Stick With You

Collections

Don't ask me why I'm not updating about the OTP 30-day challenge instead.
I don't know why but I stopped writing for it. For now.
I will get back to it when I stop procrastinating~ /skips off like an idiot/
-----_____-----

 

"Hello?" Picking up the phone, the owner of the place talked into the phone as she keys in the orders quickly, receiving the cash from the customers and giving back the changes.

"Unnie..." A voice sounded through receiver softly.

"Give me a moment, Yoong. I'm busy right now." The girl replied, serving the customers that are coming to her one after another.

"Unnie, I'm hungry..." Slightly ignoring the words of the older girl, the voice sounded through again. "Can you bring me some food?"

"I'm busy, Yoong. I can't. You come here." The girl sighed, hands still busy with the cash-flow.

"You know I can't...! It has been too long sinc-"

"I will get someone to deliver it then." The girl interrupted, knowing what her dongsaeng is going to say.

"No...! No, unnie, no!!! I want you to be the one coming, unnie...!"

"Damn it, Yoong! I'm busy!" With that, the girl hangs up on the call and apologized to the customers who got shocked by her. The phone rang again but this time, someone else picked it up.

"Hello?"

"A-Ack...?!" And the line went dead.

"Boss... The line went dead..." The employee looked at the girl, confused.

"Probably my dongsaeng..." The girl sighed. "Do me a favor, Sooyoung. Get the kitchen to prepare a meal and deliver it to her..."

"... The shut-in dongsaeng of yours, boss? Will it be alright if it's me...?" The tall employee replied, feeling worried about her employer's decision.

"I don't care, Sooyoung. She has to learn to face people other than me too... Sorry to drag you into this but you're my most reliable worker... I can't really trust any of those guys to go to my house with my dongsaeng alone at home..." The shorter girl whispered. "Honestly, she's above standard. Even I, as her unnie, think that it's a pity that she's a shut in."

"... Araso. I will do as you say." The tall girl bowed and headed for the kitchen. Soon after, she's ready to go, with the food carefully placed into the delivery box and secured on the back of the bike. She got the address from her employer and heads out instantly.

…..

Ding dong.

"..." The girl stares at the door blankly.

Ding dong.

"U-Unnie...? Is that you?" Standing right behind the door, the girl asked cautiously.

"Food is here." The girl outside replied. No. It's not her unnie. She doesn't sound like her unnie at all.

"You're not my unnie...! Where's my unnie?!"

"Just how old are you?"

"Huh...?"

"Always looking for your unnie and crying for your unnie... Are you a kid?"

"S-Shut up...! Who are you to lecture me..?!"

"Just gonna tell you this. You're a bother for my boss. She doesn't have the time to entertain you, that's why I'm here, with the food you wanted. Open the door or I will leave you to be hungry."

Hearing that, the girl hesitated. She's really hungry. But she doesn't want to open the door for that girl who sounded so rude to her despite being the first time they ever interacted.

"I'm counting to three. I haven't got all day. I still need to go back and help your unnie with the store. One... Two... An-" The tall girl counted.

Click.

The door opened slightly. Seeing that, the tall girl pulled it open to see someone scurrying into the apartment quickly. She entered, taking off her shoes, and got into the living room. It's her first time coming to her boss's place. As expected of her boss, it's neat and cozy. She noticed the girl that went hiding in the bedroom, peeking through a tiny gap.

"I'm going to leave it here. I will come back into two hours to collect the plates." Leaving the food on the coffee table and the box at one side, the tall girl exits from the apartment and returned to the store.

Seeing that her employee doesn't have the delivery box in her hand, the short girl knew that she succeeded in getting the younger girl to open the door.

"I knew I could trust you, Sooyoung. Was it hard?" The short girl asked, when she finally get to rest for a while.

"No. Not really. Just have to trick her a little and it's done. Should I get the plates or will you..." Sooyoung replied, feeling happy when she sees that her boss seems relieved now. "Maybe I should..."

"We will see how things are later on, Sooyoung." The owner smiled.

…..

"Yoong, open the door. I will grab the plates and go." A voice followed after a knock and the doe-eye girl got up quickly, rushing to the door to open it. However, much to her disbelief, her unnie isn't alone.

"E-eeekkk...!" The doe-eye girl runs back into the apartment and hides into a room right after she sees the presence of the tall girl behind her unnie. "W-W-Why is she here too, unnie...?!" She shouted.

"The store is free now so I tagged along when she comes to get the plates from you." The shorter girl replied. "So come out and greet the guest, Yoong."

"B-But... But..."

"Take this as a practice, Yoong. Come out."

"No...!"

"It's okay, boss. She probably had a pimple on her face so she's too embarrassed to come out." The tall girl picks up the plates calmly and puts them inside the box.

"No I don't have a pimple...!" As expected, the doe-eye girl came out of the room and had the tall girl stares at her closely. "Look...! No pimple!"

"Yes. I know, YOONG." The tall girl smirks. It's then the doe-eye girl realized that she had been tricked to come out. Her face went red instantly and she moved away, wanting to go back into hiding but her wrist was grabbed. "Why hide such a beautiful face from people?"

"E-E-Ehhh...?!" Yoona blushes even more. She removes her hand from the girl quickly and ran back into the room, locking the door behind her.

