Mocha Frappe

Collections

Because I keep on drinking frappe these days =w=;
-----_____-----

 

The first time they passed by each other, brushing against each other’s shoulders, was when she first appeared to apply for a job at that café. That time, neither of them took notice of each other. One is rushing out to catch up to an appointment while the other is just strolling in and surveying the whole area.

 

“Excuse me…” The tall girl stood in front of the cashier who is busy dealing with crowd of customers. The café is pretty well known for their coffee, thus the number of customers coming in daily.

 

“Sorry, miss. Please line up.” The cashier didn’t even bother looking up from the counter and cups of coffee.

 

“No… Erm… I want to apply for a job here…” The girl added, looking around, trying to spot the manager or the boss of the café. She saw the staff office door and thought that the person she’s looking for is probably in that room.

 

“Huh? Oh. BOSS!” The staff shouted, still not looking up. The door opens up and a short girl appears from behind the door, and the tall girl approaches her immediately.

 

“Erm… Are you…”

 

“I’m the boss here. Are you looking for me?” The short girl asked.

 

“Ah yes… I want to apply for a job here…”

 

“Araso. Come in with me.” With that, the tall girl follows the short girl into the office for all the paper work and interview.

…..

The girl strolled into the café, holding an A4 sketchbook and a pencil case in one hand, and her phone and wallet in another. It’s still early and the café is quite empty, just as she likes it. Settling her stuff on the table at her favorite corner, she heads straight for the counter.

 

“My usual, please.” She ordered with a smile, not realizing that the one in charge of taking order isn’t the usual staff that she used to order from.

 

“Huh…?” The new staff froze. She’s new here, so she obviously won’t know what did each customer used to order. Her senior isn’t around, probably resting in the office and her boss is busy in the kitchen, fixing up some pastries for sale. “P… Pardon…?”

 

“Oh…? You’re new?” The girl finally noticed that. “My bad. Erm… One mocha frappe, please. Large.”

 

“O… Okay…” The staff nodded and turning around to prepare the drink.

 

“Please call me when you’re done, alright?” The girl added, before walking back to her seat and settles down. The moment she sits down, she opens up her sketchbook and picks up a pencil from her pencil case, and she starts to sketch.

 

“Sooyoung ssi, you’re okay with the job, right?” The short girl came out, with a tray of cake slices in her hands.

 

“Y… Yes…!” Sooyoung replied, her hands stopping instantly as she brings her attention to the short girl.

 

“Ahh. Pay attention to the drink. Don’t get distracted.” The short girl sighed, pushing the tray into the fridge counter. She saw the girl sitting at the corner of the café from the corner of her eyes and a smile appears on her face. “Ah. She’s here again. Everyday without fail.”

 

“Huh?” Sooyoung got distracted again.

 

“See that cute girl at the corner? The one with the sketchbook. She’s always here and most of the times, she would be sitting at that exact same corner for the whole day, sketching away. All the staffs here are on friendly terms with her.”

 

“Is she nice…?”

 

“Yes, of course. I wonder why isn’t she attached yet though.” The short girl shrugged. “And, Sooyoung ssi! You’re doing it wrong!”

 

“H… Huh? ACK! I… I’m sorry!” Sooyoung almost dropped the cup in her hand, but she got a grip on it again instantly, saving it from breaking. She stares at the messed up mocha in her hand for a moment before turning to her boss with a help-me look. The short girl could only sigh.

 

“As your punishment, send the drink to her instead of calling her over…” The short girl handed the tall girl the cup of mocha frappe and the girl nodded.

 

“Miss… Your drink…” Sooyoung placed the cup on the table carefully and the girl seems to be taking no notice of her at all. Sooyoung blinked twice and stares at the girl, watching as the girl sketches seriously on her sketchbook, lost in her own world. Looking around to check that there’s no customer around, Sooyoung moves behind the girl quietly to peek at the content.

 

It’s somewhat magical. The image is coming to life under the pencil of this girl, and the place depicted doesn’t seem like any place that could be found on this planet.

 

“Did you draw this out of your imagination?” Sooyoung asked, casually but received no response.

 

“Sooyoung ssi, she won’t reply when she’s sketching.” The short girl called out. Sooyoung turns to her boss for a moment and looks back, this time not at the sketchbook but at the girl.

 

She’s definitely stunning. Her eyes are sparkling beautifully under the soft sunlight and her slender fingers wraps gently around that pencil that brings life upon the drawn image. With the gentle lighting shining from outside, onto the girl, the girl looks rather angelic. It was as though she’s an angel descending on Earth.

 

The pencil finally stops and the beautiful artist lets out a sigh, putting down her pencil and picking up her drink to take a sip. But she stops instantly and stares blankly at the cup. When did this cup get here?

 

“Erm…” Sooyoung spoked. “I brought it over for you…”

 

“E… Eh?” The girl turns around, obviously shocked to see Sooyoung standing behind her. “W… Wait… When did you come over…?”

 

“Erm… Quite some time ago… When you’re working on that castle…” Sooyoung pointed to the lonely castle in the drawing with an awkward smile. The girl in front of her is attractive. She couldn’t deny it. Because she felt like she’s getting attracted by the girl. “Do you… draw this out from your imagination?”

