sighed. The girl is hugging her a little too tight today that she could hardly move her arms and legs, being all clammed between Sooyoung's limbs.

"Sooyoung... It's a little too tight..." Yoona tries to wake the girl up but instead, the girl moved and trapped Yoona under her body. "H-Hey...!"

Sooyoung cuddles close and rested her head on Yoona's shoulder, and to Yoona's disbelief, one of her arms rested on her tummy and her hand is conveniently placed on one side of her chest.

"Y-Y-Yah...! CHOI SOOYOUNG...!" Yoona tries to move away. Though it’s not easy, she still managed to get away.

 

“See? You’re not weak. You got away from me.” At that moment, Sooyoung opens her eyes and smiled at the doe-eye girl.

 

“… I… I’m pretty sure you give in to me…” Yoona bits her lips and blushes slightly. Sooyoung still remembers about her words from one month ago.

 

“I didn’t.”

 

“Y-You did…! You aren’t this weak in the first place! That’s not your full strength!”

 

“Man, I got busted. But it’s okay.” Sooyoung sits up and stretches her body. It feels great to be able to stretch and move without feeling the pain on her back. She pulls Yoona over and hugs her tightly. “It’s very soft by the way.”

 

“Y-Y-YAH! Y… Y… You ert…!” Come to think about it, Yoona realizes that Sooyoung actually grabbed her chest, not in her sleep, but on purpose. She’s awake to begin with, even before Yoona woke up. Yoona tries to get away again but this time, Sooyoung isn’t giving in at all. The tall girl places a hand on the back of the doe-eye girl’s head and before the girl could react, she stole her lips once again.

 

Yoona is totally surprised but she’s even more surprised by herself. She didn’t move away nor resist. She allows Sooyoung to lay her down on the bed slowly and devours her lips gently. Until Sooyoung grabs her chest again.

 

“STOP GRABBING IT…!” Yoona pushes her away and covers her own chest quickly.

 

“Sorry. Just checking that you’re alive.” Sooyoung grins. “I thought you were dead because you didn’t push me away even though I’m kissing you. So… Why didn’t you push me away?”

 

“… Y-Y-You want me to push you away…?”

 

“Nope. But I was expecting that though. So… Why?”

 

“… I-I-I… I don’t know too…” Yoona looks away, blushing.  Sooyoung grins.

"Ahh~ I'm glad I confessed." Sooyoung lies down beside the girl and side-hugged the girl. "Though it's unplanned, at least I don't need to hide my affections with fake toughness now and I can express myself openly."

"... Sooyoung..." Yoona sighed. "Just what's good about me...?"

"Everything!"

"That's a little vague..."

"... Well... You're a busybody sometimes."

"Huh?"

"No matter how many times I tell you to leave me alone in the past, you insisted on helping me. No one ever did that, except for Taeng. She's almost the same as you, just that she's really harsh on me and she's a total midget."

"Harsh on you?"

"Yea. Whenever I talk to her roughly out of embarrassment, she would shoot back at me with even harsher words. That's just how she is haha~ She just couldn't leave me alone no matter how many times I run away from her to avoid her nagging."

"That sounds motherly of her."

"Yea... She's quite mature, despite looking like a ten year old at the age of twenty-five. She's a total kid at love too! She spent six years, going after her current girlfriend, doing all sorts of friend-liked stuff, before she finally confessed. I swear her girlfriend had that look of relieved when she confessed!"

"Eh? Why?"

"Because she's wondering just when will that midget finally confess. She had long sensed the affection and she shared similar feelings towards that midget. So all along, she's just waiting for a proper confession but she had to wait for six years."

"Their love is amazing... I'm glad her girlfriend had enough patience to wait for her till then." Yoona let out a happy sigh.

"I can wait too." Sooyoung blurted out, in a tone of seriousness. "No matter how long, I can wait too."

"... Sooyoung... I... I'm not worth it..." Yoona sits up and looks in a direction where Sooyoung won't be able to see her face, and bits her lips, thinking about Sooyoung's words seriously.

"You're worth it, Yoona. You're definitely worth it. Do you really have no feelings for me at all? Not a single bit?" Sooyoung sits up too, and placed her hand on Yoona's hand gently, staring at the girl's side profile with gentle gaze.

"... I... It's not like that..." Yoona stuttered. Her face flushed red in an instant and she looks to the side to hide it from Sooyoung but the girl grabbed her shoulders and made her face her directly.

