Prisoner of the Heart and Heart Warden

Collections

 

The girl observes every motion of the people in the targeted area from the multiple screens she has in front of her, in a van. Typing in some codes, the bigger screen behind her turns on and shows a scene with a well-protected huge safe. Using the special camera that she installed earlier that day, when she sneaks in, she is able to see all the infrared sensors crossing in front of the safe. It's a good thing for her, that the sensors are only on at night when there are less guards.


"Must be a huge sum of money..." She murmured as she checks the time. It's almost bedtime for the owner of the safe. Pulling on a black beanie and black gloves, she covers her face with the Anonymous mask and she's ready to take action. Checking her tools, she got off the van after making sure that there's no one around.

One... Two... And action. With the special sticky pads on her gloves and soles, she climbs the wall fairly easily, just like a lizard. She heads for the window of the storeroom, a room that has no guard around for sure. It's a small window but it's no problem for her. She's skinny after all.

She slides into the place after prying open the window and heads straight for the door. Making sure that there's no one, she presses a button on a mini controller and she smirks when she sees the red lights on the security cameras turn off instantly.

She managed to hack into their security system easily and she can control it with just a small controller. Time to move again. The targeted room is approximately five rooms away to the left. It's obvious that there will be at least two guards outside the room.

How is she supposed to get in then? Thinking about it for a while, she retreats back into the store and pulls out a tablet. Typing in some codes and accessing some servers, she smirks when the fire alarm went off on its own after she hits enter.

Fast footsteps could be heard. Peeking out, she spots one of the guards carrying a small locked chest. Without the other guards noticing, she grabs that guard and pulls him into the store.

"Who-" before he can even finish his sentence, she covers his mouth with a drugged cloth and soon, his conscious is lost. Grinning, she took the chest and starts her attempt to break the lock. Being a treasure, the lock is obviously specially made to prevent common thieves from unlocking it. But she's no common thief.

Despite the fact that it's specially made to prevent thieves from getting it, the girl got it unlocked in less than five minutes.

"What is this...?" The girl raised an eyebrow as she stares at the glittering blue gem that is pathetically small, situated right in the middle of the box. "Whatever..." She makes a jump and slides out of that small window she gets in from, with the chest in her hand.

She got back on her van and soon, she's off.

-----

"Here, boss." The girl puts the chest on the table and picks up the sports bag beside it. She makes a sharp turn, ready to leave when the guy calls her back.

"Soo. There's a new job for you." The guy shifts the chest to one side and slides a paper across the table, towards the tall girl. Sighing, the girl picks the paper up and starts to read the terms for the job.

"So I just have to get whatever is in the room?" Sooyoung raised an eyebrow at her boss. Never once she had gotten such a vague instruction. The room could have a lot of things and what exactly did she has to get?

"Yes." It's obvious that the guy is saying nothing else about the thing that they are going to steal this time. Sooyoung nodded and walked away, out of the office with the piece of paper stuffed in her pocket.

On her way back home, she could see police surrounding that very house that she broke into earlier. The owner is crying for an obvious reason. But she still couldn't understand it. What's so good about that tiny gem? It's so tiny that she doubts that it worth much. Whatever. She got her money and that's the main thing.

Her house isn't big, despite the amount of money she had earned from her secret job. It's a small, one room apartment in a secluded neighborhood. She thinks that it's enough for her to live alone plus, it will prevent anyone from stealing her money away. Who will expect anyone living in such poor condition to have a lot of money?

The moment she got home, she opens up her multiple locks safe that even skilled thieves like herself might have some trouble opening it without knowing the password. She empties the sports bag and arranges the stacks of money into the safe. After doing so, she dumps the bag aside and changes out of her clothes. The piece of paper drops out from her pocket, bringing her attention back to it.

"I wonder what is it exactly..." Sooyoung stares at the paper for a while more before pinning it up on the notice board she had hanging on the wall. "I have one day to rest and prepare, I guess..." With that, she enters the bathroom for her bath.

-----

"Yes, boss. I will have the preparation completed by today and checked again tomorrow." The tall girl nodded to herself as she speaks on the phone with her boss. It's making her curious. He never did call her before for her job. He knew that she needed no reminder or warning but this time, he's nagging like an old lady. The strangest of all, is the fact that he's telling her to bring a extra big sack and more ropes. Is she going to steal a super large item this time? "Who's the client anyway?"

"Mr. Choi Jonghyun. Son of the CEO of the biggest bank in the world." The guy replied.

"Woah. I can look forward to the reward then?" Sooyoung grins. She heard of the name of the banks by the Choi Family but she wasn't one to watch or read the news and magazines so it's no surprise that she doesn't know how those famous people look like. Not like she needs to know.

"Yes."

"But what is it that he needs? He's loaded so why can't he get it himself?"

"It's something that can't be bought. Got to go now, by the way. Bye." And the line got cut off before Sooyoung can question further. Sooyoung stares at her phone, feeling puzzled. Her boss is definitely acting weird.

"You're too slow!" Just then, a commotion caught her attention. She turns around to see one of the staffs of the supermarket that she's in getting scolded badly by the manager who looks nasty. The girl getting scolded looks pale and sickly, but she's gorgeous and cute. Not liking the sight of someone that weak getting picked on, Sooyoung approaches the two people.

"I... I... I... I'm terribly sorry..." The girl apologized and coughed violently. She's definitely unwell.