"Did I go too far?" Sooyoung asked, turning to her boss to see her boss trying her very best to hold in her laughter. "Boss?"

"Hahahahahahaha! Really....! How did you even managed to think of such a way to make her come out like that...?!" The short girl laughed.

"I-It's not funny, unnie...! She's a big meanie! She tricked me...!" Yoona came out again, now hugging a huge Rilakkuma plush. "Kkuma-chan, this is a big meanie! Punish her!"

"Talking to a plush? I'm impressed." Sooyoung raised an eyebrow at the girl. A girl, someone who's around her age, playing with a plush toy like a kid does. Wow. Just wow.

"Don't mock me...! Kkuma-chan is my best friend... When I feel lonely on my own, Kkuma-chan is the one accompanying me all along..." Yoona pouted, burying her face into the plush.

"But you're not making any effort to make yourself less lonely."

"... Y... You don't understand anything...!" Yoona retorted, going back to the room and locking herself in again. Sooyoung turns to the shorter girl, and the girl nodded, signaling to the door and implying that they should leave the doe-eye girl alone for now.

-----

"Aren't you leaving...?" The doe-eye girl asked as she peeks out from her bedroom, into the living room, at the tall girl who's sitting beside the coffee table after laying out the food. She called her unnie for food again but it wasn't her unnie who came.

"The store isn't busy at the moment." The tall girl replied.

"Then why isn't unnie the one coming...?"

"Like I say, you're a bother for her. As the boss, she has more things to do other than entertaining you."

"Stop saying that I'm a bother...! I... I... I know I'm inferior but... but I tried to make sure I won't bother her too much..."

"Why are you inferior?"

"... I just am."

"That's not a reason."

"... Who cares..."

"You're not making an effort here."

"W-What...?"

"In making a friend. I'm right here but you're still hiding in that room as you talk to me. You say you're lonely, but you're not making effort to do anything about it other than clinging to your unnie whenever you can."

"Making friends? What for...? To have them leave you when you're fighting against the whole school of people...? Unnie is the only one who stayed with me... I only need unnie..." Yoona frowned, hugging her Rilakkuma plush closer as she sat by the door.

"Fighting against the whole school of people?" Yoona didn't even realize when Sooyoung got so close to the room. She only realized it when the tall girl pushes the door open and squatted down beside her. "Why?"

"... You're invading." Yoona turns away.

"If we are going to be friends, shouldn't I know that bit of your life to better support you?"

"We? Friends? Don't make me laugh... No one ever wanted to befriend me..." Yoona clenches her fist as her hold on the plush tightens. "... Only to get attention from the ones they like, they pretend to be all goody with me... The moment something bad happens, they throw me away like nothing and leave me to fight on my own..."

"So, what happened...?" Sooyoung sat down beside the girl, her expression showing nothing but seriousness and sincerity.

"........" Yoona bits her lips and hugs the plush even harder.

"It's going to hurt if you hug it so tight, isn't that right, Kkuma-chan?" The tall girl tries to loosen the doe-eye girl's grip on the plush, making the bear nods after she said that. "Kkuma-chan is in pain so stop hugging it so tightly."

".... Are you crazy...?" Yoona stares at the girl blankly. "I'm not a kid. Don't talk to me in such a way..."

"Well, you said it's your best friend, didn't you? Are you taking back those words? With or without this plush, you're lonely. End of story. Isn't it right?" Sooyoung questioned, leaving the doe-eye girl speechless. "This plush is just a cover to cover it up. You wanted friends but you're just too scared to make one."

"Shut up...! I don't need anyone else other than my unnie!"

"Do you hate the society?"

"YES! YES I DO! J-Just because I didn't have interest in the person that confessed to me... I-I ended up with rumors saying that... that I seduce people with my body..." Yoona started crying. "That jerk... He told people that I went to bed with him because I rejected his confession... He even made his friends say the same...... Those so-called friends of mine didn't even believe me and left me alone in an instant! I have heard all the worse possible cuss words being used on me already! But I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Yoona ssi..." Sooyoung pulled the plush away from the girl and replaces it with her own embrace. "To be honest, I have heard about everything from the boss. I just want you to tell it to me yourself. The boss helped me when I'm in a difficult situation once, so at least let me help you as a form of repayment towards her."

"There." Yoona pushes the girl away. "It's never about me. You're just the same as them!"

"Yoona ssi..." Sooyoung tried to continue.

"Shut up, already! You are only doing it because you wanted to repay my unnie! It's not like you really wanted to-"

"I DO." Sooyoung interrupted firmly. "I'm not someone who can fake a good relationship with someone else. I mean what I say. Like how the boss helped me, I want to help you."

"BUT IT'S FOR MY UNNIE, ISN'T IT?"

"Partially."

"THEN N-"

"I like you."

"H-Huh...?" Yoona blushed instantly. "W-W-What did you say...?"

"I say, I like you. From the first time I see you, I have a very good feeling about you. It may or may not be the romantic type, but I know I want to get closer to you and help you out of your shell." Sooyoung continued calmly, and silence sinks in shortly after she finishes her sentences. Yoona stares at her uneasily before turning away, pulling the plush back into her embrace. "I will do a formal introduction. I'm Choi Sooyoung. Hearing from the boss, I'm the same age as you. Currently a supervisor at your unnie's store. Your turn."