"Then what...? Just why are you hesitating?"

"... I... I'm scared..." Yoona started crying suddenly, much to Sooyoung's surprise. The taller girl starts to look around frantically for tissues and she ends up pulling off her own shirt, using it to daps away the tears from Yoona's face.

"Scared of what, Yoona...? Relationship? Scared that I'm just going to play around...?"

"... I... I'm scared of losing... losing you..." Yoona finally got it out of . "The feeling is just too awful, Sooyoung...! I... I really thought you would be gone for good when you fainted on me that day... I... I don't want to... experience it again... I... I'm really afraid that my feelings will grow too strong and... and I won't be able to take it if... if..."

"If I die...? Jeez... Are you cursing me?" Sooyoung tried to joke a little to lift up the mood but she made things worse.

"IT'S NOT FUNNY...! You don't understand...!" Yoona pushed Sooyoung away and makes an attempt to run off but the girl is faster. Sooyoung pulled Yoona back by her forearm with much force, causing the girl to fall right into her embrace.

"I won't let go of your hand, ever. I will live a minute longer than you so you won't cry over my death. A minute, because that's the maximum I can do without you in my life. Please believe in my strength, Yoona. I won't let your tears fall. Not for me." Sooyoung whispered as she hugs the girl tightly, enjoying the scent of the girl and the comfort she gets from the girl's warm body. "I love you, Yoona... Please accept my heart..."

"... Soo... Sooyoung..." Yoona sobbed in Sooyoung's arms and that lasted for nearly ten minutes, until Yoona finally calmed down completely.

"You don't have to accept me now. I can wait." Sooyoung smiled as she pats the girl on her head gently. Yoona stares at the taller girl and looks away, biting her lips. It's not an easy hurdle for her.

"... S-Sooyoung... Please wait for me..." Yoona spoke after a while.

"I will." Sooyoung grins.

-----

The doe-eye girl had been watching the girl with fear in her eyes. Everyone else is busy fighting against the overwhelming number of devils. That girl is no difference.

This isn't an easy mission. A total of ten of them are sent on this and right now, they are left with barely four of them. Clenching her teeth tight, she slashes at whichever that comes charging at her but her focus isn't there.

"BE CAREFUL! STOP LOOKING AROUND!" The tanned girl screamed at her as she throws her dagger at the devil that almost got the doe-eye girl down.

"I-I'm sorry...!" Yoona apologized quickly as she regains her senses and focuses on the devils instead of the tall girl fighting at the side. But her stamina isn't keeping up well. "ARGH...!" She lets out a painful groan when a sharp blade pierced right through her back to her stomach. She fell to the ground and lays motionlessly on that very spot.

"... Y... YOONA!!!!" Sooyoung screamed with tears swelling up in her eyes. "YOU F**KING BAS***D!!!!!" And she went wild. Yuri and the other teammate had to run off and hide at somewhere else quickly, because the tall girl no longer recognizes her friends and foes at the moment. Bullets flew in all directions, getting headshots accurately in every shot. It didn't take too long till the whole group of devils gets eliminated by the raging tall girl.

Throwing her weapons aside, Sooyoung rushed to Yoona's side, slightly relieved when she realized that the girl is still breathing, but barely.

"OPEN THE DAMN GATE NOW! SHE’S STILL BREATHING!" Sooyoung screamed and Yuri scurried to open the Blue Gate quickly. Sooyoung carries Yoona up in bridal style and dashes right through the gate, sending her to the medical team without delay. They start the operation instantly.

Sooyoung paced tirelessly outside the operation room, punching the walls from time to time and blaming herself for not being able to protect the girl. The others could only watch at the side worriedly. They all know how the girl is. Talking sense to her now is no use. Thus, watching is the only thing they can do now.

"Come on, Yoona... You still had yet to give me an answer... You can't... You..." Sooyoung started crying suddenly while mumbling to herself. Taeyeon tried to comfort her but to be shoved aside harshly. "GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

SLAP!

Those watching gasped when Taeyeon dealt that hit right onto Sooyoung's cheek without any hesitation. Sooyoung quiets down instantly and stares at the floor in despair.

"... You're not the only one that is worried, Choi Sooyoung. Don't be so selfish and let others worry about you too." Taeyeon hissed.

"... I... I'm sorry..." Sooyoung walks away and stood by the door of the operation room, her forehead pressing on the door as she continues to mumble to herself. Taeyeon sighed and sat down, feeling lost. She had never seen Sooyoung being like this before.