 

“A… Ah… Yes…” The girl picks up her sketchbook and closes it quickly. She never shown the content to anyone outside of her work, and she never intend to do so. “I… I do background design and character design… S… So…”

 

“Ahh…” Sooyoung nodded. The girl looks kind of uneasy after she realizes that Sooyoung saw her drawing and Sooyoung felt bad all of the sudden, for looking without permission. “I… I’m Sooyoung… I just started working today…”

 

“Oh… I’m Yoona… Nice to meet you.” The girl stands up and offers her hand to Sooyoung with a smile. With some hesitation due to awkwardness, Sooyoung took the girl’s hand and shook it. The hand of the girl is so slender and smooth. Somehow, it just fits perfectly into Sooyoung’s hand.

 

“You… always drink mocha frappe…?” Sooyoung asked, looking at the cup of mocha frappe on the table.

 

“Yea. I don’t know why but somehow, drinking mocha frappe helps me relax and think. I get a lot of ideas whenever I come here.” Yoona replied with a smile that captivates thousands, including Sooyoung. “I like mocha frappe the most, out of all the coffee here.”

 

“Sooyoung ssi, time to come back.” The short girl sighed, and the tall girl ran back instantly, to continue with her work. Yoona lets out a chuckle and glances at the short girl, who merely shook her head with a faint smile before disappearing behind the office door. The café starts to get busy as time passes and Sooyoung hardly have the time to rest. She didn’t know that things would get this tiring on her first day, and since she doesn’t know a lot, it became quite a mess that the boss had to cover up for her over and over again.

 

“I… I’m really sorry…” Sooyoung apologized, when the peek hour finally ended and the café quiets down once again, with only some chattering here and there.

 

“It’s okay. It’s your first day after all and there’s a lot that you still need to learn. Just try to follow up quickly, okay?” The short girl pats the girl’s shoulder with a gentle smile. “Go and take a break.”

 

“O… Okay…”

 

“Do you want any drink?”

 

“Huh…? Uh…” Sooyoung hesitated for a moment and her attention shifted towards the doe-eye girl sitting at the corner without a reason. The short girl noticed that and walked away without waiting for an answer. “I… I… erm…”

 

“Here.” With skills and speed, the short girl fixed up a cup of mocha frappe and handed it to Sooyoung, before leaving the counter to Sooyoung’s co-worker and disappears into the office again. Sooyoung stares blankly at the cup of mocha frappe in her hand and looks at the office door, before turning to the doe-eye girl again. A faint smile appears on her face and she took a seat at a table near to the doe-eye girl, peeking at the girl from time to time.

 

She, herself, doesn’t know why she is so interested in that girl. There’s obviously no denying that the girl is attractive but Sooyoung never expect that she would be this attractive. On the other hand, Yoona just finished yet another background sketch and she picks up her drink to take another slip. From the corner of her eyes, she saw someone looking at her and turns around to see the tall girl turning away immediately.

 

Yoona stares blankly at the girl who refuses to meet her eyes, turning over slightly and turning back quickly when she realizes that Yoona is staring at her. It’s rather cute. Yoona could only sniffle a laugh when she sees the girl’s obvious yet awkward showcase of interest in her.

 

“Taeyeon unnie…” Yoona called out, when it’s close to closing time for the café. The short girl walks over upon getting called and sat down, waiting for Yoona to continue. She watches as the girl puts in the final for her last sketch of the day, and tear the page off the sketchbook, much to her surprise. “Here. Give this to your cute employee.”

 

“Jeez. I’m jealous, Yoong. You never give me any.” Taeyeon teased.

 

“Sorry, unnie but she’s too cute and funny. Obvious too. I will get going first then. See you tomorrow, unnie.” Yoona packs up her stuff and walks out of the café. Shortly after she left, Sooyoung came out from the staff office and looked around, feeling sort of disappointed when she realizes that the doe-eye girl isn’t around anymore.

 

“Here.” Taeyeon came over and shoved a paper into her hand, before entering the staff office. Sooyoung didn’t understand until she turns the paper around, to see a beautiful sketch of herself with a line of words written neatly below the drawing, right beside the signature.

 

Don’t be so obvious when you’re trying to peek at someone.

 

Seeing that, Sooyoung’s face turns red instantly. She didn’t know that the girl saw her looking at her constantly and it’s embarrassing. Really embarrassing. But to be able to get a drawing from that girl, she feels happy. So happy that she might just start jumping around in joy. But obviously, she won’t do that. She’s not crazy.

…..

“Why are you buying a frame? Are you going to frame up that drawing?” The tall girl almost dropped the frame she’s holding in her hands when the short girl sneaks up on her suddenly while she’s choosing a suitable frame.

 

“B… B… Boss…! W… Why are you here?” Sooyoung turns around quickly, putting the frame back just in case she drops it for real.

 

“My house is this way. So… You’re going to frame up that drawing?” Taeyeon grins, as she observes the girl turns red with embarrassment. “It’s your first time meeting her, you know. And you like her so much already?”

 

“I… I… I do… don’t like her…! I… It’s-“

 

“Don’t like who?” Just then, a familiar voice interrupted her sentence and she turns to her right, to see the doe-eye girl standing there and staring at the both of them with a blank look.

 

“Oh Yoong, she says that she doesn’t like y-“ Taeyeon smirks and decided to new employee a little.

 

“W… WAIT! I… I didn’t say anything! I… I didn’t mean it that way!” Sooyoung covers the mouth of the shorter girl quickly.

 

“What’s going on…?” Yoona raised an eyebrow at the two girls.

 

“It… It’s nothing…” Sooyoung replied. “W… Where are you heading to…?”