"Sorry? Don't say that you're sorry! Don't think that this pretty face of yours can get you out of trouble even if you slack, okay?!" The manager grabs the face of the girl and squeezes it harshly, inflicting pain on the girl.

"Should I report this to the police...? This video should be enough to prove that you're abusing your staffs, right?" Sooyoung interrupted the conversation with a smile, as she shows the manager the video recording of the sick girl getting punished by the manager. "Making a sick staff work and hurting her... Mm..."

"... I... I'm just... Erm... Training my staff, miss! Pl... Please don't misunderstand!" The manager tries to deny. "Yoona, tell... tell her... Am I abusing you?"

"... N... No..." The girl bits her lips and looks down. Seeing that, Sooyoung frowns.

"Yoona~!" And at that very moment, a guy barged into the supermarket with a loud entrance and seeing that, the doe-eye girl tries to run away quickly as though he's a monster. However, he caught her and hugged her forcefully. "Oh my... Are you sick, honey?"

"L... Let go! I... I'm not your honey...!" Yoona tried to push him away but she couldn't, in her current state. She's too weak right now.

"Come on, my dear... Don't force me to take extreme measures to get you..." The guy grins widely at her. The people in the supermarket start to crowd around as they watch the guy trying to flirt with the poor girl. He even attempted to kiss her but she slapped him, causing the crowd to gasp in shock. "Y... You...!"

"Sorry to interrupt, sir. This girl is coming with me." Unable to take it anymore, Sooyoung grabs the hand of the girl and pulls her out of the guy's embrace easily. The moment the girl comes in contact with her, she could already feel the body heat of the girl. She's running a high temperature. Ignoring the shouting of the guy, Sooyoung brought the girl out of the supermarket. "Are you okay?"

"... Thank you..." Yoona removes her hand from Sooyoung's hand quickly.

"Why are you working when you're having such high fever? You should be going to he doctor and resting at home..." Sooyoung sighed.

"... I... I can't afford to..." The girl didn't look up. For the whole time, she had been staring at the floor. There was silence for a while and she started to cough violently. Sooyoung pats her back quickly, to be shocked when the girl falls into her embrace suddenly. She fainted.

"Oh god..." Sooyoung carries the girl up. "... Poor thing..." That's it. Off to the doctor she goes.

…..

"She's running a very high temperature... It would have been a danger to her life if you didn't bring her here..." The doctor informed the tall girl of the doe-eye girl's condition. Sooyoung thanked the doctor and sat down beside the girl after the doctor left. She stares at the girl's peaceful sleeping face quietly, admiring the beautiful feature of the girl.

She looks like an angel. It's no wonder she got a guy going so crazy about her to harass her openly like that.

Beep.

That's her phone. Sooyoung didn't know why but her boss just sent her a message. That's rare. Very rare. She opens the message quickly, and it seems like tomorrow's job is going to be pulled forward to tonight. How can she leave the girl here alone? What if someone comes in and creeps on her? Should she reject the job this time despite the possible huge reward?

From: The Boss
Job information change. Do it tonight and also, location is different.


Not only the time is different, the location too. Did the owner of that precious thing that she's going to steal soon shift? She scrolls down to look at the address and her eyes widen. Hospital? Ward number 0530...? Sooyoung looks up instantly.

Ward 0530.

That's the place she's in now.

Wait a minute. The thing that she's supposed to steal is in this very room right now?

Beep.

Another message.

From: The Boss
Client says that it's okay if you can't do it due to the sudden changes. He got another group to help already. Reply ASAP. The group will strike at 11 PM.


Tch. That guy seems desperate to get what he wants. She starts to look around but what else can be in a hospital ward? It's just the usual medical equipment, bed and the patient. What else...

"Wait. The patient..." Sooyoung looks over to the doe-eye girl lying on the bed. Feeling that something doesn't seem right, she pulls out her tablet quickly to surf the net, checking on her client. It's that guy. That same guy who came to the supermarket earlier and harassed Yoona. "What the freaking hell...?" Sooyoung couldn't believe it. She's supposed to steal... A girl?!

That guy is seriously sick. Being unable to get her through constant harassment and now he's going to kidnap her? She glances over to the clock quickly. 10:30 PM. She has half an hour more to go. To get herself ready. She got out of the ward quickly, and bribes one of the nurses to stay in the ward to make sure no one else enters. Her own apartment is too far. She has no time to get back to get ready.

Looking around, she stops in front of one of the doctor's room. She doesn't care anymore. She grabs a mask from the help counter and puts it on, before entering the doctor's office calmly. Good for her, it's a female doctor.

"I didn't call for you to come in yet. Pl-" Before she can continue, she got a hand gripping tightly to her neck.

"Quiet. I won't hurt you. I just need to borrow your identity for a moment." Sooyoung faked a voice as she ties the doctor up. "After I'm done, I will make sure someone comes and save you. But don't you dare say a single word about me."

"... A... A... Araso..." The doctor nodded, fearing for her life. "But... Why did you need to pose as me...?"

"... To save someone from a creep. Thanks for the help." After donning on the doctor's coat and equipment, Sooyoung turns off the lights in the office and heads out.

"Dr. Kim! Where are you going?" One of the nurses asked. "It's time for consultation!"

"I have something urgent on right now. Sorry." The tall girl successfully imitated the voice of that female doctor and she hurries back to the ward where Yoona is in.

"Dr. Kim...?" The nurse in the ward seems surprised to see her.