Right at that moment, the light went off and the door opens. The nurses and doctor push out a bed. The blanket isn't covering the head and that means...

"She might be in a coma state for a few days but she's out of danger now." The doctor informed and the tall girl's face brightens up instantly. But at that moment, her legs gave way and her world went black, shocking everyone else.

…..

“Man, you’re such an idiot. I’m supposed to be the one being taken care of but now I’m taking care of you.” The doe-eye girl sighed as she slaps the towel onto the taller girl’s face.

 

“Y… Yoona…?” The tall girl sits up immediately and her expression darkens immediately after she realizes that the one beside her isn’t the doe-eye girl but her friend, Taeyeon.

 

“Must you look that disappointed? I’m taking care of you now, for goodness sake. Be grateful that I’m spending time on you instead of going on a nice date with my bunny.” The short girl narrows her eyes at her tall friend.

 

“… I… I’m sorry… It’s just that… Wait. Where… Where is she now…?” Sooyoung looks around frantically, noticing the fact that she’s in her own room right now.

 

“Intensive care room of course. She can’t come back here like you did the last time, Soo. She’s still in her coma state.” And the moment Taeyeon finishes her sentence, the tall girl jumps off her bed and ran out of the room. She almost collapsed again on the way to the intensive care room but she held on her wish of seeing the girl again, running with all her might.

 

Stopping outside the room, she almost cried out when she sees the girl lying on the bed, motionlessly. The heartbeat indicator beeped constantly and slowly. At least it’s beeping. She enters the room quietly and sat down beside the bed. She held the girl’s hand in hers gently, and brings it to her lips, kissing the girl’s fingers.

 

“Yoona… Please wake up…” Sooyoung cried. “I’m lying when I say that I want to live longer than you, Yoona… I can’t stand a second without you, Yoona… Please wake up…”

 

People start to gather outside the room quietly, worrying for the tall girl. She isn’t in a good state herself at the moment. If she’s to stay up and wait for the girl to wake up, she might collapse again. Taeyeon went inside and patted Sooyoung on her shoulder.

 

“… She will wake up, Soo. I’m sure she won’t want to see you all weak when she does, and I’m sure you won’t want to collapse in front of her the moment she wakes up, right?” Taeyeon sighed.

 

“… I don’t want… But… But I want to be here, Tae… Please let me be…” Sooyoung didn’t even bother looking at her friend at all. Her attention is focused on the doe-eye girl. In the end, they moved a bed into the room despite getting a scolding from the medical team, and allowed the tall girl to sleep there.

-----

“Soo, you’re eating too little!” Taeyeon scolded when she noticed the almost-untouched food on the tray left on the table in the intensive care room. It had been five days, but the doe-eye girl isn’t waking up at all.

 

“How can I eat when she’s being like this, Tae…?” Sooyoung started crying again. It’s not like her to be crying so much, but it hurts so much to see the doe-eye girl like this, that she cried for the five days while the girl is unconscious. “I… It’s the first time I had this feeling, Tae… The feeling of love… I don’t want to lose it…”

 

“You won’t, Soo. The doctor said it, didn’t he? She will wake up. It’s just a matter of time.” Taeyeon sighed. She can’t be fierce with her friend for now, seeing how her friend is right now. It hurts for her too, to see her best friend being like this for five days. Normally a shikshin, and now she’s barely eating at all. Knowing that talking won’t work, Taeyeon left the room.

 

“… Yoona… Why aren’t you waking up…? Are you trying to avoid me? Are you trying to avoid answering me…? I promise I won’t force you for it, Yoona… Please just wake up already… You have slept long enough…” Sooyoung sobbed. The heartbeat indicator continues to beep constantly and the doe-eye girl continues to lie on the bed, motionless.

 

Sooyoung stares at her sadly, standing up and preparing to go back to her bed to lie down for a while, when she felt a hand wrapping around hers. She turns around in shock, and she swears she almost burst into tears when she sees the girl’s eyes opening slowly.

 

“D-D-DOCTOR…!!” Sooyoung barged into the room of the doctor-in-charge. “Y-Y-Yoona… Yoona…”

…..

“Her condition is stable. Her wound is closing up as well. We will observe her for a few more days before we determine if it’s safe for her to go back to her room to rest.” The doctor explained and the tall girl didn’t waste anytime after he’s finished. She barged into the room instantly and hugged the girl, who groaned in respond.