 

“Convenience store… Don’t play around too much, unnie. You don’t want to drive your new employee away, do you?” Yoona shifts her attention to the shorter girl immediately after she answers the tall girl’s question. “See you.”

 

With that, Yoona walks away and Sooyoung watches as she disappears from her sight, forgetting about the girl that she’s holding entirely until she got a hit on her chin. She let go of the mouth of the girl immediately and the girl panted.

 

“Are you trying to kill your boss?” Taeyeon scolded.

 

“S… S… Sorry…!”

 

“Still dare to say that you don’t like her. Just look at how you act when she appears. I know she’s attractive but don’t say that I didn’t warn you first. She’s not that easy to get. Many had tried to woo her but all of them failed. So until you are sure that something may work out, don’t put in too much effort.” Taeyeon sighed, poking the temple of the taller girl. “See you tomorrow.”

 

“S… See you tomorrow, boss!” Sooyoung bowed quickly.

 

“You can call me Taeyeon.” Taeyeon waved and walks away, leaving Sooyoung alone. The tall girl sighed, and turns back to the shop to see the shopkeeper staring at her with a rather annoyed look.

 

“Are you going to buy something or just here to disrupt my business, miss?” The shopkeeper asked, crossing his arms.

 

“S… Sorry…! E… Erm… I… I want this frame…”

…..

When the tall girl steps into the café, it’s already crowded with people. The short girl sent her a message last night after going separate ways, telling her that she only needs to come in in the afternoon since there’s an extra helper in the morning. She looks around as she walks through, but she couldn’t see a certain person around.

 

“I’m here.” Sooyoung greeted the short girl and headed straight for the staff office to get changed into the uniform. She walks pass the resting area without giving much attention at first and went to the locker room to keep her stuffs and get her uniform out from her locker. It’s only when she’s preparing to head back outside then she notices the extra presence in the resting area. “… Y… Yoona ssi…?”

 

The doe-eye girl is lying on the sofa in the resting area, her stuffs resting on the coffee table nearby. Something about the girl’s expression tells Sooyoung that she’s not feeling well.

 

“She says that she’s feeling kind of dizzy so I asked her to come in here to take a nap.” Taeyeon came in to keep the account book and went out again, leaving Sooyoung to be alone in the room with the doe-eye girl. Checking the time, Sooyoung makes sure that it isn’t her shift yet and approaches the sleeping girl. She touches the forehead of the girl gently. It’s kind of hot. The glass of water and medicine on the counter at the corner shows that she just ate some flu medicine.

 

Sooyoung stares at the girl for a while before going back to the locker room. She pulls out her own towel from her bag and wet it, before going back to Yoona and uses it to dap on the face of the girl carefully.

 

“Do you want to take care of her for me?” Without a sound, a short girl appears in the resting area. She seems to be around the same height as Taeyeon, maybe a little shorter. “I can take your shift for you but you have to take good care of her for me.”

 

“H… Huh?” Sooyoung didn’t know how to respond to that.

 

“Deal then. Take really good care of her, okay? I will tell Taengoo for you.” With that, the girl went out even before Sooyoung can say anything else. Sooyoung sighed, and looked back at the girl lying on the sofa. She got up to wet the towel again, and folds it, to put it on the girl’s forehead.

 

“Get well soon, Yoona ssi…” Sooyoung sits down in front of the sofa, and leans on it slightly but being careful not to disturb the girl. She spots the sketchbook lying on the coffee table and picks it up. She wants to look at the content but it seems like the doe-eye girl doesn’t like it if someone looks at her drawings, judging from her actions yesterday. “Just a bit won’t matter right…?”

 

Her curiosity got better of her and she opens up the sketchbook to a lot of beautiful drawings, both figures and backgrounds. She spends lot of time staring at each page, absorbing its beauty and understanding the concept behind each of them. However, when she’s halfway through the book, a hand appears and snatches the book away from her, surprising her. A cough followed.

 

“I… I don’t remember saying that you can look at it…” Oh crap. Yoona woke up. Sooyoung got up quickly to see Yoona closing the book and tucking it behind her, coughing a few more times as she tries to get up. Sooyoung tries to help her but she slaps her hand away. “Go away…” She’s really upset.

 

“I… I’m really sorry… I… My curiosity got better of me… I… I really like your drawing when I saw it yesterday and… and…” Sooyoung tries to apologize.

 

“That’s not an excuse to invade my privacy. What if I got something important inside?” Yoona glared at the girl slightly, coughing again. Sooyoung got her a glass of water quickly, but she didn’t take it. Instead, she gathers her stuffs and got off the sofa, heading for the door weakly.

 

“Y… Yoona ssi…” Sooyoung reaches out for the girl, but the girl disappears from her line of vision suddenly.

 

THUD.

 

“Y… Y… YOONA SSI!” The girl had fainted. Sooyoung carries the girl up quickly and rushed out from the room, and before Taeyeon or her helper could even react, she’s already out of the café and on the way to the nearest hospital.

…..

“Her fever is pretty bad but it’s better now. Make sure that she gets plenty of rest and drink plenty of water. She will probably wake up soon.” The doctor informed and the tall girl nodded. After the doctor left, Sooyoung pulls a chair over and sat down beside the bed of the doe-eye girl. It didn’t feel that hot earlier but the girl’s fever just got worse all of the sudden. Is it because she got upset and her body temperature raised?

 

VRRRRR…. Her phone vibrated.