Yoona kept quiet. She stares into her plush, peeking at the girl beside her once before looking away again.

"... Im Yoona... Sister of your beloved boss." The doe-eye girl finally spoke after a long moment of silence.

"W-What...?" Sooyoung blushed slightly at Yoona's words. "Beloved boss...?!"

"You like my unnie, don't you?"

"No...! I admit that I do admire her, but not romantically!" Sooyoung explained. "She helped me a lot. I treat her like a caring older sister."

"... She is MY unnie."

"Yes, yes... I know, you sister complex."

"Sister complex...?! Yah!"

"Am I wrong?"

"Definitely! I-I'm not a sister complex, okay? Yes, I do stick to my unnie a lot but it's because she's all I have! Don't misunderstand it as being a sister complex!"

"You have me now. Will you continue to stick to her?" Sooyoung asked, staring at Yoona with eyes filled with sincerity and warmth. Yoona blushed slightly and looked away, keeping quiet once again. "Not used to social interaction huh?"

Yoona nodded.

"Just nod or shake your head then. Will you?" Sooyoung asked again.

"......" Yoona looks at her and looked away, sticking out her pinky towards the girl. "Only if you promise that you will not leave me like those people..."

"I promise." Sooyoung intertwines her pinky with Yoona's, and sealed the pact down with their thumbs.

Yoona has to admit. She's happy about this. She's happy about making a new friend. But at the same time, she's scared. She's scared that history will repeat itself.

What if Sooyoung is doing this to get closer to her sister, whom she admires? What if Sooyoung is doing this just to impress her boss to raise her pay or something? There're too many what-ifs. She felt too insecure.

Probably sensing that, Sooyoung sighed and moved closer, hugging the girl from the side gently, surprising the girl.

"Remember this warmth. You have to come back to this warmth whenever you're feeling low, alright?" Sooyoung whispered. "I won't leave you. Like your unnie, I'm going to be the one staying."

"Sooyoung..." Yoona couldn't hold it in. She burst into tears instantly. It has been too long since she felt warmth from someone other than her unnie. It feels so good too. Her insecurity dispersed at that moment and she could feel that her heart is opening up again, to accept this new presence into her life.

…..

"Will you come later...? With unnie...?" Yoona asked as she sees the girl off to the door. Sooyoung waited for Yoona to finish her food before going off with the plates and box.

"You want me to?" Sooyoung smiled, patting the girl's head gently. Yoona nodded shyly and the tall girl grins. "Okay. I will. I'm going now."

"Okay... See you later...!" Yoona waved as the girl walks away, and closes the door quickly before anyone else appears in the corridor.

…..

Sounds of the lock clicking alerted the doe-eye girl of the return of her sister. She gets up from the sofa quickly and ran to the door, opening the door before the older girl could. She looks around but she doesn't see the presence of the taller girl behind her sister.

"Looking for someone?" Just when she sticks her head out to check the corridor, a voice surprised her from behind.

"S-Sooyoung...!" Yoona beamed, hugging the girl. Sooyoung kept the first promise. It's a good start for their friendship.

"Woah~ woah~ woah~ Yoong is treating me as invisible?" The shorter girl teased. "Did you do something to her in the afternoon?"

"... I... I merely promised her that I would come by when work ends...!" Sooyoung replied, taking a step into the apartment and closing the door behind her, with the doe-eye girl still clinging.

"Good job, good job~ you managed to get her to open up to you and ignore me."

"B-Boss...!" Sooyoung became flustered. "Yoona ssi, you should greet your unnie first...!"

"Why the formality?" Yoona puffed up her cheeks angrily. "And unnie always push me away whenever I come to greet her... Are you being jealous now, unnie?"

"Yes, Yoong. Your unnie is sad now." The short girl faked a sad look and the doe-eye girl went to hug her immediately.

"Unnie~" Yoona called out cutely, but it's obviously that Yoona's hug is a bit too much for someone who's shorter than her by more than 10 centimeters. Their postures just aren't that comfortable.

"... Mind if I ask... Why is the height of the two of you so different...?" Sooyoung pointed out, noting the fact that Yoona is bending over just to hug her boss.

"... Yah... Are you insulting my height?" The short girl narrowed her eyes at her employee.

"Def-definitely not...! I... I'm sorry...!" Sooyoung apologized quickly, bowing.

"Hahaha~ I'm just playing around with you. Don't need to bow, Sooyoung. I took after our mom while she took after our dad, hence the height difference." The short girl laughed.

"I... I see... Ack?" Right before Sooyoung can stand up straight, someone climbed onto her back. "Yoona...!"

"Carry me. I'm tired." Yoona grins.

"Says the one that stayed home the whole day to the one that had been working the whole day..." Sooyoung sighed, but she carried the girl anyway, further into the apartment and putting her down on the sofa.

"You're going to spoil her at this rate, Sooyoung." The short girl sighed, pinching her dongsaeng's cheek playfully. "But really... How did you do it?"

"Sooyoung is very warm." Yoona replied as she slides into Sooyoung's arms, showing no intention of moving away any sooner.

"I forget to warn you. She can be quite clingy sometimes."

"I can see that." Sooyoung agreed. "But it's a sign that she opened up to someone else other than you, boss, right?"

