I'm a Girl Part 01

Collections

 

The doe-eye girl rush to her new class, hoping to be early. She still remember that guy. The guy that she met when she was checking her result for the entrance examinations. She saw his name on this piece of paper accidentally during that time and is now pretty sure that he is in the same school as her, however, she did not know which class is he in. She enters the class, attracting much attention of the boys in class. Almost the whole class is here already.
“Sorry, but can you move in? You are blocking the way..” A familiar voice came up from behind her.
She turns around and saw a girl, who is slightly taller than her. She is beautiful, and for some reason, she looks familiar.
“Ahh.. Sorry..” The doe-eye girl quickly move away from the door way and bowed.
“Oh? It’s you?” The girl gave her a surprised look but the doe-eye girl is even more surprised. She seems to have see her somewhere before but she does not remember when or where. Plus, this girl seems to know her too, yet she has no memory of her.
“Do you know me?” The doe-eye girl asked.
“No I don’t. But we met before, didn’t we?” The girl replied with a smile.
The doe-eye girl continues to give her a confused look. Understanding her thoughts immediately, the girl continued, “You were so happy on that day. Jumping around and knocking into other people. You even called my oppa. Don’t tell me you don’t remember this at all..”
“I was... What?! The.. results..?” The doe-eye girl seems to have realise something. She gulped. Yes, she does remember about the day when she went to check her results for the entrance exam, and even met a charming guy, who she loves. However, she has no memory of calling any girl that she met on that day oppa.
“Simple t-shirt with jeans and a cap. Remember?” The girl said, after seeing that confused look on the doe-eye girl.
The latter, then, realised it. The reason to why this girl looks and sounds so familiar, and why that charming guy has long strands of hair coming out from underneath his cap that time. She was shocked. She was actually in love... with a girl?! And worst, its her first love.
“Do you remember it now?” The girl interrupted her thoughts.
“... Ah. Yea.. Sorry for knocking into you and even calling you an oppa....” The doe-eye girl replied, feeling embarrassed and at the same time, a little disgusted at herself. She never support this kind of love relationship and now here she is, in love with a girl, who she thought is a guy.
“Nah.. It’s okay. With my outfit on that day, anyone had mistaken me as a guy.. By the way, the name is Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung.” The girl reached her hand out for a shake.
“Yo.. Yoona. Im Yoona..” The doe-eye girl took her hand and shook it lightly.
While the conversation between them goes on, neither of the two notice that almost the whole class, specifically the boys, had their attention on the two of them. Many felt as though they are in love while others were just drooling. The school bell rang, signalling to them that it is time for them to proceed to the auditorium for the welcoming speech by the Principal, who is well-known for his long-winded speech. The two put their bags down quickly on the two seats at the front and ran off together, in the direction of the auditorium. The boys snapped back to reality soon after and rush down to the auditorium.

-----

“Welcome, boys and girls. Welcome to..” The Principal starts to read from his script, which seems to be almost five pages long. Even though it just started, there are already a lot of students dozing off. Some others were just keeping themselves entertained. Anything that they do now is better than listening to this speech. As the speech continues, more and more students are falling asleep. Yoona can even spot some students slapping themselves lightly on their cheeks just to keep themselves awake. Suddenly, she felt something hit her shoulder. It was Sooyoung’s head. She has fallen asleep. Yoona did not fall asleep, neither do she feels sleepy. Her whole mind is filled with ‘What to do?’ as she looked at the sleeping girl beside her. Her face is red. Very red. She looked around and noticed that there is a teacher going around, catching all the sleeping students and make them stand at the back. She shook the sleeping girl quickly and whispered into her ears, telling her about the situation. Sooyoung woke up almost immediately and sat upright. After the teacher walked past their row, Sooyoung relaxed and turn around, flashing a smile at Yoona, who did the same as a reply. Such a beautiful smile. Sooyoung almost got lost in her own thoughts. She came to realise that she had been staring at Yoona for quite sometime since just now, and Yoona is giving her a weird look.
“Is there something on my face..?” Yoona asked, noticing that Sooyoung was looking at her for a long time. She actually likes the feeling of that. Having someone’s sole attention on her, it was great. Of course, that someone has to be someone that she likes. She got shy and turns away, blushing. I.. I hate this kind of relationship! But.. but why is it that she makes me feel so.. happy to be.. like this..? Yoona thought to herself, and did not see that Sooyoung is actually still staring at her for quite some time before turning away quickly. What’s wrong with me? I’m staring so intensely at someone.. at a GIRL?! I must be crazy.. Sooyoung touches her own cheeks. It was warm. She peeks to her side, and see that Yoona did the same. Both gave an awkward smile and turn away once again.