 

“H… Hello?” Sooyoung whispered into the phone, not wanting to be a nuisance to the patients here.

 

“Sooyoung ssi? What happened? Is Yoong okay?” It’s Taeyeon.

 

“A… Ahh… Yes… Her fever got worse suddenly so she fainted… But the doctor says that it’s better now, so don’t worry about it…”

 

“I will leave her in your care, alright?” This time, it sounds like the girl from earlier. “I’m Sunny by the way. I’m Yoona’s unnie, even though we are not related by blood.”

 

“A… Ah... I… I’m Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung.” Sooyoung stood up subconsciously and bowed even though the girl isn’t in front of her but on the phone.

 

“Yea I heard about you from Yoong and Taengoo. You’re the one that keep on peeking at my dongsaeng, aren’t you?”

 

“EHHH?!” Sooyoung exclaimed loudly and froze when she noticed the glare from the doctors and nurses. She bowed frantically as her apology and sat down quickly, not forgetting to speak softly. “I… I didn’t peek at her… I… I only look at her a number of times… I… It’s not peeking…!”

 

“You’re interested in my dongsaeng? You have to get past me first though.

 

“Y… You had misunderstood… I… I didn’t like her in that way… I… I had to admit tha-“

 

Eh? But my dongsaeng says that she likes you a lot.”

 

“W… Wha- R… Really?” Sooyoung couldn’t help but to sound excited and happy when she hears that. She doesn’t realize it herself. It’s as though it’s her heart and body acting on their own without her mind knowing.

 

“I’m just kidding! Hahaha~! You sound so happy and excited to hear that, Sooyoung ssi. My, my~ My dongsaeng is cute, isn’t she?” The teases continue and Sooyoung tries hard to defend herself, until something hits her on the back of her head, causing her to drop her phone.

 

“Quiet down, pabo. Aren’t we in the hospital?” Yoona woke up to the noises ringing beside her ears and the first thing she sees is the tall girl being all-frantic over a phone call. She got off the bed and picked up the phone before Sooyoung can. “Unnie, stop teasing her. She’s being noisy in the hospital…”

 

“Are you okay, dongsaeng? I got a shock when I see Sooyoung ssi carrying you out of the office suddenly.”

 

“Yea… I feel fine enough to go home now. I will head back to the ca-“ Yoona’s sentence got interrupted as Sooyoung snatches the phone away and pushes her down on the bed.

 

“Sunny ssi, don’t listen to her nonsense. Her fever is still pretty high at the moment so the doctor says that she would need to rest here.” Sooyoung managed to pin Yoona down with just one arm and she tells the older girl about the doe-eye girl’s condition through the phone. With a few ‘yes’ and ‘okay’, she hangs up on the call and turns to the doe-eye girl.

 

“I… I’m not going to stay here…! I want to go back!” Yoona tries to get up again but Sooyoung pushes her back down and pulls the blanket over her.

 

“No. You’re resting here until your fever is gone.” For some reason, Sooyoung seems more aggressive and fierce right now that Yoona didn’t dare to oppose anymore. She slides under the blanket obediently and stares at the tall girl. “Good girl.” Sooyoung smiles, patting the girl.

 

“… I… I’m not listening to you because you are fierce, okay? I… I just want to get better soon and get out of here…” Yoona looks away, her cheeks tinted with redness.

 

“Whatever is your reason, make sure you have a good rest here.” Sooyoung grins, and sits down again, beside the bed. Yoona sighed mentally, half wondering why didn’t she go against the tall girl.

…..

The doe-eye girl woke up in the middle of the night, and saw the tall girl sleeping with her body bends over to rest her head on the edge of the bed. It seems like a rather uncomfortable position for someone with long body like this girl. She also noted that her stuffs are on the small table beside her bed, probably brought here by her unnie while she’s sleeping.

 

Quietly, she turns on the lamp and picks up her sketchbook to sketch something. Being someone who has been sketching everyday, not doing it for a day makes her feels as though something is missing for that day. The light is enough for her to see what she’s sketching, and without herself realizing, the figure she sketches looks rather familiar to her.

 

“… Why am I drawing her again…?” She sighed, glancing over to the sleeping tall girl. She placed her sketchbook beside her pillow after finishing up the quick and simple sketch, and taps on the shoulder of the tall girl gently.

 

“Uhhh…?” Sooyoung looks up sleepily.

 

“Come up and lie here… It’s uncomfortable to sleep like that, isn’t it? Why didn’t you go home anyway…?” Yoona moves more towards the edge and pats on the space beside her.

 

“I promise your unnie to take care of you…” Sooyoung replied, with a yawn, not moving her at all despite the fact that Yoona just asked her to get on the bed. Seeing that, Yoona frowns and grabs the girl’s arm, pulling her up forcefully. “Hey…! This is not your house nor my house…”

 

“Who cares. We are not going to be here in the morning anyway….” Yoona lies down, hugging Sooyoung’s arm slightly to prevent her from getting off. Sooyoung blushes instantly when her arm comes in contact with Yoona’s body. It’s awkward and embarrassing for her, not that she minds though. Without any choice to choose from, she lies down beside the girl, surprised by how close their faces are together. She expected it to be close but not this close. She could feel the breath of the girl blowing on her face.

 

The girl is definitely gorgeous. Sooyoung couldn’t stop staring.

 

“… Stop staring. It’s embarrassing and I don’t want to see holes in my face in the morning.” Yoona spoke suddenly, her cheeks slightly tinted with redness. She only opens one of her eyes, after getting the feeling that she’s being stared at.