"This patient's family requested for her to be transferred to a nearer hospital to their house. Get her ready by latest 10:55 PM. Quick." Sooyoung ordered and the nurse nodded, hurrying with the preparation. Sooyoung stares at the clock nervously. It's 10:50 PM already. She took too much time thinking of a solution and dealing with that doctor. She doesn't even know how long will it take for the hospital to get this girl out of the place.

As the minute hand stops in front of the number 10, Sooyoung let out a sigh of relief when the nurses start to push the girl out of the ward. She had made sure that all the windows are close, in case they are been watched. As a doctor, she also made an arrangement for a sturdy male patient to be transferred into ward 0530.

10:57 PM. The doe-eye girl got on the ambulance safely. No one from outside is able to see, since the place that they are in has no opening except for the main door that is currently close. Sooyoung dumped the doctor's uniform in the trash bin nearby quickly and got on her own van.

10:59 PM. The ambulance is finally out of the hospital. Sooyoung starts the engine of her van quickly and followed after the ambulance. At a slightly more secluded road, she drove right in front of the ambulance to make it stops. With a mask and beanie on, she got down from her van and walked towards the ambulance.

"Get the patient down." She opens the door of the driver seat and pulled the driver out. "I believe her condition isn't so bad that it's a must for her to stay in the hospital, right?"

"T... True but... We cannot let you take her away..." The driver replied, not knowing why's going on.

"I don't care. Get her down with her face covered. Or you will regret it." Sooyoung starts to wonder. Why is she going through such trouble just to get the girl out of the hospital? Because arranging for a discharge would probably make it traceable by that creep and there's a possibility that those people responsible for catching the girl will be in the car park as well?

She pulls out a gun that she kept in her van and the driver gives in instantly. They cover the girl's face with the blanket and push the girl out of the ambulance. Sooyoung carries the girl off the bed, with the blanket still covering her and heads back to her van.

Settling the girl down on the passenger seat, she gets on quickly and drove off. With a push of a button, the windows of her van turn darker, making it impossible for the people outside to know what and who is in the car. It's then she pulls down the blanket. Going through so much drama just to get the girl out of the hospital. Just thinking about it makes her sigh.

It's like she's stealing the girl and at the same time, preventing the girl from getting stolen. After driving for quite some while, Sooyoung parks her van and covers the girl with the blanket again, before bringing her down the van. It didn't take long till she's back in her small apartment.

"... Jeez..." Sooyoung sighed. What did she just do for the past one hour? Full of dramas. That's probably the most dramatic event of her life.

Beep.

From: The Boss
Did you get the girl?! Client seems to be fuming because that group of thieves couldn't find the girl anywhere. Did you?


Sooyoung decided not to reply. In fact, she decided to cut off contact for the time being. She has enough money for her to live her whole life without needing to worry about money anyway. The doe-eye girl definitely cannot return to her own house, since the guy knows her address and will probably try to catch her again if she ever goes back.

"... Mm..." Just then, the girl lying on the blanket that Sooyoung usually sleeps on starts to stir.

"... Awake?" Sooyoung asked, pouring a glass of water for her quickly.

"... W... Where..." Yoona couldn't recognize her surrounding. Obviously.

"My house. Sorry for bringing you here without permission but I have to."

"Huh...?" Yoona couldn't understand. Why do the girl have to bring her here?

"Choi Jonghyun... He is trying to kidnap you." Sooyoung sighed, taking out a box of medicine and searching through it for a cold medicine.

"... W... What?!" Yoona exclaimed. That irritating guy is trying to kidnap her? For what?

"He's probably trying to force you to be with him. Or worse, he might even plan to you after kidnapping you. I don't know his character so I don't know..." Sooyoung placed the cold medicine beside the glass of water. “This is the cold medicine. Don’t take it now though. The hospital gave you some earlier.”

 

“Hospital…?” Yoona’s eyes widen instantly. She went to the hospital just now?

 

“You are an idiot, aren’t you?” Sooyoung smirks at her.

 

“W… What…?!” Calling her an idiot even though they just met for a while?

 

“You know… The doctor said that your life might be in danger if you continue to work in that condition. Your fever is serious.” As she’s saying that, she’s cooking something on the stove. She then take out a cup noodle and opens it, pouring boiling water in and putting it aside.

 

“… But I need money…” Yoona sighed.

 

“Stay here for the time being. No one except my neighbors knows that I’m here plus, your house is not safe. That creep got your address.”

 

“How did you know that… he’s going to kidnap me?”

 

“… I just know.” Sooyoung didn’t really want to say about her secret job. She doesn’t know the girl enough to trust her with that secret. After she saying that, no words are spoken by either of them. Yoona coughed and sneezed a number of times and she started to look around for tissue paper. “It’s at the corner.”

 

Somehow, without looking, Sooyoung knows what Yoona is trying to look for. Yoona nodded and tried to get up, but somehow her limbs aren’t listening to her command. They hardly have enough strength to support her weight.

 

“I almost forget. Sorry.” Sooyoung walked over and picked up the box of tissue, putting it down beside Yoona before going back to the stove. She turns off the gas and removes the pot from the stove. “… Here.”

 

“… What’s this…?” Yoona stares at the bowl of white substance in front of her.

 

“… Porridge. I think I overcooked it though…” Sooyoung sighed, stirring the sticky substance, before standing up again, wanting to recook it.

