Chapter 9

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

 

Guigui was walking home with Yalun beside her. before she reached her house she turned away and faced him, "thank you."

he looked at her, "for what?"

she sighed, "letting me cry... it sounds weird but... thanks."

he shook his head, "don't thank people too much, they might not be able to repay it back."

guigui just nodded, "also... can you not tell anyone?"

he looked at her and just nodded, "ok."

she sighed once more and then reached into her backpack. she pulled out the book and handed it to him, "sorry."

he looked at her again, "for what?"

"because, i'm returning this to you." she said straightforward, "you memories are happy... don't let them disappear."

"you finished it?"

she nodded, "sorry."

he just sighed, "don't say sorry." he told her, "or else people will take advantage of you." he then took the book and looked at it, "I actually thought she would be the one giving it to me one day..." he looked at her, "but it's you instead."

she lightly looked down, "do... do you love her?"

he looked at her in silence.

guigui looked back up at him, "do you?"

he just smiled, "love is a strong word," he told her, "have you been in love before?"

she remained silent, thinking about her answer.

he laughed, "is he the one you love?"

guigui looked into his eyes, "love?" she questioned, because she knew in her heart she couldn't describe it with her own words. "i like him..." she just said, "that'd good enough."

he faintly smiled and pat her head, "good night." he then walked on home.

guigui watched as he walked home. she sighed, "love?" she asked herself, "what is love? have i ever felt it before?" she walked closer to her house thinking about it as she looked at the ground, "love?"

"guigui."

she quickly turned around.

wangzi looked at her, "where were you? i waited for you at your school but you didn't come out."

"when?"

"right when school ended."

...a lie...

"sorry," she said, "i left early... i waited for you too."

a small silence.

"how long," he also asked.

she paused, "long."

he looked at her closely, "did... did you see anything?"

guigui looked at him, she was strong just like what Yalun said. she looked at him, "everything."

wangzi quickly held her, "it's not what you think." he told her, "i've never seen xiaoxun that way. she's been our bestfriend since we were young--"

"wangzi," she interrupted, "there's no need to explain. I understand."

he looked at her.

"xiaoxun's my goodfriend. she's just like my sister. I don't want her to be hurt."

wangzi nodded, "i feel the same way."

guigui sighed, "should... should we break up?"

he looked at her strangely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yalun walked into the shop.

his uncle looked at him, "you're two hours late."

he sighed, "i know."

"if you're going to be late i'll hire someone else."

yalun looked at his uncle, "can you help me?"

his uncle was surprised, "are you serious? this is the first time you're asking for help."

he just sighed, "are you going to help me or not?"

his uncle nodded anxiously, "ok ok!"

he then whispered it to his uncle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~