 

“I… I… I’m sorry…” Sooyoung looks away quickly, blushing. She could feel her body temperature rising and it got worse when Yoona snuggles closer, probably to get some warmth since she is feeling cold due to the fever. Sooyoung tries to position herself properly and with one arm restricted by Yoona, she couldn’t move much.

 

“… P… ert. Turn your hand the other way…” Yoona spoke again, and it’s then Sooyoung realizes that she’s touching a sensitive area while moving around.

 

“I… I’m… I’m really sorry… I didn’t mean to…”

 

“Just sleep. And don’t touch me in your sleep.”

 

“I… I won’t…!” Yoona didn’t respond after that. Sooyoung could feel that the breathing of the girl is slowing down, as she drifts into her dreamland gradually. Sooyoung smiles to herself, finally deciding on a suitable position and joining Yoona in the land of dreams.

…..

“Tsk tsk~”

 

The tall girl opens her eyes slowly after hearing some noises and the moment her vision became clear, she sees two short figures standing by the bed and smirking at her.

 

“I hope the two of you didn’t do anything weird in the hospital last night, Sooyoung ssi.” The slightly taller one teased and Sooyoung blushed instantly. Apparently, the two short girls came to take a look at the condition of the doe-eye girl in the morning and the first thing they see upon arriving, is the doe-eye girl sleeping in the embrace of the tall girl on the hospital bed.

 

“Does it feel nice to hug my dongsaeng? I can’t really hug her in my sleep like you do, since our heights don’t match well so I’m kind of curious.” The shorter one grins at the tall girl mischievously.

 

“… I… I… It’s b… because Yoona ssi asked me to… sleep beside her…” Sooyoung tries to get up but to find her left arm still locked in Yoona’s embrace.

 

“Arm bolster huh?” Both of the short girls start to exchange glances, obviously trying to tease Sooyoung to the end. Sunny picks up the sketchbook and flips through it, much to Sooyoung’s surprised. She tries to stop her but Sunny moves away before she can grab the sketchbook. “I’m her unnie, Sooyoung ssi. I see her drawings all the time. And she got a lot of your drawings lying around on her desk...”

 

“R… Really?” Once again, Sooyoung’s tone became higher and she sounded pretty excited that the two short girls couldn’t help but to want to continue teasing her. She’s displaying her interest so obviously yet she doesn’t realize it.

 

“I’m just kidding. She only met you two days ago. How is it possible?” Sunny laughed, when she saw Sooyoung’s face turning red in an instant after knowing that she got tricked again. “But I’m not kidding if I told you she drew you last night while you’re sleeping.” With that, Sunny turns the sketchbook around to show Sooyoung the latest drawing.

 

Indeed, it’s a very simple and rough sketch of Sooyoung sleeping. The position of the sleeping figure in the drawing suggests that Sooyoung is bending over to rest her head on the edge of something, which is what she actually did last night before Yoona woke her up to get her onto the bed.

 

“Unnie… argh…” Yoona seems to have woken up due to all the noises made by the three girls. “How many times do I have to tell you not to look at my sketchbook without my permission…? I don’t like it…”

 

“Jeez, I’m your unnie, Yoong. Why can’t I see your drawings?” Sunny frowns, closing the sketchbook and using it to tap on Yoona’s head. “Are you feeling better now?”

 

“Yes, of course. I want to go home now. Please.” Yoona sits up and let go of Sooyoung’s arm. At that moment, Sooyoung showed her disappointment on her face clearly, and the two shorter girls chuckled after seeing that. “What’s wrong with my sentence?” Yoona raised an eyebrow, not understanding the situation.

 

“No, not your sentence but her expression.” Taeyeon pointed to the blushing tall girl sitting beside Yoona, on the same bed. “She looks so disappointed when you let go of her arm just now.”

 

“I… I… I didn… didn’t…!” Sooyoung denied.

 

“There, there… It’s all over your face, Sooyoung ssi. Stop denying it.”

 

“Whatever it is, can you please help me with the procedure, unnie? Inform the doctor that I’m going home please.” Yoona sighed. The short girl nodded and walked off with her friend, to look for the doctor in charge. Yoona then turns to Sooyoung, to see that the girl is still blushing. “They love to tease people, and very often, they will choose easy target like you. Don’t bother about them too much.”

 

“… O… Okay…” Sooyoung nodded, biting her lips.

 

“But very often, they tease about something that is true though.” Yoona rubs her chin gently as she stares at Sooyoung with a rather odd expression. “Do you like me or something? It seems like they keep on teasing you about me somehow.”

 

“E… Ehhh?” Sooyoung got a shock after hearing that. “Er…. Erm… I… I… erm… I d… do l… like”

 

“Like you in the romantic way. Will you be my girlfriend?” Before Sooyoung can finish her sentence, another voice cuts in and completed the sentence for her.

 

“Unnie, stop it.” Yoona sighed. “Are you done?”

 

“Yea. Since you are only staying here to rest, all we need to do is inform the doctor that you’re going off and that’s it.” Sunny appears from behind Sooyoung, together with Taeyeon, with a big grin.

 

“Let’s go then.” Yoona got off the bed and tidies herself up, before grabbing her stuffs and walking out of the ward. The two short girls follow after her, leaving Sooyoung to continue sitting on the bed alone. Yoona sticks her head in shortly after and sighed. “Hey, you want to stay here?”