 

“Wait. It’s okay…” Yoona picks up the bowl quickly and have a taste. It tasted alright. At least it’s alright for her. But her hands are shaking a bit too much. Seeing that, Sooyoung took the bowl away from and scoped half a spoonful of porridge up. She blows on it gently and offers it to the doe-eye girl. “I… I can d… do it myself…”

 

“Your hands don’t even have the strength to hold a feather.” Sooyoung puts the spoon close to Yoona’s mouth. Though embarrassed, Yoona eats from the spoon in Sooyoung’s hand. After around fifteen minutes, the bowl of porridge is finally finished. And Sooyoung gets the girl to lie down immediately.

 

“I… I just ate…” Yoona tried to get up.

 

“You’re too skinny anyway. Gain a little more fats would be good.” Sooyoung pushed her down again. She puts the bowl into the basin and picks up the cup noodle that is obviously soggy right now and ate it with the spoon that Yoona just used.

 

“T… That spoon…” Yoona is shocked when she saw that.

 

“Not like your saliva has poison.” Sooyoung replied, continuing to eat the soggy noodle with the spoon. Yoona continues to stare, and her face turns red slightly. “It’s kind of rude to stare, miss…”

 

“S… S… Sorry…” Yoona turns around quickly.

 

“Do you want to bathe?” Sooyoung asked after finishing her noodle but she got no reply. Throwing the cup away, she sits down beside the doe-eye girl and peeks at her face. Eyes closed. Sleeping already? Smiling faintly, Sooyoung shook her head and lies down slowly beside the girl, sliding under the same blanket.

 

Yoona froze instantly when she feels the girl’s back rubbing against hers. She never shares a bed or blanket with someone before. It’s so awkward and uncomfortable that she starts to sweat. For the whole night, Yoona could hardly sleep.

-----

The doe-eye girl stays frozen as she stares straight to the front. How did she end up in Sooyoung’s embrace? The girl is still sleeping and hugging her tightly. At one moment, the hold tightens and Sooyoung buries half of her face in Yoona’s shoulder.

 

“You’re very nice to hug…” Suddenly, the tall girl spoke, surprising Yoona.

 

“Y… Y… You’re awake…?!” Yoona turns her head slightly to look at the tall girl.

 

“Well… You keep saying that it’s cold…” Sooyoung let go of her and got up, stretching her body. She picks up her phone, not surprised to see the number of messages she got from her boss.

 

From: The Boss

Choi Sooyoung. What’s wrong with you? Why aren’t you replying me? Just how did the thing go? Did you get the girl?

 

From: The Boss

There’s report of a girl robbing an ambulance of its patient. Is that you?

 

From: The Boss

Hand over the girl, Soo. The client wants her now.

 

That’s only just a few of it. Most of them have similar content. Sighing, she tosses her phone aside and starts to fix up some breakfast for the two of them.

 

“Will you be okay if I cut away your hair?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“EHHH?! Why…?” Yoona grabs her own hair. Why would the tall girl want to cut away her hair for no reason? Seeing that reaction, Sooyoung nodded and said nothing else. She served sunny-side eggs to the doe-eye girl, with a glass of milk.

 

“Breakfast. Stay here and no matter who come to knock on the door, never open it. Don’t even make a sound.” Sooyoung instructed as she puts on a jacket and went out after taking her wallet with her. She makes sure that all the windows are shut and locked, and the front door is locked as well. After which, she walks away.

 

Yoona ate her breakfast quietly and she even washed the utensils and plate. After resting for a day and eating some medicine, she felt much better now. Sipping on the milk, she looks around the single-room apartment. The tall girl doesn’t look like she’s too poor to be living in a better-conditioned room though. She also noticed the safe at the corner, covered with pieces of cloth and pieces of paper.

 

“Mm…?” She stood in front of the noticeboard. Various pieces of paper are pinned on it. All of them have an address on it. And she couldn’t help but noticed that the one on the top has her address on it. “… Get whatever is in the room?”

 

Get whatever is in her room? What does her room have? A closet and some blankets for her to sleep on. Her closet has nothing but her clothes only. Why would people want to get anything from her room? No, actually, why would Sooyoung want to get anything from her room? She went on to look at the other papers. Most of them actually have detailed instructions on what the tall girl is going to get from each of the those addresses. Except that the things that she need to get isn’t written on it.

 

“She needed to get so many things…?” Yoona raised an eyebrow as she reads the words on the paper.

 

“I’m back…” Just then, Sooyoung came back with a lot of bags in her hands. She drops it almost instantly when she saw the girl looking at the noticeboard. Shutting the door quickly, she went over and literally removed the whole noticeboard from the wall and dumped it aside.

 

“… I… I’m sorry… I… It’s just there…” Yoona flinched when Sooyoung turns around and stares at her. Her expression doesn’t look good.

 

“… It’s okay.” Sooyoung looks away. “It’s for my job so don’t mind it.”

 

“… May I ask… why is my address… on it…?” Yoona asked, being extra careful.

 

“… You saw wrongly.” Sooyoung brushed it off lightly as she walks back to the door and picks up all the bags. “I got clothes for you. And this.” Sooyoung took out a binding cap and a short hair wig. “You might need these when we go out in future. You won’t want people recognize you.”

 

“Oh…” Yoona took the binding cap and wig from the tall girl and tried it on. “… How is it…?”

 

“Handsome. Good.” Sooyoung only took a quick glance and it upsets Yoona. But the doe-eye girl said nothing about it. Sooyoung continues to unpack the stuffs from the bags and dumps it into the closet. She also did some grocery shopping and she stuffed the fridge full.

 

“What do you work as…?” Yoona asked.