"Yea. Thank you, Sooyoung. I really didn't make the wrong decision."

"I owe you my life, boss. Back then, when I'm almost dying on the street, you gave me a job and even paid me more than the rest... It's natural t-" At that moment, the doe-eye girl moves away and went back to her room without a word.

"... What's wrong, Yoong...?" The short girl asked.

"... Probably my words... She probably thinks that I'm only doing these for your sake..." Sooyoung sighed, knowing what she said wrong again. Standing up, she went to the door and knocked. "I said it before, didn't I? It's partially for boss and in the end, it's still for you. Don't be angry, okay?"

Silence.

"... Yoong, come on. Sooyoung isn't one that would make use of other people to get to her goals." The short girl joins in with the persuasion after realizing what's going on.

"Are you sure you won't leave me alone and even take my unnie away with you in future?" Yoona opened the door, now hugging her plush.

"Take me away? Hahahaha~ come on, Yoong. I have a girlfriend already." The short girl laughed, not realizing that she just spouted out something surprisingly and shocking for her little sister.

"W-what...? What did you say, unnie...?!" Yoona grabbed her sister by her shoulders harshly, staring at the latter intensely as she waits for an answer.

"She has a girlfriend, Yoona. It's a regular at the store..." Sooyoung tries to get Yoona to let to but the doe-eye girl is completely frozen in her spot.

"IS THAT WHY YOU SEND SOOYOUNG TO ME? SO THAT YOU CAN PUSH ME TO HER AND LEAVE WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND?" Yoona screamed into her sister face, with tears rolling profusely.

"Yoong, I have my own life! I can't be taking care of you forever!" The short girl argued.

"B-Boss...! Wait a minute..." Sooyoung tried to intercept but it's not working at all.

"So you're just like them, unnie? Leavi-"

"STOP BEING SO SELFISH, IM YOONA. I, IM TAEYEON, HAS MY OWN LIFE TO LIVE. I HAVE MY RIGHTS TO FALL IN LOVE!" The short girl scolded loudly. It's probably the first time the two younger girls have ever seen her been so angry. She has always been calm and easy on everyone around her no matter what they do. "I DID NOT SEND SOOYOUNG HERE TO TAKE MY PLACE. I HAVE NEVER EXPECTED THAT YOU WOULD EVEN OPEN UP TO HER. I SEND HER HERE BECAUSE YOU KEPT ON CALLING AND CALLING! I AM BUSY, IM YOONA!"

"... So I'm a bother after all..." Yoona let go of the girl and stepped back into her room, closing the door before any of the other two can stop her. She even left her plush outside, on the floor.

"Yoona..." Sooyoung didn't know what she should do now.

"LEAVE HER BE! SHE NEEDS TO LEARN AND GROW UP!" Taeyeon scolded the innocent girl and shuts herself back into her own bedroom, leaving the tall girl to be alone in the living room.

Sooyoung sighed, picking up the plush and going towards the sofa. She didn't expect that her presence would cause such trouble for them. Maybe she shouldn't have tried to interfere with their life in the first place....

But she promised Yoona already. That she wouldn't leave. Now that Yoona knows about Taeyeon's girlfriend, the more she shouldn't leave. She needs to help Yoona and be her support. Sighing again, she hugs the plush and lies down casually on the sofa.

"... It has Yoona's scent... She really love hugging this huh...?" Sooyoung sniffed the plush slightly. "Well, it's comfortable and nice to hug..."

And something unexpected happened. She fell asleep. On the sofa, with the plush in her arms. She woke up in the morning to find that the doe-eye girl had taken the plush back and there's a note on the coffee table.
 


Sorry about yesterday, Sooyoung. You came over especially but to have you caught in our sisters' quarrel. You can rest for today. Breakfast for the two of you is on the table.

P.S. Ease her emotions... Sorry to trouble you so much but right now, you're the only one that can do it.

- Taeyeon'

 


"... How rude of me..." Sooyoung covers her face, feeling embarrassed about falling asleep in someone else's apartment and even slept over without getting permission first. She got up and rinsed in the bathroom, before going to the dining table to check on the breakfast. "... Maybe I should heat this up..."

As she's heating up the food, someone came up behind her suddenly and stuck something into without any warning.

"Ack..?!" Sooyoung almost knocked into the microwave. "Yoona...! What's thi-" she takes the thing out to see that it's a toothbrush.

"... You didn't brush your teeth, dirty fellow. I saw it." Yoona narrowed her eyes at her. "It's an extra. Use it."

"Oh... Thanks. I will do it now." Sooyoung turns off the microwave and take out the food. "This is breakfast."

"You prepared it?"

"No. Your un-"

"I'm not eating." Yoona walked away immediately. Sooyoung tried to talk to her but she refuses to eat whatever is prepared by her unnie. In the end, Sooyoung personally prepared something for Yoona to eat.

"Is it okay?" Sooyoung asked, coming out from the bathroom after brushing her teeth properly.

"It's yummy~ you're a good cook~" Yoona beamed.

"Erm... Yoona... Can we talk about your unnie?" Sooyoung is being careful about that, knowing that Yoona is still upset about her sister's relationship.

"... If you're going to help her, I'm not listening..." Yoona pouted, looking away.