 

“H… Huh?” E… Eh? W… Wait for me…!” Sooyoung jumps off the bed quickly and hurried over to Yoona’s side. The four of them went to the café and without further ado, Sooyoung and Taeyeon get on with the work immediately while Yoona and Sunny sat down at a corner.

 

“Hey Sooyoung ssi, Yoona loves mocha frappe. I think you know that right?” Taeyeon grins, handing an empty cup to Sooyoung.

 

“… H… How to make a delicious mocha frappe…?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Oh? Not going to hide it anymore?”

 

“… I… I… I don’t know… My actions and words, do it really show that I’m really interested in Yoona ssi…?”

 

“Yes and it’s very, very, very obvious. And it seems like she’s quite interested in you as well, you know. She never drew portrait of anyone before, not even her sister, ever since she got her job. But after meeting you, she drew at least two of your portraits already. She even gave you one.”

 

“…. Really…?”

 

“Yea. Come on, let’s get cracking. You owe me a day of work.”

 

“EHHH?! B… But…”

 

“Just kidding, I know the deal you had with Sunny. Come on. I will teach you how to make a proper mocha frappe without messing up big time like you did.”

 

“O… Okay…!” Sooyoung nodded with a determined look on her face and the lesson started. At first, Sooyoung made a tons of mistake here and there, not getting it right and obviously the taste is off in every of her attempt. Even for her final cup, she still couldn’t get it right and she already drank gods-know-how-many cups of mocha frappe in the process.

 

“You’re taking your time huh?” Just then, Yoona appears behind her without a sound and grabbed that final cup of mocha frappe she just made and tasted. “Is this for me?”

 

“E… Eh…? I… It’s-“ Before Sooyoung can stop the girl from drinking it, the girl already took a sip. The girl’s poker face makes it hard for Sooyoung to understand her thinking process and she saw the girl glancing over to the overwhelming number of cups in the sink. Good thing it wasn’t a busy hour right now.

 

“Thank you for the mocha frappe.” Yoona grins and walks away, with that cup of mocha frappe in her hand. Sooyoung blinked twice. She’s sure that the taste is off but Yoona just took it away as though it’s alright.

 

“Told you she’s nice. Now, work harder to give her proper and delicious cup of mocha frappe. Don’t make her lie too much, okay?” Taeyeon grins, walking away. Sooyoung saw Sunny taking a sip of that cup of mocha frappe and almost spits it out immediately, but Yoona just drink it like it’s nothing. Seeing that, Sooyoung walks over quickly and tries to take it away.

 

“S… Stop drinking it… I know it’s awful…” Sooyoung sighed.

 

“Why would it be awful when it’s rich in hard work and sincerity?” Yoona removes Sooyoung’s hand from the cup slowly.

 

“And love.” Sunny added but to be glared at by Yoona. “Jeez, how can you glare your unnie like that?”

 

“Stop teasing her, unnie. She really works hard on this.” Yoona sighed, taking any sip of the mocha frappe. Sooyoung couldn’t hold it in anymore. She bends over and hugs the girl tightly, sobbing silently because she’s too happy. “H… Hey…”

 

“Awwwww~~” Sunny smirks. “Someone is happy huh?”

 

“I… I… I promise that I will get it right and serve you a proper and delicious cup of mocha frappe next time. Stop drinking this one already… I tasted it. I know it’s awful…” Sooyoung sobbed.

 

“Jeez. I already told you that it’s not awful. Get back to work already… Taeyeon unnie doesn’t like it when her workers slack too much, you know.”

 

“Yes, Sooyoung ssi. Stop flirting and come back here.” Taeyeon appears from the kitchen, sighing at the scene in front of her.

 

“I… I’m not flirting…!”

…..

“See you tomorrow.” The tall girl bowed as bids goodbye to the other three girls, who went back home first, leaving her alone to clean up in the café. It’s not like they are pushing all the work to her but she says that she will do it, not allowing anyone else to stay with her. Taeyeon didn’t have a choice but to give her the space key for the doors. After sending them off, she got out and locked all the doors, before heading for the nearest convenience store. Grabbing as much of the ingredients she needed, she made her purchase quickly and went back to the café, not forgetting to lock the door after getting in.

 

Sighing, she stares at all the ingredients she got. Even though it may not be as good as those that the store had, she got no choice since it’s not a good thing to waste the resources of the café for her own purpose. Without further ado, she starts her practice.

-----

The short girl yawned as she unlocks the door of the café and locks it again after entering. No one is supposed to enter until she finishes with the preparation stuffs. Much to her surprise, not only the tall girl cleaned up everything neatly, everything is prepared properly. There’s almost nothing that she need to do anymore. But there’s something strange about the cups. It seems like someone just washed them, with those droplets of water.

 

“Did she wash them again…?” The short girl scratches her temple slightly, heading for the staff office and before she opens the door, she noted all the rubbish in the rubbish bin nearby. “Jeez. She forgets to- huh?” Plastic bags, packaging for various stuffs and a receipt from the convenience store. Checking the items bought, she starts to look around to see if there are any of these things left around in the café. None is found.

 

Sighing, she opens the door to the staff office, not exactly shocked to see someone lying on the sofa in the resting area with a jacket over the head. And on the coffee table, stood a few cups of what it seems to be, mocha frappe. The drinks are obviously not cool anymore when Taeyeon finds them.