------

Sooyoung’s first impression of Yoona is that, she is a quiet and shy girl that gets excited easily, with reference to her behaviour on the day of the release of results. However, she soon realised that she was wrong. In fact, it was almost the direct opposite.
“Youngie~” Yoona called out, upon seeing her first friend, Sooyoung. Sooyoung was shocked. It had just been the second day of school and the third day she had met her, and yet she is being so friendly already.
“Youngie?” Sooyoung gave her a questioning look. She was feeling a little embarrassed about that as she is not use to it. Especially when it was by someone she barely know. Yoona nodded and smiled. She did not know why did she call Sooyoung that either, but she just want to be close to Sooyoung, or at least, feel close to her. Sooyoung, of course, did not understand her behaviour but she did not bother about it, until Yoona told her something.
“And you will have to call me Yoongie, okay?” Yoona wrapped her arms around Sooyoung’s right arm, smiling widely and at the same time, she seems to be blushing a little.
“Yoongie? But won’t we be misunderstood as a couple..?” Sooyoung stared into Yoona’s beautiful eyes and almost got lost in it.
“I don’t care~ And I don’t mind.” In fact, she likes the idea of being misunderstood as a couple with Sooyoung. Yoona starts to swing her arm, together with Sooyoung’s, and skipped happily as the both of them walked down the corridor, to their classroom. They are still getting a lot of attention from the boys and some from the girls. There are some that are giving them a weird look too. Sooyoung is starting to feel embarrassed but the girl beside her does not seem to care, or it is just that she did not even notice it at all.
“Yoo.. Yoona-ssi... Some.. Someone asked me to pass you this..” A boy approached them as soon as they enter the classroom. His hand was stretched out, towards Yoona, with a letter in his hand. With her arm still hooked to Sooyoung’s, Yoona took the letter and opened it right away. Sooyoung leaned towards her and peeked at it.
“Oh? A love letter? That’s fast..” Sooyoung commented. Yoona turned her head around and found her face, no her lips, is half a inch apart from Sooyoung’s. The both of them back away instantly and stood still, staring into each other’s eyes. Yoona can feel it. She can feel her heart. It is pumping furiously. Pumping as though it had never pump before.
“Girls, time for lesson. Please go back to your seats.” The teacher stood behind the two girls, who are currently blushing madly. They scurried back to their seats and get the materials needed for the lesson out of their bags. While the lesson went on, Yoona kept on looking at the letter. The handwriting on the letter seems so familiar and the style of writing too. Suddenly, something strikes her mind. She was reminded of her middle-school days. Some bad memories. She shook her head slightly, not wanting to remember it. Getting bored, Sooyoung leaned over to Yoona’s side and asked, “So.. Are you going to meet your admirer?”
“But doesn’t that mean that I’m accepting him?” Yoona replied with a question.
“I don’t know. But won’t it be cruel if you leave him there to wait for you, when you are not even going to appear...?”
Yoona looked at her blankly for a moment before answering, “Come with me then... I don’t know what to do..”
“What?!” Sooyoung accidentally raised her voice, which invited all the attention of their classmates and the teacher. “Uhh.. Sorry..” She apologised, and stared at Yoona, who pretends that nothing had happened.

-----

“So, did you give it to her?” A tall figure stood in a dark corner, with the face covered.
“Ye.. yea... I did as you had told me to... Can.. Can I have my th.. things back now..?” The small-sized boy replied timidly. The tall figure threw a bag at the boy and asked him to get lost.
“Yoona.. I really wants to see you soon..”

-----

The two girls strolled down the corridor, since it is still early. Yoona looked at the direction given on the piece of paper and stopped at a corner, which was marked with a X on the paper. There was no one there.
“... No one... I told you that there’s no need to..” Yoona looked around, and grumbled after seeing that there is no one here. However, she fails to realise that a figure came up from behind her and hugged her tightly, startling her.
“Yoona~” That person called out sweetly. It was a voice of a girl. And it is definitely familiar to Yoona. Feeling that it is not going to be good, Yoona turns around and recognised the girl immediately.  Her thoughts of the girl is shown clearly on her face. She was frowning.
“... It’s you?” Yoona asked, with a irritated tone.