"I'm not helping anyone. I'm going to be neutral, alright?" Sooyoung grabbed Yoona's hand as pulled it closer, holding it gently with both hands as she looks at the girl. Yoona peeks at her slightly and nodded, a little unwillingly. "I know it's hard for you to accept the fact that she has a girlfriend right now, and this is precisely why she has been hiding it from you. She doesn't want you to think that she's going to leave you, because she won't."

"... How did you know? You're not her. You're not her girlfriend. You never know how her girlfriend will act. She might take unnie away and separate the two of us forever." Yoona frowned, not liking whatever she just said.

"I have seen her, Yoona. She's not that type of person. There were times when your unnie wanted to stay just a bit longer with her but she pushed your unnie away and told her to come back to you. Because she knows that you need your unnie." Sooyoung replied calmly. "It's hard to accept this, I know... But your unnie does have a life of her own. You have to stand up on your own soon as well. God probably arranged me to come so that I can help you get over this."

"... That's kind of cheesy."

"Hahaha~ yea. But I'm not joking. How about we go over and take a look at her girlfriend? Maybe seeing her in person will allow you to accept her sooner?"

"I-I-I can't...! I would have to go out if I-"

"I'm with you, Yoona. Trust me, okay? No one is going to hurt you with me around. I promise." Sooyoung smiled. "Your unnie is worried too, about how you're feeling. You didn't want your unnie to get into trouble just because she's worrying about you all day long, right?"

"... No..."

"Shall we go then? You can hold my hand, if it's more comfortable for you." Sooyoung stood up and held out her hand towards the girl. Hesitating for a moment, Yoona grabbed it and soon, they are right at the front door, getting ready to go out.

Yoona feels her heart pounding fast as Sooyoung opens the door. A sudden rush of blood into her mind makes her dizzy and she grabbed on tight to Sooyoung's shirt, burying her face in the girl's back.

"Are you okay?" Sooyoung asked, thinking that maybe she shouldn't take things too fast.

"... Just a while... Let me rest for a while here..." Yoona murmured, breathing hard onto Sooyoung's back. They stood there for nearly ten minutes before Yoona finally feels her heart calming down. Her lungs are slowly accepting the fresh air from the outside and she gave the taller girl a slight push to indicate that she's alright to move on.

Sooyoung took a step slowly, then another. Soon, they are both out of the house. Yoona took another break, but this time, a shorter one.

"I'm going to shut the door now, is that alright?" Sooyoung asked, and she can feel the girl nodding while having her head against her back. Sooyoung shuts the door and locked it. "Good job, Yoona. You're out of your apartment. That's an improvement. Now, let's get back inside."

"Eh...?" Yoona looked at the girl blankly. "Aren't we..."

"Let's not rush things, alright? We will do this slowly so that you can adapt to it comfortably." Sooyoung smiled, unlocking the door again and signaling to the girl to get in.

"But I-"

"Don't force yourself. Are you sure you can really go all the way to the store and face the crowd there?"

"... No... I... I..." Yoona sighed, hanging her head low.

"There.... No need to worry, Yoona... We don't need to rush through this. One step a day is good enough. Because I know it's not going to be easy." Sooyoung hugs the girl, patting her on the head gently.

"... Okay..." Yoona nodded, removing herself from the girl's embrace and going back into the apartment. Sooyoung followed after her and locked the door behind her.

"And, remember to apologize to your unnie, alright? You have your fault too, about yesterday." Sooyoung sat down beside the girl on the sofa.

"... A... Araso... Sorry about yesterday too, Sooyoung... You had to sleep in the living room because of our fight..."

"It's okay. As long as the two of you are alright."

"... Why are you so nice to me...? I can understand that you are loyal to my unnie because she helped you before but..."

"Didn't I tell you before? I like you. Be it in a romantic way or friendship way, I want to help you." Sooyoung replied. "So, what shall we do until lunch?"

"... Movies?"

"Sure."

"Is romance alright...? I think those that I have yet to watch are all romance..." Yoona got up and headed for her room, coming out shortly with some DVDs in her hand. She laid them out on the table for Sooyoung to see. "Which?"

"All! We got the time, didn't we?" Sooyoung grins. "I got the day off, by the way. So that I can accompany you."

"Really? Okay~" Yoona grins, randomly picking out one of the discs and putting it into the player, placing the rest above it to make it more convenient when changing the disc later.

She went on to grab some snacks and drinks while the movie loads, and sat down beside the tall girl comfortably, leaning on the girl partially.

…..

Yoona is totally engrossed in the movie that it's only until the end that she realizes that the tall girl fell asleep. Probably because she didn't sleep well yesterday. Turning off the television and the player, Yoona tried to carry the girl up but it's not really easy.

Taking in a deep breath, she tries again, and barely lifted the girl up from the sofa. As quickly as she could, she headed into her bedroom and literally fell onto her bed with the taller girl. She makes sure the girl didn't wake up from the impact but there's something else that she forgets.

Her arms are under the weight of the girl.

"........" Yoona stares blankly and tried to tug her arms out but the tall girl fidgeted, surprising her. As she was looking around for a solution, the tall girl turned, allowing her arms to come out. "Phew..."