 

“Did she…” Taeyeon sighed again. “Jeez, still dare to deny that you’re not interested in Yoong… You’re hopelessly in love with her, dumb.” She pulls away the jacket, revealing the face of the sleeping tall girl. “Yoong really have a lot of charm huh…? Making someone fall for her in just one day…”

 

“Uh…? T… Taeyeon ssi…” The tall girl woke up and sits up slowly, yawning. She’s obviously tired.

 

“Are you an idiot?” Taeyeon flicked the forehead of the girl.

 

“OW! T… TA… TAEYEON SSI?!” The tall girl rubs her own forehead gently, not understanding the situation.

 

“Do these kind of thing only when you’re free, idiot. Do you think she will like it if she finds out that you actually throw away your sleep for her? You will only make her worry about you.” Taeyeon picks up a cup of the mocha frappe and shove it into Sooyoung’s hands angrily.

 

“I… I…”

 

“This one tastes the best. Even though it’s not cool anymore, I think she will still like it.” Taeyeon sighed. “And rest for the day. I don’t want a zombie working for me.”

 

“N… No… I’m fine…! I…” Sooyoung puts down the cup and tries to convince the girl that she’s fit for work but the girl places a hand right in front of her face, stopping her from continuing.

 

“Your job for today is to rest. You have a date with Yoong if you like.” Taeyeon smirks, chuckling silently in her mind when she sees the girl blushes instantly at her words.

 

“Taengoo~!” Just then, a voice interrupted their conversation and the both of them got out from the staff office to see a short girl and the doe-eye girl standing right outside the café. Taeyeon went over to open the door for them instantly and she signaled to the doe-eye girl to go into the staff office.

 

Not knowing why, Yoona just did as told even though Sooyoung tries to stop her from entering.

 

“Why are there so many cups of mocha frappe here?” Yoona raised an eyebrow at the cups on the coffee table.

 

“Probably because her stomach couldn’t handle any of it anymore.” Taeyeon came in with a smirk, pushing the tall girl towards the doe-eye girl. Yoona seems to have understood it already and she grabs the face of the girl, staring at her intently. Sooyoung looks away, because she’s embarrassed and somewhat guilty at the same time.

 

“… Confess, idiot. Why did you do this?” Yoona frowns, noticing the tired eyes of the girl without any problem. It’s too obvious. Sooyoung kept quiet, biting her lips slightly. She didn’t know how to answer and she doesn’t really want to answer as well. Sighing, Yoona let go of her and walks towards the coffee table, staring at those cups of mocha frappe. “Unnie, help me pack all these up. I’m going home.”

 

“Not going to draw? I thought you like drawing here?” Taeyeon asked, as Sunny walks out to get the take-away cups and some plastic bags.

 

“I got something on today.” Yoona replied, helping Sunny to pour those drinks into the disposable cups and packing them neatly into the plastic bags. Carrying those in one hand, she uses another hand to grab the arm of the tall girl and drags her out from the place.

 

“Y… Y… Yoona ssi…?” Sooyoung staggered behind Yoona. Somehow, the girl seems upset. Did she upset her…? She looks back to see the two short girls smirking at her. Why are they smirking? It’s not a good thing that Yoona is upset. Why are they smirking at her as though it’s a good thing?

 

Sooyoung didn’t dare to say anything as Yoona continues to drag her down the street, in case she further upset the girl. Neither did Yoona say a thing as she tries to bring Sooyoung somewhere. The tall girl blinked twice when they arrive in front of an apartment. Yoona opens the door and pushed the tall girl in, closing the door behind her.

 

“Yoona ssi…?” Sooyoung could see that this is obviously Yoona’s apartment but why did Yoona bring her here?

 

“Get into that room while I keep my stuffs. NOW.” Yoona pointed to one of the room and Sooyoung flinched, obeying her quickly. It shocked Sooyoung to find out that it’s actually the bedroom. “Because you would probably try to run before I can get your keys from you, so I brought you here instead.”

 

“Why… do you need…” Sooyoung still couldn’t understand.

 

“Now, lie down and SLEEP. I will make sure you sleep.” Yoona pushes the girl onto her own bed and pulls the blanket over the girl before the girl can get up again. Sooyoung tried to get up once but after seeing the doe-eye girl’s glare, she hides under the blanket immediately. “Are you an idiot? Is mocha frappe that important that you have to give up your sleep for it?”

 

“B… B… Because… you like it… I… I wanted to serve you something nice, not like the one you insist on drinking…” Sooyoung replied timidly. Yoona became speechless for a moment and her cheeks turns red.

 

“… S… S… So what? W… Why must you be… be the one that serve me? I can always get a delicious cup of mocha frappe from Taeyeon unnie or Sunny unnie.” Yoona looks away from the tall girl, blushing even more. Sooyoung didn’t answer. Instead, she gets up and hugs the girl. “S… S… Sooyoung ssi…”

 

“I… I want to be the one serving you… forever…” Sooyoung whispered. She didn’t know where she got the sudden burst of courage from but she feels like she has to say it out now, especially when the teasing duo isn’t around to ruin her special moments with this girl. “I… I don’t want anyone else to serve you…”

 

“S… S… Sleep, y… you idiot…!” Yoona sort of understand the situation right now and she’s dying to get out from here. Her heart is going too fast for her own good and she could also feel Sooyoung’s heart beating beside hers.

 

“Sleep beside me. It seems like, only when I have you in my embrace then I can sleep comfortably. Without needing to worry that you will disappear from my sight…” Sooyoung tries to get the girl on bed but the girl pushes her away quickly, blushing madly. Yoona went out of the room without a word, leaving Sooyoung alone.