 

“Something.” Why is Sooyoung being so cold to her? It’s like sometimes she’s nice and warm and sometimes she’s unfriendly and cold. Yoona couldn’t understand her. Biting her lips, Yoona stops asking. She just wanted to know more about the girl, now that she’s living with her for the time being, but the girl is treating her like this. “… I don’t like it when people get too personal with me. Sorry if I offended you.”

 

“… But I want to get to know you better…” Yoona pouted.

 

“… You don’t need to. I’m a nobody.”

 

“How are you a nobody? You saved me… You’re a great person…”

 

“I’m not. Trust me on that.” And that’s the end of their conversation. That night, Sooyoung wraps her arms around Yoona’s waist and pulls the girl close. She rested her chin on the girl’s shoulder and closed her eyes. Yoona remains extremely still. Why is the girl hugging her? Yoona glances to her side and looks back quickly when she noticed that the girl’s face is close to hers and the girl is actually looking at her.

 

“… E… Erm…” Yoona swallowed, peeking at the girl from the corner of her eyes.

 

“Goodnight.” Sooyoung interrupted her and soon, there’s not movement from Sooyoung. Yoona sighed as she tries to make herself more comfortable. Shortly after the doe-eye girl falls asleep, Sooyoung removes herself from the blanket and gets up. Her phone had been ringing for the whole day already.

Sighing at the number of missed call, Sooyoung got out of the apartment to make a call.

"Yes, boss...?" She spoke immediately after the guy picks up the call.

"WHERE HAD YOU BEEN?! WHY DIDN'T YOU REPORT TO ME?!" The guy literally screamed into the phone. Sooyoung had to put the phone a distance away from her ear as he rants on, to prevent herself from becoming deaf.

"I'm not going to let the girl end up with that creep, boss. This is not right. I steal objects but not humans. And I will not allow humans to be stolen. She's a human. She has the right to live her own life. Who knows what that creep with do to her if she ends up with him? He's so crazy about her that I just couldn't even bear to think about the possible consequences." Sooyoung stated calmly.

"Soo, we are here to get whatever the clients want for them. Not protect someone from another person. We are thieves, Soo. Not guards."

"Not like I accepted his money. I will not accept the job and I will not allow anyone to get her. That's all. Bye." With that Sooyoung hangs up on the call. She heads back into her apartment and she stood still, staring at the sleeping girl. She doesn't understand. Why is she working so hard and going through so much trouble for this one girl that she hardly knew?

She sits down beside the girl and stares at the sleeping face of the girl. So peaceful. So innocent. So beautiful. This must be the most beautiful sleeping face that she can ever find. Without realizing it, she places her hand on the girl's cheek and caresses it gently. Her skin is flawless and smooth.

Okay. What in the world is she doing right now? Caressing the cheek of another girl while the girl is sleeping? Sooyoung slapped herself mentally as she removes her hand quickly.

"... Mm...?" Right at that moment, the doe-eye girl woke up with a smile. Sooyoung stares blankly at that sleepy looking girl's face for a moment and her heart thumped. Grabbing her own chest in attempt to ease her heart's excitement, Sooyoung got up and walked away quickly. What is this feeling? The doe-eye girl blinked, feeling confused about the tall girl's actions but she didn't question. "... What's your name...? I just remember that I forget to ask for your name..."

"... Sooyoung." The tall girl replied, not looking at Yoona as she speaks. "Sorry for waking you up..."

"... Oh... It's not your fault. I thought I felt something warm on my cheek so I woke up... I'm Yoona by the way." Yoona smiled even though the girl won't be able to see it.

... It's really because of me... Sooyoung sighed.

"Is something bothering you...?" Yoona asked, sitting up and staring at the back of the tall girl who is looking out of the window.

"No... Nothing. Go back to sleep." Sooyoung turns around and walks to Yoona's side, lying down beside the girl. Yoona continues to stare for a moment, still confused but she shrugged it off and lies down again, falling asleep soon after. Sooyoung seems to be able to sense if the girl is asleep when her back is facing the girl. Right after Yoona fell asleep once again, Sooyoung turns around and supports her weight with her right hand, elbow and forearm rested directly under her body, as she peeks at the face of the girl.

 

Is this why that creep is so attracted and crazy about her? Why is it that she looks so attractive no matter what she is doing? It’s only the second day she’s spending with this girl but she’s starting to feel something different. She doesn’t know what kind of feeling is this, with her heart pumping so fast.

 

Beep.

 

That’s her phone again.

 

From: The Boss

Soo, please. Hand over the girl. The client is making a fuss right now. I can’t deal with him.

 

Tch.

 

To: The Boss

No means no. I will never hand her over to that creep. Ask him to give up and find someone that loves him back. Forcing himself on her will mean nothing good.

 

From: The Boss

So you’re the one that is holding my honey in captive? Hand her over now or else!

 

“… That creep is with Boss at this hour…?” Sooyoung frowns. Right at that moment, her phone rang. She almost cursed out loud as she went into the bathroom quickly and picked up the call.

 

“WHOEVER YOU ARE, HAND OVER MY HONEY NOW!” It’s the voice of that creep.

 

“I’m not working for you, Choi Jonghyun. Why are you forcing yourself on her? She doesn’t like you.” Sooyoung hissed into the phone.

 

“I don’t care. I want her. Bring her over right now.”

 

“Never. Don’t even dream about it.”

 

“Just who in the world are you? Your voice sound familiar.”