Covering the girl up with the blanket, Yoona came out to the living room again and continues with the movies. She doesn't know when but she starts to feel rather drowsy in the middle of the third movie, and before she knew it, she's lying on the sofa, asleep.

Shortly after, the tall girl exits from the bedroom, yawning.

"... I can't believe I fell asleep... Damn..." She sighed, rubbing the back of her neck and stopping in her path when she sees the girl sleeping on the sofa. "Haha~ she's sleeping too..."

Sooyoung went back inside the room and came out with a blanket, using it to cover the girl up before taking a seat in front of the sofa, leaning back on it, and watching whatever is left of the movie.

In the movie, the male lead is doing the exactly same thing as she is, except that she's watching the movie while he's talking to the female lead who's lying on the sofa. Anyone could guess that the female lead probably fell asleep already. At that moment when the male lead turns around and saw that the female lead is sleeping, he started moving closer and closer.

"... Jeez... Stealing a kiss from a sleeping girl isn't right..." Sooyoung commented, forgetting that Yoona isn't watching. "Right?" And she turns around to see the girl sleeping. "Oh right... She's sleeping..."

She turns back to the television, and watches how the male lead steals a kiss from the sleeping female lead, before turning back to looking at the doe-eye girl again.

"......." Sooyoung stares blankly at the face of the girl and turns away sharply. "Just the movie. It's because of the movie. I know I have good feeling about her since the start but this is too fast. No way."

"......" Sooyoung finds herself focusing on the screen soon but her mind is blank, not taking in any information from the movie at all. "... Should I get prepared for lunch...?"

She turns to the clock, and realizes that it's almost noon. Switching off the television, she picks up her bag and the keys for the apartment, and went out, to get some groceries. She came back in around an hour time, to see that the girl isn't on the sofa anymore.

"Soo... young...?" At that moment, a head pops out from behind the bedroom door.

"Yoona? Why are you hiding?" Sooyoung puts down the bags and headed towards the girl, to have the girl crashing into her arms.

"I wake up and couldn't find you..." Yoona hugs the girl tightly, as if she's afraid that the girl will run off if she doesn't hold on tight.

"Jeez. Are you a kid?" Sooyoung sighed, ruffling the girl's hair. "I went to buy some groceries so I can cook something for lunch."

"C-Can I help?" Yoona asked, with pleading eyes. Sooyoung agreed to it but she regretted it soon after. It seems like Taeyeon has never let her cook before.

"YOONA NO! NOT LIKE THAT."

"Y-Yoona...! Wait a m- ah..."

"Yoona ya...!"

It's rather chaotic but somehow, they still managed to stir up something decent and edible, with Sooyoung completely exhausted.

"... I... I'm sorry..." Yoona apologized. "I'm nothing but trouble..."

"No, Yoona... Though I have to admit that you did have a lot of mistakes but you are a great help. It wouldn't be done so soon without you. And it's fun, isn't it?" Sooyoung smiled, and Yoona nodded slightly, smiling back. Ever since, Sooyoung would spend her day off with Yoona, using it to help Yoona take a step further from her apartment and also, with the cooking.

The phone rang, and the short girl picks up while sorting out the cashier.

"Unnie." A voice sounded through the receiver.

"Yes, Yoong?" The short girl answered absentmindedly.

"I'm hungry..."

"I'm busy now, Yoong."

"What about Soo...?"

"She's unwell so she's resting in the staffs' office now. She can't deliver it to you today, Yoong."

The line went dead immediately. Taeyeon raised an eyebrow as she stares at the phone receiver, putting down and continuing with the work quickly. She ordered the kitchen to cook a meal for deliver but just when she's about to pack the food into the delivery box, an unexpected figure appeared at the front door of her store.

".... Y-Yoong...?" Taeyeon couldn't believe her eyes. Her shut-in dongsaeng is currently out of the apartment and standing right in front of her store. She rushed to the front door quickly to double check. It's her, no doubt. "Yoong...."

"U-Unnie... Where's Soo...?" Yoona asked, grabbing onto her unnie's hand. Taeyeon noticed that the girl is shivering slightly and sighed.

"Come." Taeyeon leads the girl in, shooing every attention that comes onto the taller girl behind her, and stops outside the office. "In there."

"Why didn't she go home and rest...?"

"She doesn't want to. She even told us to wake her up when you called."

"... Okay..." Yoona opens the door and went in. The first thing she sees is the figure lying on the couch in the office, covered with a thin blanket. She squats down in front of the couch and stares at the sleeping girl, before flicking the forehead of the girl.

"O-Ow...!" Sooyoung jolted up instantly and blinked blankly when she sees the doe-eye girl beside her. "Eh? Wher- no... I'm still in the office... I must be drea-"

"No...! I'm real, you pabo!" Yoona scolded.

"E-EHHHHHH?! Y-Yoona, you... you came out on your own...?!" Sooyoung couldn't believe it. She has been accompanying the girl on her trips out of her apartment, slowly towards the store, but never once the girl came out on her own.

"... B-Because I will starve if I don't...!" Yoona pouted, feeling embarrassed suddenly. She, herself, didn't know why she ran out of the house the instant she heard that Sooyoung is unwell. She just wanted to see the girl. Sooyoung sighed with a smile and pulls the girl in for a hug.

"Good job, Yoona... You did it..."