 

Is that a rejection…? Sooyoung sighed, lying down slowly and sadly. I knew it… Those two are just teasing me when they say that she may be interested in me as well… It’s just my own wishful thinking and one-sided love… As she drowns herself in her own thoughts, her sleepiness caught up with her and drags her into her dreamland even though she doesn’t want to go there. Soon, before she knew it, she’s sleeping soundly on Yoona’s bed.

…..

“This is going to become a habit for them…”

 

“At least it’s nothing obscene.”

 

Sooyoung’s ears start to pick up some voices in her dream and through her half-opened eyes, she could make out two figures vaguely. Something feels different but in her sleepy state, she couldn’t pinpoint what is different.

 

“Are you awake? It seems like your eyes are open, Sooyoung ssi.” Someone leans closer and forced Sooyoung’s eyes open.

 

“Ack. I… I’m awake. Yes…!” Sooyoung blinked once to moisturize her dried eyes that got exposed to air without a warning. She tried to get up and it’s then she realizes that she’s hugging something, or rather, someone. “E… Eh…?”

 

“Did something happen in the hospital? It seems like it’s going to become a habit for the two of you to sleep together on the same bed huh?” Sunny sighed.

 

W… When… Sooyoung stares at the girl in her embrace. When did Yoona get on the bed and into her embrace?

 

“Those mocha frappe are gone, by the way.” Taeyeon spoke, holding up an empty, used cup in her hand. “I think she decided to drink everything as she draws. What’s the content of her drawings again? Isn’t it some idiot sleeping?”

 

“Yea. She drew the idiot that is sleeping on her bed.” Sunny grins, holding up the sketchbook to show Sooyoung the drawings. It’s her. Yoona drew her again and not just once.

 

“… I say not to touch my sketchbook without my permission, unnie…” Just then, a hand reaches out to snatch the sketchbook over and the weight lying in Sooyoung’s embrace disappears. Sooyoung is the only one that didn’t see it since Yoona’s back is facing her, but the two short girls grinned when they saw the tint of redness on Yoona’s cheeks.

 

“Say, why are you two sleeping together again?” Sunny asked.

 

“… I… I got tired after doing some sketch and she’s on my bed…” Yoona replied, blushing even more.

 

“But you can always sleep on the sofa.”

 

“I… I… It’s uncomfortable…”

 

“Ohh… So Sooyoung’s embrace is more comfortable?”

 

“I… I didn’t say that…! I… I… I only slept beside her but s… somehow I end up in her embrace…!”

 

“I got a bed in my room, you know. You can always sleep on my bed but you didn’t?”

 

It’s then Yoona became speechless, not knowing how to reply anymore. The redness of her face got to its peak in an instant.

 

“We will, leave the two of you alone.” Taeyeon smirks, dragging Sunny out of the room and closing the door behind them. Sooyoung continues to stare at the back of the doe-eye girl, who refuses to face her right now. There was silence for nearly ten minutes until Sooyoung decided to break it.

 

“… C… Can I see…? T… The drawings…?” Sooyoung asked, moving up to sit beside Yoona, who looks away immediately.

 

“… Y… Y… You have to serve me something first… I… I can’t show it to you for nothing…” Yoona replied. Of course, she’s expecting a nice cup of mocha frappe. Even though she drank lots of them earlier, but something about the mocha frappe that Sooyoung makes attracts her. It’s as though she will never get sick of it. The taste of hard work, sincerity and lastly, love.

 

Sooyoung stares at her for a moment and an idea came into her mind. She forces the girl to turn around and face her with a smile.

 

“W… What…?” Yoona still didn’t dare to meet the eyes of the girl.

 

“I’m going to serve you something now.” Sooyoung grins.

 

Huh? Did sh- Before Yoona can react, there’s already something pressing on her lips. A kiss is served, right to for her. Yoona drops the sketchbook due to surprise and Sooyoung picks up with a smirk plastered on her face.

 

“… H… Hey…! W… Who tol… told y… y… you t… t… that… y… you can… s… see my… my draw… drawings…?!” Yoona tried to get her sketchbook back but to find herself getting pinned down.

 

“I served you something already, didn’t I?” Sooyoung grins.

 

“I… I… I mean m… mocha f… f… frappe…! N… Not that…” Yoona blushes.

 

“Isn’t that better than mocha frappe?”

 

“N… No…”

 

“Aww… Really? Should we try again to see if it’s better or not?”

 

“Y… You’re bad at it…”

 

“Are you implying that you’re good? Why don’t you show me how to do it properly?”

 

“I… I didn’t have experience…”

 

“Then… let’s gain it together.”

 

“G… Go away…”

 

“Come on…”

 

“… I… I want mocha frappe…”

 

“I will give it to you after this.”

 

“N… No! I… I want it now…!”

 

“Jeez… I want a hundred times of this later.”

 

“H… hundred?”

 

“Yes. What you owe me and it’s interest.”

 

“What are you? A loan shark?”

 

“Love loan shark. Yes.”

 

“Idiot.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“It’s not a compliment!”

 

“I love you…”

 

“… Yea…”

 

“JEEZ. What’s with that?!”

 

“What’s with what?”

 

“Your reply! Say it properly…! Or I won’t forgive you. I will punish you.”

 

“F… Fine! I… I… I… I love… l… love you… too…”

 

“That’s more like it.”