 

“I’m a nobody that steals objects, not humans. None I will allow humans to be stolen. Yoona has the rights to choose who she wants to be with. You are not someone to be deciding that and forcing her to obey. And clearly she doesn’t want to be with you. Plus, who knows what you might do to her when you get her.”

 

“I will love her dearly.”

 

“So what if you love her? She doesn’t love you. There’s no happiness to forced love.”

 

“… I don’t care. I want her! Hand her over!”

 

“Like I had said, there’s no way I will hand her over to you. Not even in your dreams, you creep.” With that, Sooyoung hangs up on the call and pulls out the battery of her phone. That will stop the annoying calls and messages for a while. She sighed and opens the bathroom door, shocked to see the doe-eye girl standing outside. “… Y… Yoona ssi… You need to use the bathroom…?”

 

“… No… It’s just that… I heard someone talking…” Yoona seems to have heard something.

 

“… I’m heading back to bed.” Sooyoung wanted to avoid a conversation about anything that Yoona might have heard.

 

“Are you a thief…?”

 

Sooyoung stops instantly.

 

“And you are supposed to… give me to Choi Jonghyun…?” Yoona sounds so sad and disappointed.

 

“No… I mean, yes. But I will never do that. Even if my reputation is tarnished forever, I will never let him get you. Not through this kind of method.” Sooyoung didn’t turn around to face the girl. Somehow, having her occupation exposed makes her feels too embarrassed to face the girl.

 

“... You accepted the job…?”

 

“I didn’t know I was supposed to steal a human at first. The instruction is so vague. But I rejected it after knowing it. The reason why you are not in the hospital but my house is because he got another group to try and get you. I had to… steal you from the hospital… to prevent those guys from getting you…”

 

Immediately after Sooyoung said that, she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her waist and her back feels warm. It’s so warm and nice that she secretly wish that the girl would never let go. She never felt so good before. She didn’t expect the girl to hug her though. She thought the girl would be afraid of her or dislike her because of her occupation. No one likes thieves.

 

“Thank you…”

 

“… Why? I did nothing.”

 

“Huh? What do you mean you did nothing? You saved me… And it’s not the first time. You even argued with that guy because of me…” Yoona let got of the tall girl, much to the girl’s disappointment. She’s hoping that the doe-eye girl would hug her for a longer period of time.

 

“… I’m still worried. He’s going to try all kind of methods to get you…” Sooyoung sighed, finally turning around to face Yoona.

 

“May I ask… why are you doing so much for me, Sooyoung ssi…? I mean, I’m thankful and happy but, I’m not related to you…” Yoona asked.

 

“… I just couldn’t stand that guy. I’m sleepy… Let’s just sleep.” Sooyoung turns away. She’s blushing and she doesn’t want the girl to see it. Sooyoung slides under the blanket and turns to look at Yoona, who is still standing there. “Not sleeping?”

 

“O… Of course I’m sleeping…” Yoona hurried over and lies down beside Sooyoung. Right after she got under the blanket, Sooyoung hugs her instantly. “E… Ehh?”

 

“It’s cold. Sleep.” Sooyoung grins to herself. Yoona smiles as she wraps her arms around the tall girl. Cold? It’s such a blatant lie. It’s like one of the warmest day today. How can it be cold? Yoona didn’t know why but she didn’t mind having to hide forever, as long as she’s with this girl who is trying to hard to protect her. Never once in her life, someone did so much for her. Only a lot of people, who tried various stupid methods to get her, like Choi Jonghyun. Within such a short time, the tall girl turns from a passerby who offered her hands to her knight in shining armor.

 

Please let this moment last forever.

 

That’s what the both of them thought, without knowing why they are wishing for that.

-----

Okay. So they got tracked through that phone call? Sooyoung was just heading to the mart nearby when she sees a familiar car. Her boss’s car. Cursing under her breath, she heads back to her apartment while trying to avoid getting seen. The moment she gets into the apartment, she opens up her safe and dumped every thing inside into a bag.

 

“W… What’s wrong?” Yoona asked, not surprised by the amount of money Sooyoung have. This money can’t be said to be stolen, because she didn’t stole them. She got them as rewards for stealing objects for people. Sooyoung explained to her already.

 

Sooyoung didn’t answer her.

 

“Wear the wig. Quickly.” Sooyoung tossed the binding cap and wig to Yoona. The two of them stuffed their hair under the binding cap and put on the wig quickly, before donning on a more boyish kind of jacket and pants, and out of the apartment they go.

 

 They tried to remain calm and not suspicious as a group of men ran past them. Sooyoung’s boss and Choi Jonghyun are right after those men and none of them took note of the two guys who are walking down the stairs. Sooyoung got Yoona to speed up immediately after they are out of the sight of those guys. They got on Sooyoung’s van quickly and Sooyoung darkens the window, before speeding off.

 

“Those guys must have tracked us through that phone call…” Sooyoung sighed, pulling off the wig and binding cap.

 

“… All because of me, you have to…” Yoona sighed. She feels bad for getting Sooyoung into so much trouble.

 

“Don’t say anything, Yoona. It’s that creep’s sick hobby that caused all these to happen.” Sooyoung cuts her off instantly. Yoona? Did she just drop the formality with her without even asking? It’s not that Yoona minded that but it came as a surprise. Yoona took off her wig and binding cap too.

 

They stopped on the road, a few neighborhoods away from where Sooyoung’s house is. It’s quite a long and tiring ride but Sooyoung wanted to be sure that they are not near those guys who are looking for them. Her phone beeped and she decided to just throw it out of the window, before driving off to the next neighborhood, just to be safe.

