Chapter 22

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

 

Hebe lightly smiled, "how have you been?"

He couldn't take his eyes off her, "it's been over five years... is that all you can say?"

She lightly laughed, "i have so many things to say. But I just want to hear you talk."

He smiled, "what do you want me to say?"

"Anything."

He continued to look at her with a smile, "it's been five years... there's not one day I haven't thought of you." he sighs, "i don't dare to blink... afraid you'd be gone again."

Hebe begins to frown along with Yalun.

He reaches out and holds her hand, "is it really you?" He begins to cry, "it is you..."

She quickly holds his hand and places it on her right cheek, "it's me!" she says beginning to cry, "i won't leave you! I won't!"

Yalun holds onto her tightly as he continued to cry.

Hebe holds him and pats his head lightly, "i'm here. I won't leave you ever again." she leans her head onto his as she comforted him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guigui was walking slowly as Wang Zi and Xiao Xun trailed her.

"Gui Gui," she said to herself, "cheer up... you knew the outcome, you should be prepared." she cheered herself up for only that second, then she frowned once more, "but you lost even without trying."

Wang Zi then had enough of her gloomy face. He quickly walked up to her and stood infront of her, "why are you upset?" he asked with a monotone, "i'm you boyfriend aren't I?"

Gui Gui looked at him with apologetic eyes, "Wang Zi, last night... I'm sorry." She paused as she tried to gather her words, "truth is... I feel annoyed by the situation around me. I just want to be alone. Can I?"

He saw the tears in her eyes and shook his head, "what kind of boyfriend am I if I don't comfort you when you're crying?" When he tried to hug her, she stopped him.

She wore a small smile, "you're a great friend..." she sighs, "I like things the way they used to be. When we all walked to school together, studied together. Who would've thought it'd change cause of a book..." Gui Gui forces a small smile, "I want to go back to the old times... when there was no book, no relationship..." she pauses, "no Yalun." She quickly clears to stop the silence, "I miss the old times. Wang Zi, let's begin again, back to when were friends and when there were arguments, of course we have Xiao Xun." Gui Gui turns back to look at her, 'don't you want to go back to those times Xiao Xun?"

Xiao Xun just looked at her as if she was crazy, "Gui Gui. Why do you keep living in the past? We all should await for tomorrow. What's done yesterday is done... we can never go back to it."

Gui Gui lightly smiles at her words, "what you say is also true... if only i had a time machine I'd go back to yesterday and wouldn't come back." her tears began to fall, "I don't want to wait for the outcome... I just want to remember it... I don't want it to fade."

Xiao Xun quickly comforted her, "you fool. If you keep on going to yesterday how are you going to face your obstacles? Even if the road looks rough, you can still look back! It will never disappear!"

Gui Gui just continued to cry, but she knew Xiao Xun was right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yalun handed it to her, "here it is."

She smiled as she took the book into her hands. She just smiled, "you still kept it?"

He nodded, "what else am I supposed to do with it?"

She chuckled, "you can throw it away. You just have to face me when I came back."

Ya Lun chuckled, "ok," he tried to grab the book away but she refused.

"Nevermind, I want to read it," Hebe said taking it away.

Then the doorbell ringed and Ya Lun went to answer it.

Hebe opened to the first page.

~"April 16, 2009."~

Hebe looked at it strangely, "April 16?" She thought, "2009?" She was confused then she read the first sentence.

~"That idiot, does she really think I'll marry her?"~

"Hebe," Ya Lun says entering the room.

She quickly closed the book and looked at him.

"The caretaker finally finished the laundry, "do you want to go out and eat?"

"Eat?" she questioned and then smiled, "sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~