"...! You're burning...!" Yoona exclaimed. She moved away from the girl and goes out of the office. "Unnie...! Can I bring her home...?"

"Huh?" The short girl puts down the empty plates that she retrieved from the tables after the customers left, and headed into the office. She felt the forehead of the girl and removes it immediately. "Are you sure you don't need to go to the hospital?"

"Yea... I will be fine." Sooyoung replied weakly. "Just a bit of rest will do."

"Yoona, bring her back and take care of her, alright? I will bring some food over soon." Taeyeon pats her little sister on the back gently. The girl nodded and pulls the tall girl up, supporting her.

"I... It's okay, boss... I-" Sooyoung tries to stay back but the doe-eye girl is holding her tight.

"You, shut up and come with me." Yoona scolded. "I-I'm going now, unnie."

With that, Yoona brought Sooyoung out of the store and back to her apartment. She let the girl rest on her bed before looking around for medicine, to realize there's none. Hesitating for a moment, she stuffed some money into her pocket and went out again on her own, heading to the nearest pharmacy to grab some cold medicine.

"Yoona ssi? It's you, isn't it?" When she making her purchase, a lady came over and greeted her. She froze up instantly. "It has been so long...! You fin-"

"... B-B-Bye...!" Yoona blurted out with much trouble and bowed, running off quickly with the medicine in her hand. She knows who's that lady but it has been too long since she talked with someone else other than her sister that it's making her uncomfortable and awkward. She nearly collapsed the moment she got home.

"Where did you go, leaving a sick person alone...?" Her unnie arrived with the food she had the kitchen prepared for the two younger girls. Yoona stumbled over and dropped the medicine on the table. "Huh? Yoong..."

"... I couldn't find any at home..." Yoona replied, struggling to pick up the flask if water. Her hands are trembling too much. Her unnie came closer and hugged her, patting her on the back.

"... You did well, Yoong... Leave the rest to me and go accompany Sooyoung." Taeyeon whispered. Yoona took a step away and nodded, going back into her bedroom to look after the tall girl. Taeyeon prepared the food and the water, left it in the room before she left to go back to the store.

"Is everything alright?" The moment she got back, a girl came to greet her.

"Yea... Yoong is with her so she should be alright. I prepared the food for them already." Taeyeon replied, embracing the girl. "... Say... Is it time for me to let go of my dongsaeng?"

"... Why do you say so?"

"I suspect that those two might have feelings for each other, Sunny. No matter what I do or say, Yoong never step out of the house before. However she did it twice today... Both, for Sooyoung. She was trembling so much already yet she still did it..." Taeyeon sighed. "And Sooyoung... She even wanted to deliver food to Yoong when she can hardly stand... Sending Sooyoung to Yoong that time might be the best choice I had made in my whole life until now, Sunny... Excluding the choice of getting together with you, of course."

"Well... If you think that it's a suitable time to do so, I will support you to the end." Sunny smiled. "How about we go for a double date and see how those two act?"

"Sounds good. I should arrange for a day-off then." Taeyeon grins, heading into the office with her girlfriend to plan their date.

-----

The doe-eye girl has been hiding behind the tall girl for the whole time, even during the car ride to the amusement park. The unfamiliar figure sitting in the front passenger seat of her unnie's car is making her uncomfortable. She didn't really wanted to come out but Sooyoung seems rather excited about visiting the amusement park, she went on with the idea.

"Yoong, you should be able to guess who's she right?" Taeyeon asked, getting off the car to see her sister hiding from her girlfriend. "She won't bite."

"Hello, I'm your unnie's girlfriend, Sunny. Nice to meet you." The short girl introduced herself with a bright smile and she extended a hand towards the doe-eye girl. Yoona shot Sooyoung a look and the latter merely smiled at her, probably trying to tell her to go ahead and shake the hand.

She did it with much hesitation and withdraws her hand almost immediately. Sunny didn't mind that. She did try after all, and that's good enough.

Taeyeon deliberately chose Monday, since it's less likely to be crowded with people. True enough, the number of people isn't too many. They got in pretty soon and they separated into pairs to play on their own.

It's only until noon that they decided, through the phone, to meet up somewhere to grab lunch. Sooyoung and Yoona found the place pretty quickly, and they settled at a table for four as they wait for the other two to arrive.

"They are there." Taeyeon spotted the two from afar and tried to hurry over, but to stop suddenly she sees a group of people approaching the two girls. "... Wait... That guy..."

"What's wrong, Taengoo?" Sunny asked.

"... I think I know that guy..." Taeyeon frowned, grabbing her girlfriend's hand and rushing over. At the same time back at where the two taller girls are, Yoona is hiding behind Sooyoung.

"I thought you would never show your ty face ever again, Im Yoona." One of the guys in the group smirk. "Did you come out to seduce more people?"

"You know this cute chick?" His friends asked.

"Yea. I used to like her, you see... Back in high school. But she has the guts to reject me so I took a little revenge on her." The guy replied. "Say, it's a pity that it's only a rumor. Should we do it for real? I will sa-"

Before he can finish his sentence, he has a punch driven right into his nose, hard. It almost broke his nose. It's Sooyoung. Even Yoona got a shock from her action. She tried to stop Sooyoung but the girl isn't budging.