 

“Let’s re-“ Sooyoung stops her van by the roadside of a near-empty street again and looks over to Yoona’s side, to see that the girl is sleeping. Smiling to herself, Sooyoung takes off her jacket and uses it to cover Yoona. She also pulls the girl’s seat down slowly so that the girl can sleep more comfortably.

 

So cute.

 

That’s what first came into Sooyoung’s mind when she stares at Yoona’s sleeping face. She couldn’t help but to stare. She doesn’t mind staring for hours, to be very honest.

 

Lips.

 

Somehow, Sooyoung’s attention went on to the girl’s lips. It looks delicious. It looks so tempting. It makes Sooyoung feels like tasting it. And without realizing it, she’s actually moving closer with her tongue sticking out. The tip of her tongue touches the lower lip of the girl and she moves away quickly, blushing madly.

 

What is she doing? Did she just tried to kiss the girl?

 

Sooyoung shook her head violently. She can’t do this. She keeps on telling herself that and she tries to distract herself from the girl. But the girl is way too distracting that none of the distractions help. Sooyoung finds herself staring at the girl once again. Not only that. She’s staring at the lips and moving closer again.

 

Gently, she the lower lip of the girl.

 

So sweet.

 

Even though it’s just like any other lips without lipsticks or lip-gloss, to Sooyoung, that’s probably the sweetest lips ever. She wants more.

 

Sooyoung moves even closer this time, and she kisses the lower lip of the girl and soon without her realizing it again, she’s actually gently on the girl’s lower lip. And that definitely woke the girl up. Yoona opens her eyes and looks down, shocked by the fact that Sooyoung is on top of her, and on her lower lip.

 

She opens , wanting to speak, but Sooyoung’s tongue went in instead of words coming out. Sooyoung didn’t know why she did that. When she sees the girl’s mouth opening, she just automatically went on to kiss the girl directly instead of just on the girl’s lower lip.

 

Yoona didn’t resist. She couldn’t and she doesn’t want to. Her body, her mind, her heart. None of them want this to stop. She starts to understand her feelings towards her knight in shining armor. Those caring and kind gestures attracted her deeply. So deep that she has fallen for it. Yoona sits up slowly and they continue to share the kiss, gently yet passionately.

 

Finally, when the both of them are out of breath, they stop. And it’s then Sooyoung realizes something.

 

“W… W… WAIT! W… W… When did you wake up…?!” Sooyoung almost knocked against the walls of her van as she moves away in shock.

 

“Jeez. You’re so focused that you didn’t even realize…?” Yoona giggled. Smiling bashfully at her own stupidity, Sooyoung hugs the girl.

 

“You didn’t stop me…” Sooyoung sighed.

 

“… I didn’t want you to stop, why would I stop you?” Yoona chuckles. “What are you going to do about my stolen heart?”

 

“I’m a skilled thief after all. I can steal anything, except for humans.” Sooyoung grins widely as she moves away to stare at Yoona.

 

“I shall be the police then. I officially arrest Sooyoung, the thief, and lock her up in my prison.” Yoona pats her own chest, where her heart is. “It’s a life sentence.”

 

“And I will keep the stolen heart, in this safe.” Sooyoung points to her heart. “And lock it up so that no one will be able to steal it from me.”

 

“Look at us, being all mushy suddenly.” Yoona started laughing and Sooyoung only stares at her with a smile. She feels great. Even though they hardly know each other, Sooyoung is sure that they can stay together. She will not let anyone get the girl, as she had always said. Who cares if they hardly know each other? They have plenty of time to get to know each other anyway.

 

However, the sweet time is short.

 

“I will go buy some food for us.” Sooyoung got down from the van and went off. Immediately after she gets into the nearby convenience store, a car pulls up beside the van.

 

“… Soo’s van…” The driver murmured. They searched the apartment to find that there’s no one there and also, Sooyoung’s van isn’t around anymore. Being a persistent guy he is, Choi Jonghyun got them to travel around. After failing to find them in the neighborhood, they start their search in the next few neighborhoods and eventually came to this.

 

“That’s the van of that person right?” Choi Jonghyun asked excitedly.  The guy didn’t reply. He didn’t want to help but he has no choice. The guy is annoying him to the fullest extent and he just couldn’t take it anymore. Jonghyun smirks and got down from the car, heading towards the van.

 

He opens the door for the driver seat, surprising the doe-eye girl.

 

“THERE YOU ARE, HONEY!” He beamed when he saw his target.

 

“W… W… Wha… How did…” Yoona didn’t want to waste time asking question now. She gets down from the van quickly and makes a dash to the convenience store but before she can reach it, Jonghyun caught her.

 

“Go nowhere, honey. Come on.” Jonghyun grins as he drags the girl back to the car.

 

“LET ME GO!! SOOYOUNG!!!” Yoona screamed as she struggles to get free. Sooyoung heard her name being called and rushed out from the store quickly, to see her beloved girl getting forced onto a car and soon, the car is off. Cursing, Sooyoung gets on her van quickly and followed the car.

…..

“Soo, stop it!” The guy tried to stop the girl from going further.

 

“GET LOST!” Sooyoung swings a punch into his face. “I’m not working for you anymore. I’m quitting!” She shouted before trying to make her way towards the mansion but the guy on the floor caught her ankle, causing her to fall down. “YAH!”