 

“Oww…” The doe-eye girl pushes the tall girl away slightly. “It still hurts, idiot…”

 

“I-I-I’m sorry…! Are you okay…?” Sooyoung let go of the girl quickly and started panicking. In the midst of everything, her tears started rolling again.

 

“Oh…? Choi Sooyoung is crying?” Yoona raised an eyebrow.

 

“… S-Shut up…! Did you not know how worried I am…?!” Sooyoung sobbed. “I… I’m really scared, Yoona… B-But now… I… I’m crying because I’m really happy, Yoona… Thanks, Yoona… Really…”

 

“For?”

 

“For not leaving me behind…” Sooyoung couldn’t hold it anymore. Her tears are overflowing. Seeing that, Yoona’s expression softens and she pulls the girl closer, hugging the girl gently.

 

“… Idiot…” Yoona whispered. She is happy. During the five days, her consciousness had been lingering in pure darkness, trying to search for an exit. She was on the verge of breaking down when she suddenly heard Sooyoung’s voice. She followed the voice daily and finally, on the fifth day, she saw light. Taking a step into the light, she finds herself back in her body, in a room, and with Sooyoung beside her.

 

During the time when Sooyoung ran to fetch the doctor, she felt around and touches a wet patch on the bed she’s on. She knows what’s it immediately. “Thanks for leading me back, Sooyoung… I love you…”

 

“E-E-Eh…?!” Sooyoung’s face turns red instantly. “W-W-What did you say…?”

 

“Such words aren’t supposed to be repeated too much, idiot.” Yoona smirked.

 

“J-Just once more, please…! I… I didn’t hear it properly…!”

 

“I. Love. You. Clear enough?” With that, Sooyoung got into another crying fit as she hugs the girl tightly.

 

Five days in the darkness, Yoona finally realizes her own feeling. She had been yearning to get out and get back to Sooyoung’s side. She realizes how much the girl stands in her heart and she couldn’t stop thinking about her, hoping that she would come and take her out of the darkness.

 

And she did.

 

“I… I love you too, Yoona… I really do…” Sooyoung sobbed.

 

“I got it, I got it…! Stop crying already… I feel like crying now…” Yoona sighed.

 

“O-Okay…! Please don’t cry… I will stop now.” Sooyoung wipes away her tears quickly. For the next few days, Sooyoung remained by Yoona’s side. Even after Yoona is allowed back to her room, she followed the girl around, making sure that the girl won’t get into trouble on her own. She even quitted the mission team and joined the medical team so that she can learn how to better take care of the girl.

 

Months later, the girl is fully healed. Sooyoung couldn’t stop hugging her at all. She’s too happy.

 

“My bones are going to get crushed by you, Soo…” Yoona sighed, smiling faintly.

 

“Finally… Finally you’re all well, Yoong…” Sooyoung buries her face into Yoona’s shoulder. “Please don’t go out on mission again…”

 

“… Well, if my girlfriend isn’t there, why should I be there? It would only be fun if you’re with me, Soo.”

 

“Join me in the medical team, Yoong. If you don’t like blood, we will work in the infirmary instead.”

 

“As long as you are with me, Soo. Don’t leave me alone, okay? I had become too dependent on you now and I will di-“ Sooyoung stopped her from talking instantly.

 

“Don’t ever say that word. I don’t like it.” Sooyoung frowns.

 

“Okay, okay… I can’t do without you, okay? Is that better?” Yoona pinches the cheeks of her girlfriend playfully.

 

“And you should be the one promising that you won’t leave me alone. I will tie myself to you for life, Yoong. Like I had said before, I will never let go of your hand. I’m going to be with you forever, Yoong.” Sooyoung held the hands of the girl tightly in hers. Yoona smiled at her and the two of them stare at each other fondly, leaning closer slowly.

 

Just when their lips are about to touch-

 

“Yah. If you’re going to kiss, get on with it quickly!” It’s the tanned girl. Apparently, the whole gang of them is crowding outside the two girls’ room, trying to get a glimpse of the lovey scene. They noticed that the tall girl is fuming and ran off immediately.

 

“Y-Y-YAH YOU GUYS…! COME B-” Sooyoung attempted to chase them but Yoona pulled her back, waving her hand in the air. Sooyoung stares at her for a while and smiled. “Yea…” She held the girl’s hand in hers. “Come on, let’s get them!”

 

“Yea~” With that, the two girls ran out of their room, after those girls that interrupted their kiss, hand-in-hand.