"So you're the jerk that hurt Yoona that time by spreading some stupid, untrue rumors?" Sooyoung grabbed the collar of the guy and glared at him angrily.

"So what? She rejected me. She deserved it." The guy scoffed. "Say, you're not bad too. Do you want to do a ?"

"Dirty bas***d...!" Sooyoung sends another punch into his stomach before grabbing the bottle of chili sauce from the table and emptying it onto his face, allowing it to get into his eyes and nose.

"Ahhhhh!!!! You b!tch...!" The guy screamed, feeling around for her but to get a kick in his knee.

"I pity you guys for having a friend like him. Choose your friends wisely, people." Sooyoung turned to his friends, who are in state of shock at the moment, before grabbing Yoona's hand and leading her away from the group. It's then they realize that the two shorter girls are watching from the side, gaping at the scene. "... Boss...!"

"Wow." Taeyeon could only blurted out that one word for now.

"T-T-That guy is harassing Yoona s-so I..." Sooyoung tried to explain the situation to the shorter girl.

"Yea I saw." Taeyeon interrupted, watching how those guys pick their friend up and going away in the background, before turning back to the two girls in front of her. “Sooyoung, may I ask you a question?”

 

“Huh…? Y-Yea, boss.”

 

“Choose one. Continue to work at my store but stay away from my apartment from now on, or quit your job and you can come by whenever you want.”

 

“U-U-UNNIE?!” Yoona couldn’t believe her ears. Why is her unnie doing such a thing? Isn’t everything doing well at the moment?

 

“Boss…” Sooyoung stares at the shorter girl, feeling confused and puzzled.

 

“I can’t have a employee visiting my apartment that often. It will rouse unwanted rumors. Also, if you’re going to be close to my dongsaeng, people will think that I will be bias towards you due to that. You have to choose. Work or Yoona. Choose wisely.” Taeyeon didn’t even hesitate in her speech. It seems like she’s serious about this. Even her girlfriend seems rather surprised by her.

 

“… I-I…” Sooyoung bits her lips. “I’m sorry, boss… I promised Yoona that I won’t leave… It’s a great pleasure to be working for you, boss…” She bowed, a perfect 90 degree.

 

“U-Unnie, please! Why are you do-“ Yoona wanted to sort it out for Sooyoung but the taller girl stopped her.

 

“I understand boss’s worries, Yoona. It’s alright.” Sooyoung smiled faintly at the doe-eye girl. It’s then she gets a tight smack on her shoulder. “A-Ack…! B-B-Boss…?!”

 

“I knew it!” Taeyeon grins. “I’m leaving Yoona to you then. Of course, the thing about choosing between your work and Yoona is just for fun. It’s not going to happen. You can still come back to work.”

 

“Unnie…?!” Yoona is equally confused about the situation as Sooyoung, who is still trying to regain her senses from that smack.

 

“You two have feelings for each other, don’t you?” Sunny smiled and the two younger girls blushed instantly. “Taengoo noticed that and wanted to see if Sooyoung ssi would really take good care of her precious dongsaeng, so she gave her the little trial there~”

 

“B-B-Boss…!” Sooyoung become frantic suddenly as she pulls the shorter girl to one side, whispering. “W-What’s going on…? How… How did you…”

 

“It’s obvious, my SISTER-IN-LAW.” Taeyeon emphasized on the term loudly on purpose, to let the doe-eye girl hear it as well.

 

“UNNIE…!” Yoona protested shyly.

 

“Now~ Now~ Let’s go~” Taeyeon came back to Sunny’s side and walk off with the latter, leaving the two on their on in the awkward atmosphere. The two exchanged glances briefly and looked away quickly, feeling embarrassed. “Yah! You two!”

 

“C-Coming…!” The two shouted back in unison and looked at each other again, letting out a short laugh before running towards the two shorter ones together, hand-in-hand.

-----

"Hello?" Picking up the phone, the tall girl talked into the phone as she keys in the orders quickly, receiving the cash from the customers and giving back the changes.

"Soo..." A voice sounded through receiver softly.

"Give me a moment, Yoong. I'm busy right now." The girl replied, serving the customers that are coming to her one after another.

"Soo, I'm hungry..." Slightly ignoring the words of the tall girl, the voice sounded through again. "Can you bring me some food?"

"I'm busy, Yoong. I can't. You come here." The girl sighed, hands still busy with the cash-flow.

"Soooooooo~”

"Please come out from behind the pillar and come in, pabo." The tall girl sighed. At that moment, the bell hanging on the front door jingles and a doe-eye girl came in, pouting.

 

“Boo. You’re no fun.” Yoona walks closer, clinging to the girl as the girl continues with her work. “Why are you always busy recently?”

 

“Your unnie went on honeymoon, remember?”

 

“Boo. How can she leave you to supervise this place on your own…? Making you so busy and leaving you with no time to play with me…” Yoona puffed up her cheeks angrily. Seeing that, Sooyoung pecks her on the lips and walked away, back to serving the customers. Yoona remains on the spot, her mind trying to process what just happened.

 

Soon, her face goes red and she covers her face, feeling embarrassed.

 

“T-T-That’s unfair…! I-I will help you so I can get my revenge soon…!”

 

“Yea, yea…”

 

“I mean it!”

 

“I’m always ready for you.”

 

“Better be!”