 

“Stop it, Soo. I don’t care if you quit or not. You’re not a guard. You have no rights to interfere with someone else’s matter. Why do you care what happens to that girl? You’re not even related to her. Stop it before you get into more trouble, Soo.”

 

“Yes, I’m not a freaking stupid guard. BUT I’M HER PARTNER! I have the right to make sure she is alright, because she is mine!” Sooyoung screamed into his face. He stares at her in shock. Partner? As in, partner in relationship? Things progressed that fast? Sooyoung took the chance that he’s not moving to kick him away and ran towards the mansion.

 

She fought off the guards with difficulty. Fighting isn’t her forte anyway. It’s never her forte. Just then, someone came and pinned down the guards for her. It’s her boss. Or ex-boss.

 

“I’m sorry, Soo. I didn’t know that… you and the girl… Just get in and get her out quickly.” The guy knocked out one of the guards easily and pinned down another. Sooyoung nodded and dashed into the mansion quickly, to save her girl.

-----

“Get away from me!” The doe-eye girl pushed the guy away but he got back instantly, right on her.

 

“Come on, honey. It’s our honeymoon.” The guy grins widely at her. She looks so insanely beautiful even when she’s frowning and struggling.

 

“W… what? GO AWAY!” The word honeymoon doesn’t sound good to her. She kicks the guy in his groin area and pushed him away. She tried to get out of the room but he caught her, despite of the pain in between his legs.

 

“Honey… I love you…  Why are you running away?”

 

“Because I hate you! You are always harassing me. You are always embarrassing me. I had enough of you, Choi Jonghyun. Why do you keep trying to force yourself on me? Don’t you know forced love won’t have good future?”

 

“Why…? Why can’t you love me?” Jonghyun seems to have calm down now.

 

“Because I don’t have a heart.” Yoona frowns.

 

“Huh?” Jonghyun couldn’t understand.

 

“During the short time when I’m hiding, my heart is stolen.”

 

“What? I will get it back for you, Yoona. Who’s the thief that stole it?”

 

“No, Jonghyun. There’s no use. The thief kept it in a very safe place. No one will be able to take it out. And I believe that the thief, is coming for me soon.” Yoona smiles at the thought of the thief. Jonghyun froze. It’s his first time seeing Yoona smiles. It’s even more beautiful than her poker face and angry look. “Sooyoung, steal me back, please…” Yoona murmured and right at that moment, the door burst open.

 

“YOONA!” It’s Sooyoung. The tall girl pulls the doe-eye girl away from the guy quickly, and embraces her tightly. “Yoona… are you okay…?”

 

“Yes…” Yoona snuggles close.

 

Jonghyun stares blankly, and jerked when Sooyoung turns to glare at him suddenly.

 

“Choi Jonghyun…” Sooyoung starts to crack her knuckles as she advances towards Jonghyun. Soon, the three of them are running around the whole mansion, with Sooyoung trying to kill Jonghyun and Yoona trying to stop Sooyoung. After nearly thirty minutes of non-stop chase, the three of them collapsed in the living room, dead tired. “Come over here… C… Choi Jonghyun…” Sooyoung pants, not giving up.

 

Yoona hugs her quickly and pulls her back, and Sooyong’s expression softens instantly.

 

“Come on… Y… You had been chasing me for… for thirty minutes, miss…” Jonghyun pants. “I… I’m sorry okay? I… I’m just so… crazy about her. I couldn’t help it… I wanted her badly but she refuses to even look at me… But when I see her smile just now, when she’s talking about you… I realize that I’m actually… making her sad…” Jonghyun sighed. “I’m so sorry…”

 

“… At least you realize your mistake.” Sooyoung gets up and pulls Yoona up with her. “I don’t want to see you again. I swear I will hit you at least once every time I see you, okay?” With that, Sooyoung leads Yoona out of the mansion to see the badly beaten up guards lying near the gate. “… You overdid it…”

 

“Sorry. But they are persistent.” The guy grins awkwardly. “I see that you accomplished your mission. Good job.”

 

“I’m still quitting, even though you helped me.” Sooyoung stated.

 

“Huh? Don’t worry. Not expecting you to stay, now that you have someone.” The guy grins. “Look for a proper job, Soo.” With that, the guy got on his car and drove off.

 

“That guy is may seem cool, but he’s an idiot.” Sooyoung said as she grins at Yoona. Yoona tried her best not to laugh when that guy almost banged into a lamppost right after Sooyoung said that. “Told you so. Hehe.”

 

“Araso. Let’s go, prisoner.” Yoona grins.

 

“Correction. It’s Prisoner of your Heart.”

 

“Okay. Okay. Let’s go, Prisoner of my heart.” Yoona chuckles and the two of them head towards the van, driving off right after they got on. Time to get to know each other better, and probably look for a job as well.

-----

“Table Nine, Prisoner.” The doe-eye girl informed.

 

“Araso, Heart Warden.” The tall girl replied as she heads over to Table Nine. Even though Sooyoung has a lot of money, the two of them had decided to look for a job together so that they are not too free. They still have a long way to go in their life and slacking for years wouldn’t do them good. No harm getting a job. They got a job at a nearby donut shop and they are often praised for them great teamwork in getting order and serving.

 

“What’s with their nicknames for each other though?” The co-workers of the two couldn’t stop wondering. And that’s the only problem they had with the two girls.

 

Prisoner of the heart and the Heart Warden to keep the Prisoner in place – that’s what their nicknames meant.